WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Gunnar Optiks

Who got da Gunnars? You got da Gunnars! Or you will, as soon as you buy them! Why wear special glasses for gaming? Because eyes be all, "Oh snap! I get all busted and nasty when I'm assaulted by such a plethora of pixels!" Know what we mean?
Gunnar official site

Quality Posts

gravityisweak

quality posts: 27 Private Messages gravityisweak

I've got the Weezers, and I find that they help with long sessions at the computer. No complaints from me, especially at this price. These usually sell out every time I see them here so other people must feel the same.

doperules

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doperules

If I were to buy one of these frames, am I able to get prescription lenses installed?

3z3vh

quality posts: 6 Private Messages 3z3vh
doperules wrote:If I were to buy one of these frames, am I able to get prescription lenses installed?

Yes, Gunnar has a partnership with Zeiss optics that allows most providers to create a prescription lens, with the Gunnar coating, for the Gunnar frames.

More info on the Gunnar Prescription site

niel89

quality posts: 2 Private Messages niel89

I bought a pair of the Jem ones a while back and they do make a difference on eye strain. I would probably stick to a pair with the full frames though. The fasteners on the lenses have popped off a couple time already and overall the glasses just feel loose.

honeybadger12

quality posts: 7 Private Messages honeybadger12

Christ, the good ones are always sold out by the time I see these on woot.

maigemdesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maigemdesign

Hmmmm..... Not sure naming them after I wanted you guys to know I'm ignorant warriors who attacked British civilians while home/asleep is really the best sales tactic. Or did I underestimate the attititudes of the purchasing public?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

maigemdesign wrote:Hmmmm..... Not sure naming them after I wanted you guys to know I'm ignorant warriors who attacked British civilians while home/asleep is really the best sales tactic. Or did I underestimate the attititudes of the purchasing public?

Hmmm...

((Hello and welcome to woot! The woot forums use state-of-the-art archirobotic word-filters that find and replace certain overused or abused words/phrases with safer, humour-friendly vernacularities. Please do not try to bypass or criticize these automatic filters or the vocabularm site-defense program will be forced to activate--and it has been authorized to respond with net-lethal force if necessary. Thank you and happy, safe wooting, fellow wootizen!))

NumberSix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NumberSix

I got me some Gunnar Rockets on woot a couple months or so ago. After adjusting them to fit, they've become essential during long sessions at the computer. Everything from merely surfing the web to doing audio restoration and mastering in Adobe Audition...I don't know how I ever went so long without a pair. I blink less, rub my eyes less, need breaks less often (I should still take them more regularly though).

Note: I do NOT work for nor with Gunnar. I'm simply a satisfied wooter sharing my story.

opaquesquid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages opaquesquid

These are like crack...for your eyes.

They're like eye-crack.

I have two pairs; A pair of Groove for work and a pair of Wing for home. I prefer the pair with larger lenses.

Jayrookie

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jayrookie

I play on a 50" plasma computer screen, roughly 8 feet away, do you think ill notice a difference of am I far enough away to benefit from these glasses?

hugadams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hugadams
Jayrookie wrote:I play on a 50" plasma computer screen, roughly 8 feet away, do you think ill notice a difference of am I far enough away to benefit from these glasses?

Probably. For me, I watch TV with them on at night and find that the TV doesn't keep me stimulated and I get tired and fall asleep as if I were reading. God forbid I'd actually read...

jspeng12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jspeng12
gravityisweak wrote:I've got the Weezers, and I find that they help with long sessions at the computer. No complaints from me, especially at this price. These usually sell out every time I see them here so other people must feel the same.

How often are Gunnars available on Woot? I really want a pair but the remaining designs are ugly :/

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975
jspeng12 wrote:How often are Gunnars available on Woot? I really want a pair but the remaining designs are ugly :/

this is a guess. but I would say once a month or so.

I always did like yardsales.

PapaMidnight

quality posts: 4 Private Messages PapaMidnight
jspeng12 wrote:How often are Gunnars available on Woot? I really want a pair but the remaining designs are ugly :/

They sell out quick and I always seem to miss when they become available.

6 years bag-of-crapless and counting...

terminatorgir

quality posts: 9 Private Messages terminatorgir
maigemdesign wrote:Hmmmm..... Not sure naming them after I wanted you guys to know I'm ignorant warriors who attacked British civilians while home/asleep is really the best sales tactic. Or did I underestimate the attititudes of the purchasing public?

What are attititudes? Or I wanted you guys to know I'm ignorant warriors?

rootatlocalhost

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rootatlocalhost
Jayrookie wrote:I play on a 50" plasma computer screen, roughly 8 feet away, do you think ill notice a difference of am I far enough away to benefit from these glasses?

If you calibrate your screen properly, then shift its colour away from blue-green a little, and (most importantly) throw out all bluish fluorescent lamps in your room -- probably not.

If you work in a cubicle farm with morgue light that don't turn off and no windows, yellow glasses will likely make a noticeable difference. Not necessarily these, though.

bcinhiding

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bcinhiding

Apparently, I'm in the minority, but I bought a pair of these and they did nothing for me but give me headaches.

techkyle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages techkyle

A friend of mine got a pair and said he noticed a difference. I got a pair and didn't so much.

For the most part, my eyes go "Oww. Yellow." when I put them on and "Oww. Blue." when I take them off. I don't really notice a difference other than that.

I spend a lot of time on a computer of one kind or another and never really had headaches or any such issues so these didn't really do much for me.