WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

McKleinUSA Laptop Cases

On the outside you look like a normal, everyday business person just walking to work with your stylish laptop bag. But on the inside, you've got secrets. Big secrets. The kind of secrets nightmares are made of. Because inside your laptop bag is no laptop ... but a HUMAN HEAD. Woooohahahahahahaha  ha ha ahem. Sorry. I've been watching a lot of William Castle lately.

Quality Posts

starryeyedsky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages starryeyedsky

I bought a black shoulderbag McKlein laptop case last time they were having a sale on Woot (though none of the models that are currently being sold). I absolutely love it!

Pros:
- Looks professional
- Holds up very well (and I'm VERY hard on purses and the like)
- Easy to clean (because of where I put it, it tends to get white paint streaks on it from the wall, which are easy to clean off)
- retains shape even when cramming a lot of items into it

Cons:
- Pretty much the only con I have is bag specific. In the shoulder bag I purchased, the dedicated laptop slot that has the most padding won't fit super wide screen laptops. My work laptop fits perfectly, but my personal laptop does not as the width is twice the depth at least. My personal laptop fits in other compartments though and I always feel it is safe and secure.

If you have an high end gaming laptop that is very large and wide, you may have issues. Check the dimensions on each bag first. Most other laptops should fit fine. If you are looking for a professional laptop bag, these are the bag for you!

michael4447

quality posts: 7 Private Messages michael4447

Hi, this is Michael from McKlein. Thank you, STARRYEYEDSKY you bring up a good point about choosing the right fit. For everyone getting ready to buy, the spec section shows either overall dimensions or compartment’s laptop size. If still unsure, leave a note here with bag's name and your laptop’s screen size. I’ll confirm that it is a match, recommend an alternative or answer any questions you may have.

technovore

quality posts: 1 Private Messages technovore

Hi, does the "Serena" model also come with a "removable 50'' strap" like the "Angelina" model?

Thanks ;)

michael4447

technovore wrote:Hi, does the "Serena" model also come with a "removable 50'' strap" like the "Angelina" model?

Thanks ;)

Sorry, no removable 50" on the Serena.

youtookmyactualname

quality posts: 1 Private Messages youtookmyactualname

Does anyone have experience with these? How do they hold up? I have a samsonite that has thin leather bonded onto some other composite. It wore off within a week and has looked terrible since.

Does this have that same thin leather bond technique on the edges/sides that wear off almost immediately?

michael4447

youtookmyactualname wrote:Does anyone have experience with these? How do they hold up? I have a samsonite that has thin leather bonded onto some other composite. It wore off within a week and has looked terrible since.

Does this have that same thin leather bond technique on the edges/sides that wear off almost immediately?

Hello, this is Michael from McKlein. To be sure, check the specs, when we say leather it is the real deal. No bondo.

starryeyedsky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages starryeyedsky
youtookmyactualname wrote:Does anyone have experience with these? How do they hold up? I have a samsonite that has thin leather bonded onto some other composite. It wore off within a week and has looked terrible since.

This doesn't apply to the "faux leather" bags that are being offered. But the others (the more expensive ones) that are listed as made of leather I imagine are full leather. Mine is and has held up very well, and I'm very rough on bags. I totally understand the concern of just leather around the edges, I *hate* that. I usually wear those off quickly.

i30swimmer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages i30swimmer

Does anyone know how the Lexington model hangs if it is not buckled on the front. Does it still hang evenly when holding the top handle. Sometimes briefcases will still hang nicely even when not buckled, but the flap is closed. I hope this is the case (no pun intended).

technovore

quality posts: 1 Private Messages technovore
michael4447 wrote:Sorry, no removable 50" on the Serena.

ah, that's too bad.... but thanks for letting me know!

michael4447

i30swimmer wrote:Does anyone know how the Lexington model hangs if it is not buckled on the front. Does it still hang evenly when holding the top handle. Sometimes briefcases will still hang nicely even when not buckled, but the flap is closed. I hope this is the case (no pun intended).

Good question. This is Michael, weighing in. Well-constructed bags (McKlein’s for example) are reinforced to distribute the weight of the contents so that the bag hangs evenly, even if unbuckled. This also takes the strain off the buckles, for which they are extremely grateful.

generaleyes13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages generaleyes13

When it says "Pebble Grain Calfskin Leather," is that more akin to full-grain or top-grain? Other than the obvious (that it comes from a calf), what are the overall differences between calfskin and full-grain?

michael4447

generaleyes13 wrote:When it says "Pebble Grain Calfskin Leather," is that more akin to full-grain or top-grain? Other than the obvious (that it comes from a calf), what are the overall differences between calfskin and full-grain?

Calfskin is a raw material and gives us a soft, pebble grain. Full grain and top grain are not types of material but two different process used to prepare leather. Depending on the item, McKlein’s leather cases are made of 100% full grain calfskin or cowhide. Full grain is superior to top grain. Proper preparation of full grain requires the craftsmanship of our superior tanners. Don’t get me wrong, top grain is good stuff but before it can be used it has been split, sanded and coated. We use full grain because over time it will retain strength and durability while taking on a unique patina.

jasonkeyz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jasonkeyz

Can someone please help with this?
What is the difference between Scottsdale and Halsted? They're both 15" cases. I want one, can't decide, probably because I can't tell the difference (aside from name and price)

Thanks!

michael4447

jasonkeyz wrote:Can someone please help with this?
What is the difference between Scottsdale and Halsted? They're both 15" cases. I want one, can't decide, probably because I can't tell the difference (aside from name and price)

Thanks!

Michael here from McKlein. The difference between Scottsdale (Arizona) and Halsted (the street in Chicago) is about 40 degrees. The difference in the two bags is in the detail. It sounds counter intuitive but the Halsted is made from a single, large piece of leather that costs more than adding smaller additional pieces for detail. Who knew?