billrhea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billrhea

Ever since Amazon bought woot the deal have SUCKED!

pennstjeff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pennstjeff

Pricing of this watch has been odd. For awhile last year it had been reduced to around $150 and had hovered between $130-$150 on amazon for most of the second half of 2012.

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/07/16/motorola-motoactv-drops-significantly-in-price-to-149-includes-30-watch-strap/

I grabbed one during a quick sale late in the year from Adorama for $99 (with watch strap but no heart monitor). Then it seemed to rocket back up to $250 for 2013 which made no sense as it continued to become a bit dated.

Given the pricing history, this seems like a terrible deal.

thelopez8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thelopez8
pennstjeff wrote:Pricing of this watch has been odd. For awhile last year it had been reduced to around $150 and had hovered between $130-$150 on amazon for most of the second half of 2012.

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/07/16/motorola-motoactv-drops-significantly-in-price-to-149-includes-30-watch-strap/

I grabbed one during a quick sale late in the year from Adorama for $99 (with watch strap but no heart monitor). Then it seemed to rocket back up to $250 for 2013 which made no sense as it continued to become a bit dated.

Given the pricing history, this seems like a terrible deal.

the following link 'might' explain the recent price hike...

http://androidandme.com/2011/12/devices/motoactv-rooted-and-running-honeycomb-launcher-much-smoother-than-we-would-think/

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

Is there a way to dim, or to sleep the watch? I'd hate to be THAT person in a movie theater.

that was fun while it lasted!

Spaztrick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spaztrick

I was wondering if this is the right product for me. I currently use Run Keeper on my smartphone, but this summer I'm heading to Germany & Italy and will not be taking my phone. I can't decide if I want this, a Forerunner, or a Nike+ watch. I'm really just interested in the mapping, average pace, and calories burned.

Any suggestions as to which would be better?

The200sx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages The200sx
expertune wrote:I really really want to buy one of this. It's a great idea. However, I never bought one based on the researches I had done in the past.

The problem is the battery life. I am a slow runner, I can't imagine, after 3 hours of a marathon race, the battery dies..... then what?

I have this watch, use it primarily for golf but I have used it running off road trails as well. As long as you do not keep the screen on the whole time, you could easily squeeze 8-10 hours out of it. During a round of golf(about 4 hours) I am left with 60-40% battery life.

98Heap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 98Heap

One of my favorite gadgets. I have used mine for over a year almost daily in sun, sweat, rain, sleet, and even snow and will be sick if/when it does stop working. The bluetooth MP3 player, gps, and automatic uploads to www.motoactv.com work great for me. I can get three or four days of running on one battery charge, so no real complaints on the final firmware.

thelopez8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thelopez8
bpr2 wrote:Is there a way to dim, or to sleep the watch? I'd hate to be THAT person in a movie theater.

yes and yes, several different settings for each.

gsuslikesme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsuslikesme
StanleyS wrote:Let me get this straight: you got yours for *free* and *you* broke it. Then you expect Motorola to fix it for *free*. They refused. Welcome to the real world.

AWESOME SAUCE!!!
that dude was mowing his yard with 2 expensive watches on...WHAT!?!

IcemanIV

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IcemanIV
radi0j0hn wrote:Ugly IMHO. You'll never get a date while wearing one.

Well you should be working out, ie moving your arms and legs so they shouldn't be able to get too good a look at it and anyways I don't think if you're working out the first thing anyone is going to notice is your fitness watch!

retropug

quality posts: 2 Private Messages retropug

Just buy one to amaze people by playing GTA 3 and MARIO Kart 64 on your wrist. Make sure you are driving and eating a burrito when you do this.

dcheller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcheller
The200sx wrote:I have this watch, use it primarily for golf but I have used it running off road trails as well. As long as you do not keep the screen on the whole time, you could easily squeeze 8-10 hours out of it. During a round of golf(about 4 hours) I am left with 60-40% battery life.

Golf works on the 8 GB model? I thought only on the 16 GB...

vi6vi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vi6vi
dcheller wrote:Golf works on the 8 GB model? I thought only on the 16 GB...

GOLF SW Can only be loaded on the 16GB model. It DOES NOT work with the 8GB model.

jolthammer

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jolthammer

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_detail/a_id/72636/p/8199,8200#

Golf definitely works on the 8GB model. The newest software/driver update added golf to all 8GB and 16GB devices. Works great too.