WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: What's the next '80s toy franchise that Hollywood will make into a movie?
  • 7.5% - Gobots 233
  • 1.9% - Madballs 59
  • 12.2% - Jem 376
  • 3.5% - M.U.S.C.L.E. 107
  • 5.7% - MonChiChi 176
  • 11.9% - M.A.S.K. 367
  • 57.4% - Every year I hate life more 1773
3091 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

rprebel

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rprebel

The thought of a Jem movie is outrageous. Truly, truly outrageous.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
rprebel wrote:The thought of a Jem movie is outrageous. Truly, truly outrageous.

Seconded.

However, with the current trend away from "Josie and the Auntie Emcats" and more along the lines of "Battleship: The Movie", I predict the next one to be "M.A.S.K", y'know?

Moueska

Moueska wrote:Seconded.

However, with the current trend away from "Josie and the Auntie Emcats" and more along the lines of "Battleship: The Movie", I predict the next one to be "M.A.S.K", y'know?

WAITWAITWAIT. NEW FILTER?!

Basket of Cairn Terrier
rainbows
Flying Monkeys
Auntie Em
Ding Dong!
Emerald City
Courage
Yellow Brick Road
Oh My! Flying Guards!
Wind! Tornado! Hide!

OHEMGEE. Wizard of Oz! Yay! Don't ban me, just trying out the new filter again!!! (/hides)

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

Mark these words:

A He-Man movie is coming.

Following the movie Battleship, I expected the next film to be Monopoly. It would obviously be a documentary, though.

Earl Wajdyk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Earl Wajdyk
curtisuxor wrote:Mark these words:

Following the movie Battleship, I expected the next film to be Monopoly. It would obviously be a documentary, though.

I agree! However, it would have to be at least "X" rated!

Xntric

bradw76

quality posts: 7 Private Messages bradw76

How could M.U.S.C.L.E score so low? They are awecome!

Slydon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

Moueska wrote:
Flying Monkeys
Auntie Em
Ding Dong!
Emerald City
Courage
Yellow Brick Road

The idea of you sitting at your computer typing all those dirty words in a row is really funny to me.

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

Moueska

Slydon wrote:The idea of you sitting at your computer typing all those dirty words in a row is really funny to me.

Imagine the trial and error that the preview button fixed. ;)

dfranqui

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dfranqui

I cannot wait to see G.I. Joe..... for the story line, of course. Nothing to do with the fact that I'm a chic, and the entire cast is H.O.T.

sheilby

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sheilby

I've never heard of any of those, and I grew up in the 80's. What about Thundarr the Barbarian? I always wanted to be Ariel.

edited to add: Oh - TOY franchise, never mind.

Johnnys13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Johnnys13

I have never heard of any of these....guess I'm not old enough

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen

Holy cow, I forgot about gobots and MadBalls...my cousin had a bunch of those ugly madballs.

What about a my little pony in 3D for all the Bronies out there now...or rose petal place?

xenon9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xenon9
sheilby wrote:I've never heard of any of those, and I grew up in the 80's. What about Thundarr the Barbarian? I always wanted to be Ariel.

I named my daughter Ariel. I really liked that show, (and I'm into electronics and radio, 2 for 1 on that one.

torpealex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages torpealex

I'd just like to say that Madballs scared the crap out of me as a child, for no real reason. If they made a 'Gremlins'-esque movie out of those I would totally watch the first ten minutes of it before running out of the theatre.

cappo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages cappo

Since Hasbro owns GoBots now, I don't think they'd be making a movie based on those while still making Transformers movies.

In fact, Gobots have more or less been absorbed into the Transformers line over the years since Hasbro acquired them.

carmstarh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carmstarh

I was beginning to think that the monchichis were something i made up. No one i know has heard of them

craigthom

quality posts: 64 Private Messages craigthom
Moueska wrote:WAITWAITWAIT. NEW FILTER?!

Basket of Cairn Terrier
rainbows
Flying Monkeys
Auntie Em
Ding Dong!
Emerald City
Courage
Yellow Brick Road
Oh My! Flying Guards!
Wind! Tornado! Hide!

OHEMGEE. Wizard of Oz! Yay! Don't ban me, just trying out the new filter again!!! (/hides)

Nice. I wonder if "ding dong" is where it started, since it isn't much of a change.

craigthom

quality posts: 64 Private Messages craigthom
sheilby wrote:I've never heard of any of those, and I grew up in the 80's. What about Thundarr the Barbarian? I always wanted to be Ariel.

It's the same for those of us too old. I had heard of Jem, I think, but none of the rest escaped Saturday morning commercials, I guess.

Someone else mentioned a He-Man movie, but that's already been done. Not that that would keep them from doing it again.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Moueska wrote:WAITWAITWAIT. NEW FILTER?!

Basket of Cairn Terrier
rainbows
Flying Monkeys
Auntie Em
Ding Dong!
Emerald City
Courage
Yellow Brick Road
Oh My! Flying Guards!
Wind! Tornado! Hide!

Oh joy! Rapture! I got a brain!
Can it fly?

FIRE!

Lions, and Tigers, and Bears! Oh, my!
Lollypop Guild
munchkin
Tin Man
scarecrow
Great and powerful Oz
See The Flying Uglies!
Only bad witches are ugly.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

leonbev

quality posts: 10 Private Messages leonbev

A Jem movie would be outrageous. Truly, Truly, Truly outrageous

Moueska

leonbev wrote:A Jem movie would be outrageous. Truly, Truly, Truly outrageous

Did I just see a cat walk by twice?

/WOAH
/neo

sodalite

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sodalite
carmstarh wrote:I was beginning to think that the monchichis were something i made up. No one i know has heard of them

i have a big monchichi that sits on my couch, she's over 2 feet tall. maybe one person, in all of my years of having her out on display, recognize her. weird since i used to see them at toy shows and garage sales all the time (when i went to such things, 10 years ago).

cappo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages cappo
carmstarh wrote:I was beginning to think that the monchichis were something i made up. No one i know has heard of them

They're the only one on the poll I'd never heard of. I easily remember the rest.

I think every one of them (don't know about MonChiChi) had a comic book series at some point.

Gobots had a series and a movie or two back in the day.

Jem and MASK had cartoons back in the day for sure.

I had the MUSCLE NES game back in the day and I think maybe there might have been an anime related to it in the 2000's.

I vaguely remember a Madballs cartoon but it could have been my imagination thinking about the comic.

Starks77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Starks77
curtisuxor wrote:Mark these words:

There already was a He-Man movie

rayzmail

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rayzmail

Was Jenga in the '80s? That would be a great (j.k.) film.

dogboi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dogboi
Starks77 wrote:There already was a He-Man movie

And yet, it rears its ugly head again.

dogboi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dogboi

The only reason I know about them is that they showed up on Robot Chicken.

spongewater

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spongewater
bradw76 wrote:How could M.U.S.C.L.E score so low? They are awecome!

Because you don't wear your muscle belt in public.

Moueska

rayzmail wrote:Was Jenga in the '80s? That would be a great (j.k.) film.

I could totally see a "Deep Jungle/South America" vibe. Y'know, along with product tie-ins, etc.