WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Spira Running Shoes for Men and Women

Maybe you're running for your health. Maybe you're running to escape a tiger. Either way, you've gotta have the right shoes if you don't want to be out of shape and/or chewed up by a giant kitty. We say you should start right here.

dawn136


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawn136

I bought a pair of these during the last sale. I normally wear a 10 and bought at 10.5 (since that's what you do for running shoes). They were still way too small, so I would recommend buying a full size larger.

hierophanta


quality posts: 2 Private Messages hierophanta

pink floyd said 'you better run', velvet underground said 'you gotta run'.

i have no idea why i felt the need to post this, but now that i've typed it all out and it would be an awful waste to not hit the post button..

highonpez


quality posts: 7 Private Messages highonpez

Likewise, Bruce Springsteen was 'born to run'.

beautyofmachines


quality posts: 7 Private Messages beautyofmachines

Yet Jackson Browne was running on empty....

davidtb


quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidtb

It's great to see the Greeks get back in Biz-nes.
No, oh wait, are these made by that little game console dragon? No? I don't see him?

lstorer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lstorer

"Gonna run to you."- Bryan Adams

BobDobalena


quality posts: 0 Private Messages BobDobalena

See chameleon lying there in the sun,
all things to everyone
run, run away.

thurin


quality posts: 5 Private Messages thurin

I am reading this at 5am. I would shoot these sneakers if they were lurking around my apartment.

lcdrrn


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lcdrrn

Am I missing it or is there no width mentioned for the running shoes? Reading reviews about narrowness makes me wary to purchase shoes without knowing the width.

hinsonbids


quality posts: 2 Private Messages hinsonbids

but Jo Jo Gunne sang it best...Run Run Run.

One of my old favorites.

nasmith003


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nasmith003

I bought a pair of Spira walking shoes in a full size larger than my normal street shoes - and while the length was fine, the width was HUGE. Even though it was a medium (which I wear), my foot was still swimming in it with the laces tied as tight as possible......

My advice would be to know how this pair of shoes fits you before purchasing.

spiraguy


quality posts: 3 Private Messages spiraguy

Hi Woot Nation.

This is Andy from Spira. With regard to the width of the Stinger XLT, it is built on curved last and tends to run narrow, though the upper is fairly generous. If you pronate, that is roll inward excessively, and need support, this is probably not the shoe for you. We feel this shoe fits true to size. If you have other questions, post them here or send them to info@spira.com. You can also visit us at www.spira.com.

Have a great day and enjoy your Spira's!

losthighwayz


quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

Run to the hills
Run for your life

"The older I get the better I was"

staryv


quality posts: 0 Private Messages staryv

What happens if I buy and the size is off? Would I be able to exchange?

tekshogun


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tekshogun

Size 14 often gets the crap end of the stick.

spiraguy


quality posts: 3 Private Messages spiraguy
staryv wrote:What happens if I buy and the size is off? Would I be able to exchange?



Yes,we can exchange shoes for you, but you would have to pay for shipping, and we would have to have the shoe in stock. Thanks!

spiraguy


quality posts: 3 Private Messages spiraguy
tekshogun wrote:Size 14 often gets the crap end of the stick.



We go up to 15 in some models, but this shoe is probably not right for someone who is larger, and would wear a size 14 or 15.

spiraguy


quality posts: 3 Private Messages spiraguy
nasmith003 wrote:I bought a pair of Spira walking shoes in a full size larger than my normal street shoes - and while the length was fine, the width was HUGE. Even though it was a medium (which I wear), my foot was still swimming in it with the laces tied as tight as possible......

My advice would be to know how this pair of shoes fits you before purchasing.



I suspect you purchased one of our walking shoes, probably the WaveWalker DX3 or the Valencia. Those shoes tend to run larger and we encouraged people to size up 1/2 size. The Stinger XLT is built on a different last, and the fit is more narrow. I hope this helps!

fuzzybe


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fuzzybe

I wear an 8 wide. Do these come in wide sizes? I like my shoes to fit snug. I need the tigers.

spiraguy


quality posts: 3 Private Messages spiraguy
fuzzybe wrote:I wear an 8 wide. Do these come in wide sizes? I need the tigers.



Hey Fuzzy. Unfortunately, this model is not available in a wide width. If you need a wide shoe, feel free to visit our website, or check back with Woot for our next promotion.

lancecows


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lancecows

spiraguy- this model listed here on Woot as a running shoe, but elsewhere on the web as cross trainng. how does the company categorize the Stinger XLT ?

spiraguy


quality posts: 3 Private Messages spiraguy
lancecows wrote:spiraguy- this model listed here on Woot as a running shoe, but elsewhere on the web as cross trainng. how does the company categorize the Stinger XLT ?



Lance- The shoe is fairly versatile but I would categorize it as a running shoe.

njkatz


quality posts: 2 Private Messages njkatz

I don't know about this specific (kind of gaudy) model, but I have two pair of the Odysseys from previous Woots and they are really comfortable, exceptionally cushiony. In fact, I'm wearing some now.

Nick

spiraguy


quality posts: 3 Private Messages spiraguy
njkatz wrote:I don't know about this specific (kind of gaudy) model, but I have two pair of the Odysseys from previous Woots and they are really comfortable, exceptionally cushiony. In fact, I'm wearing some now.



Ha ha, Nick! The Odyssey is a comfortable shoe, but this one weighs about 1/3 less and is really responsive. Customers tell us they wanted lighter weight and lots of color, so we've tried to accommodate!

musclebai


quality posts: 0 Private Messages musclebai

Had a pair of spira and 2 pairs of gravity defyers (GD).The problem with shoes with embedded springs is that springs wear out fast and unevenly.causing shoes to have a lean. You do intially get a vague moonwalking feeling(maybe more imaginative than real)While spira weighed less than half of GD,it lasted about 3-4 months (half as much as GD).Foot is more prone to developing corns as well due to uneven distribution of pressure.The aslo tend to get reaally hot(not warm) on treadmill . Get a regular running shoes/skeletoes,etc

spiraguy


quality posts: 3 Private Messages spiraguy
musclebai wrote:Had a pair of spira and 2 pairs of gravity defyers (GD).The problem with shoes with embedded springs is that springs wear out fast and unevenly.causing shoes to have a lean. You do intially get a vague moonwalking feeling(maybe more imaginative than real)While spira weighed less than half of GD,it lasted about 3-4 months (half as much as GD).Foot is more prone to developing corns as well due to uneven distribution of pressure.The aslo tend to get reaally hot(not warm) on treadmill . Get a regular running shoes/skeletoes,etc



That's simply not correct. Our spring is WaveSpring. It has crest to crest design, and is completely laterally stable. It does not wear out unevenly. Frankly, it should outlast the shoe. Runners competing in our shoes have won over 175 major marathons and races around the world.

musclebai


quality posts: 0 Private Messages musclebai

dude unlike you i am not reading out of a manual.but talking out of my experience over the last 2 years. There is no scientific evidence behind the advantages of an overpriced spring shoes (brands apart)

spiraguy wrote:That's simply not correct. Our spring is WaveSpring. It has crest to crest design, and is completely laterally stable. It does not wear out unevenly. Frankly, it should outlast the shoe. Runners competing in our shoes have won over 175 major marathons and races around the world.



musclebai


quality posts: 0 Private Messages musclebai



Here you go my friend.some visible proof.I can spend more time if your company promises a refund!Goodnite for now

musclebai wrote:dude unlike you i am not reading out of a manual.but talking out of my experience over the last 2 years. There is no scientific evidence behind the advantages of an overpriced spring shoes (brands apart)


spiraguy


quality posts: 3 Private Messages spiraguy
musclebai wrote:

Here you go my friend.some visible proof.I can spend more time if your company promises a refund!Goodnite for now



So sorry you had a bad experience. As good as our technology is, the fit of the shoe depends on your foot type. That shoe, the Del Sol, hasn't been made in several years, and was designed for someone with a neutral foot strike. Clearly, it was the wrong shoe for you. Based upon the wear pattern, you need more supportive shoe, like a stability model. You also need a wide width. Unfortunately, you will have the same problem with this model because it is a neutral shoe and does not come in wide width.

mdnorman


quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman
spiraguy wrote:So sorry you had a bad experience. As good as our technology is, the fit of the shoe depends on your foot type. That shoe, the Del Sol, hasn't been made in several years, and was designed for someone with a neutral foot strike. Clearly, it was the wrong shoe for you. Based upon the wear pattern, you need more supportive shoe, like a stability model. You also need a wide width. Unfortunately, you will have the same problem with this model because it is a neutral shoe and does not come in wide width.



Yup... It certainly seems that some extra stability (and width) is what musclebai needs.

vibes4me


quality posts: 3 Private Messages vibes4me

If I got a pair I'd get the Yellow so I could be:....(Wait for it)

Runnin' with the Devil!

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

vibes4me wrote:If I got a pair I'd get the Yellow so I could be:....(Wait for it)

Runnin' with the Devil!



wilderness


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wilderness

About 6 years ago, I started wearing Spiras. I had tried many differentbshoes to help me, as everything seemed to be too hard on my low back. I walk about 5 miles/day, and the Spiras have helped me tremendously because of the cushion from the springs. Currently, I walk in the Valencia's and run in the Genesis X. The Stingers don't provide enough support, but these other 2 shoes have been great, and for me, the size seems "true"

spiraguy


quality posts: 3 Private Messages spiraguy
wilderness wrote:About 6 years ago, I started wearing Spiras. I had tried many differentbshoes to help me, as everything seemed to be too hard on my low back. I walk about 5 miles/day, and the Spiras have helped me tremendously because of the cushion from the springs. Currently, I walk in the Valencia's and run in the Genesis X. The Stingers don't provide enough support, but these other 2 shoes have been great, and for me, the size seems "true"



Wilderness, many thanks for your kind words about Spira. Hearing feedback like that makes our day!

Bladi720


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bladi720

So if I am an 8, I usually get a half size bigger so 81/2. Will a 8 1/2 be the right size for me on the stinger. And my width is a D. will this shoe work for my particular type of feet? I have a little arch but am flat footed.

yayobama


quality posts: 12 Private Messages yayobama

Why do these models cost nearly twenty bucks more than the Odyssey Sprias that were sold a few weeks back?

spiraguy


quality posts: 3 Private Messages spiraguy
Bladi720 wrote:So if I am an 8, I usually get a half size bigger so 81/2. Will a 8 1/2 be the right size for me on the stinger. And my width is a D. will this shoe work for my particular type of feet? I have a little arch but am flat footed.



Bladi, this model tends to fit true to size, so an 8 would probably fit. however,it may not be the right shoe for you if you are flat footed in need support. You may want to try another model.

spiraguy


quality posts: 3 Private Messages spiraguy
yayobama wrote:Why do these models cost nearly twenty bucks more than the Odyssey Sprias that were sold a few weeks back?



Yay. This is brand new,in line shoe. It sells for $130 everywhere. You likely will not find it again at this price any time soon. The Odyssey is a closeout. Wait about 5 years and you can pick it up at the same price as the Odyssey.

Bladi720


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bladi720
spiraguy wrote:Bladi, this model tends to fit true to size, so an 8 would probably fit. however,it may not be the right shoe for you if you are flat footed in need support. You may want to try another model.



What model would you recommend from your line?