2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Sarzanini

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Sarzanini

"Glorious Leader's world-famous seven-alarm turkey chili."..... That actually sounds pretty good right now.

dashard

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dashard
ThunderThighs wrote:Where did you see these reviews? Make sure you looking at the right model.

Amazon. http://goo.gl/ShmTG

[MOD: Different set. See my post below.]

pimpjuice2272

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pimpjuice2272

I know it says not recommended for induction cooktops but has anyone ever tried it? If so, success or failure?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dashard wrote:Amazon. http://goo.gl/ShmTG

Different Pans.

Those are Cuisinart 55-10BK Advantage.

We are selling Cuisinart 56-10BK Kitchen Pro.

Our set is different than the one you are looking at on Amazon:

The vessels are the only similarities. The nonstick coating and the handles are different. They are applied after production. During production, the same size/shape molds are used to create the same vessels.

Bubbling will almost always happen when nonstick surfaces are used in the dishwasher. The drying part of the dishwasher is what makes most nonsticks "bubble". Hand washing is still "recommended".

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

1. Do the glass lids fit the skillets?

2. This is an affordable price but I wonder about the nonstick surface. I also wonder on the 350 degree limit. And I wonder if many of would need all those pieces right now. I've been buildling my collection of better quality cookware (tri-ply) piece by piece, mostly at Woot (bring back the American Kitchen pieces, Woot buyers!)

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

ThunderThighs

Staff

smartheart wrote:1. Do the glass lids fit the skillets?

2. This is an affordable price but I wonder about the nonstick surface. I also wonder on the 350 degree limit. And I wonder if many of would need all those pieces right now. I've been buildling my collection of better quality cookware (tri-ply) piece by piece, mostly at Woot (bring back the American Kitchen pieces, Woot buyers!)

I'll have to check on the lids.
UPDATE: The lids do not fit the skillets.

The nonstick is Whitford Non-Stick.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou
smartheart wrote:1. Do the glass lids fit the skillets?

I'm pretty sure the 350 degree oven limit is for the handles on the stuff with handles.

Outside of that, look at cast iron. Has a 1000 degree limit!

steve

ThunderThighs

Staff

Just heard back from the buyer. Our set is different than the one you are looking at on Amazon:

The vessels are the only similarities. The nonstick coating and the handles are different. They are applied after production. During production, the same size/shape molds are used to create the same vessels.

Bubbling will almost always happen when nonstick surfaces are used in the dishwasher. The drying part of the dishwasher is what makes most nonsticks "bubble". Hand washing is still "recommended".

cantharis

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cantharis

I think you people are asking too much, $70 for 6 pots/pans so that's $10/piece and the 4 lids are for $10 but i guess you expect All-Clad quality for $70 :-)

just saying..

sedge10

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sedge10

I have this set. Decent for the price. I paid much more. I don't cook much but this is better than what I had as a college student.

Spectr3

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Spectr3

Having rarely ever posted here before I feel like after finding this I must.

http://reviews.bedbathandbeyond.com/2009/BBB109144/reviews.htm

1 of 9 recommend. Rest are 1 of 5 star reviews.

This has quickly turned me off of buying these.

Yes the reviews do say "Kitchen Pro" and not "Advantage" so this seems to be a match.

I'm a bit bummed, these looked like a fantastic bargain.

Darksoul13

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Darksoul13
ThunderThighs wrote:Different Pans.

Those are Cuisinart 55-10BK Advantage.

We are selling Cuisinart 56-10BK Kitchen Pro.

Our set is different than the one you are looking at on Amazon:

After reading this, its a deal-breaker. It will be a quick peel after a few heavy uses. Bought a set like this (possibly the same) and it began to stick after a few months. Eggs where becoming "speckled" with pepper and haven't used any seasoning.

Silly Rabbit......

skuzzlebutt5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skuzzlebutt5

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/1/14726-cuisinart-kitchen-pro-aluminum-11-piece-cookware-set.html

Bed Bath and Beyond has this set for $99.99.

Bought it here and saved ~$30.

barb1020

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barb1020

I

Spectr3 wrote:Having rarely ever posted here before I feel like after finding this I must.

Yes the reviews do say "Kitchen Pro" and not "Advantage" so this seems to be a match.

thank you for your information it helped me. i have been looking for a good set for a while now. I guess this is not the one for me.

grumbler

quality posts: 1 Private Messages grumbler

I got these here six months or so ago, and have had no issues. The non-stick is better than that on my Calphalon pots, though I can't say as to the longevity of it. In six months of near-daily use, though, the non-stick works as well as it did on day one.

These aren't great quality. They are fairly light and don't heat as evenly as the Calphalon pieces I have. They are good quality, though, and I think they were well worth the price I paid.

bluemaple

quality posts: 66 Private Messages bluemaple

Many of our pans are on their last non-stick-legs so we know we need replacements. Have held off due to not wanting to get 'stuck' with crappy pans.

What's up with all the talk about the government and non-stick coatings?

Are the concerns about older coatings actually valid or only valid to test rats?

And does that mean the replacement coatings are less effective/durable?

[He is *not* interested in any fly-by-late-nighter cheapo pan advert advice!]

lorenzodemedici

quality posts: 36 Private Messages lorenzodemedici

I'm not buying pots and pans today, but the introduction piece they wrote about North Korea had me laughing out loud more than once. Bravo, staff writer!

I don't know the fine points of cookware, but you aren't going to get the top of the line stuff for $70. Even if these are light duty pans, they're still a bargain. Genuine restaurant grade cookware costs more than that for one piece.

hdtvcamera

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hdtvcamera

Not exactly giant cookware. For a couple the size would be OK not so much for a family.

audiodragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages audiodragon
cantharis wrote:I think you people are asking too much, $70 for 6 pots/pans so that's $10/piece and the 4 lids are for $10 but i guess you expect All-Clad quality for $70 :-)

just saying..

You mean All-Clad quality for $260...

$70 isn't the retail price. Just sayin...

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 93 Private Messages radi0j0hn
bluemaple wrote:Many of our pans are on their last non-stick-legs so we know we need replacements. Have held off due to not wanting to get 'stuck' with crappy pans.

Are the concerns about older coatings actually valid or only valid to test rats?

This may be interesting:

http://www.starlingtalk.com/warning.htm

"The San Antonio Zoo in Texas lost 21 birds in an outdoor aviary awhile back. Their death was caused when the birds gathered by lights that the zoo had installed so that the birds could warm themselves in an outdoor aviary. The bulbs had been coated with PTFE"

If, when overheated, it can knock a parrot off it's perch, do you really want to use it and breath it as well?

(I guess it's your bloodstream, so you can do to it as you wish.)

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

amankangna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amankangna

Can woot ship this international(to India)?

radi0j0hn

amankangna wrote:Can woot ship this international(to India)?

Funny, I'm buying quality stainless steel products FROM India!

ThunderThighs

Staff

amankangna wrote:Can woot ship this international(to India)?

Sorry but the only site that ships outside the United States is shirt.woot.com.

tnord

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tnord
skou wrote:I'm pretty sure the 350 degree oven limit is for the handles on the stuff with handles.

Outside of that, look at cast iron. Has a 1000 degree limit!

steve

With all non-stick coated cookware you do not ever want to cook on higher than "medium" on your cooktop, the same would apply for the oven. You will destroy the non-stick quality of the cookware.

billthegunowner

quality posts: 12 Private Messages billthegunowner

These look identical to the Kitchen Aid set that I bought off of Woot about 6 months ago. They look like they were designed by the same person. I like the Kitchen Aid ones alot.

Bill

LTSami

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LTSami
Spectr3 wrote:Having rarely ever posted here before I feel like after finding this I must.

Thank you for the link, I almost purchased this set but after reading the reviews in the link you provided I decided to pass on this deal. I never had any bad experience with Cuisinart product & very shocked to see that kind of review about this set.

bek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bek
dashard wrote:Amazon. http://goo.gl/ShmTG

[MOD: Different set. See my post below.]

I would never compare Woot prices to Amazon prices, since Amazon now owns Woot.

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
bek wrote:I would never compare Woot prices to Amazon prices, since Amazon now owns Woot.

Please explain.

auctionsaver

quality posts: 19 Private Messages auctionsaver

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
auctionsaver wrote:seriously????

http://www.woot.com/blog/post/video-we-got-acquired-by-amazon

Even if the price-setting here isn't necessarily at arm's-length from Amazon, there's often enough of a differential to make the Amazon price worth noting. And in cases where the Woot price isn't much lower than Amazon's (as increasingly seems to be the case), isn't that all the more reason to be paying attention to what Amazon is charging? That's why I was asking for the OP's rationale for never comparing the two.

bonesandjones

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonesandjones

I don't know about differences in model numbers, but we got a set that looks just like this one 6 years ago and it still works perfectly.
Of course, we take good care of them. We're not anal about it, but we don't use sharp metal objects to stir our food ferociously. yes we put them in the dishwasher, we have used metal utensils when the plastic turners/spatulas were dirty and we even stack them on top of each other in out cabinets (which some people refuse to do since it scratches the non-stick surface).

all in all, I would say that I am impressed by how perfect they still work after 6 years for being such a cheap (*ahem* I mean affordable) set.

erinnstreeter

quality posts: 6 Private Messages erinnstreeter

We owned a set of these for almost two years, and just recently upgraded to the all stainless style set (they're very similar, just without the grips on the handles and lids and no nonstick coating).

To be honest, we basically abused them, which is probably why I had to replace them so soon. My fiance dropped the big pot on the kitchen floor and it bent it into a slightly oblong shape so that the lid wouldn't fit snugly anymore. I burned something in the small sauce pan and the nonstick coating was never right again after that. Someone scraped the skillet's nonstick with a metal utensil (not during cooking, but I think it happened when dishes were being moved around in the kitchen during the washing phase, like a fork fell into the bottom of the pan).

Honestly, we needed to buy a more durable set that could stand up to the sad way we treat our cookware. So I'll probably never buy a set like this again. That being said, this is about $30 cheaper than what we bought ours for, so if you can be trusted to take care of them, I'm sure they'll be used in your kitchen for longer than ours were.

tglit76

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tglit76
LTSami wrote: I never had any bad experience with Cuisinart product & very shocked to see that kind of review about this set.

I think Cuisinart may be "harvesting their brand" - i.e., selling lower quality stuff that people will buy because of the Cuisinart name. I've bought 3 Cuisinart items over the past few years - because of the reputation - and two of them have broken before the warranty period was up.

I bought a food processor and a rice cooker at the same time. We make rice almost every day. It broke in about 18 months, and I had to pay $10 to get a replacement, which was warrantied only for the remaining 18 months of three years from when I bought the first one. So far the food processor's ok, but I only use that a couple of times a month.

I bought a Cuisinart meat-temperature fork, and it broke - unreadable digital display - after a couple of months. Called Cuisinart - surpise, they don't service the warranty on that, I had to call another company in Brooklyn.

The Brooklyn company did cheerfully send me another one - good on them - but I'm burned on Cuisinart now.

rsewill

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rsewill

A good tip I found is to keep the bottom of the pan always covered with what you are cooking. Any gaps between your food allow that area of metal to get much hotter (hot spots). That said, I prefer thicker metal because it will be less likely to have hot spots. And I will pay the extra price for thicker metal.

dallasdano

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dallasdano

I tend to agree with you. I've been a fan for a long time, but I've noticed a decline in quality that came with the decline in price. They're no longer considered those among the top anymore...especially with their electrical appliances.

Their stainless steel steamer is the exception. If you use a thermometer, the temperature control is excellent and can be used as a sous vide cooker...not perfect, but sticks to within a degree or two.

I'm gonna pass on these though.

tglit76 wrote:I think Cuisinart may be "harvesting their brand" - i.e., selling lower quality stuff that people will buy because of the Cuisinart name. I've bought 3 Cuisinart items over the past few years - because of the reputation - and two of them have broken before the warranty period was up.
I bought a food processor and a rice cooker at the same time. We make rice almost every day. It broke in about 18 months, and I had to pay $10 to get a replacement, which was warrantied only for the remaining 18 months of three years from when I bought the first one. So far the food processor's ok, but I only use that a couple of times a month.

I bought a Cuisinart meat-temperature fork, and it broke - unreadable digital display - after a couple of months. Called Cuisinart - surpise, they don't service the warranty on that, I had to call another company in Brooklyn.

The Brooklyn company did cheerfully send me another one - good on them - but I'm burned on Cuisinart now.

radi0j0hn

tglit76 wrote:I think Cuisinart may be "harvesting their brand" - i.e., selling lower quality stuff that people will buy because of the Cuisinart name. I've bought 3 Cuisinart items over the past few years - because of the reputation - and two of them have broken before the warranty period was up.

You are right on target. Another (former)quality brand name being schlepped to people on lesser quality items. My coffee grinder died in 6 months, the coatings on my grill (bought here) flaked off in six months.

radi0j0hn

billthegunowner wrote:These look identical to the Kitchen Aid set that I bought off of Woot about 6 months ago. They look like they were designed by the same person. I like the Kitchen Aid ones alot.

Probably same Chinese factory, different name.

radi0j0hn

pimpjuice2272 wrote:I know it says not recommended for induction cooktops but has anyone ever tried it? If so, success or failure?

Induction needs iron or cheaper grade stainless steel.

bluemaple

quality posts: 66 Private Messages bluemaple

bluemaple wrote:
Many of our pans are on their last non-stick-legs so we know we need replacements. Have held off due to not wanting to get 'stuck' with crappy pans.

radi0j0hn wrote:This may be interesting:

http://www.starlingtalk.com/warning.htm

"The San Antonio Zoo in Texas lost 21 birds in an outdoor aviary awhile back. Their death was caused when the birds gathered by lights that the zoo had installed so that the birds could warm themselves in an outdoor aviary. The bulbs had been coated with PTFE"

If, when overheated, it can knock a parrot off it's perch, do you really want to use it and breath it as well?

(I guess it's your bloodstream, so you can do to it as you wish.)

Hmmm, that would be another rat test.

I eat and love chocolate, but would never give it to my dog since it could kill him.