WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Woven Dobby Sheets

Well, we were GOING to be bobbing for apples, but SOMEBODY forgot to bring the apples, so instead we went bobbing for dobby sheets, and now we've got all these leftover dobby sheets, so, if you don't mind, we're going to sell them. Will you please buy some? We need some money for apples.

julielewdness

quality posts: 2 Private Messages julielewdness

Can anyone comment on the quality/comfort of these? That's a heck of a price for a queen sheet set. Will be in for a few if someone can tell me they are comfy.

emschelle

quality posts: 5 Private Messages emschelle

Blergh my mattress is too deep for these; bummer, I really like the color-

msjazzzz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msjazzzz

BEWARE!! These sheets state they are MICROFIBER. That means they are similar to sheer curtain material...which is awful as sheets. Just sayin'.

amyjo02

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amyjo02

Anyone know the brand name? I can't find one. :\

mnementhdragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mnementhdragon
msjazzzz wrote:BEWARE!! These sheets state they are MICROFIBER. That means they are similar to sheer curtain material...which is awful as sheets. Just sayin'.

Microfiber just means that it is a really fine (as in thin) fiber. My sheer curtains are made from a microfiber. As are my ultrasuede pillow covers, and my really comfy blanket.

If these are like the ones I picked up at the store last week, they are really soft and lightweight.

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8

These remind me of those "Egyptian Comfort" sheets that claim to be 1200TC for $30.

Microfiber sheets don't hold up to washings and get very uncomfortable very quickly. If anything, buy these for the guest room...if you don't like your guests.

ax89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ax89

Well, they're polyester which means they would make great pants for Herb Tarlick... sheets? not so much... (at least, not for me)

cheapskate5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheapskate5

Just disappointed these have NOTHING to do with Harry Potter.

PapaMidnight

quality posts: 4 Private Messages PapaMidnight

Do these come with House Elves?

6 years bag-of-crapless and counting...

jessicag1999

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessicag1999

Does anyone know the thread count? Microfiber or not there should be a thread count.

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick

How can you call these Dobby sheets when they have nothing to do with house elves?

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

From my Google-ing, it seems these sets are extremely popular for deal-a-day websites. They've been on groupon too. But everyone seems to keep the brand name on the hush. Nearly every single site uses the exact same description wording. No further info than what Woot has posted.

Has all the signs of some cheap Asian junk. Just sayin...

markriddle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages markriddle

Love Woot, Hate these sheets. As the old saying goes, "why bother?"

Sheets are slick like imitation satin sheets and I had a nice pink mattress pad after I had my burgundy sheets on my bed for about 5 days.

Just not a value. Inexpensive yes, but quality just not.

The nicest I can say would be , "meh"

ndk0911

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ndk0911

So I'm guessing this would be a "NO GO". And to everyone who keeps saying "it's a good price but the quality is not so good..." Well you get what you pay for. Not only that if you want comfortable sheets go to a store like a muggle and feel them before you buy. Crazy concept, I know.

violasinger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages violasinger

Sheets with house elves on them would have been a definite buy!

dfaris

quality posts: 8 Private Messages dfaris
firebirdude wrote:From my Google-ing, it seems these sets are extremely popular for deal-a-day websites. They've been on groupon too.

If that's the case, my wife just purchased two sets of these sheets from another site, and we're pretty disappointed. There was no brand-name on the packaging. Just a plain, nondescript piece of cardboard.

And although she ordered king-sized sets, one set has normal pillowcases as opposed to the larger king-sized pillows. But worse, after one washing one of the pillowcases' seams just completely fell apart. We haven't even slept on the sheets a single time yet, and they're already ready for the trash.

penguincheese

quality posts: 0 Private Messages penguincheese

I've never used this exact brand of sheet, but having once owned polyester microfiber sheets that looked almost exactly like these, I can say that I would never, ever buy them again. Invest in something nicer - I am forever in love with my beechwood sheets from Bed, Bath, and Beyond and they were WELL worth the cost and only got softer and nicer after every wash.

bishgod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bishgod
jessicag1999 wrote:Does anyone know the thread count? Microfiber or not there should be a thread count.

Microfiber isn't rated in theadcount. It's rated in GSM (grams per sq meter). Since this is 75 GSM it's very light and thin (75GSM is almost see-through thin held against a light).

Generally it's best to stay away from microfiber sheets.

malcam66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages malcam66

Dobby's sock.

Sardinicus

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Sardinicus
mnementhdragon wrote:Microfiber just means that it is a really fine (as in thin) fiber. My sheer curtains are made from a microfiber. As are my ultrasuede pillow covers, and my really comfy blanket.

Hm. Actually I think "microfiber" is simply a new marketing code name for polyester (which is what these are made from).

As you note they've come up with ways to make microfiber materials soft and pleasing to the touch (as opposed to the "old" plasticky polys). However I'm not sold on anything but 100% cotton for sheets.

buddyboy9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages buddyboy9
ax89 wrote:Well, they're polyester which means they would make great pants for Herb Tarlick... sheets? not so much... (at least, not for me)

Herb Tarlick LOL! He's a hero here in Cincinnati. You are showing your age.

buddyboy9

bacalum

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bacalum

There's no way I want Dobby to sheet on my bed!

On the other hand, I've heard it's interesting to fly three of these when it's windy.

When rich or powerful people propose a change, it is designed to make them richer or more powerful.

jmhatfield07

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jmhatfield07

I was so sad to see these weren't cotton. They would be a great price for cotton, but honestly I can get poly sheets for a few bucks brand new and they probably would feel just as crummy and last just as long.

Sheets that aren't breathable are pointless. So next time I see egyptian cotton maybe I will snag a few but this just isn't worth it for me.

kpearlman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kpearlman

Very glad I checked these comments. Prevented me from making an unfortunate (albeit cheap) mistake.

julielewdness

quality posts: 2 Private Messages julielewdness

Thanks for all the feedback...not going to waste my precious money on these!

Phinehasfan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Phinehasfan
buddyboy9 wrote:Herb Tarlick LOL! He's a hero here in Cincinnati. You are showing your age.

I don't know about that - I love WKRP, despite not being born until long after it originally aired.

kagekonjou

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kagekonjou
julielewdness wrote:Thanks for all the feedback...not going to waste my precious money on these!
kpearlman wrote:Very glad I checked these comments. Prevented me from making an unfortunate (albeit cheap) mistake.

What these guys said.

forgiventhief

quality posts: 0 Private Messages forgiventhief

Master has given Dobby a sheet set! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rjjArvzXuc

wendywc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wendywc

This came in today. They are horribly cheap. Will return and just donate.

dantor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dantor

These sheets are terrible. Started to fall apart after one washing, elastic lost it's elasticity

echo3157

quality posts: 0 Private Messages echo3157

Return trip back to Woot...

Veratoss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Veratoss

Worst sheets I've ever had! get's caught on my watch and tore our threads, my feet also get snagged as well, keep in mind I'm a regular guy and these sheets just feel like fine sand paper. much rather go back to my 8 year old 800 count

Veratoss is always watching.

arwarkentien

quality posts: 3 Private Messages arwarkentien

I bought these, washed them, and placed them on my bed. They "died" on the first night: 1.As I crawled into bed, my fingernail grazed a pillowcase and caused a pull in the thread, 2.My husband's heels caught on the fabric (a first for him) and caused another pull, and 3.The sheet shredded into a big hole in the middle while we slept. As these don't hold up to PG-rated sleep, don't expect any fireworks. (Cheers to Woot Cust Svc, who handled my complaint with excellence.)

trickycrayon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trickycrayon

Confirming that these are pretty terrible sheets; however, we kept them as they will work in a pinch if the laundry gets behind and I doubt you'd get much better for $25 king sized backup sheets. But I would not buy them again.

svtguy88

quality posts: 1 Private Messages svtguy88

Yeah. Just another shoddy sheet owner checking in -- these are not so great. They were fine at first, but all of the complaints are accurate. They get caught on everything, they pill like crazy and don't hold up in the wash.

...probably should have sent these back.