macmic6

quality posts: 3 Private Messages macmic6

Don't get too excited. Even when they ship you may have to return it because they didn't actually fix your refurbished model. the one I received is not fixed. The screen keeps becoming unresponsive. I was really surprised at the packaging for shipping. Mine came wrapped in a black garbage bag with at label slapped on it. NO outer box or protective bubble wrap. No wonder it doesn't work.

rjt23 wrote:Mine is also showing no shipment yet. Now I shall go back into the fetal position and quietly whimper in the corner.

#sniff
#reallywanttoplaywithmynewtablet

Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.
George S. Patton

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 167 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

macmic6 wrote:Don't get too excited. Even when they ship you may have to return it because they didn't actually fix your refurbished model. the one I received is not fixed. The screen keeps becoming unresponsive. I was really surprised at the packaging for shipping. Mine came wrapped in a black garbage bag with at label slapped on it. NO outer box or protective bubble wrap. No wonder it doesn't work.

We're sorry to hear that you received a defective unit. If you don't receive any help from Samsung, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know.

whimsywhit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whimsywhit

Received the tablet today. Decent enough packaging. Get it out of the box, start to set it up, let the screen go off. When I go to swipe the screen to turn it back on, it is completely unresponsive. Even if I want to turn it off, and hold the side button, I can't select the button on the screen. These are supposedly refurbished, but seems as though whatever was wrong with this one is still wrong with it right out of the box. Not pleased. Any suggestions?

cazmack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cazmack
whimsywhit wrote:Received the tablet today. Decent enough packaging. Get it out of the box, start to set it up, let the screen go off. When I go to swipe the screen to turn it back on, it is completely unresponsive. Even if I want to turn it off, and hold the side button, I can't select the button on the screen. These are supposedly refurbished, but seems as though whatever was wrong with this one is still wrong with it right out of the box. Not pleased. Any suggestions?

That sucks man, here is what is posted on the warranty page:

Contact Woot Member Services by sending an email to rma@woot.com. If your product is covered under a Woot warranty, a Woot Member Services Representative will issue you an RMA number to return the product to Woot; you are responsible for shipping the product to Woot at your expense. Returned products must be received by Woot in the same condition as received by the customer. If your product is covered under a manufacturer warranty, contact Woot Member Services for the manufacturer warranty contact. A manufacturer warranty supercedes Woot warranty in all cases when a manufacturer warranty is available, so please make sure you're pestering the right people.

Good luck. I'm sure they will replace it for you.

macmic6

Update. This is not my first rodeo. I decided to see if I could get the screen to keep working long enough to do the update to 4.1. I was able to get it to update. I let it download the update (the screen locked soon after it started) and install. So far so good. If anyone else has this problem just keep touching the screen to keep it from freezing. If it freezes just wait until you think the update had time to download. Then hold the power button down until it reboots. When it reboots it will give you the option to install the update. Do it quick before the screen locks again. I've let the tablet lay several times and so far the screen hasn't frozen again. Glad I don't have to send it in for service. At least it's the refurbisher and not Samsung to deal with. Samsung stinks for service.

ROGETRAY wrote:We're sorry to hear that you received a defective unit. If you don't receive any help from Samsung, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know.

George S. Patton

macmic6

Read my response below. To get the tablet to reboot just hold down the power button until it reboots and hurry to do the update. It seems like as long as you keep touching the screen it won't lock up. Just keep your fingers on the screen to do the set up and then update the software to Jelly bean and the problem is fixed.

whimsywhit wrote:Received the tablet today. Decent enough packaging. Get it out of the box, start to set it up, let the screen go off. When I go to swipe the screen to turn it back on, it is completely unresponsive. Even if I want to turn it off, and hold the side button, I can't select the button on the screen. These are supposedly refurbished, but seems as though whatever was wrong with this one is still wrong with it right out of the box. Not pleased. Any suggestions?

George S. Patton

macmic6

I did try the toll free number for the refurbisher and got an answering machine.

ROGETRAY wrote:We're sorry to hear that you received a defective unit. If you don't receive any help from Samsung, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know.

George S. Patton

dmpower

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dmpower

I just received mine and so far so good.

As for the screen becoming unresponsive - it does go to sleep rather quickly, but if you just tap the on/off button (do not hold it down) it will come out of sleep quickly.
Good luck

fullrotor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fullrotor

I got mine and it's working fine so far, except that I hear clicking noises from the left speaker, about half the time the water drop sound plays (which is constantly unless you change the defaults), and here and there otherwise even when no sound is otherwise playing, like when touching the arrow that brings up apps from the bottom center of the screen. Just a very quiet high-pitched pop/click, like the speaker circuit is being turned on/off. Anyone notice that? It seems like a huge pain to return a tablet for something like that, but I'm thinking it might start to drive me crazy after awhile, and it's not like these were THAT cheap...

macmic6

The screen froze, it was not asleep. I know the difference.

dmpower wrote:I just received mine and so far so good.

As for the screen becoming unresponsive - it does go to sleep rather quickly, but if you just tap the on/off button (do not hold it down) it will come out of sleep quickly.
Good luck

George S. Patton

Heymisterg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Heymisterg

~Got mine tueday in a black bag from fedex i'm just glad fedex diden't drop it on the porch,but everything works great other then the screen rotaion thing but its fine, it a great great table thx woot!

~Be The Screaming Monkey, a Woot Tee
~Random Crap
~Brick of Carbonite
~Nike Adult Hooded Fleece Sweatshirt
~Prospera Electronic Pulse Massager
~3-Watt Cree LED Aluminum Flashlight

dima63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dima63

Got mine today- The software has updated and rebooted about 10 times so far; I hope it stops! I'm thinking it's a bad unit.

chimunga

quality posts: 7 Private Messages chimunga

Now I'm all nervous mine's gonna be a screw-up. Had to ship mine to a family member who is shipping it to my PO box. They did tell me that it showed up in a box though, not a black bag, so there's a plus. Seriously? People got them shipped in black bags? That's a bit of a Wind! Tornado! Hide! moment.

dmpower

chimunga wrote:Now I'm all nervous mine's gonna be a screw-up. Had to ship mine to a family member who is shipping it to my PO box. They did tell me that it showed up in a box though, not a black bag, so there's a plus. Seriously? People got them shipped in black bags? That's a bit of a Wind! Tornado! Hide! moment.

Yeah I think they should all be returned to woot in their plastic bags - "Returned products must be received by Woot in the same condition as received by the customer."

chimunga

dmpower wrote:Yeah I think they should all be returned to woot in their plastic bags - "Returned products must be received by Woot in the same condition as received by the customer."

Well, this was drop shipped by the vendor, so I wouldn't strictly blame the poor shipping condition on woot. However, woot probably should have a firm talking-to with this particular vendor.

dmpower

chimunga wrote:Well, this was drop shipped by the vendor, so I wouldn't strictly blame the poor shipping condition on woot. However, woot probably should have a firm talking-to with this particular vendor.

I agree, but it is woot that has the warranty

coley2123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coley2123

Got mine after 9pm tonight (rough day for FedEx). It was boxed, but the •Docking Connector to USB Cable was missing - so... I have no means to charge the unit.

Great timing - arrived for the weekend and still can't use it!

ROGETRAY

Staff

coley2123 wrote:Got mine after 9pm tonight (rough day for FedEx). It was boxed, but the •Docking Connector to USB Cable was missing - so... I have no means to charge the unit.

Great timing - arrived for the weekend and still can't use it!

I'm sorry to hear that you're missing an accessory from your order.

Please email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be more than happy to help remedy the situation.

I've also pinged the staff to let them be aware of this issue.

wi77iam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wi77iam

Received mine yesterday via fedex. Plain white box, still had clear film wrap on back and sides. Looks to be in like-new condition. Covered up sticker on the box said "Walmart" on it.

Anyway, plugged it in and connected to the network. It immediately started doing updates, about 3 of them, ending up with Jelly Bean. It connected to my accounts and installed all of my apps.

This thing is fast and beautiful.

CrewFan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CrewFan

Got mine yesterday. Was in a 'refurb' box wrapped several times in the black plastic others have mentioned. Unit is in perfect condition. It does go to sleep very quickly, but comes back when the power button is pressed. I'll update to Jelly Bean over the weekend to see if it remedies the quick-to-sleep issue. Overall, very happy! Now that I have a tablet, I need to figure out what to do with it!

Thanks w00t!

ddrylie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ddrylie
CrewFan wrote:Got mine yesterday. Was in a 'refurb' box wrapped several times in the black plastic others have mentioned. Unit is in perfect condition. It does go to sleep very quickly, but comes back when the power button is pressed. I'll update to Jelly Bean over the weekend to see if it remedies the quick-to-sleep issue. Overall, very happy! Now that I have a tablet, I need to figure out what to do with it!

Thanks w00t!

The quick sleep thing is a setting, you can set it to what ever timing you want it. Not sure where exactly that setting is, as I'm at work and my Note 10.1 is at home.

I got it yesterday and did all the updates for it. No issues yet! My wife loves it already! (I had one and got this referb one for my wife, since she wanted one. Anniversary gift to her)

coley2123

ddrylie wrote:The quick sleep thing is a setting, you can set it to what ever timing you want it. Not sure where exactly that setting is, as I'm at work and my Note 10.1 is at home.

I got it yesterday and did all the updates for it. No issues yet! My wife loves it already! (I had one and got this referb one for my wife, since she wanted one. Anniversary gift to her)

@ ddrylie: you are correct, settings / display / screen timeout. Mine was set to 30 seconds upon arrival - which with no charger is just fine for now.

@ Rogetray - can you tell me historically if they will be able to provide the missing charger? I seem to have (crossing fingers, hating to "jinx" it) a good one with no noticed issues yet... I'd hate to have to return it for a missing piece. I'd rather just go buy one and have them credit it to my card but am pretty sure that's not an option. I'm guessing if it's shipped, it'll take another week which simply isn't fair because that eats almost 1/4 of the warranty period.... sorry, just venting. Anyway, I have emailed support, just before posting here - haven't heard back yet, just anxious I guess.

coley2123

coley2123 wrote:@ ddrylie: you are correct, settings / display / screen timeout. Mine was set to 30 seconds upon arrival - which with no charger is just fine for now.

@ Rogetray - can you tell me historically if they will be able to provide the missing charger? I seem to have (crossing fingers, hating to "jinx" it) a good one with no noticed issues yet... I'd hate to have to return it for a missing piece. I'd rather just go buy one and have them credit it to my card but am pretty sure that's not an option. I'm guessing if it's shipped, it'll take another week which simply isn't fair because that eats almost 1/4 of the warranty period.... sorry, just venting. Anyway, I have emailed support, just before posting here - haven't heard back yet, just anxious I guess.

@ Rotetray... Got my reply - but it was asking for the serial number? Not sure I understand why? I hope it doesn't stall the process to get the part shipped to me... I replied and am wondering if you can ping them again to look for the email so I can get the process going before the weekend....

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

coley2123 wrote:@ Rotetray... Got my reply - but it was asking for the serial number? Not sure I understand why? I hope it doesn't stall the process to get the part shipped to me... I replied and am wondering if you can ping them again to look for the email so I can get the process going before the weekend....

i've pinged our CS folks for you. they'll work as quickly as they can.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

coley2123

PemberDucky wrote:i've pinged our CS folks for you. they'll work as quickly as they can.

Thanks, I noticed they just assigned a new case number to my issue.

CrewFan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CrewFan
coley2123 wrote:you are correct, settings / display / screen timeout

Excellent! Thanks!

Tabatha38

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tabatha38
wi77iam wrote:Received mine yesterday via fedex. Plain white box, still had clear film wrap on back and sides. Looks to be in like-new condition. Covered up sticker on the box said "Walmart" on it.

Anyway, plugged it in and connected to the network. It immediately started doing updates, about 3 of them, ending up with Jelly Bean. It connected to my accounts and installed all of my apps.

This thing is fast and beautiful.

Received mine about 1 hr ago. Settings were set to 30min shutdown.
Came in white box, wraoped in black plastic, Walmart under sticker, and appears to be a factory refurb from TX. Had yellow sticker over s/n label on box. Updating firmware at this time.

erc8bv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erc8bv

Mine seems to work fine. Just updated to Jelly Bean.

fullrotor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fullrotor

So not only do I have the little audio click/pop thing going on, but using LayerPaint and any other sketch software, I have the little jump in the line described in this thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-10-1/231956-accuracy-s-pen.html

Anyone else notice this? I guess I'm going to need to do a return. Should have bought new, I guess? Frustrating.

dasnazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasnazz

Not workin out of the box. Would not boot past initial startup screen. Called tech support. They tried several boot sequences and could not get it going. Had to send it in for repair.

ROGETRAY

Staff

dasnazz wrote:Not workin out of the box. Would not boot past initial startup screen. Called tech support. They tried several boot sequences and could not get it going. Had to send it in for repair.

Sorry for the late response and to hear that you're experiencing problems with your purchase.

If you incur any further issues with your product, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to answer any questions or concerns you may have.

coley2123

coley2123 wrote:Thanks, I noticed they just assigned a new case number to my issue.

Wondering if any staff on the community board is willing to ping customer service to let them know I've sent the request they asked for just a few minutes ago....

Still in need of a charger and they said to follow up in a week if I don't receive it - unfortunately, I've seen and heard nothing yet.

Anxious to get this charger in my hand!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

coley2123 wrote:Wondering if any staff on the community board is willing to ping customer service to let them know I've sent the request they asked for just a few minutes ago....

Still in need of a charger and they said to follow up in a week if I don't receive it - unfortunately, I've seen and heard nothing yet.

Anxious to get this charger in my hand!

I don't blame you!
I'll give 'em a nudge.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

coley2123

PemberDucky wrote:I don't blame you!
I'll give 'em a nudge.

Many thanks - got my new reference number; hopefully I'll get a "you should receive this at your house tomorrow" reply.... but certainly won't be holding my breath (LOL - no actually sniffling... I want my charger)

chimunga

I know this discussion has been inactive for a while, but I wanted to add my two cents.

The packaging my tablet came in was just fine. It looked like something you would get from a store. It came with the charger and the little thingy to replace the heads of the S Pen, along with the replacements.

The tablet itself seems to be working wonderfully. When I took it out of the box, it even had those little annoying plastic strips everywhere to protect the body from scratching. Updated to jelly bean, works like a dream.