danbfree


quality posts: 3 Private Messages danbfree
Soeasytohate wrote:Don't really understand people crying about 'smart' features. Plenty of people buy cars and never use the turn signal. I don't see people wondering if there is a version of their car that doesn't have one...



Sorry, not even close to the same argument. Plenty of people buy a lower equipment level of car for features they don't need. MANY people already get "smart" features from their Blu Ray player, Roku, HTPC, etc and don't want to pay a dime more for something they will literally never use. In this regard, Vizio is losing a part of the market for us types that refuse to pay for these features on a budget brand, especially when I can get a 60" Sony at Fry's, brand new, for the same price.

gak0090


quality posts: 86 Private Messages gak0090
jaredflaherty wrote:yes, i have the 60" one too. got it for 799.99 at walmart last month. i am having issues with wireless connectivity. would you please let me know what router you are using? i couldn't ever get my netgear n router to work with it. i have a d-link that works great sometimes, and other times not so great. Thanks!



I have had nightmares with routers. I have owned a couple netgears including WNDR4500, Cisco EA4500 and was always frustrated. I have 6 LAN connections and about a dozen wireless connections including VOIP, and 2 repeaters. I was getting drops, delays and I am no networking expert, so I figured I was doing something wrong. I had purchased 4 of these routers
ENCORE ENHWI-2AN3
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833180062 when Newegg had them for like $22 each. I used them as repeaters, and for cheap router for a family member, and kept one as back-up. When I threw my Netgear WNDR4500 against the wall- I was forced to use this cheap Encore back-up as my main router. Yeah it's not gigabit, and its not dual band, and it maxes at 300 Mbps- but I discovered after a week of use (while looking for a new router) that this was the most dependable, no freeze ups, best coverage and best throughput that I had compared to those other much more expensive routers. It appears that Newegg no longer carries this. I think this model has replaced it:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0AT0M30787

If you need a repeater for additional coverage or to put near an entertainment as an access point
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=33-180-064&ParentOnly=1&IsVirtualParent=1

I swear by these products, the only caveat is that some of the instructions are a little cryptic. If you can't figure it out, the reviews on newegg, via the links I gave you, does best in explaining the set-up (especially if you do the repeater).

gak0090


quality posts: 86 Private Messages gak0090
danbfree wrote:Sorry, not even close to the same argument. Plenty of people buy a lower equipment level of car for features they don't need. MANY people already get "smart" features from their Blu Ray player, Roku, HTPC, etc and don't want to pay a dime more for something they will literally never use. In this regard, Vizio is losing a part of the market for us types that refuse to pay for these features on a budget brand, especially when I can get a 60" Sony at Fry's, brand new, for the same price.



These features are not expensive to package with the TV. Basically it's like power windows in a car. I would be surprised if the addition of these "smart features" added more than $20-30 to the set. At some point it will be so universal that the option to buy one without smart features won't even exist. I can't even find a bluray player (unless it's an old model) that does not have smart features- even at the very cheapest price point. Here is an example of the cheapness of this technology- for $40 you can get a dual core Android USB stick with HDMI out. This has way more functionality than the basic OS that they put on smart TV's.

http://www.amazon.com/Ug802-Android-1-2ghz-Cortex-a9-Rockchip/dp/B009A6P2VC

dutchcountry


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dutchcountry
prttymf8 wrote:I've been wanting this TV but the location where I'd have to put it is 2" too narrow to fit this TV.



If you microwave it - it will shrink about 5%. ;)

indetrucks


quality posts: 3 Private Messages indetrucks
prttymf8 wrote:I've been wanting this TV but the location where I'd have to put it is 2" too narrow to fit this TV.



That is a very cool story bro

gak0090


quality posts: 86 Private Messages gak0090
indetrucks wrote:That is a very cool story bro
re:I've been wanting this TV but the location where I'd have to put it is 2" too narrow to fit this TV.



You think it's a length or girth problem? The plot just thickens.

danbfree


quality posts: 3 Private Messages danbfree
gak0090 wrote:These features are not expensive to package with the TV. Basically it's like power windows in a car. I would be surprised if the addition of these "smart features" added more than $20-30 to the set. At some point it will be so universal that the option to buy one without smart features won't even exist. I can't even find a bluray player (unless it's an old model) that does not have smart features- even at the very cheapest price point. Here is an example of the cheapness of this technology- for $40 you can get a dual core Android USB stick with HDMI out. This has way more functionality than the basic OS that they put on smart TV's.

http://www.amazon.com/Ug802-Android-1-2ghz-Cortex-a9-Rockchip/dp/B009A6P2VC



Not sure if you are agreeing with me or not, but the problem is that the TV companies charge at LEAST $100 more for these features most people don't need... All i'm saying is PLEASE continue to offer models without these features and you are more likely to get my business.

gak0090


quality posts: 86 Private Messages gak0090
danbfree wrote:Not sure if you are agreeing with me or not, but the problem is that the TV companies charge at LEAST $100 more for these features most people don't need... All i'm saying is PLEASE continue to offer models without these features and you are more likely to get my business.



I'm saying those features are going to be on all TV's soon because the cost to add them is practically negligible- so the option to buy one without these features is quickly disappearing. The ones you see without the features are discounted to help them sell- they will be replaced with models that contain these features. The example I gave with the bluray player market illustrates that. You can't even buy recent bluray players without smart features, and they are still like $70-80 on sale.

jcarrano


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jcarrano
prttymf8 wrote:What Costco is selling are the

3D Version $1599+$100 shipping +tax : http://www.costco.com/VIZIO-65%e2%80%9d-Class-(65.00%22-Diag.)-Razor-LED%e2%84%a2-Smart-TV-with-Theater-3D%c2%ae-M3D651SV.product.100019505.html

And the version being sold on Woot today $1289+$100 shipping + tax: http://www.costco.com/VIZIO-65%22-Class-1080p-120Hz-LED-HDTV-M650VSE.product.100008009.html

Both are the smart version with the Vizio Apps.

For me in NJ:

Subtotal: $1,289.99
Shipping & Handling: $99.99
Tax: $97.30

Order Total: $1,487.28

Considering the Costco one is new and you get a 2 year warranty, my money is on Costco. Sorry Woot.



Woot:

Subtotal = 999.99
Shipping = 5.00
1 Yr Warranty = 139.99
For a grand total of $1144.98

I don't know, but I think you can get more than one year from Square Trade. I would guess it would be way cheaper than the $342.00 difference between Costco and Woot. Plus, I think you have to pay for a Costco membership to buy stuff from them.

jerickson


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerickson

So, how do they handle shipping on this, just ship it via FedEx? I know places like amazon or best buy schedule delivery for larger TVs.

jsheidbreder


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsheidbreder
jerickson wrote:So, how do they handle shipping on this, just ship it via FedEx? I know places like amazon or best buy schedule delivery for larger TVs.



Great question! That's my only hesitation with buying... don't really want this sitting on my front step in a ginormous box.

gak0090


quality posts: 86 Private Messages gak0090
jcarrano wrote:Woot:

Subtotal = 999.99
Shipping = 5.00
1 Yr Warranty = 139.99
For a grand total of $1144.98

I don't know, but I think you can get more than one year from Square Trade. I would guess it would be way cheaper than the $342.00 difference between Costco and Woot. Plus, I think you have to pay for a Costco membership to buy stuff from them.



Look this is a decent deal. But usually if you buy from Sams or Costco you don't pay shipping, cause generally you just pick it up from their club. The extended warranty I got from Sams on my 60" (version of this model)cost me $60 for 2 years (starting after the end of the manufacturers warranty. The other nice thing about these clubs is they don't hassle you about doing returns (even out of warranty). So if you are confident in the refurb today- this is financially the best deal. If you have been burnt in the past on items like this, and don't mind spending a bit more for piece of mind, you can't beat Sams and Costco for the convenience of returning items- it is well worth the yearly fee of $40 (for Sams)- I don't have a Costco membership.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jerickson wrote:So, how do they handle shipping on this, just ship it via FedEx? I know places like amazon or best buy schedule delivery for larger TVs.



For items this large, freight companies are used. That's why you must provide physical address and phone number to schedule a delivery appointment.


To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

danbfree


quality posts: 3 Private Messages danbfree
gak0090 wrote:Look this is a decent deal. But usually if you buy from Sams or Costco you don't pay shipping, cause generally you just pick it up from their club. The extended warranty I got from Sams on my 60" (version of this model)cost me $60 for 2 years (starting after the end of the manufacturers warranty. The other nice thing about these clubs is they don't hassle you about doing returns (even out of warranty). So if you are confident in the refurb today- this is financially the best deal. If you have been burnt in the past on items like this, and don't mind spending a bit more for piece of mind, you can't beat Sams and Costco for the convenience of returning items- it is well worth the yearly fee of $40 (for Sams)- I don't have a Costco membership.



OR, if you have a Fry's nearby, you can get a Sony 60" with similar features, brand new, for the same price that is a minimum of $1477 elsewhere... The only catch is that you can't buy it online for that price, it's walk-in only. So, IMHO, this is only a good deal if you absolutely insist on having a 65" over a 60".

RichardCarver


quality posts: 4 Private Messages RichardCarver
escalante wrote:That Olevia was a super deal for the time, I would have purchased it but the crazy weight stopped me. If I remember correctly, it weighed about 250 pounds. Way too heavy.



They were great TVs for the day. I bought the woot and had no problems with it. Recently traded it to my carpenter for labor and I have to admit it was pretty funny watching two big, healthy guys whining and cussing trying to get that monster on the back of a pick up. They couldn't believe how much it weighs!

antflies


quality posts: 1 Private Messages antflies

Well I was considering something over 60", and I ended up pulling the trigger on this. I have a Sony 52 LCD in my bedroom, and a Toshiba 55" in living area. I plan on putting the Sony 52" in my 3 yr. old daughters room and moving the Toshiba 55" to my bedroom. I hope this TV is as good as my Toshiba. I think the 52" in my daughters room is a little overkill, but oh well.

Shakes1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shakes1

I have the Vizio 55" LED smart tv. I bought it refurb, added a square trade warranty, and had an issue with it, square trade resolved and it has been fantastic for a good year now, I love this set. I also added a Vizio soundbar and the tv remote controls it too. Excellent picture and set for the price!!!

mecooley721


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mecooley721
khunjeff wrote:Seems like a pretty sweet deal. My very first Woot was the 65" Olevia big pimpin' TV back in 2008 - it's great, and I still use it, but it cost 2 1/2 times as much as this one, and weighs twice as much.



My uncle got the same one and he just moved the thing must weigh 200 pounds

RasOne


quality posts: 2 Private Messages RasOne
darkinc wrote:I have the 47" smart tv and I must say the hulu app is total junk. I am not sure if the problem is across all of their smart TV's, but it seems like the buffer for the hulu app is just to small. You can be in the middle of watching a movie or a show and it will just start to stutter, showing a second of movie + sound then pause for a second, doing this over and over. The only fix is to turn the TV off and turn it back on and start your movie from where you left off. It does not always happen, it seems to be random and when it does happen there is no recovering from it.

It only does it on hulu, so it is not my internet, as I also have a ROKU I use in another room and hulu works perfectly, as well as for my other brand smart TV the hulu app works flawlessly.

--snip--



The Hulu Plus app is the one we use the most. It has never stopped to buffer except at the very beginning when we first choose the episode to watch, after those few seconds, it runs until the show is finished. My first suggestion would be to check your router, but since other apps are working fine, I would guess your actual app might be corrupted.

Oh by the way, this TV has a very 'flat/matte' non-reflective screen, much less reflection then most other TV's in this size range. Compare at a store, look for which ones are like mirrors. We have a window behind our main seating and this TV does not have much reflection or glare from the window.

redspecial


quality posts: 5 Private Messages redspecial
KryptoZ wrote:Yes, but can James Madison fit inside it?



What about John Adams?

prttymf8


quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8
indetrucks wrote:That is a very cool story bro



Thanks, my goal is to entertain. I especially put a lot of weight on the opinions of those who call other people "bro."

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

The James Madison Blog for the 65" Olevia TV for those that aren't familiar with it.


To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

prttymf8


quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8
ThunderThighs wrote:The James Madison Blog for the 65" Olevia TV for those that aren't familiar with it.



You're telling me some people don't remember a Woot product from 5 years ago? Some people, no respect for history.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

prttymf8 wrote:You're telling me some people don't remember a Woot product from 5 years ago? Some people, no respect for history.



I'm kinda hoping we've gained a few new customers since then. At least one or two anyway.


To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

tracker1


quality posts: 1 Private Messages tracker1
dofarrell wrote:Is there a non-"smart" variant of this TV to compare prices to?



This is a pretty good price for the size of the TV regardless of smart features. I'm using a 3D/240hz model that I paid $1500 for just a few months ago... would have gotten this instead had I seen it.

Most TVs larger than 50" are going to have "smart" features.. and were more likely to offer 3D features. Though I'm glad that the 3D fad is fading a bit.. outside of multiplayer gaming on the same screen, it isn't much use imho.

-- Michael J. Ryan - http://tracker1.info

darkinc


quality posts: 32 Private Messages darkinc
RasOne wrote:The Hulu Plus app is the one we use the most. It has never stopped to buffer except at the very beginning when we first choose the episode to watch, after those few seconds, it runs until the show is finished. My first suggestion would be to check your router, but since other apps are working fine, I would guess your actual app might be corrupted.

Oh by the way, this TV has a very 'flat/matte' non-reflective screen, much less reflection then most other TV's in this size range. Compare at a store, look for which ones are like mirrors. We have a window behind our main seating and this TV does not have much reflection or glare from the window.



It's not buffering, it's actual stuttering of the video, I've tried reinstalling the app, but that doesn't seem to do much either. Maybe it's just a flaw with the model I have.

extech01


quality posts: 3 Private Messages extech01

I missed this deal but curious. How much was it can anybody tell me?

thanks in advance,

extech01


quality posts: 3 Private Messages extech01
ThunderThighs wrote:I'm kinda hoping we've gained a few new customers since then. At least one or two anyway.



I missed this deal but curious. How much was it can anybody tell me?

thanks in advance,

jerickson


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerickson
extech01 wrote:I missed this deal but curious. How much was it can anybody tell me?

thanks in advance,




$999.99

cjharkins


quality posts: 1 Private Messages cjharkins
edpatterson wrote:More silly bells and whistles do not make a smart TV. A smart TV would remember the adjustment you made to the sound level for a channel.

Sound level changes when I scan through channels is the most annoying failure of my current TV set.



So get a real sound system, who uses the built in speakers on such a thin TV, of course they suck!

gsmit114


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsmit114
ThunderThighs wrote:For items this large, freight companies are used. That's why you must provide physical address and phone number to schedule a delivery appointment.



So uh, been 6 days, no email or call beyond the initial purchase conf; this is a surprise gift to my parents, to finally get rid of their 34" crt boob tube, and it would be nice if it got there before my dad's b-day in 2 weeks.

Any hint to average wait b4 delivery appt scheduling?

I'm shipping it to their cat's name btw. xD

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

gsmit114 wrote:So uh, been 6 days, no email or call beyond the initial purchase conf; this is a surprise gift to my parents, to finally get rid of their 34" crt boob tube, and it would be nice if it got there before my dad's b-day in 2 weeks.

Any hint to average wait b4 delivery appt scheduling?

I'm shipping it to their cat's name btw. xD



while often faster, we ask that you allow 5 business days (not counting the sale) for processing and shipping out. Today is the 4th shipping day. Hang tight, oh impatient one.


To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

gsmit114


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsmit114
ThunderThighs wrote:while often faster, we ask that you allow 5 business days (not counting the sale) for processing and shipping out. Today is the 4th shipping day. Hang tight, oh impatient one.



Thanks to you, Misses, for the info.

Geek side of me wants to see if this LED can best my love for my 50" panny plasma (GT50), I was not impressed with a 32" cheapo Toshiba 720p 60hz LED D:

*edit* yep...shipped. /hangs head

48Dodge


quality posts: 0 Private Messages 48Dodge
gsmit114 wrote:Thanks to you, Misses, for the info.

Geek side of me wants to see if this LED can best my love for my 50" panny plasma (GT50), I was not impressed with a 32" cheapo Toshiba 720p 60hz LED D:

*edit* yep...shipped. /hangs head



Just got mine delivered today. Haven't unboxed it but I can say this thing is heavy. Amazing how much more it weighs than my 55" Sony bravia.

sirwesley


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sirwesley

Got mine today. 1 Major defect; 1 minor defect;

Major: Three Huge white spots/glows/bleeds when screen is black or dark.

Minor: Black plastic collar doesn't fit between TV and the TV stand.

Will be Returning for replacement.

48Dodge


quality posts: 0 Private Messages 48Dodge
sirwesley wrote:Got mine today. 1 Major defect; 1 minor defect;

Major: Three Huge white spots/glows/bleeds when screen is black or dark.

Minor: Black plastic collar doesn't fit between TV and the TV stand.

Will be Returning for replacement.



Guess I'd better open mine up tomorrow


orochi235


quality posts: 0 Private Messages orochi235

Just got mine this morning. Would like to try it out, but it showed up with the two halves of the stand bolted together—without the piece that's supposed to be sandwiched in between them attached—by three utterly, hopelessly stripped screws. Half the pads on the bottom of the stand are missing, too. Waiting for customer service to open, and looking up my state AG's consumer protection laws in the meantime.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

orochi235 wrote:Just got mine this morning. Would like to try it out, but it showed up with the two halves of the stand bolted together—without the piece that's supposed to be sandwiched in between them attached—by three utterly, hopelessly stripped screws. Half the pads on the bottom of the stand are missing, too. Waiting for customer service to open, and looking up my state AG's consumer protection laws in the meantime.



The warranty is through Woot so email support@woot.com and they'll help you out. Sorry for the problem.


To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ltabel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ltabel

I am disappointed in the shipping option woot chose. I got a call today from the Miami based delivery company saying they have a delivery from woot for me but they won't be in my area (west palm beach) until Tuesday. That means my tv is in south Florida but I have to wait 4 days to get it. Ridiculous!

DenverBroncos24


quality posts: 0 Private Messages DenverBroncos24
ltabel wrote:I am disappointed in the shipping option woot chose. I got a call today from the Miami based delivery company saying they have a delivery from woot for me but they won't be in my area (west palm beach) until Tuesday. That means my tv is in south Florida but I have to wait 4 days to get it. Ridiculous!



Well, at least you've HEARD from the shipping company. I have no idea where my package is. I have no ability to track it whatsoever, so who knows if it is coming tomorrow or a week from tomorrow. I was at Target last night and they have the 60" version of this TV for sale for 949.00, new obviously. Kinda wish I just did that after hearing about these problems people are having. Oh well. Here is to hope.