WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: What was the earliest Woot site launch you were around for?
  • 52.9% - the original Woot 1269
  • 9.7% - Wine 232
  • 11.9% - Shirt 285
  • 5.7% - Kids 136
  • 3.8% - Deals 92
  • 4.6% - Home 110
  • 1.3% - Sport 30
  • 3% - Tech 71
  • 7.3% - Tools & Garden (today!) 175
2400 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 32 Private Messages dernst_ca1

problem is, things have change so much and not all for the better.. Think of a menu. If there are too many choices you will probably become disinterested...

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

KevinatWoot

quality posts: 18 Private Messages KevinatWoot

So your poll only goes up to 9 options?

davemeigs5

quality posts: 6 Private Messages davemeigs5

After the original before the rest.

luchuc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages luchuc

I choose choice e)woot-worthy. Meaningless, effects nothing, but satisfies that need to know. Well done!

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

Suspiciously, sellout is not on the list.

Which happens to be my answer.

threeeleven5000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages threeeleven5000

Woot.com sucks now

justafreak

quality posts: 11 Private Messages justafreak

Happy wooting.....Im off to have surgery so don't sell any bags while Im gone...plz k thx.

(Not an April Fools joke...see you in a few days)

.rev - 325.unique.woots / 567.total.items - woot is where the crap is.

Moueska

quality posts: 52 Private Messages Moueska
davemeigs5 wrote:After the original before the rest.

Same

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud

Yep and I don't quite remember the order they dropped...

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

WilfBrim

quality posts: 18 Private Messages WilfBrim

Me, after the original but before the rest. Which came first, Sellout or Wine? I think Sellout.

mdkopper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdkopper
threeeleven5000 wrote:Woot.com sucks now

You got that S... right

cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller

Ha ha, this is a good one. It really tells a lot about folks. Maybe make sure you check your "Joined" date in your details real quick before you answer this one.

Also, you folks whining about the site sucking that have joined dates newer than 2009, just shut up. You can't say crap about something you never knew.

This might help some of you:

woot: July 12, 2004
wine: "summer of 2006"

The rest are 2007 or newer. And sellout has a special history.. which may explain why it's not listed.

It only takes a couple seconds to look all this up kids. Do yourselves a favor and look it up. You might learn something today (even if it really isn't anything all that important; sorry woot!).

P.S. Keep in mind, the question is the earliest LAUNCH you were around for. So all of you that joined in 2005 or later, you're a lying Bunch of 60s Cartoons if you choose the original woot.

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

moles1138

quality posts: 8 Private Messages moles1138

sometime after shirt

cf

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cf

Ditto

coolmornings

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coolmornings

I haven't bought anything since the site changed. I get better prices elsewhere. Makes me sad ;(

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I read it wrong. I saw the launch of shirt. I was here for woot.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

rehta

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rehta

HA! I didn't look it up until after I voted...but I did manage to vote correctly! I'm good.

-Heather (First Burgandy Olfactory Center 12/6/11)

rehta

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rehta
cycokiller wrote:P.S. Keep in mind, the question is the earliest LAUNCH you were around for. So all of you that joined in 2005 or later, you're a lying Bunch of 60s Cartoons if you choose the original woot.

And you should keep in mind that the date someone signed up does not necessarily equal the date someone started following the site. Personally, I was checking the site for awhile before I signed up when there was finally something I wanted to buy. It wouldn't be off my YEARS of course, but it could be off by months, and depending on the year, could be enough to have the launch of a site fall between when they started visiting the site and when a new site was launched. This, of course, does not apply to the original site launch. Obviously you can't visit and follow a site until it exists. And really, how many people can say they have visited a site since the first day it was launched? I say anyone that visited woot within the first year of its launch should legitimately be able to vote for the original woot in this poll. But that's just my opinion.

-Heather (First Burgandy Olfactory Center 12/6/11)

olcubmaster

quality posts: 29 Private Messages olcubmaster

hmm..March of 07 here. I can't say I recall what was and what wasn't and frankly don't care enough to look 'em up.

I remember the pope hats, the contests and hitting the F5 in eager anticipation of snagging bragging rights to a box which may actually contact items like the leg from an action figure.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

Tweaq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tweaq
cycokiller wrote:Ha ha, this is a good one. It really tells a lot about folks. Maybe make sure you check your "Joined" date in your details real quick before you answer this one.

Also, you folks whining about the site sucking that have joined dates newer than 2009, just shut up. You can't say crap about something you never knew.

The rest are 2007 or newer. And sellout has a special history.. which may explain why it's not listed.

It only takes a couple seconds to look all this up kids. Do yourselves a favor and look it up. You might learn something today (even if it really isn't anything all that important; sorry woot!).

P.S. Keep in mind, the question is the earliest LAUNCH you were around for. So all of you that joined in 2005 or later, you're a lying Bunch of 60s Cartoons if you choose the original woot.

Wow, just realized I signed up 12 days after woot launched. Not sure if impressed or sad.

justinwrg570

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justinwrg570

I really wanted to call BS on 1/2 being around since the beginning. Then I looked at all the replies and they have all been here longer than me.

KtCallista

quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista

So much has changed and I'm so lazy about wanting to look up the answer for a cheesy woot poll, but I've been here since broccoli and carrots.

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

cycokiller wrote:Ha ha, this is a good one. It really tells a lot about folks. Maybe make sure you check your "Joined" date in your details real quick before you answer this one.

Wine is older than shirt?

Maybe. Can't remember.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

dontwantaname wrote:I read it wrong. I saw the launch of shirt. I was here for woot.

No, I read it right.

Shirt or wine, which ever launch was first.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 140 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:No, I read it right.

Shirt or wine, which ever launch was first.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woot.com#Wine.woot

ORDER CANCELLATION: now within 15 mins, click here for more details...
Need Some Help? Hit us up at support@woot.com
Have Any Questions? Check out Woot FAQ
Wanna Hear What's Going on All Things Woot? Swing by Our Blog

tabaddon

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tabaddon
rehta wrote:And you should keep in mind that the date someone signed up does not necessarily equal the date someone started following the site. Personally, I was checking the site for awhile before I signed up when there was finally something I wanted to buy. ...

This. I've only been registered with this ID since March 2009, which surprises me because I was checking it at least once a week for maybe two years before that (long before I moved from CA to WA in the second half of 2007). I hate signing up on sites I'm not really going to use. The thing that finally got me? The original How We Roll shirt. So, while my official answer is "Kids", I do actually remember seeing all the pearl clutching shortly after Sellout launched, too (and every launch since). The site's definitely changed a ton, but some things never change - people who were here on Day Two are probably still moaning about a tweak they spotted on Day Four.

Handy date guide: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woot#Related_sites

Woot history: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woot

Be quicker of mind than of tongue.
Opinions are not advice, nor directives.
The world is not limited by your limited experience.
I'm not better than anyone else, and neither are you.

Moueska

quality posts: 52 Private Messages Moueska

ROFL - My dad was wooting before I took the initiative to join the forums. It took a LONG time before my first woot. But yes, I remember the original woot - but wasn't an inaugural customer. And I DO remember the launch of wine.woot, even though I wasn't "in" the forums (or registered) then.

And doesn't "Sellout.woot"'s history begin with a re-direct to a yahoo-hosted sale option? I think I remember something like that...