jimmybilt1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimmybilt1

The Premium Suite consists of the following: Multi Window/Air View/Easy Clip/Android 4.1 Jelly Bean - from Samsung's site - I'm wondering if these are just features of 4.1, which we should be able to d/l once we get the Note

j5 wrote:Not sure what's in the premium suite, but these come with: Peel remote, Photoshop touch, and Polaris office, as well as a few games and whatnot.

the disinformation in this thread must extend to the general public as well, there are all sorts of scathing reviews of cases for the G-Note because the reviewer used it on the G-Tab.

To another poster, the LTE unit only just came out on Verizon's network and the International versions have 3G+, you won't be seeing either here at Woot because the former is too new and the latter would be grey market and forbidden.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bluemaple wrote:@TT, 'not sure how much layout control you have in the title/price quarter of the product page but I wonder if adding a big yellow-highlighted sub-title line like the following might reduce the Note vs Tab model confusion:

"This a Galaxy NOTE (*not* a Galaxy Tab)"

I'll pass it on. Gotta say, this thread has been full of

today.

I'm still deleting posts about pricing on different products. Sigh.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

smetz99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smetz99

Off Topic I know but I need a quick response on something. I bought one of the Vizio 65 inchers the other day and yesterday I got notified that it shipped. I would like to be home for the arrival but they don't have a shipping tracking number. I'm guessing these are not shipped UPS or Fed Ex, how do I know when it will arrive so I can be sure to be home for the delivery?

scotttampa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scotttampa
smetz99 wrote:Off Topic I know but I need a quick response on something. I bought one of the Vizio 65 inchers the other day and yesterday I got notified that it shipped. I would like to be home for the arrival but they don't have a shipping tracking number. I'm guessing these are not shipped UPS or Fed Ex, how do I know when it will arrive so I can be sure to be home for the delivery?

Every item woot ships comes with tracking. Was able to track my tablet when it was shipped. Tracking number is not in the email, you have to click on your account and look in your orders for tracking.

jimmybilt1

Any recommendations for a case? I'm considering this one from i-BLASON http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B008L2WS8Q/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Also, any suggestions for an OTG usb adapter that works and doesn't cost $20

Thanks

chimunga

quality posts: 7 Private Messages chimunga
ThunderThighs wrote:I'll pass it on. Gotta say, this thread has been full of

today.

I'm still deleting posts about pricing on different products. Sigh.

Well, if it's any consolation, Amazon gets the Note and the Tab mixed too. Type "Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 case" and half of the results you get are for the Tab 10.1.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
jimmybilt1 wrote:Any recommendations for a case? I'm considering this one from i-BLASON http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B008L2WS8Q/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Thanks

Don't have a specific model, but I always use Monoprice for adapters. They're tops!

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

wingnutzero

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wingnutzero
jimmybilt1 wrote:Any recommendations for a case? I'm considering this one from i-BLASON http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B008L2WS8Q/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

I'm considering this Poetic Slimbook Case, mainly because I intend to use the tablet for meetings and this case has business card slots, as well as magnets to keep the case closed:
http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-Slimbook-Intergrated-HandStrap-Manufacturer/dp/B008YZ8W1W/

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Thanks

I got this kit and This thing (even reviewed it).
The case is all kinds of mediocre, but it shipped quickly and does the job. The accessories work well with none of that "too tight" folks are complaining about. Toss in one of these for $6 and free shipping and you're set.

For business use, I'd maybe look at something like this one

move along

bluemaple

quality posts: 77 Private Messages bluemaple
Derk16 wrote:The tablet is great, i picked one up the other week. But Woot i have to say this price is not competitive at all. A quick online search will find you factory (samsung) refurbished models with a 90 day warranty for more than $60 less than woot's is going for. I will always stand behind how great woot is, but not this time.

Links please. Suspect you might be looking at Galaxy *Tab2* 10.1 refurbs. This is a respectable Galaxy *Note* 10.1 refurb price - especially since it comes from a reputable seller.

davedoy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages davedoy

Thanks

Personally I don't get the concept of taking an amazingly thin and light tablet and sheathing it in the "portfolio" style case all the time.

I use this little briefcase
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002STX2ZG/ref=oh_details_o06_s01_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

to store and transport the tablet when not in use, plus charger, cables, and dongles. My galaxy note 10.1 fits perfectly.

scotttampa

Just an FYI for those who own or will own one, when you plug the usb end of the charger into abattery or a usb wall charger, a red X appears over the bbattery icon, and it says discharging. Reading reviews, others thought what I did, and assume it is not charging, makes sense with a red X, eh? NOT! It IS charging! Not as fast, granted, but it is charging. I was so happy last night to find out my 10000mAh battery wasnt a wasted buy! If you turn off the tablet while charging in this manner, it doesnt discharge, and the percentage actually goes up. Just wanted to clarify this, as it is misleading and many people thought the red X meant you couldnt charge via usb. Sure, it is much faster using the AC outlet, but it does work using usb... dont be disappointed like I was, but I am happy now, to find the hidden truth!

morriea

quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea
beardgod wrote:Really tempted...bought a refurb Galaxy Tab 10.1 from Woot in Nov 2011. It has held up suprisingly well, although no ICS and no recent updates. However, it has gotten noticeably slower of late and I think I would actually use the pen to take notes for my client sessions. If this is a factory refurb like the one I bought, I would not hesitate to pick one up. If I hadn't just finished my taxes literally 15 minutes ago (and had to cut a $6k check...) I don't think I would be hesitating.

Your Galaxy Tab DOES have ICS (AVAILABLE). You need to download and install it. Go to Settings/About Device/Software Update. If you are registered with Samsung and Google, it will download (make sure you are connected to the internet).

I have the 32GB version of the Note 10.1 myself, and am quite pleased. The difference in usefulness among the Tab, Tab 2, and this are night and day.

I am amazed at the confusion of people that will take the time to post and be totally wrong about the device that they reference.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"

chimunga

quality posts: 7 Private Messages chimunga

Thanks

I like the look of this one:

MoKo Slim Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

And it comes in purple!

It also has a bunch of great reviews.

keng60

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keng60
object47 wrote:Was just about to pull the trigger on this to supplement my iPad, and then saw the extra $30 in tax and some other $3 fee tacked on. That took it from $335 (a good deal) to $368 (no deal).

Where are you? I am in Idaho and only get the 5 bucks. Tried it.

iluvtofly

quality posts: 2 Private Messages iluvtofly

This video is a must watch if you want to know how amazing this tablet really is :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LZ3krff1JCE

thardesty

quality posts: 7 Private Messages thardesty

Question for those of you who have this tablet.. Can the ir blaster/remote control feature be used to control more than just tvs? Could I program it to be a remote control for my projector so I don't have to keep buying new batteries for my harmony remote?

keng60

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keng60
jimmybilt1 wrote:Just bought one - my first tablet. Does anyone know if this comes with the Premium Suite that I saw on Samsung's site?

I do believe these come into play when you upgrade it to JellyBean which it prompts you to do.

CellarDweller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CellarDweller

I 'd like to get this, but I just returned the refurbished Asus from Woot because it crapped out in 3 days. I am very wary of refurbs at this point.... :-(

votm2006

quality posts: 0 Private Messages votm2006

Regarding all the confusion on what model this is, Samsung should take note of it. If you name every product you manufacture a Galaxy, you are going to confuse everyone. Even using "note" is confusing since I thought that only referred to the 5.5 inch phone, but I was wrong. They even have a Galaxy camera! Samsung marketing sucks.

jimmybilt1

davedoy wrote:Personally I don't get the concept of taking an amazingly thin and light tablet and sheathing it in the "portfolio" style case all the time.

I use this little briefcase
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002STX2ZG/ref=oh_details_o06_s01_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

to store and transport the tablet when not in use, plus charger, cables, and dongles. My galaxy note 10.1 fits perfectly.

Looks real good for the price. Possibility for using when traveling. Saw one of the customer pics showing the Galaxy Note with the i-BLASON leather case still fitting in this.

scotttampa

thardesty wrote:Question for those of you who have this tablet.. Can the ir blaster/remote control feature be used to control more than just tvs? Could I program it to be a remote control for my projector so I don't have to keep buying new batteries for my harmony remote?

Yes, it controls more than tv... I use my note to run my 7.1 okyno I bought from woot, too... only thing I wish it also did is windows media center, as I use a computer as my entertainment center to record 3 shows at a time, music, pics, etc...

essjae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages essjae

Just ordered one.
What about docking stations for this? I did a quick search on amazon, but they all look like they're for the phone version of the Note.
Any recommendations?

edit: never mind, found it
EDD-D100BEGXAR

jimmybilt1

keng60 wrote:I do believe these come into play when you upgrade it to JellyBean which it prompts you to do.

I think you're right - just did a little research and it's part of Samsung's JB 4.1 upgrade for the Note

CuzzinMerl

quality posts: 24 Private Messages CuzzinMerl

Is there an app for using this thing as a fly swatter?

thardesty

quality posts: 7 Private Messages thardesty
CuzzinMerl wrote:Is there an app for using this thing as a fly swatter?

Here is what you do, get the whip cracking app and otter box case and go crazy on them flies!!

Anyways, thanks to the previous poster for the reply to my remote control function question. I may just have to get this now

bjfranck

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bjfranck

Does anyone know if refurbished get the 50GB drop box bonus. That is worth $120 a year. My Tab 2 7 new got it.

scotttampa

bjfranck wrote:Does anyone know if refurbished get the 50GB drop box bonus. That is worth $120 a year. My Tab 2 7 new got it.

Yup! Got mine from this exact same note, refurb, from woot... best tablet ever had! Fastest quad core processor, with 2gb ram and have a 64gb micro card with 50gb free drop box! Samsung is the world leader, and now I see why! Sure, apple is in the US, but look out!

qwikk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qwikk
saltlakecityty wrote:$329 is pretty sweet for this tablet. I owned one for a while, but decided to sell it and wait for a newer version with better screen resolution. It was a great tablet after Samsung released an Android update and with the expandable memory slot it doesn't matter that it's only 16GB.

do you people look at amazon? same one brand new for 327

morriea

qwikk wrote:do you people look at amazon? same one brand new for 327

Sheesh...THAT IS NOT THE NOTE 10.1!

That is the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

qwikk wrote:do you people look at amazon? same one brand new for 327

Do you have a link to the Amazon page?
We've already been over this issue this morning. Today's
offer is for the NOTE and not the TAB.

bharatmaddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bharatmaddy

Amazon:

Samsung galaxy NOTE 10.1 (Grey):

New: $447.99

Used (Very good): $326.63

Refurbished: $363.95

As always, two day free shipping if you've prime account.

thepick6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thepick6

Is there a specific carrier (i.e Verizon) this tablet is compatible with?

jchkao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jchkao

Can Woot staff or anyone provide the exact model number so we can determine if this is an "A" grade refurbished model or a "B" grade refurbished model? For example, GT-N8013-ZW16BRB is a B grade refurbished model while the A grade version has a model number of GT-N8013-ZW16ARB. Thank you for your help.

scaredwitless

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scaredwitless
chaajoad wrote:Folks - I'm exhausted and need some sleep but I'm hoping someone can give me advice. I do presentations in front of anywhere from 10-40 or so people. What I'd like to do is play a power point presentation from a tablet (hooked to a projector) and walk around the room, advancing slides and drawing on slides - for emphasis or jotting down ideas from the folks in the room. Even I was tethered by a cord, I'm okay with that. Apparently this tablet will run powerpoint. So I can write something on the tablet that will show on the screen as I give the presentation. Would this device do that? I hope this is clear enough. Thanks ...

Check out the All-Share Cast Hub it is compatible with all recent Samsung Android devices, including this one. Plug that into a projector and you effectively get a wireless HDMI display.

morriea

thepick6 wrote:Is there a specific carrier (i.e Verizon) this tablet is compatible with?

This is a WiFi only tablet. There is no carrier connectivity.

aarontrevor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aarontrevor

Thanks

My friend has had 3 cases for his Note & he said not to get that one. The leather going around the bezel makes it hard to write on the tablet. He said you should get something the doesn't cover the bezel much. I picked this one and he said it was perfect: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0094S8S4E/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

robiatti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robiatti

I was about to buy one on Clist for 350 till I found this deal. I think its great for 329. And you get a warranty to boot. Woot!!

banai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages banai
bharatmaddy wrote:Amazon:
Samsung galaxy NOTE 10.1 (Grey):
Used (Very good): $326.63

And here's the link
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B008DWG5HE/ref=sr_1_3_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1365643031&sr=8-3&keywords=galaxy+note+10.1&condition=used

Yep, that's the Note that cheap all right. But what is very good quality? All that is mentioned is that it "may come repackaged". But according to Amazon, very good could mean a lot of other things: "item has been tested and verified to be in perfect working order but it has cosmetic damage or blemishes, shows slight signs of use, has minor accessories missing, or the packaging has been replaced to better protect the item". If the only thing is the repackaging, why isn't it listed as like new condition? Is it missing anything? This worries me.

So, buy it from woot with the 90 day warranty and know what to expect? Or save $10 and get it in two days with a 30 day return window?

clarkbhm

quality posts: 19 Private Messages clarkbhm

Got a few more hours left to decide between this and the Asus TF300 T-B1-BL Transformer on sale over at sellout.woot. http://sellout.woot.com/offers/asus-transformer-pad-10-1-32gb-tablet-3

Any opinions?