WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Freshen Up Your Kitchen: Carts & More

Your kitchen needs more surface and storage space, and a fresh look. You need to not spend thousands of dollars. Woot to the rescue once again. These carts, moveable islands, pedestal plates, and cookware give your kitchen a shot in the arm without shooting your budget all to hell.

variousred


quality posts: 0 Private Messages variousred

$230 for an MDF rolling cart?

kutiel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kutiel
variousred wrote:$230 for an MDF rolling cart?



That's what I was thinking. Are they nuts?

mdnorman


quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman
kutiel wrote:That's what I was thinking. Are they nuts?



With a rubber wood (hardwood) veneer... Shop around. You'll see that the sale price is a competitive price for a cart of that size and configuration made of such materials, especially considering the low shipping cost.

You can pay a little more and get a slightly better cart, but I seriously doubt you can pay much less for something comparable -- unless you get it from a thrift shop.

jcrampton


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcrampton

Who wants to put that pile of wood together??? I like the cart. I want to buy the cart. I don't want to buy a box of lumber with instructions. Anyone want 20 bucks to put the thing together? Anyone? Anyone?

StanleyS


quality posts: 4 Private Messages StanleyS
jcrampton wrote:I don't want to buy a box of lumber with instructions.

Not a big fan of Ikea, I guess.


greynotch


quality posts: 2 Private Messages greynotch
jcrampton wrote:Who wants to put that pile of wood together??? I like the cart. I want to buy the cart. I don't want to buy a box of lumber with instructions. Anyone want 20 bucks to put the thing together? Anyone? Anyone?



Oddly enough, I enjoy putting together furniture. It's relaxing and fun to me. Yes, I am weird.... I know that.

rocque


quality posts: 1 Private Messages rocque

Does anyone have any idea how much this thing weighs? Can one person assemble it?

I think the price is okay, even for the challenge of having to assemble it. I can probably find someone to help (I think I can, I think I can).

inismor


quality posts: 0 Private Messages inismor

The top has a "light wood stain." Is it a true butcher-block top (can I chop on it?) or just for show?

buddyborders


quality posts: 0 Private Messages buddyborders
inismor wrote:The top has a "light wood stain." Is it a true butcher-block top (can I chop on it?) or just for show?



In the 3/4 view closeup, it looks like it might be a solid wood top. But I prefer to use a cutting board anyway. Easier to clean. Seriously considering this unit, but need to ask the Boss first for her thoughts.

Edit - Found this on another website - Natural stained rubber wood veneer countertop

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

greynotch wrote:Oddly enough, I enjoy putting together furniture. It's relaxing and fun to me. Yes, I am weird.... I know that.



I like it too. I usually screw up somewhere along the way but I still enjoy it. And I take my time and put wood glue everywhere. My stuff is solid when I'm done.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bpr2


quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
ThunderThighs wrote:I like it too. I usually screw up somewhere along the way but I still enjoy it. And I take my time and put wood glue everywhere. My stuff is solid when I'm done.



glue and screw is my motto!

that was fun while it lasted!

axpcrow12


quality posts: 0 Private Messages axpcrow12

Any chance of more Denver's being available? Was about to be my first woot

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

axpcrow12 wrote:Any chance of more Denver's being available? Was about to be my first woot


We don't schedule out very far in advance so best bet is to just keep checking back. The link in my signature will take you to a post that lists all Plus sales each day. It's usually updated by about 10am weekdays.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Truelyscrumptious


quality posts: 12 Private Messages Truelyscrumptious

Soooooo ... Is anybody else missing parts?

I'll trade ya two 18B's for two 18A's.

I love this, it's the absolute perfect size we've been looking for but I can't put the drawers together

... yes, I'm contacting the manufacturer next.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Truelyscrumptious wrote:Soooooo ... Is anybody else missing parts?

I'll trade ya two 18B's for two 18A's.

I love this, it's the absolute perfect size we've been looking for but I can't put the drawers together

... yes, I'm contacting the manufacturer next.



Ok good. hahah
I'm sorry to hear that you're missing some parts.
If the manufacturer isn't able to help you out, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com

Truelyscrumptious


quality posts: 12 Private Messages Truelyscrumptious
ROGETRAY wrote:Ok good. hahah
I'm sorry to hear that you're missing some parts.
If the manufacturer isn't able to help you out, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com

But the only option would be an RMA and I don't want to return it. I really have been looking for these exact dimensions for quite a while.

I haven't heard back from the manufacturer yet but I'm also shopping for new drawer slides online. So if they won't send me the parts, I'll figure out a way to fix it

Rodney2123


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rodney2123
Truelyscrumptious wrote:Soooooo ... Is anybody else missing parts?

I'll trade ya two 18B's for two 18A's.

I love this, it's the absolute perfect size we've been looking for but I can't put the drawers together

... yes, I'm contacting the manufacturer next.



Rodney2123


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rodney2123
Rodney2123 wrote:



Yes- Missing Side Panel # 6. They packaged two side panels for the SAME side! Don't hold much hope for a resolution.

Hey Maybe that is among the reasons the item was being sold on WOOT!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Rodney2123 wrote:Yes- Missing Side Panel # 6. They packaged two side panels for the SAME side! Don't hold much hope for a resolution.

Hey Maybe that is among the reasons the item was being sold on WOOT!



Ugh. Contact the company. They are the only one that will have parts to send you. If you can't get a resolution from them, contact support@woot.com for assistance.

Sorry.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Rodney2123


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rodney2123
ThunderThighs wrote:Ugh. Contact the company. They are the only one that will have parts to send you. If you can't get a resolution from them, contact support@woot.com for assistance.

Sorry.



Thank you --I plan on trying to contact "Target Marketing Systems" to get the part.

anniemart


quality posts: 0 Private Messages anniemart
Truelyscrumptious wrote:Soooooo ... Is anybody else missing parts?

I'll trade ya two 18B's for two 18A's.

I love this, it's the absolute perfect size we've been looking for but I can't put the drawers together

... yes, I'm contacting the manufacturer next.



Can you please provide the manufactures details?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

anniemart wrote:Can you please provide the manufactures details?

Oops, I'm going to make a correction to my instructions. If your item has a 90-day Woot Warranty (just look back on the sale page), then contact support@woot.com for assistance.

Sorry for the mistake on my part.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

anniemart


quality posts: 0 Private Messages anniemart
ThunderThighs wrote:Oops, I'm going to make a correction to my instructions. If your item has a 90-day Woot Warranty (just look back on the sale page), then contact support@woot.com for assistance.

Sorry for the mistake on my part.



(630) 784-1188 - this is the number for TMS. They will send all missing parts.

ChihuaGirls


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChihuaGirls

LOVE THE STAINLESS TOPS - HATE THE INTERIOR STINK!
I knew what I was getting for the price with exception to the smell. My kitchen is too small w-no counter space so I thought this would be a good temporary solution. However, I have had these carts (2) for three weeks and the off gassing is so bad I can't store food or anything that touches food in them.
I also only received 3 1/2 hinges to hang two doors and no manufacturing info to get the missing part. TG its temporary, I can live with it for a year if I can get rid of the stink.
Thanks for the number to get another hing.

ChihuaGirl