12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 3126 Private Messages lichme

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3812 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Reviewers over at amazon(4.3 out of 5.0) love the 7" model.

jsamonas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsamonas
lichme wrote:Tons of good reviews for the 7" here

Wow. Lots of REALLY good reviews. If I didn't already have a Transformer, I might be in!

ScottFromWyoming

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ScottFromWyoming

Cue, not que. Which is not a word. Queue is a word but not the word you want. Cue is that word.

/grammarcopguysorry

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8

Still love my Tab 2 7". Bought on woot 9/15/13 and it's still going strong.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

prttymf8 wrote:Still love my Tab 2 7". Bought on woot 9/15/13 and it's still going strong.

You mean 9/15/2012 right? lol :D

allisonb216

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allisonb216
prttymf8 wrote:Still love my Tab 2 7". Bought on woot 9/15/13 and it's still going strong.

whoa! You bought it in the future?!

conanthelibrarian

Great reviews (4.6 out of 5.0) on the 10" model over at samsung.com

CAisBurning

quality posts: 2 Private Messages CAisBurning
allisonb216 wrote:whoa! You bought it in the future?!

It's THAT powerful.

conanthelibrarian

Lots of comments from fellow wooters from when the 10" was offered this past February.

prttymf8

ROGETRAY wrote:You mean 9/15/2012 right? lol :D

Whoops. Yes, 9/15/2012. I'm not from the future. Really, I'm not. Really.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

allisonb216 wrote:whoa! You bought it in the future?!

prttymf8 wrote:Whoops. Yes, 9/15/2012. I'm not from the future. Really, I'm not. Really.

Denimbear

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Denimbear
prttymf8 wrote:Whoops. Yes, 9/15/2012. I'm not from the future. Really, I'm not. Really.

Sure that is what THEY ALL Say , George Jetson LOL. Or is that Beam me up Scotty lol. j/k

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

outer78

quality posts: 13 Private Messages outer78

Bought this tablet 2 weeks ago new for $155. Great little thing(7").

One big con

-Unable to install apps to SD card!

That may hurt some of you gamers out there and maybe some of you that are app hogs. At 4.25gb this wasn't enough for me.(OS and bloatware take up other 3.5)

Solution would be to Root this bad boy! You then have the ability to install apps to SD or do as I did and have the system swap SD with Internal memory.

Great little rom, especially if you like listening to music over at the below site.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2081801

One thing to watch out for is if you want to us the IR blaster though as this is the p3113 model. They don't seem to have a way to keep that working in after rooting it yet but I have never looked at what it could do so I don't know what I'm missing :/

robio

quality posts: 42 Private Messages robio

Can any owners comment on how tough these are? Are the backs metal or plastic? Autistic nephew needs a Tablet for some of the apps designed for such kids, and I'd like to point his folks toward something with a little more wherewithal than my Acer A100.

wfsepsrs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wfsepsrs

If you bought it on 9/15/13, does that mean that you will have to wait until then to get it???

outer78

quality posts: 13 Private Messages outer78
robio wrote:Can any owners comment on how tough these are? Are the backs metal or plastic? Autistic nephew needs a Tablet for some of the apps designed for such kids, and I'd like to point his folks toward something with a little more wherewithal than my Acer A100.

*edit - I have the 7" not the 10.1" but I assume same quality build...

Hmm, the back is definitely plastic. It seems like there is a bit of metal that holds the back to the screen, so the edges are metal(aluminum?) Or maybe its just a really hard plastic. A little hard to tell but 90% sure its a metal.

As for durability? idk, I wouldn't recommend dropping any tablet. Seems like any one tablet is going to have a shattered screen if dropped on the edge, including this one.

I currently have this around mine and it is like a harder rubber. I think it would protect a decent amount if dropped but can't guarantee anything.

Amazon has some decent leather ones that would probably cover it all better though and maybe buffer a drop better.

*EDIT again - I forgot about otterbox cases. Those things make electronics pretty tough as well and you may look into those although they get pretty pricey so make sure you get the right one the first time.

riparianprince

quality posts: 2 Private Messages riparianprince
robio wrote:Can any owners comment on how tough these are? Are the backs metal or plastic? Autistic nephew needs a Tablet for some of the apps designed for such kids, and I'd like to point his folks toward something with a little more wherewithal than my Acer A100.

I've had mine since before Xmas when they were on Woot, and refurb or not, it's pretty bombproof. Slipped out of my shoulder bag as I was slinging it off to get in my car, 7" tab fell out at the apex (must have been 7 or 8 feet up!), hit the pavement on the corner the went bouncing and skittering under my car. I nearly bit through my lip in that "WHAT have I DONE?!" moment, but incredibly, it still works like new. Great tablet, totally satisfied.

There is never a bad time to not want to need something. Except now.

prttymf8

Denimbear wrote:Sure that is what THEY ALL Say , George Jetson LOL. Or is that Beam me up Scotty lol. j/k

Kasona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kasona

I bought my 7" when they offered them back in February, and I've really enjoyed it! I bought a nice leather case for it on Amazon, and it seems to be holding up to abuse pretty well in that. I dropped it (in the case) from about 4 feet onto a cement floor and it had absolutely no problem with that.

My only gripe with this deal is the price. The tablet alone was $140 when woot offered it back in February. Now it's $170 with the accessory kit, and sorry, but there is no way that that kit is worth $30. I'm glad I got mine when I did.

[MOD: February was refurb; this is NEW.]

snu

quality posts: 2 Private Messages snu

I totally read the title as 'Samsung Tab 27"', and was thinking 'heck yes! I want one!'
darn it

prttymf8

snu wrote:I totally read the title as 'Samsung Tab 27"', and was thinking 'heck yes! I want one!'
darn it

You'd need an awfully large carrying case for that.

ShadowTech

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ShadowTech

We bought one of the 10.1" elsewhere about a month ago and my wife loves it. I don't really see the point of them as I have a nice PC for gaming, and anything mobile can be done on my phone.

If you're a light internet user and gamer (I use the term gamer very loosely here), then this tablet is really all you need.

With all the apps out there for Android, you can do pretty much anything you need to.

Battery life on our 10.1 is fairly good with her playing games on it, about 7-8 hours or so, maybe a bit more. Only downside is it takes almost that long to fully recharge, so make sure you're plugging this in every night if you use it a lot (but who doesn't anyway).

The bundle is definitely not worth it, but the price is still on par with most retailers, and you of course save tax. Amazon would get ya free shipping so ya'd save $5, but wouldn't get the worthless kit. Although you'd have a heck of a lot easier time returning it if ya didn't like it.

Edit:
The cameras SUCK, I mean really SUCK. They are fixed focus, so are pretty much worthless. But honestly, who uses a tablet to take pictures with. I also didn't care much for the fact the Tab 2 lost the flash the Tab 1 had. That would have been really handy with a flashlight app.

As far as speed of the tablet, you will notice some lag in the more graphic heavy games, but they're still playable enough. Homescreen lag is noticeable, but also not bothersome. With a 10" screen, you just have to expect it on most of the tablets out there right now.

\o/

kool7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kool7

Is there an HDMI slot with this 10" tablet?
If it has a HDMI slot , can I watch movies with this tablet on my TV ?

prttymf8

kool7 wrote:Is there an HDMI slot with this 10" tablet?
If it has a HDMI slot , can I watch movies with this tablet on my TV ?

It does not natively have an HDMI port. But you can buy this thing: http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-tab-accessories/EPL-3PHPBEGSTA

Then you can watch movies on your TV.

ibbleschitz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ibbleschitz

I already have a galaxy Note for a phone... so not really sure I need a Tablet.

Boxymoron

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Boxymoron

Okay, so I totally read that as either a 10" or a 27" model. Could you add in a colon or semi-colon in there? I do think a 27" tablet would be rather silly and only somewhat awesome, but it would be utterly disappointing for someone to not get that, possibly?

prttymf8

Boxymoron wrote:Okay, so I totally read that as either a 10" or a 27" model. Could you add in a colon or semi-colon in there? I do think a 27" tablet would be rather silly and only somewhat awesome, but it would be utterly disappointing for someone to not get that, possibly?

There you go. http://www.lenovo.com/products/us/desktop/ideacentre/horizon/

Two whole hours of battery life.

bjfranck

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bjfranck

I have owned the 7 for almost a year now. Over all this table just works. There are very few bugs and almost zero crashes. I use it at work as well as home. Wifi has been good. The upgrade to JB took along time to arrive but it was a quality upgrade.

Samsung has announced 4.2.1 will be the last software update.

I have dropped this tablet a dozen times with zero problems.

Challenge for me is I am ready for my next tablet but with the exception of screen resolution there is little reason to upgrade. This has been a solid tablet.

Cameras are lower quality but they work. It comes with a movie edition software that actually does a good enough job.

You will run out of app space with about 4.5gb free to fill with apps. I just manage.

Price wise the 7 is $10 below market and the 10 is $20 below. Refurbished go lower.

I would say that this is a fair deal on an excellent tablet.

rhmurphy

quality posts: 19 Private Messages rhmurphy
outer78 wrote:One thing to watch out for is if you want to us the IR blaster though as this is the p3113 model. They don't seem to have a way to keep that working in after rooting it yet but I have never looked at what it could do so I don't know what I'm missing :/

Rooting it- which means that you install a superuser application - doesn't block the IT port usage. The GT-PT515 that I'm typing this on is rooted but the Peel remote works just fine. None of the custom ROMs support the IR, but you don't need to install a custom ROM after rooting. Just use something like Titanium Backup to freeze the bloat.

Woot! Now 100+ woots for me!
That's 87 woots (Including Twelve Bats On Crack!), 12 Sellout.woots, 8 wine.woots and 4 kids.woots, and finally, 2 shirt.woots!

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 98 Private Messages radi0j0hn
ShadowTech wrote:We bought one of the 10.1" elsewhere about a month ago and my wife loves it. I don't really see the point of them as I have a nice PC for gaming, and anything mobile can be done on my phone.

If you're a light internet user and gamer (I use the term gamer very loosely here), then this tablet is really all you need.

With all the apps out there for Android, you can do pretty much anything you need to.

Battery life on our 10.1 is fairly good with her playing games on it, about 7-8 hours or so, maybe a bit more. Only downside is it takes almost that long to fully recharge, so make sure you're plugging this in every night if you use it a lot (but who doesn't anyway).

The bundle is definitely not worth it, but the price is still on par with most retailers, and you of course save tax. Amazon would get ya free shipping so ya'd save $5, but wouldn't get the worthless kit. Although you'd have a heck of a lot easier time returning it if ya didn't like it.

Edit:
The cameras SUCK, I mean really SUCK. They are fixed focus, so are pretty much worthless. But honestly, who uses a tablet to take pictures with. I also didn't care much for the fact the Tab 2 lost the flash the Tab 1 had. That would have been really handy with a flashlight app.

As far as speed of the tablet, you will notice some lag in the more graphic heavy games, but they're still playable enough. Homescreen lag is noticeable, but also not bothersome. With a 10" screen, you just have to expect it on most of the tablets out there right now.

re:"The cameras SUCK, I mean really SUCK. They are fixed focus, so are pretty much worthless."

Not a lens for fine art photos. Get the right tool for the job! Besides, how at this stage of camera design, are you going to wedge an autofocus mechanism comparable to a camera in that small a space?

BTW, billions of photos have been successfully taken with fixed focus film cameras since the 1900's. Box cameras, Instamatics, single-use, etc.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

wayneqsr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wayneqsr

YouTube video review of the unboxing of the Red 7" edition (just means the frame is red.)
http://bit.ly/101RfoI

prttymf8

radi0j0hn wrote:re:"The cameras SUCK, I mean really SUCK. They are fixed focus, so are pretty much worthless."

Not a lens for fine art photos. Get the right tool for the job! Besides, how at this stage of camera design, are you going to wedge an autofocus mechanism comparable to a camera in that small a space?

BTW, billions of photos have been successfully taken with fixed focus film cameras since the 1900's. Box cameras, Instamatics, single-use, etc.

Logic and facts? What are you doing on the internet?

cdebro

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cdebro
conanthelibrarian wrote:Great reviews (4.6 out of 5.0) on the 10" model over at samsung.com

I posted a slightly negative review about a DVD player on their site and it was removed. I posted it again and it too was removed. I then posted it on their Facebook page and it was removed. None of the posts contained bad language, just facts about the product issues. They are definitely stacking the deck in their favor.

That said, I own a Samsung 10.1 and it is fantastic. Nevertheless, I do not respect the company

mcgours

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcgours

Does the 10.1" have wifi?

bowlingb

quality posts: 22 Private Messages bowlingb

Given the specs on the two, why would I chose the Samsung over a google nexus 7? Somebody help me out here.

morriea

quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea
mcgours wrote:Does the 10.1" have wifi?

A tablet without WiFi would be pretty much useless. All of them have it.

woottoady

quality posts: 34 Private Messages woottoady
prttymf8 wrote:Two whole hours of battery life.

Is the monitor stand available separately?

sssprinkle

quality posts: 17 Private Messages sssprinkle
ScottFromWyoming wrote:Cue, not que. Which is not a word. Queue is a word but not the word you want. Cue is that word.

/grammarcopguysorry

Well, if you're going to play grammar police then let's play!

Based on your punctuation, your second sentence claims that the word "which" is not a word. I mean, you specifically wrote "Which is not a word". I'm pretty sure you're wrong about that. If the point you were trying to make is that "Que" is not a word then I believe that the ~400 million Spanish speakers on Earth might disagree with you. "Que" might not be an English word, but it is certainly a word.

See, isn't it fun to be corrected by the grammar police? By the way, you really should read "Eats, Shoots and Leaves" by Lynne Truss.