blacman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blacman
ILGal wrote:I have this tablet (the 32 GB version) and use S Note to take handwritten notes, which I then share into Evernote. Evernote can read/search the handwritten notes. It's awesome. The only thing you can't do in EN is edit the handwritten notes so it's better for archiving than for storing notes you want to later edit. You could add content to the note you export from the S Note to Evernote (phew...are you still with me) but you can't reopen the handwritten note and handwrite more on it.

www.evernote.com Free and works on all platforms

Thanks. I did follow all of that. I am using S-Note now, but it doesn't have bullets in it. I fake it by using + signs, but there are some other minor inconveniences. S-Note can share via email, which is nice.

I've written speeches in S-Note and other stuff and it's been very helpful.

I looked at Evernote, but I'm not sure I like the license to it and that you have to subscribe (not buy it, but subscribe -- long term revenue stream for them, long term cost for me) to be able to work off-line.

ILGal

quality posts: 30 Private Messages ILGal

Hey, Wooters. Free App of the Day over on Amazon is a little note-taking app that would be a nice addition to this tablet:

Skinny Notes

buzzwang

quality posts: 10 Private Messages buzzwang

In for 1

Lookin4Trouble2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lookin4Trouble2
infinitycubed wrote:Can we get the model number for this please? Is it the N8000, N8010, N8020, N8030, etc? Also are these refurbished by Samsung? Thank you. Will buy in the morning when these questions are answered.

In for this question as well. Based on specs, this is _not_ the N8000 (which would have 3G capability). Have been watching every tablet deal that comes across on woot, and haven't seen a decent 3g-capable tablet yet... Would definitely be in for one if this were the 3G version.

blockjo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blockjo

Love my Tab2 10.1, but the camera isn't the greatest... any upgrade on the camera (rear facing) on this Note? Thanks all!

ILGal

quality posts: 30 Private Messages ILGal

This device has a 5 MP camera - I think yours has 3 MP?

This one does OK for what it is. I use it to snap scans using the free CamScanner from the Play store, and to take pictures of PowerPoint slides during meetings and webinars. Quality is more than sufficient for those needs.

blockjo wrote:Love my Tab2 10.1, but the camera isn't the greatest... any upgrade on the camera (rear facing) on this Note? Thanks all!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
chaajoad wrote:Folks - I'm exhausted and need some sleep but I'm hoping someone can give me advice. I do presentations in front of anywhere from 10-40 or so people. What I'd like to do is play a power point presentation from a tablet (hooked to a projector) and walk around the room, advancing slides and drawing on slides - for emphasis or jotting down ideas from the folks in the room. Even I was tethered by a cord, I'm okay with that. Apparently this tablet will run powerpoint. So I can write something on the tablet that will show on the screen as I give the presentation. Would this device do that? I hope this is clear enough. Thanks ...

Have a look at this
Also, for note taking, Papyrus gets good press.

move along

jaydpiii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaydpiii

These are newer version, new not refurbished, abd same price at Best Buy. So, sorry, this woot deal is not so great. I know, we just purchased my wife one at Best Buy this past weekend. $329.00, new.

bretheweb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bretheweb
chaajoad: So I can write something on the tablet that will show on the screen as I give the presentation. Would this device do that?

Unfortunately, no, not with a typical projector. To do that look for tablets that have a mini-HDMI port.
Tablets like the Nexus 10 and MS Surface can.
Apparently, there are wireless projectors out there, but that is beyond my experience.

coldsilvernc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coldsilvernc
LordEcthelion wrote:You may be right... but I like to live on the skeptical side. (If I can be honest for a second, I haven't researched any prices, all I know is that you should ALWAYS be skeptical of The Man (which Woot has clearly become! Clear your head sheeple!)

You haven't done any research or checked any prices, but yet you say this isn't a good deal? That essentially equates to trolling... Please don't, this is a fantastic tablet at a great price. The closest I have found price wise is $449 for a new 16gb. The Jelly Bean update makes this tablet super smooth and quick and the resolution is just fine (think of a 720 vs. 1080 TV, you really can't tell a whole lot of difference unless they are side by side).

Anykey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Anykey

I looked at the specs, does anyone know if it has GPS built into it? I would want to use it for Geocaching, instead of my Galaxy S3.

2voc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2voc

Is the connector on this tablet a proprietary connector? I know it looks like Apple's 30 pin connector, but I remember reading that is is not.

Iotech

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Iotech
Anykey wrote:I looked at the specs, does anyone know if it has GPS built into it? I would want to use it for Geocaching, instead of my Galaxy S3.

Yes, it does.

Robert Corrales

Gsound

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Gsound
vision33r wrote:...Since on the tablet you can only run 1 app at a time it really doesn't matter how many cores. The only difference is how efficient the CPU is and how tight the OS and software is. Unfortunately this tablet isn't the fastest or has the best screen compare to the ASUS TF Infinity or the Ipad 3+

I have the 32 GB version that I bought off Woot a couple months ago. First, I have run up to 8 apps at once with this device. Email, Evernote, Comixology, Chrome, Firefox, Hulu+, on and on without a hiccup and pretty quick. For the exception of premium video services, these can be run in smaller windows on the same screen.

As someone who does a lot of research, the window switcher is amazing. Browse an article on the web, copy the URL, switch to Evernote, paste , back to browser (Evernote autosaves), copy text with stylus or finger, back to Evernote, paste. Did about 10 pages of data this way and it was almost as fast as using a laptop.

As for the screen res, I hear people say this a lot, but have never really heard a good, everyday argument for it. Who's doing heavy Photoshop on a tablet? Yes, retina displays are awesome, but this display is pretty good. Great? No. It plays my ripped movies (which I keep on a separate MicroSD) fine as well the premium services such as CinemaNow, Vudu, and Netflix.

Can't say enough good things about this device. Very happy.

Iotech

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Iotech
2voc wrote:Is the connector on this tablet a proprietary connector? I know it looks like Apple's 30 pin connector, but I remember reading that is is not.

It's proprietary, and the apple connector doesn't fit.

Robert Corrales

gean73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gean73

is this model came with 3g or 4g or no telephone at all?

[MOD: Wi-Fi only]

apallohadas

quality posts: 5 Private Messages apallohadas

In for one.

As for the folks insisting they just bought one, here's the link to the BestBuy product.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+10.1+Galaxy+Note+16GB+Slate+Tablet+-+Ice+Cream+Sandwich+Operating+System+-+Deep+Gray/6315082.p;jsessionid=CC0753E9A328F17B5BCBAF2CF5592003.bbolsp-app02-180?id=1218727483054&skuId=6315082&st=galaxy%20note%2010.1&cp=1&lp=1

So show me your's since I showed you mine.

I bought a bunch of stuff and all I have left is this not-very-witty signature.

i1patrick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages i1patrick

There's a brand new smaller 8" version of the Galaxy Note coming out this month for $399 at 16GB. (And, yes, it's definitely a Galaxy Note and NOT a Tab. S-Pen is included in this new one.)

http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/09/samsung-galaxy-note-8-review/

I've done an in-store test drive of the 10.1" Galaxy Note and found myself wishing it was easier to hold in one hand while writing on it with the other. I'm hoping this new one hits the size sweet spot.

Ebanezer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ebanezer

$329, for a refurb tablet? Nah. For a new Asus, Lenovo, etc. 15" AMD quad core 4GB ram, 5000 GB drive laptop, easy! Tablet prices are bogus all over

bluemaple

quality posts: 66 Private Messages bluemaple
Ebanezer wrote:$329, for a refurb tablet? Nah. For a new Asus, Lenovo, etc. 15" AMD quad core 4GB ram, 5000 GB drive laptop, easy! Tablet prices are bogus all over

... says @Ebanezer, who clearly has not lived with a decent tablet and seen they clearly have a place in many folks' hands...

[Hmmm, 'wonder what laptop sales growth rates look like compared to tablets?]

BTW, where do I get a 5 terabyte hard drive laptop for $329?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Guys, I cleaned out the posts about Costco now that you've determined that it was a completely different product. I didn't want people answering the same posts all day.

Thanks!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

gak0090

quality posts: 76 Private Messages gak0090
vision33r wrote:Quad-Core does not give super speed. Quad-core is for running multiple tasks. Since on the tablet you can only run 1 app at a time it really doesn't matter how many cores. The only difference is how efficient the CPU is and how tight the OS and software is. Unfortunately this tablet isn't the fastest or has the best screen compare to the ASUS TF Infinity or the Ipad 3+

Some apps see automatic performance gains on devices with multi-core processors, but you can also write code specifically to take advantage of multiple cores for additional optimization.

Even a single-threaded application can benefit from parallel processing on different cores. For example, if your application uses a media server, then the media processing and your UI rendering application logic can run on different cores at the same time. Also, the garbage collector can run on a different core.

https://developer.qualcomm.com/blog/multi-threading-android-apps-multi-core-processors-part-1-2

j5

apallohadas wrote:In for one.

As for the folks insisting they just bought one, here's the link to the BestBuy product.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+10.1+Galaxy+Note+16GB+Slate+Tablet+-+Ice+Cream+Sandwich+Operating+System+-+Deep+Gray/6315082.p;jsessionid=CC0753E9A328F17B5BCBAF2CF5592003.bbolsp-app02-180?id=1218727483054&skuId=6315082&st=galaxy%20note%2010.1&cp=1&lp=1

So show me your's since I showed you mine.

Here's mine "Just" is relative, as I got one for my Birthday less than a month ago, but BB charges tax, so it comes close enough, pricewise.

move along

bluemaple

ThunderThighs wrote:Guys, I cleaned out the posts about Costco now that you've determined that it was a completely different product. I didn't want people answering the same posts all day.

Thanks!

@TT, thanks for transparently acknowledging the cleaning.

gak0090

quality posts: 76 Private Messages gak0090
chimunga wrote:I was eyeing these on amazon last night. I was looking for a tablet for drawing. And according to the Internet, other than an expensive lenovo, this is the best. Apparently the s pen is pressure sensitive and very responsive.

This is using a smaller galaxy note- but same idea.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

infinitycubed wrote:Can we get the model number for this please? Is it the N8000, N8010, N8020, N8030, etc? Also are these refurbished by Samsung? Thank you. Will buy in the morning when these questions are answered.

It's the Gt-n8013. Suffixes for color are:

Ea16 for grey
Zw16 for white

This info is being added to the "In the box" section on the Specs tab.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

wingnutzero

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wingnutzero

Definitely in for 1. I've had the Galaxy Note 10.1 on my Amazon wish list for months. And this is the best price I've seen for it, even for a refurb.

For comparison, WalMart sells the refurbed 16GB Galaxy Note 10.1 for $379
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-GT-N8013-EA16ARB-with-WiFi-10.1-Touchscreen-Tablet-PC-Featuring-Android-4.0-Ice-Cream-Sandwich-Operating-System-with-S-Pen-Dee/22025702

and Newegg is selling it for $415.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834131467

ddrylie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ddrylie

Why, oh why can't some people tell the difference between a NOTE and a TAB?!?!

Yoi!

I have a NOTE 10.1 and LOVE it! In for 1 for the wife. We've been thinking of buying her one, and had to pull the trigger today with the price!

jimmybilt1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimmybilt1

Just bought one - my first tablet. Does anyone know if this comes with the Premium Suite that I saw on Samsung's site?

dmpower

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dmpower

I found this information on the differences between the model numbers on http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130323073108AACMOM1

8000 - Wifi+3G+calling
8005 - Wifi+3G
8010 - Wifi (Except USA)
8013 - Wifi (Only USA)
8020 - Wifi+LTE
Source(s):
Random google searches.

lauriewny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lauriewny

I'm sure this answer is here somewhere, but perhaps faster to just ask the question: Is this strictly wi-fi connectivity?

bluemaple

@TT, 'not sure how much layout control you have in the title/price quarter of the product page but I wonder if adding a big yellow-highlighted sub-title line like the following might reduce the Note vs Tab model confusion:

"This a Galaxy NOTE (*not* a Galaxy Tab)"

Derk16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Derk16

The tablet is great, i picked one up the other week. But Woot i have to say this price is not competitive at all. A quick online search will find you factory (samsung) refurbished models with a 90 day warranty for more than $60 less than woot's is going for. I will always stand behind how great woot is, but not this time.

scotttampa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scotttampa
lauriewny wrote:I'm sure this answer is here somewhere, but perhaps faster to just ask the question: Is this strictly wi-fi connectivity?

Yes... but I use mine connected via wifi to my clear.com 4G... so wherever I go, I have my 4g in pocket... I think 3g is too slow... but this way, whenever im home, the 4g also supplies internet to the house.

anoopy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anoopy

Can someone please comment on the build quality? I've read that the plastic is cheap and that the casing croaks and flexes.
I'm referencing this scathing review: http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/08/21/samsung-galaxy-note-10-1-review-an-embarrassing-lazy-arrogant-money-grab/

scotttampa

I also wanted to add a comment about the awesome camera on this thing! I took a pic after I got this, emailed it to myself and could not believe the quality! It was a 2.1mb picture! My kodak 5mp camera I was so upset because NO pics were over a megabite, and I KNEW a 5megapixl camera should be over a megabite! And Samsung made this camera on the Note so well its over TWOmb!

dmpower

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dmpower
anoopy wrote:Can someone please comment on the build quality? I've read that the plastic is cheap and that the casing croaks and flexes.
I'm referencing this scathing review: http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/08/21/samsung-galaxy-note-10-1-review-an-embarrassing-lazy-arrogant-money-grab/

I just watched a video review and the reviewer liked the fact that the shell was plastic as it had a little more give and flex than the metal, but I guess to each his own

j5

jimmybilt1 wrote:Just bought one - my first tablet. Does anyone know if this comes with the Premium Suite that I saw on Samsung's site?

Not sure what's in the premium suite, but these come with: Peel remote, Photoshop touch, and Polaris office, as well as a few games and whatnot.

the disinformation in this thread must extend to the general public as well, there are all sorts of scathing reviews of cases for the G-Note because the reviewer used it on the G-Tab.

To another poster, the LTE unit only just came out on Verizon's network and the International versions have 3G+, you won't be seeing either here at Woot because the former is too new and the latter would be grey market and forbidden.

move along

scotttampa

anoopy wrote:Can someone please comment on the build quality? I've read that the plastic is cheap and that the casing croakes and flexes. I'm ready to pull the trigger if the build quality has been updated.

It is probably a personal thing... I dont think its as bad as people were saying... yes, it has a plastic casing, but hey, it doesnt weigh nothing for a reason! Im happy to trade for this light plastic casing, as it is half the weight of my prior tablet. And you do get use to it. It may feel like its going to break, but it really is very durable... its slid off my lap a few times onto the floor, and it was just fine.

keng60

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keng60
ep11365 wrote:It's refurbished. How about the quality? Is it as good as Apple's refurbished?

If no body has replied to this the quality is the same as new.
There was a software issue on mine and Samsung re-flashed it and all is ok now.
Mine has 32 Gig and it is a multitasking fool. Have ran 4 apps at the same time.

Ken