3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

A hundred batteries?? That would power 50 Gameboys, or one Gameboy continuously played for several months!

lichme

quality posts: 2849 Private Messages lichme

If you don't have a ton already, this is a great steal for having some spares around. Great for flashlights/remotes etc. 100 may be excessive, but hey, that's how woot rollz.

kgryzan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kgryzan

My last 2 sets of batteries on woot we're junk. I would avoid...

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3465 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Check out these comments for these back when they were sold in November

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3465 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Solid reviews (3.7 out of 5.0) over at amazon on the AA's

chiefmojorison

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chiefmojorison
kgryzan wrote:My last 2 sets of batteries on woot we're junk. I would avoid...

I loaded up on the Fuji batteries a couple woot-offs ago. Agree they were junk. They were carbon, and fail in the Wii and other electronics. These ones are alkaline.

nechronius

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nechronius

A GM branded battery? Interesting.

Just make sure to mind the "best used by 2018" date. Most major alkaline batteries, when you buy them, usually have a "best used by" date almost 10 years from the day you buy them, because usually hey're pretty fresh. Remember that batteries slowly deteriorate and also lose their charge over time. Fresh Alkalines usually rate around 1.675 volts. These are probably around the 1.63 or so point. Decent, but try to use them up fairly quickly.

I had an 8-pack of AA's I kept around for use in a small telescope (old Meade ETX-90EC) and the batteries all corroded together from being close to each other and leaked. "Best by" date on those was 2016. Glad these brand new batteries weren't in my scope.

scotttampa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scotttampa

Got THESE from woot awhile ago, and they are some of the best batteries ive ever had. I got them because they are super alkaline, and tested them against regular duracell and these last more than 2x as long. Very impressed with the quality/cost ratio!

joebeimon

quality posts: 3 Private Messages joebeimon

INHO, these types of items go bad quickly. You can pretend to think they will last on the shelf, but they will not. I would avoid.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
baybei wrote:A hundred batteries?? That would power 50 Gameboys, or one Gameboy continuously played for several months!

About three months ago I asked a kid what game he was playing on his game boy. he asked me what a game boy was and correctly told me he was playing a Nintendo DS. I'm too young to start feeling old gat dangit!

biliabong6

quality posts: 1 Private Messages biliabong6

These batteries are good for devices like TV remotes, LED flashlights, travel alarm clocks, kitchen scales and other minor devices.

If you try to use them in stuff like Xbox360 controllers, wireless mice, cameras, audio transmitters, or other high-end devices they will drain in hours.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Since I think this discussion will pretty go along the typical battery discussions of the past (In other words, it's like buying a lottery ticket with a pretty good chance of winning, but it's still a lottery ticket only rivaled by the King of Shaves), I'll try my first (and perhaps last) attempt at humor since I'm severely sleep deprived.

"Did you hear about the new really cheap batteries? The price is bordering on criminal. They're being made from Morton's Salt."
"Wait, what are you talking about?"
"Of salt in batteries."

Edit: $14.99 tonight

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU
biliabong6 wrote:These batteries are good for devices like TV remotes, LED flashlights, travel alarm clocks, kitchen scales and other minor devices.

If you try to use them in stuff like Xbox360 controllers, wireless mice, cameras, audio transmitters, or other high-end devices they will drain in hours.

or, I would imagine, be good for leak frogs.

Mattroid

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Mattroid

They can't be any worse than those Fugi batteries that have been on here so many times in the past. Or at least I hope not.

EricPost

quality posts: 3 Private Messages EricPost

sigh

I need "C" batteries

scotttampa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scotttampa
Mattroid wrote:They can't be any worse than those Fugi batteries that have been on here so many times in the past. Or at least I hope not.

Those were not alkaline... and these are.. super alkaline at that! They work great in electronics.

SoSori259

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SoSori259

"Long life and the consistent quality"

Sounds like a bad Chinese translation. Take out "the"...

hdtvcamera

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hdtvcamera

100 batteries big deal. How about 1000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_8n2Qgguto

dickrourke

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dickrourke

Those 'solid' 3.5 star reviews from Amazon came from only 7 customers, and two of course had sad stories to tell.

I really think it's important to note the number of opinions, since a small number tells us less reliably the general view - not just stars. For example, I find myself asking for the highest rated of a product and what pops to the front? - Positive views by one soul.

Obviously, I need more electrics in my life, however.

wootgigi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootgigi

Was in for 3 til I realized they're batteries. Thought they were ammo.

jsvend

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jsvend
wootgigi wrote:Was in for 3 til I realized they're batteries. Thought they were ammo.

they could be =o

wootpoop

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootpoop

If you are buying batteries by the 100s for home use it's time to buy a recharger.

The batteries work better in things like the Wii and digital cameras and they are less wasteful and in the long run, less expensive.

gorbag

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gorbag

NB: AC Delco AA and AAA are actually made by Powermax:

http://www.powermaxusa.com/acdelco.asp

ffjost

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ffjost
nechronius wrote:A GM branded battery? Interesting.

AC Delco is not GM, just a packaging company. I would suspect Wells electronics to be the manufacturer of these batteries.

dragonfist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dragonfist

Not sure is anyone posted this guy's review yest, but he put more times into it than I would! He did a great job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsYv5f3yQQ0&list=UULVm5STfCi4fYim73JIKClA&index=8

Z

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady
biliabong6 wrote:These batteries are good for devices like TV remotes, LED flashlights, travel alarm clocks, kitchen scales and other minor devices.

Au contraire grasshopper... I feed one of these to my wireless mouse every 2 months... and I can't tell you how many times I've left the mouse lit overnight... So there's 200 months of mousing around around for me... well beyond the expire date... fortunately SWMBO find ways of snacking on these cylindrical morsels...

yassirsos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yassirsos

dose come 10 in pack ?

mdewitte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdewitte

In for two, one of each size. Can't ever have enough batteries. Gotta give props to the guy linked above that did all the testing. Wish I had that much time on my hands.

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090

My rule for a cheap AA alkaline is 25 cents or less. This works because after shipping, they come in at 20 cents each. These are pretty decent batteries, I've bought them from Menards or Frys (or maybe both) in the past. Definitely a good deal, and a great deal if you buy 2+. It may seem like a huge amount of batteries, with two kids and some toys requiring 8+ batteries at a time- you can burn through these in a year.

compmikey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages compmikey

If you need these to put them on your shelf for a rainy day, buy something else. However, if you have battery eating monsters in you home, and will use these in the next 2 years, this is a great deal. I have them in sizes from AA thru D cell from previous woots, and they work great. You can't beat the price. They work grat in the transmitters and receivers of the kids' RC cars and boats.

BillMcNeal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BillMcNeal
wootpoop wrote:If you are buying batteries by the 100s for home use it's time to buy a recharger.

The batteries work better in things like the Wii and digital cameras and they are less wasteful and in the long run, less expensive.

You must not have little kids, we've got about 30 Thomas trains that take aa or aaa batteries as well as a whole host of other battery powered toys. No point in rechargeable for them because there are so many different ones I'd need like 50 rechargeables

[color=red]http://www.backshegoes.com The most irreverent Phillies talk on the interwebs![/color]
5/1/2007 Toshiba USB Optical Scroll Mouse – 2 Pack 2
4/27/2007 Screaming Monkey with Black Woot Cape 3
3/23/2007 Screaming Monkey with Green Woot Cape 1 2/26/2007 H&R Block TaxCut Premium Federal & State on 256MB Thumb Drive 1 1/31/2007 Random Crap 3 1/31/2007 ADS USB 2.0 SimpleTouch Hard Drive Case w/Backup Software

JorgeaAcevedo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JorgeaAcevedo

I like it when even ignorance make some things sounds funny, Mayas used base 20 system that its more efficient than base 10, so cheers to your ignorance.

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586

Uhoh. Denied. My paymment authorization was denied. Ugh! But its paypal. This makes no sense.

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090
dragonfist wrote:Not sure is anyone posted this guy's review yest, but he put more times into it than I would! He did a great job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsYv5f3yQQ0&list=UULVm5STfCi4fYim73JIKClA&index=8

This is a great link, I'm going to embed it for easier viewing. This will definitely help woot sell some batteries. It sold me for 2 packs!

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586
gak0090 wrote:This is a great link, I'm going to embed it for easier viewing. This will definitely help woot sell some batteries. It sold me for 2 packs!

My husband gets jealous of my AAA batteries. I can vouch for this guy. AC Delco work at least that long. :-)

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422
gak0090 wrote:My rule for a cheap AA alkaline is 25 cents or less. This works because after shipping, they come in at 20 cents each. These are pretty decent batteries, I've bought them from Menards or Frys (or maybe both) in the past. Definitely a good deal, and a great deal if you buy 2+. It may seem like a huge amount of batteries, with two kids and some toys requiring 8+ batteries at a time- you can burn through these in a year.

Exactly! Also, don't forget that Alakalines have a very good shelf life, and if you DON'T refrigerate them they should retain 95% capacity after 8 years.

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii
scotttampa wrote:Those were not alkaline... and these are.. super alkaline at that! They work great in electronics.

and super duper would be even better.

oddsbeater1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages oddsbeater1

Bought 1 set of AA's but was tempted to buy 2 of each. Would have except I'm not sure of the shelf life. Anyone know how long they'd be good unused?

I think, therefore.."I-M".

wendyhare

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wendyhare
CowboyDann wrote:About three months ago I asked a kid what game he was playing on his game boy. he asked me what a game boy was and correctly told me he was playing a Nintendo DS. I'm too young to start feeling old gat dangit!

I know your pain...