WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

We've come to the end, the last battle, the championship match of March Fadness! Who will prevail? Steampunk? Or Beanie Babies? I think the real winner here is me, because I have a job where I get to make tournaments that involve steampunk and Beanie Babies, but I digress. Check the results page to see how we got here. Otherwise, GETCHA VOTE ON!

IMPORTANT: be sure to hit SUBMIT or else your VOTES WON'T COUNT!

Happy choosing!

Voting ends Monday, April 8th at Noon Central time.

Photo by flickr user hectorir, used under a Creative Commons License.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

Really? Because I think the real winner here is the readers, who had to choose between the hardest choice in history: The Robot vs Steampunk.

(TBH - I had expected a stronger argument for the former. The Robot is truly a cool dance for froody dudes. /disco )

And while Beanie Babies had their heyday, their bubble, and their burst - I was NOT compelled to gather great tubs of small pellet-filled creatures. I watched others fall victim, but I did not. I saw the value was not where they hoped it would be, and now... worthless tubs of over-produced bean-bag toys. (Nicely done, TY.)

Leather, brass, and high manners on the other hand... now THERE's something worth truly watching and collecting.

Now think again about that big, oversized tub of sewn fleece, protected TY tags, and incrementally different colors.

Then look at this.

If you don't think that's adorable, then look at this:

So let's all vote for the argument for good manners over bad buisness practices. For celebration of inquistive thought and Victorian literature over the sad, lonely tub of pellet-stuffed cloth animals in a lonely closet, never to be opened, played with, and shared.

Let's vote for the one choice, the only choice, the choice before TIME ITSELF...

/this message brought to you by the Coalition of the Steampunk Committee

TL;DR

VOTE STEAMPUNK.

Moueska

Tell me which one is more epic.

This one:

Or This one:

I also cite this for further reference:

/this message brought to you by the Coalition of the Steampunk Committee

TL;DR

VOTE STEAMPUNK.

Moueska

and the Hail Mary pass:

What is it from? the Paralympic games closing ceremonies.

#steampunkery #ftw

VOTE STEAMPUNK FOR ULTIMATE WIN.