4%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2693 Private Messages lichme

Product Page with a lone unsatisfied user.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lichme wrote:Product Page with a lone unsatisfied user.

If you read the review though, he bought it to use with a Mac, not a TV. Not sure if that's the source of his problems.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

A1cntrler

quality posts: 3 Private Messages A1cntrler

Not many reviews anywhere on this. The one posted above on the Sharp website, and one on BestBuy is all I could find. Not too impressed. Just bought a soundbar/sub combo last week and was slightly disturbed to see this one here, but after looking into it more, and very pleased with the one I got.

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom

This similar model appears to be the same thing with a wired subwoofer and gets mixed reviews.

The Amazon.com title says it has a wireless subwoofer, but I think that's a mistake. The product page doesn't, and at least one review says it doesn't.

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

Hoping woot will get the new Panasonic htb70 or htb65.

CharlesBurns

quality posts: 8 Private Messages CharlesBurns

"200W RMS power delivers powerful, high-quality sound."

Not honest.
Power handling has little to do with volume, and nothing to do with quality.
Sensitivity is much more important to determine volume (at a wattage).
I notice it's omitted from the specs.

Here's how important it is. The following configurations produce the same volume:

1600 watt Amp + 82 dBi sensitivity speakers

100 watt Amp + 94 dBi sensitivity speakers

mcmo19

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcmo19

does this have a remote

mcmo19

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcmo19
mcmo19 wrote:does this have a remote

found answer at other site

engine111

quality posts: 1 Private Messages engine111

Avoid this product is my opinion, given from experience.

Yes, the subwoofer is wireless but it won't stay connected if you turn the tv on and off. Oh, and once it disconnected it takes a powerdown in randomized order of the tv/reciever/subwoofer/soundbar. Assembled, the system looks slick, I liked the thin soundbar. However, the soundbar is not solidly constructed and bows a bit in the middle and rested unevenly on my console.

I returned the first unit after the first weekend and set the replacement by the dumpsters for giveaway after 2 weeks. I hope others have had a better experience with this product!

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422
CharlesBurns wrote:"200W RMS power delivers powerful, high-quality sound."
Not honest.
Power handling has little to do with volume, and nothing to do with quality.
Sensitivity is much more important to determine volume (at a wattage).
I notice it's omitted from the specs.

Here's how important it is. The following configurations produce the same volume:

1600 watt Amp + 82 dBi sensitivity speakers

100 watt Amp + 94 dBi sensitivity speakers

AND, if that 1600 watt "PEAK" aka MAX Power is rated in actual useable measurements, it probably delivers about 20 watts per channel into 2 ohms at 5% THD. Anything with a power rating over 120 watts TOTAL output at a price under $150 is an absolute inflated specification, and should stand clear from that product.

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

bluemaple

quality posts: 66 Private Messages bluemaple

Bummer that positive reviews haven't been found yet - cool design - wish I could hear it.

Concern: missing *speaker* frequency response specs. The phrase "Full range" does not equal specs.

Ringo4422

Well, I just almost laughed myself on to the floor. This POS actually CONSUMES only 20 watts. How in the world can it deliver over 10 times more power that it uses?!!?
I correct my previous post. This MOST LIKELY delivers 4 watts per channel. That's it! WOW! Even that tiny "sub" only consumes 24 watts, which makes that "maybe" capable of outputting 12 watts. What a marketing pyle of carp.

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

Jillr1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jillr1
A1cntrler wrote:Not many reviews anywhere on this. The one posted above on the Sharp website, and one on BestBuy is all I could find. Not too impressed. Just bought a soundbar/sub combo last week and was slightly disturbed to see this one here, but after looking into it more, and very pleased with the one I got.

SO WHICH ONE DID YOU GET?

jenming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jenming
mcmo19 wrote:found answer at other site

Please do share said answer from other site.

Good Good Good is Azdak, and the measure that he metes.

A1cntrler

Jillr1 wrote:SO WHICH ONE DID YOU GET?

After 2 days of reading reviews and comparisons, I went with the Sony HT-CT260. Wanted a wireless sub and a decent sound that didn't break the bank and took up little space. I paid less than $300 on Amazon for it and used Prime for the shipping. While definately not a replacement for a true 5.1 system, this is loads better than the TV speakers. Has 3 inputs (analong 3.5mm, Optical, and digital Coax) plus I can stream audio off my Android device and my wife can pair her iPod to it too over Bluetooth.

A1cntrler

jenming wrote:Please do share said answer from other site.

There is no remote for this. The volume is controlled by the speaker volume output through the device you have hooked up to it.

frozensun090

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frozensun090
ThunderThighs wrote:If you read the review though, he bought it to use with a Mac, not a TV. Not sure if that's the source of his problems.

Plus they state "There are no drivers" Clearly don't need them for just an audio output device. This review looks like they don't know what they are talking about. Not to mention the comment about HDMI. Again, meant as a secondary audio output device

Ringo4422

frozensun090 wrote:Plus they state "There are no drivers" Clearly don't need them for just an audio output device. This review looks like they don't know what they are talking about. Not to mention the comment about HDMI. Again, meant as a secondary audio output device

That would make this the perfect accessary for this type of consumer.

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom
frozensun090 wrote:Plus they state "There are no drivers" Clearly don't need them for just an audio output device. This review looks like they don't know what they are talking about. Not to mention the comment about HDMI. Again, meant as a secondary audio output device

Sharp does make sound bars with HDMI, which allows then to not only get the audio but use CEC to turn them on and off.

Jayrookie

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jayrookie

"does this product come with a remote?"

"I found the answer on the other site"

...............ya? thanks. lol

mydailydeal2011

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mydailydeal2011

What sound bar do you recommend?
You sound like you know a lot about electronics and all this type of thing and I don't know anything about them except it would be nice to have one. Too many to choose from and don't know what to really look for. Help?

Ringo4422 wrote:AND, if that 1600 watt "PEAK" aka MAX Power is rated in actual useable measurements, it probably delivers about 20 watts per channel into 2 ohms at 5% THD. Anything with a power rating over 120 watts TOTAL output at a price under $150 is an absolute inflated specification, and should stand clear from that product.

mydailydeal2011

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mydailydeal2011

carp? or crap?

Ringo4422 wrote:Well, I just almost laughed myself on to the floor. This POS actually CONSUMES only 20 watts. How in the world can it deliver over 10 times more power that it uses?!!?
I correct my previous post. This MOST LIKELY delivers 4 watts per channel. That's it! WOW! Even that tiny "sub" only consumes 24 watts, which makes that "maybe" capable of outputting 12 watts. What a marketing pyle of carp.

elintocabledr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elintocabledr
mydailydeal2011 wrote:carp? or crap?

i took the plunge wish me luck guys

Ringo4422

mydailydeal2011 wrote:What sound bar do you recommend?
You sound like you know a lot about electronics and all this type of thing and I don't know anything about them except it would be nice to have one. Too many to choose from and don't know what to really look for. Help?

I personally don't like the sound quality from any sound bar. Just give me a decent center channel speaker and stereo speakers with a decent AV receiver and I am happy. Unfortunatly when flat panel HDTVs became available, the sound moved to low definition due to marketing pushing tiny speakers and installing them into very thin cabinets.
There are some sound bars available to make your HDTV sound almost as good as your old 25" low definition TV but you'll have to shop around for one.
Go to a local Electronics store and listen to the different sound bars available. If you hear one that sounds good enough for you, just hope and wait to see if Woot has one available in the future. In the mean time, most people don't know that many HDTVs are shipped with the default sound settings to "surround sound". This setting always makes dialog sound muddy and unintelligible. Also audio settings for audio compression to make sound all at the same level makes dialogs muddy and kills any impact in movies.
Just stay clear of this one. It is not good.

dfrost85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dfrost85

FULL OF REGRET! I don't know how everyone else who fell for this one feels, but the speaker that is inside the Flying Woot Monkey is better quality than what you'll find inside the two front channel sound bars. Horrible, horrible, horrible. Please Woot, please take this back from me and throw it in the dumpster where it belongs.

MeEJB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MeEJB
dfrost85 wrote:FULL OF REGRET! I don't know how everyone else who fell for this one feels, but the speaker that is inside the Flying Woot Monkey is better quality than what you'll find inside the two front channel sound bars. Horrible, horrible, horrible. Please Woot, please take this back from me and throw it in the dumpster where it belongs.

Could not agree more. This is the worst Woot I have ever participated in. Complete garbage. Thanks Sharp and Woot for stealing my money on this one. :o(

rhycochet

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rhycochet
A1cntrler wrote:After 2 days of reading reviews and comparisons, I went with the Sony HT-CT260. Wanted a wireless sub and a decent sound that didn't break the bank and took up little space. I paid less than $300 on Amazon for it and used Prime for the shipping. While definately not a replacement for a true 5.1 system, this is loads better than the TV speakers. Has 3 inputs (analong 3.5mm, Optical, and digital Coax) plus I can stream audio off my Android device and my wife can pair her iPod to it too over Bluetooth.

very smart choice.

i have that exact soundbar hooked up to my bravia. not only is the sound pretty incredible for just 2.1ch (people will complain during action sequences or when i'm playing certain PS3 games), but the whole setup with sony's smart connect makes everything so much more convenient.

turn on PS3, my tv turns on and sets itself to the correct input channel, soundbar sets to game mode...all from a single push of the little power button on my PS3 controller.