WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

MiiKey Bluetooth Headphones & Chargers

Are you in the market for a high-performance Bluetooth headset with a silly name? Forget the Wowowow Head-Graft, the AingoLoop BRAINthud, and the Malarkyduck Earnose -- you want the MiiKey MiiRhythm. 
MiiKey official site

amorphousalias

quality posts: 5 Private Messages amorphousalias

Is there a way to lock the controls on these? I would purchase them to wear to sleep if I can be sure that I won't 'press' the buttons by lying down.

pfajardo19

quality posts: 9 Private Messages pfajardo19

Great headphones, but batteries fail after about 2-3 months and customer service is non-existent. Buy at your own risk. Too bad, good headphones while they last, but bad battery design!! About 40% failure rate = way, way too high for the money!

come2thedarkside

pfajardo19

quality posts: 9 Private Messages pfajardo19
pfajardo19 wrote:Great headphones, but batteries fail after about 2-3 months and customer service is non-existent. Buy at your own risk. Too bad, good headphones while they last, but bad battery design!! About 40% failure rate = way, way too high for the money!

They've been discontinued and if the battery fails like most do, you're screwed!!!

come2thedarkside

amorphousalias

quality posts: 5 Private Messages amorphousalias

You quoted yourself? I get being bothered but that is… odd.

mrbarister

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mrbarister
amorphousalias wrote:Is there a way to lock the controls on these? I would purchase them to wear to sleep if I can be sure that I won't 'press' the buttons by lying down.

Doubtful, most headphones aren't durable enough for sleep. One reviewer on Amazon stated that he felt like the larger ones are fragile enough to break if dropped. I have a speaker on each side of my twin bed and a little subwoofer underneath.

mrbarister

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mrbarister
pfajardo19 wrote:Great headphones, but batteries fail after about 2-3 months and customer service is non-existent. Buy at your own risk. Too bad, good headphones while they last, but bad battery design!! About 40% failure rate = way, way too high for the money!

You're right a bout the smaller rythems, but there don't seem to be any complaints about the larger ones... Yet.

videogrinch

quality posts: 4 Private Messages videogrinch

I have that battery, only a different name on it and cheaper. Works very well.

http://www.amazon.com/5600mAh-Capacity-Portable-External-Flashlight/dp/B005K7192G

Scrappbasket

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Scrappbasket

Would the charger work with the iPhone 5? I don't have one, but I'd like to buy this for someone who does. Would we need an additional adapter? Thanks in advance for a reply.

johnrusswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnrusswoot

Since everyone invariably checks Amazon reviews and there aren't many reviews out there, see this (most popular negative) review on the MiiSport headphones:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3OXUJKD5LIF26

The high marks on Amazon are inflated by most likely fraudulent reviews.

atomizer

quality posts: 13 Private Messages atomizer
johnrusswoot wrote:Since everyone invariably checks Amazon reviews and there aren't many reviews out there, see this (most popular negative) review on the MiiSport headphones:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3OXUJKD5LIF26

The high marks on Amazon are inflated by most likely fraudulent reviews.

I saw a lot of one-sentence reviews for this item on Amazon written in broken English by people with unusual names and only a single review to their account. Then there were similar accounts with multiple reviews but they were of the exact same items. What are the odds that multiple [real] people review two separate MiiKey headphones as well as a book called "No Teeth Jeff"? I guess the fake reviewers are changing their tactics....

83 Woot-offs; 4 random craps

johnrusswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnrusswoot
atomizer wrote:I saw a lot of one-sentence reviews for this item on Amazon written in broken English by people with unusual names and only a single review to their account. Then there were similar accounts with multiple reviews but they were of the exact same items. What are the odds that multiple [real] people review two separate MiiKey headphones as well as a book called "No Teeth Jeff"? I guess the fake reviewers are changing their tactics....

What?