Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 3115 Private Messages lichme

Tons of reviews on HSN - around a 3 star avg

alexei27

quality posts: 9 Private Messages alexei27

Approx. 1.5 hrs / requires 2 people

yikes!!

...tryin to reason with hurricane season...

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3797 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Lets watch this in action courtesy of hsn

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1077 Private Messages whatsamattaU

$349.99 tonight, $50 cheaper than the last woot plus
http://www.woot.com/plus/pro-form-schwinn-other-fitness-machines-1
with one unusual comment from then:

dbuggr wrote:In my experience Proform is BAD. Customer service ranges from non-existent to insane: there was zero response or acknowledgment to my customer service requests for a big problem with the machine I bought.

Luckily I bought it from a local store with a customer-friendly return policy (Sports Authority).

A couple of months later, I started getting random replacement parts from ICON Fitness (the company that owns Pro-Form, Reebok, Nordic Track, etc). I continued getting random replacement parts on a random basis for the next 18 months. But there's only voicemail to answer phone calls.

Bizarre. Not something I'm willing to spend my money on again. I advise avoiding any of these brands completely.

Kankennon

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Kankennon

We bought a Pro-Form seated exercise bike two years ago from Sears and it broke almost immediately.

Are their ellipticals any better?

cyklust

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyklust
lichme wrote:Tons of reviews on HSN - around a 3 star avg

More bad reviews than positive ones on HSN. 112 reviewers gave the product 1 star. Many were delivered broken and several were unbalanced and noisy.

Dekortage

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Dekortage

I have an older ProForm elliptical. I've had to replace numerous parts on the thing, and it's neither cheap nor easy to do so. Even right out of the box, it squeaked and groaned at first use. I was near its supposed weight limit but not over.

Never buying ProForm again. I think it is designed for people who like exercise-shaped furniture more than actual exercise.

thebirdistheword

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thebirdistheword

Yeah, I'd avoid this purchase as well. We got it off of sport woot a couple of weeks ago. We put it together and like someone else says, it makes all sorts of, "I'm about to break and make you fall onto the floor" noises.

Plus the thing rocks back and forth. I'm 6'2", so the center of gravity is high when I am on it, and all that supports the machine is the not-so-wide feet at the base.

Good price, but I'm not too pleased.

dednkicking

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dednkicking
Dekortage wrote:I have an older ProForm elliptical. I've had to replace numerous parts on the thing, and it's neither cheap nor easy to do so. Even right out of the box, it squeaked and groaned at first use. I was near its supposed weight limit but not over.

Never buying ProForm again. I think it is designed for people who like exercise-shaped furniture more than actual exercise.

Or for people the size and athletic ability of furniture?

jlowe735

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlowe735

I have a Proform treadmill and have loved it. For $349 I think it is worth a shot. Doesn't look like your typical $349 walmart purchase. Ring me up!

ls3mach

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ls3mach

I ordered one for my significant other, she's been on me to get her one. Cancelled the order after reading all the negative about this company. Le sigh.

proform

quality posts: 1 Private Messages proform

Woot customers,
There are a few issues we would like to address as there have been concerns mentioned in this forum.

To put in perspective the HSN 1 star reviews, this has been a unit for them for the past two years and in which time there has been over 20,000 units sold. That is not an excuse for those reviews but we wanted to put in perspective the amount of units sold. Many of these reviews are more about assemble than they are about the machine. We want to make you aware that assemble is required and can be a timely process. We typically suggest the time of assemble to be in the time frame of 2 hours. No guarantees there maybe more but also maybe less.

Customer service has also been mentioned in this forum. We are constantly striving to make improvements to our company and realize there have been issues in the past. We would like to make you aware of what we are doing. In the last 6 months we have revamped our customer service program completely. First and major improvement is our customer service center has been brought in house. We have added agents, implemented new system for tracking quality issues and customer information, implemented a self help portion to our website, and continue to look for new ways to make our customer experience better.

We hope this will help with some of your concerns.

Thanks,
The Proform Team

cristalopez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cristalopez

alguien me dice cuanto pesa este producto para poder calcular cuanto me va a costar en realidad

rproffitt1955

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rproffitt1955

A similar model and I'm iffy on if I'd do this again. Here goes.

1. The belt inside would jump to the side and off.

After the 3rd failure I thought I'd look harder and found a piece of FOD or foreign material on the grooved wheel. Removed that and put it back together and it's been fine for the last year.

2. More about item 1. NEVER LOSE THE SLIM MANUAL or supplied tools.

This is not something I can look at and say "This comes off to get inside." The machine sat for 2 weeks because someone cleaned up and I waited for them to bring the booklet back.

At the price and if you are even a little mechanically inclined, it's an OK unit. Quite the savings and if it wasn't for the belt design or FOD I'd give it more stars.

But consider that most folk don't wear such things out so this did save you a pile of dough.

blueconversechucks

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blueconversechucks

Some things are just bad ideas for online purchases and large scale home fitness equipment has to be one of those categories. There are just so many things that can go wrong: assembly, noise, breakage, repair. It's hard enough to make exercise a habit without a shortcoming of the equipment getting in the way.

Buy something at REI or a place with a generous return policy. At least then if there is something minor that keeps you from using it, you can return it easily. For example, I got a bike trainer and it's too noisy--my downstairs neighbors complain. So at least I know now that if this stops me from using it enough to make it worth it, I have a good reason to return it.

To make an online purchase of equipment like this requires IMPECCABLE, TOP SHELF credentials from the manufacturer, which Pro-Form, and this device in particular, clearly lack. Don't do it.

Giraldo5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Giraldo5

Man i really wanted this but after these comments I think I'll be waiting around for a better company/product. Has anyone been satisfied? Is assembly easy but just time consuming?

escalante

quality posts: 8 Private Messages escalante
blueconversechucks wrote:Some things are just bad ideas for online purchases and large scale home fitness equipment has to be one of those categories. There are just so many things that can go wrong: assembly, noise, breakage, repair. It's hard enough to make exercise a habit without a shortcoming of the equipment getting in the way.

Buy something at REI or a place with a generous return policy. At least then if there is something minor that keeps you from using it, you can return it easily. For example, I got a bike trainer and it's too noisy--my downstairs neighbors complain. So at least I know now that if this stops me from using it enough to make it worth it, I have a good reason to return it.

To make an online purchase of equipment like this requires IMPECCABLE, TOP SHELF credentials from the manufacturer, which Pro-Form, and this device in particular, clearly lack. Don't do it.

This is a quality post, and i agree with it totally. That said i had an excellent purchase with this item;: http://sellout.woot.com/offers/schwinn-131-upright-exercise-bike

Yea, i know, does not help with this purchase.