WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Gamo Refurbished Air Rifles

Shoot, what was I supposed to write about? I was gunning to have a good day of writing, but I can't remember my assignments. Maybe I should take a nap and reload, or maybe if I rifle through my notes, it'll trigger something in my memory. Actually, forget it. I'm just gonna give up for now and aim to have a better day tomorrow.
Gamo USA official site

Quality Posts

ApexSpeed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ApexSpeed

Why can't an air rifle be shipped to Illinois? Has nothing to do with actual gun laws... air pistols and rifles are sold at Walmart. Shipping BB and pellet guns should not have any shipping restrictions, AFAIK.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ApexSpeed wrote:Why can't an air rifle be shipped to Illinois? Has nothing to do with actual gun laws... air pistols and rifles are sold at Walmart. Shipping BB and pellet guns should not have any shipping restrictions, AFAIK.

This might help. Looks like it's the FOID card and withhold delivery that causes the problem. Just my guess. I'm no expert. I just googled.

Time to talk to your state representatives.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

RonnyBoy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RonnyBoy

Any suggestions on getting one of these for a resident of Illinois? I can get the gun sent to California, but how do I get it to Illinois from California? Will airlines allow me to bring the bb gun back from California?

I joined on April 15, 2005, instead of working on my taxes. The hell with taxes.

freeze916

quality posts: 1 Private Messages freeze916

Have it shipped to someone in California, then have them rebox it and ship it to you labeled as wrapping paper tubes or something similar shaped.

RonnyBoy wrote:Any suggestions on getting one of these for a resident of Illinois? I can get the gun sent to California, but how do I get it to Illinois from California? Will airlines allow me to bring the bb gun back from California?

first2summit

quality posts: 8 Private Messages first2summit
RonnyBoy wrote:Will airlines allow me to bring the bb gun back from California?

Yes but you have to follow the rules, i.e. unloaded, no CO2 cartridge, locked case, declared, and checked luggage.

dviglino

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dviglino

With .22 prices and availability the way they are, plinking with .177 pellet rifles is sure looking cheap...

Misterphatty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Misterphatty
first2summit wrote:Yes but you have to follow the rules, i.e. unloaded, no CO2 cartridge, locked case, declared, and checked luggage.

Do these use C02?

cdubbya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdubbya

The Whisper Cat arrived the other day. I have another Gamo break barrel, which was okay. The Whisper cat is a bit quieter, so shooting at rodents late at night in the barn is a little more tolerable. Nice price, too!

first2summit

Misterphatty wrote:Do these use C02?

Sorry, I was writing about air guns in general. No, these aren't CO2 powered.

macmic6

quality posts: 3 Private Messages macmic6

FOID has nothing to do with it. I just ordered a Crossman from Amazon with no problem. It shipped to my house and no signature required. Not sure what WOOT is doing with this restriction but Amazon, pyramid Air and others have no problem shipping to me in Illinois.

ThunderThighs wrote:This might help. Looks like it's the FOID card and withhold delivery that causes the problem. Just my guess. I'm no expert. I just googled.

Time to talk to your state representatives.

Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.
George S. Patton

highvolt82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highvolt82

Same thing here in Michigan. My friend really wants one of these for pest control, but we can't have it shipped here (and no, we're nowhere near Detroit).

macmic6 wrote:FOID has nothing to do with it. I just ordered a Crossman from Amazon with no problem. It shipped to my house and no signature required. Not sure what WOOT is doing with this restriction but Amazon, pyramid Air and others have no problem shipping to me in Illinois.

scottaking

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scottaking
macmic6 wrote:FOID has nothing to do with it. I just ordered a Crossman from Amazon with no problem. It shipped to my house and no signature required. Not sure what WOOT is doing with this restriction but Amazon, pyramid Air and others have no problem shipping to me in Illinois.

According to http://www.isp.state.il.us/foid/firearmsfaq.cfm it is because of foid. Anything in excess of 700 fps is considered a firearm.

Benny1345

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Benny1345
Misterphatty wrote:Do these use C02?

No. Single cocking breakbarrel charges a spring cylinder with air.

neuromonic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neuromonic
RonnyBoy wrote:Any suggestions on getting one of these for a resident of Illinois? I can get the gun sent to California, but how do I get it to Illinois from California? Will airlines allow me to bring the bb gun back from California?

The internet consensus is that airguns with a velocity over 700fps or that shoot a bullet caliber greater than .18 are considered firearms in your state. PyramidAir will cancel your order if you try to have an air-rifle that falls under this category to your state.

You get get an FOID and buy an airgun from a dealer in your state. :-/ You may want to check on the legality of purchasing an airgun out-of-state and bringing it back to illinois. It may be considered "importing a firearm". Most states have laws against that. You don't want to become a felon over a glorified bb gun.

devenson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devenson

Just wondering if saving $25 is worth it for refurbished? Where did they come from? What did they have to do to them to get refurbished?

crashwg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crashwg

Next time you're doing an air rifle sale Woot, try and get some .22 caliber rifles.

pflieger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pflieger
scottaking wrote:According to http://www.isp.state.il.us/foid/firearmsfaq.cfm it is because of foid. Anything in excess of 700 fps is considered a firearm.

So Chuck Norris's fists are considered firearms?

ozzallos

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ozzallos
pflieger wrote:So Chuck Norris's fists are considered firearms?

No, they're considered firearms based on Chuck Norris' fists as the standard :p

nmchapma

quality posts: 23 Private Messages nmchapma
pflieger wrote:So Chuck Norris's fists are considered firearms?

I'd more call his fists the bullets. It is well known that his arms are considered highly dangerous, massively destructive guns which no one would ever attempt to handle much less ship.

daconkli2003

quality posts: 2 Private Messages daconkli2003
nmchapma wrote:I'd more call his fists the bullets. It is well known that his arms are considered highly dangerous, massively destructive guns which no one would ever attempt to handle much less ship.

No, These are firearms...

-Sparky the SKUM

first2summit

devenson wrote:Just wondering if saving $25 is worth it for refurbished? Where did they come from? What did they have to do to them to get refurbished?

For $25 diff, I'd buy new. They've probably been refurbed by Gamo to their standards and does have the 1 year warranty but why risk it for $25. That said, it could just be a fired a few times, returned, inspection, and re-packaging.

SinnFein

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SinnFein
crashwg wrote:Next time you're doing an air rifle sale Woot, try and get some .22 caliber rifles.

Exactly.

jackmcdowell

quality posts: 18 Private Messages jackmcdowell

I just had to use my Varmint Stalker from a previous Woot to take care of an opossum that beheaded 2 of my chickens. So, I would recommend these to anyone who has a varmint problem in their backyard. While people claim that the noise from these rifles is louder than a 22lr, my neighbors didn't hear any noise, and it did sound a lot more "springy" than an actual firearm.

gr8guns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gr8guns
Benny1345 wrote:No. Single cocking breakbarrel charges a spring cylinder with air.

The Bone collector uses the nitro gas power plant

martyo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages martyo

Why are you restricting delivery to some zip codes in FLorida (330xx)? The state legislature has prevented any local government setting restrictions on them.

"The state legislature has preempted the regulation of firearms and ammunition. No political subdivision of the state may bring legal action against a firearms or ammunition manufacturer or distributor for the legal manufacture, marketing, distribution, and sale of firearms and ammunition."

source: http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-laws/florida.aspx#

Jefiner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jefiner

No problem getting it shipped to Arizona; however, Bank of America *will not* authorize the sale. Apparently, BoA disapproves of my purchases and won't let me spend *my* money on what I want. Screw 'em anyways; I used another credit card. And on Monday, I am going down to my local BoA branch and closing out all my accounts. I've been with BoA for almost thirty years, but I refuse to let them dictate to me how, where and on what I spend my dutifully earned wages.

ThunderThighs

Staff

martyo wrote:Why are you restricting delivery to some zip codes in FLorida (330xx)? The state legislature has prevented any local government setting restrictions on them.

"The state legislature has preempted the regulation of firearms and ammunition. No political subdivision of the state may bring legal action against a firearms or ammunition manufacturer or distributor for the legal manufacture, marketing, distribution, and sale of firearms and ammunition."

source: http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-laws/florida.aspx#

It's best to look up your state's laws. Shipping is an entirely different thing because it bypasses all waiting periods, IDs, etc. This is often what prohibits shipping.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pgandarde

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pgandarde
ApexSpeed wrote:Why can't an air rifle be shipped to Illinois? Has nothing to do with actual gun laws... air pistols and rifles are sold at Walmart. Shipping BB and pellet guns should not have any shipping restrictions, AFAIK.

MA has no such laws either. Woot just has no B A L L S. to go against the AG's "strong suggestions" With all this 2nd Admenment crap going on you may lose me WOOT as a customer. Take a stand!

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

Do better at the poles next election.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll
Jefiner wrote:No problem getting it shipped to Arizona; however, Bank of America *will not* authorize the sale. Apparently, BoA disapproves of my purchases and won't let me spend *my* money on what I want. Screw 'em anyways; I used another credit card. And on Monday, I am going down to my local BoA branch and closing out all my accounts. I've been with BoA for almost thirty years, but I refuse to let them dictate to me how, where and on what I spend my dutifully earned wages.

Good for you!!!!! Be sure to let them know exactly why you are pulling your funds while you are at it.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Exactly why would take decades to relate. To sum it up: http://bankofamericasucks.com

Gamo scopes stink. The guns are decent. .22 would be an appealing option. Refurbished air gun without at least a brand new spare power plant doesn't sound with the risk for less than t least 50% off. Nice try. No deal.

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

Jefiner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jefiner
charliecarroll wrote:Good for you!!!!! Be sure to let them know exactly why you are pulling your funds while you are at it.

Oh, I will. The branch manager is a helpless victim, but I have a list of address going all the way up the food chain at BoA to the top carrion eaters.

philosopherott

quality posts: 3 Private Messages philosopherott

Yes as long as you have a locking case. Their is more to it than that but check both the TSA guidelines and the regs for the airline you will be flying. Some go way above and beyond the TSA regs for flying with a weapon in checked baggage. also get their very early because if you get a new person at baggage checkin you are going to get hassled. also bring the TSA and airline guidelines w/ you just in case.

dneudecker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dneudecker

Has anyone's rifle shipped yet?? Ugh! Woot is so slow to ship! All the empty beer cans in my garage are laughing at me and I need to give them what for!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dneudecker wrote:Has anyone's rifle shipped yet?? Ugh! Woot is so slow to ship! All the empty beer cans in my garage are laughing at me and I need to give them what for!

DUDE(TTE), the sale only started on Thursday. There's a weekend in there. Tell your beer cans that it'll be just a while longer. Stomp on a few to show them who's boss.

Usual verbage: While often faster, we ask that you allow up to 5 business days for order process and shipping out. These are drop shipped so we have to send the orders to the vendor and they have to ship a tracking file back to us.

FORUM MODERATOR

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
ThunderThighs wrote:

Usual verbage: While often faster, we ask that you allow up to 5 business days for order process and shipping out. These are drop shipped so we have to send the orders to the vendor and they have to ship a tracking file back to us.

that was fun while it lasted!

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin
pgandarde wrote:MA has no such laws either. Woot just has no B A L L S. to go against the AG's "strong suggestions" With all this 2nd Admenment crap going on you may lose me WOOT as a customer. Take a stand!

B A L L S has nothing to do with it,Ma has age restrictions on air rifles so you can't ship to MA because there is no way to check the age of the person ordering one."2nd Admenment crap" what is that anyway.Think it over I'm sure Woot would hate to lose a good customer like you

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
Jefiner wrote:Bank of America *will not* authorize the sale. Apparently, BoA disapproves of my purchases and won't let me spend *my* money on what I want.

And you have a BofA card, why..?

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin

So, which is quieter, the Bone or the Cat? I got sensitive neighbors here.

CT