4%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

saltlakecityty

quality posts: 2 Private Messages saltlakecityty

$329 is pretty sweet for this tablet. I owned one for a while, but decided to sell it and wait for a newer version with better screen resolution. It was a great tablet after Samsung released an Android update and with the expandable memory slot it doesn't matter that it's only 16GB.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3142 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Tons of great reviews (4.8 out of 5.0) straight from samsung.com

lichme

quality posts: 2680 Private Messages lichme

scotttampa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scotttampa

Bought this last time from woot, best tablet ever! 32gb external storage is an error, it is 64gb, I put 64gb in mine because thats what the stats on samsung site says. Speakers are unbelievably loud! Resolution is awesome with vibrant colors. Ive owned several tablets and this is by far the best. Quad core gives super speed, combined with the extra gb ram, 2gb total, gives ample memory for major multitaskers! The pen on this tablet makes it a must have for any student. Got this from woot for 380 and worth every penny!

Iotech

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Iotech

I take and share lots of notes, and for that purpose, this tablet is awesome. I also use it for browsing the Web and YouTube and it suits me just fine. If you want a tablet for games or movies, then you might want a tablet with a higher res. But this is still a 720p screen, and it's rare to notice pixels while gaming or watching a movie. Games don't lag and movies run smoothly.

Robert Corrales

djanis

quality posts: 4 Private Messages djanis

I happened to have recently picked up one of these elsewhere, and love it. It is the fastest tablet device I've ever used, bar none. Very happy with the build quality. If there is a drawback to this tablet, it is screen resolution. But I find the 1200x800 resolution to be completely adequate, if not exactly spectacular.

scotttampa

Iotech wrote:I take and share lots of notes, and for that purpose, this tablet is awesome. I also use it for browsing the Web and YouTube and it suits me just fine. If you want a tablet for games or movies, then you might want a tablet with a higher res. But this is still close to a 720p screen, and it's rare to notice pixels while gaming or watching a movie. Games don't lag and movies run smoothly.

This IS an HD screen, at 720p.

sunaness

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sunaness

Browsing this listing from my very own galaxy note 10.1 16gb!

I picked mine up pff of ebay two weeks ago where they're going for around 400 used if you've got patience and stealthy bidding habits, so this is a great deal.

SPen is the absolute best, as a picky handwriting lover it really hits that sweet spot in terms of mimicking the real thing, and S Note as an app is Evernote levels of useful and organizable.

As a student this was immediately usable in class for note taking, and on the weekends it provides a good in-bed entertainment system and doodle pad. My to do lists are no longer littering my bedroom floor and are easily accessible from useful homescreen widgets which show off certain pages and auto update their content.

The only cons I have encountered in this last week is that the screen smudges easily and tends to glare, otherwise it is fast, responsive, useful, and a must have for a student who still feels the need to handwrite notes rather than type them.

Feel free to shoot me any questions!

blakwing

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blakwing

The Samsung will charge without the USB plug it comes with. I charge mine off the USB on my Boxee Box all the time. I also charge it off of other USB power bricks.
The Tablet will show a red cross/error icon over the battery indicator due to it not being connected to the factory power plug.. But it is charging regardless.
I liked mine so much I got one for the wife as well.

scotttampa

blakwing wrote:The Samsung will charge without the USB plug it comes with. I charge mine off the USB on my Boxee Box all the time. I also charge it off of other USB power bricks.
The Tablet will show a red cross/error icon over the battery indicator due to it not being connected to the factory power plug.. But it is charging regardless.
I liked mine so much I got one for the wife as well.

Yea, it puts a red X over the battery icon... and doesnt say charging, like it does when plugged in normally. This will make me so happy! I really wanted to use my 10000mah battery. Trying it right now, and will remove comment from my post at the top if this works... thanks so much!

vision33r

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vision33r

Quad-Core does not give super speed. Quad-core is for running multiple tasks. Since on the tablet you can only run 1 app at a time it really doesn't matter how many cores. The only difference is how efficient the CPU is and how tight the OS and software is. Unfortunately this tablet isn't the fastest or has the best screen compare to the ASUS TF Infinity or the Ipad 3+

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 38 Private Messages Pufferfishy

Yeah - you might want to Google on multi-threading....

vision33r wrote:Quad-Core does not give super speed. Quad-core is for running multiple tasks. Since on the tablet you can only run 1 app at a time it really doesn't matter how many cores. The only difference is how efficient the CPU is and how tight the OS and software is. Unfortunately this tablet isn't the fastest or has the best screen compare to the ASUS TF Infinity or the Ipad 3+

You've been put on posting probation for this post

goddessrocker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goddessrocker

I played with one of these for an hour standing in a store the other day. Couldn't talk myself into $450.

At $335, I'm in.

djanis

quality posts: 4 Private Messages djanis
vision33r wrote:Since on the tablet you can only run 1 app at a time[...]

You've clearly never used the Galaxy Note. I have both a Note II phone and a Note tablet, and you most definitely can run more than one app at a time (that's kind of the point). Aside from that, the Android OS, being based on Linux, fully supports multicore threading, for apps that take advantage of it.

In short, what you've said is just flat wrong.

sccrkeepr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sccrkeepr

32 gb at Costco for 499.00.

Overall, great price for an awesome little toy. The pen is nice and ice cream sandwich is easy to use. Love android!

scotttampa

vision33r wrote:Quad-Core does not give super speed. Quad-core is for running multiple tasks. Since on the tablet you can only run 1 app at a time it really doesn't matter how many cores. The only difference is how efficient the CPU is and how tight the OS and software is. Unfortunately this tablet isn't the fastest or has the best screen compare to the ASUS TF Infinity or the Ipad 3+

Uhhhh, yes it does! I went from a dual core to this quad, and EVERYTHING is now instant... super fast quad core! Dual core took twice the time, compared side by side.

biancasimone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages biancasimone

Quick, someone give me $330+$5s&h so my husband will stop complaining that I used our cell phone upgrade and gave him my old phone when he was the one who needed a new phone.

Yes! Wait a minute... no...

beardgod

quality posts: 3 Private Messages beardgod

Really tempted...bought a refurb Galaxy Tab 10.1 from Woot in Nov 2011. It has held up suprisingly well, although no ICS and no recent updates. However, it has gotten noticeably slower of late and I think I would actually use the pen to take notes for my client sessions. If this is a factory refurb like the one I bought, I would not hesitate to pick one up. If I hadn't just finished my taxes literally 15 minutes ago (and had to cut a $6k check...) I don't think I would be hesitating.

LordEcthelion

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LordEcthelion

I like the idea, but for $330 no thanks. Keep your eyes open wooters. There are many good deals had in the night... sadly this is not one.

scotttampa

LordEcthelion wrote:I like the idea, but for $330 no thanks. Keep your eyes open wooters. There are many good deals had in the night... sadly this is not one.

380 was a deal when I got off woot 2 months ago, now it is 50.00 better of a deal! I couldnt find this price anywhere... its a DEAL, and I love this note!

ep11365

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ep11365

It's refurbished. How about the quality? Is it as good as Apple's refurbished?

LordEcthelion

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LordEcthelion
scotttampa wrote:380 was a deal when I got off woot 2 months ago, now it is 50.00 better of a deal! I couldnt find this price anywhere... its a DEAL, and I love this note!

You may be right... but I like to live on the skeptical side. (If I can be honest for a second, I haven't researched any prices, all I know is that you should ALWAYS be skeptical of The Man (which Woot has clearly become! Clear your head sheeple!)

actorbrad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages actorbrad

Does anyone know if these are Refurbished by Samsung?

(The warranty info reads "90 Day Woot Limited Warranty.")

pastapup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pastapup

Buy with an AMEX to extend the warranty a year.

object47

quality posts: 0 Private Messages object47

Was just about to pull the trigger on this to supplement my iPad, and then saw the extra $30 in tax and some other $3 fee tacked on. That took it from $335 (a good deal) to $368 (no deal).

smeera

quality posts: 1 Private Messages smeera

what about all the apps where you can write music or learn a new instrument. no, seriously, where are the apps to write music?

meows

scotttampa

smeera wrote:what about all the apps where you can write music or learn a new instrument. no, seriously, where are the apps to write music?

Ask google... he knows everything... just type into where u type url and u get results... seriously... thats where they are... or search in google play, where ALL apps are now...

chimunga

quality posts: 7 Private Messages chimunga

I was eyeing these on amazon last night. I was looking for a tablet for drawing. And according to the Internet, other than an expensive lenovo, this is the best. Apparently the s pen is pressure sensitive and very responsive.

chimunga

quality posts: 7 Private Messages chimunga

Darnit. Once again, no love for APO boxes. Guess this is a non go.

kayjayjay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kayjayjay

I got interested in the Note last time it was on Woot, and ended up buying the 32gb version from Amazon. So far I'm extremely happy with it. The screen looks awesome, the pen is very accurate, and it's versatile enough that it doesn't feel like I dropped some $500 on a digital pad of paper. The speakers are front-facing and work incredibly well.

So far I've not seen one thing about my Note that I dislike. If you take a lot of notes or are looking for a versatile tablet that's cheaper than an iPad I really do recommend this.

infinitycubed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages infinitycubed

Can we get the model number for this please? Is it the N8000, N8010, N8020, N8030, etc? Also are these refurbished by Samsung? Thank you. Will buy in the morning when these questions are answered.

[MOD: It's the Gt-n8013. It's been added to "In the box".]

loztoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loztoot

does refurbished mean new battery too?

chaajoad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chaajoad

Folks - I'm exhausted and need some sleep but I'm hoping someone can give me advice. I do presentations in front of anywhere from 10-40 or so people. What I'd like to do is play a power point presentation from a tablet (hooked to a projector) and walk around the room, advancing slides and drawing on slides - for emphasis or jotting down ideas from the folks in the room. Even I was tethered by a cord, I'm okay with that. Apparently this tablet will run powerpoint. So I can write something on the tablet that will show on the screen as I give the presentation. Would this device do that? I hope this is clear enough. Thanks ...

wayneqsr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wayneqsr

Un-boxing and review video: http://bit.ly/10LuXGP

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch
LordEcthelion wrote:You may be right... but I like to live on the skeptical side. (If I can be honest for a second, I haven't researched any prices, all I know is that you should ALWAYS be skeptical of The Man (which Woot has clearly become! Clear your head sheeple!)

Ah yes,so you're saying "Listen to me folks,I don't have a clue what I'm talking about but hear what I'm saying anyway". Thanks,very helpful

Senchou42

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Senchou42

My sister has a Note and does use it for drawing. It is pressure sensitive, and in general draws very well! She's gotten some nice pictures, and with the right programs, it is fantastic for portable digital drawing. And much easier to carry than her giant 11" Wacom tablet.

chimunga wrote:I was eyeing these on amazon last night. I was looking for a tablet for drawing. And according to the Internet, other than an expensive lenovo, this is the best. Apparently the s pen is pressure sensitive and very responsive.

blacman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blacman
ep11365 wrote:It's refurbished. How about the quality? Is it as good as Apple's refurbished?

I bought one the last time Woot had it for something like $50 more (can I get the difference back)??? Mine was not refurbed by Samsung, but by a US company (whose name has worn off the sticker). It has worked very well for me and the company that refurbed it was helpful the one time I called them with a question.

I found I had to turn off the auto-dimmer to get the tablet to work well. It immediately upgraded to Jellybean, which is worth doing for this tablet. The tablet is pretty fast and the network connectivity works very well.

Overall, I love how the S-Pen is integrated. It is better than buying a regular tablet and using a stylus. This tablet has a proprietary input for the pen that works very well. I never use the soft keyboard for input, I write everything with the S-Pen.

The multi-processing (running multiple apps) works well, but only works for selected apps. Not all apps can run in the second window. I find that a little frustrating.

My other major frustration is that it has a proprietary connection for power/network. Why couldn't they use mini-usb like 57% of the rest of the world (Apple has 43%)? They use it on other devices. Sigh.

I wanted it for note taking as well, but I haven't found a great note taking app. I am looking for something that allows me to do bullets and search the notes after. I also want to be able to email myself the notes so that I can store them safely and make them available in other places.

I thought m-Note was it. It has the features I want, but it's riddled with bugs on the Galaxy. I'd be interested to know what other owners use for note taking.

I also haven't found a great app for drawing. The one they give you always seems to leave a watermark and many others don't recognize the pressure sensitive pen. I'd be interested in anything anyone has discovered for that as well.

Sorry about the long post. Hope it's all useful.

ILGal

quality posts: 30 Private Messages ILGal

I have this tablet (the 32 GB version) and use S Note to take handwritten notes, which I then share into Evernote. Evernote can read/search the handwritten notes. It's awesome. The only thing you can't do in EN is edit the handwritten notes so it's better for archiving than for storing notes you want to later edit. You could add content to the note you export from the S Note to Evernote (phew...are you still with me) but you can't reopen the handwritten note and handwrite more on it.

www.evernote.com Free and works on all platforms

As for note-taking apps, I use S Note and it works fine for my needs but another popular program is Lecture Notes. There's a forum user over at Android Central who has created some terrific tutorials on using Lecture Note.

blacman wrote:I bought one the last time Woot had it for something like $50 more (can I get the difference back)??? Mine was not refurbed by Samsung, but by a US company (whose name has worn off the sticker). It has worked very well for me and the company that refurbed it was helpful the one time I called them with a question.

I found I had to turn off the auto-dimmer to get the tablet to work well. It immediately upgraded to Jellybean, which is worth doing for this tablet. The tablet is pretty fast and the network connectivity works very well.

Overall, I love how the S-Pen is integrated. It is better than buying a regular tablet and using a stylus. This tablet has a proprietary input for the pen that works very well. I never use the soft keyboard for input, I write everything with the S-Pen.

The multi-processing (running multiple apps) works well, but only works for selected apps. Not all apps can run in the second window. I find that a little frustrating.

I wanted it for note taking as well, but I haven't found a great note taking app. I am looking for something that allows me to do bullets and search the notes after. I also want to be able to email myself the notes so that I can store them safely and make them available in other places.

I thought m-Note was it. It has the features I want, but it's riddled with bugs on the Galaxy. I'd be interested to know what other owners use for note taking.

I also haven't found a great app for drawing. The one they give you always seems to leave a watermark and many others don't recognize the pressure sensitive pen. I'd be interested in anything anyone has discovered for that as well.

Sorry about the long post. Hope it's all useful.