12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 3178 Private Messages lichme

Many Many positive reviews with 4.5 star avg

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

taimeili

quality posts: 6 Private Messages taimeili

VIZIO is one of the biggest TV manufacturers now, they do make pretty good quality TV set. This TV's screen viewing angle is pretty good. Also the sound quality is top notch. I have a 720p tv 32 inch at home, it gets the job done. If you are in a budget, this one is the one to go for.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3908 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Read (and watch) this "very good" review over at cnet

libbytits

quality posts: 0 Private Messages libbytits

I recently bought a 24" LG TV (not from woot) that sometimes gets a horizontal line of inconsistency when there's a lot of fast movement on the screen. I assume this is the "refresh rate issue" people talk about on TVs. I thought I read that this is associated with it being 60hz? Would this TV possibly have the same issue?

budd0413

quality posts: 5 Private Messages budd0413

This tv will replace that stupid roku remote!

Villainous Victorian Velociraptor, We Carves People, Fuming Mad, Air Defense, Chucknorium, Seasons Greatings, The Umbrellas, On The Road Again, Come On, Capon, Meme Parade, Be my Chum, longshot #1, tofu: foods master of disguise, Rosebud, Fractal Tree, Coffee Levels Critical, By your powers combined, Poker game, Too much catnip

jeffdoh

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jeffdoh

I have this TV (and just bought the vizo 65" from moofi). We're very happy with the TV. The apps are really helpful if you use Amazon Instant Video or Netflix. Some have opined that the apps run a little slow and I would agree with that, especially youtube, for some reason. But the good news is that once you get the video running, there is rarely a problem. It may just take you an extra few seconds here and there to load up. Nice TV, though, and the apps integrate well with the functions of the TV. Also a nice touch is the remote which has a slide-out keyboard. It's very useful and you'll appreciate it when searching for videos. I've heard people complain that it breaks-- I can only speak for myself when I say we've had ours for over a year and no problems yet.

Jeffrey Lax

Fooster7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Fooster7

I bought this TV from WalMart new for about $298. Its a great little TV for the price and I haven't had any issues with it besides wishing I could get MLB.TV with it. C'mon VIZIO!

libbytits wrote:I recently bought a 24" LG TV (not from woot) that sometimes gets a horizontal line of inconsistency when there's a lot of fast movement on the screen. I assume this is the "refresh rate issue" people talk about on TVs. I thought I read that this is associated with it being 60hz? Would this TV possibly have the same issue?

I haven't noticed this issue.

RagZz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RagZz

Yeah I did it. Bought one.... I bought a 42" refurbished a while back and it worked just fine.. Well until something was thrown and hit the screen and broke the glass and "spider webbed" it

as with any flat screen if the glass gets broke you might as well just throw it away as I have been told by all I have contacted that it is just as expensive to replace the glass as to buy a new one.

Pickles and Beer!!!!!

budd0413

quality posts: 5 Private Messages budd0413

Is there any way to "AirPlay" to these smart tv's with out any additional hardware

Villainous Victorian Velociraptor, We Carves People, Fuming Mad, Air Defense, Chucknorium, Seasons Greatings, The Umbrellas, On The Road Again, Come On, Capon, Meme Parade, Be my Chum, longshot #1, tofu: foods master of disguise, Rosebud, Fractal Tree, Coffee Levels Critical, By your powers combined, Poker game, Too much catnip

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

RagZz wrote:Yeah I did it. Bought one.... I bought a 42" refurbished a while back and it worked just fine.. Well until something was thrown and hit the screen and broke the glass and "spider webbed" it

as with any flat screen if the glass gets broke you might as well just throw it away as I have been told by all I have contacted that it is just as expensive to replace the glass as to buy a new one.

Yeah, that's probably not covered by the manufacturer's warranty. That would make me cry, I think.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Wootelicious

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wootelicious

ktlyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ktlyn

Anyone know if this model has a sleep timer? For me it would go in the bedroom and thats a necessity.

Wootelicious

ktlyn wrote:Anyone know if this model has a sleep timer? For me it would go in the bedroom and thats a necessity.

Yes it has a sleep timer for 30, 60, 90, 120, or 180 minutes.

It doesn't have an alarm timer.

Source: User Guide http://store.vizio.com/documents/downloads/hdtv/E320iA0/UM_E320iA0.pdf

mdnorman

quality posts: 52 Private Messages mdnorman

I came here only because I was hoping to see some critiques of Terrance Halpern's debut.

supra7m

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supra7m

I currently have a 1990 Sears model 27" dinosaur tv. Anything is better than that. As I haven't bought anything this high priced here before, is squaretrade kind of a necessity? Thanks!

Wootelicious

mdnorman wrote:I came here only because I was hoping to see some critiques of Terrance Halpern's debut.

Terrance's words flow on the page like molasses over ice cubes. His tale of the loss of almost his entire family will tug at your heartstrings, although you worry a little for Timothy and at the back of your mind nags a word, kinicide.

A person who will use the word "shrivelment" and begin a sentence with a conjunction is always a little suspect. But I digress. Terrance has a stilted writing style with an unfulfilling storyline begging for completion, but he is almsless. He will go far in the modern literary world.

You, on the other hand, are stuck on the interweb reading semi-fictitious reviews of clearly superlative products. You need to buy this TV, select the YouTube option and search for "Funny Cats".

Ras1112

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ras1112

Had an eye on this model for a while. Will make perfect fit for our dinning room. However with tax and shipping it would make more sense to get new one for $50-60 more.

xenapan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xenapan

I got a similar model few years ago.. also a refurb... practically died immediately after the warranty (1yr) ran out. Of course they dont cover it, and repairing it costs as much as buying it. ended up recycling it. The quality of everything is great... except the actual parts themselves. I went on youtube to see if my problem was common and apparently its pretty common.

tl;dr. It will look good while it works but not worth it in the long run. On the other hand if you plan on upgrading within 1 or 2 years its great since it probably wont last.

grtgrfx

quality posts: 6 Private Messages grtgrfx
budd0413 wrote:Is there any way to "AirPlay" to these smart tv's with out any additional hardware

Sure, if you get an Apple TV ($99). It plugs into the back of the Vizio via an HDMI cable, then it can wirelessly grab signal from any Apple device like iPhone, iPod or a Mac and send it to the screen.

dsleep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsleep

Can I use this with a sling box?

hulfy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hulfy

There are even more TV's (some cheaper!!) over on the Tech page!

sugarpearls

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sugarpearls
Ras1112 wrote:Had an eye on this model for a while. Will make perfect fit for our dinning room. However with tax and shipping it would make more sense to get new one for $50-60 more.

$209(refurb)+$0 tax +$5 shipping = $214 versus $300(new) + $20 tax = $320 . . . I don't follow your math.

AVspec

quality posts: 6 Private Messages AVspec
sugarpearls wrote:$209(refurb)+$0 tax +$5 shipping = $214 versus $300(new) + $20 tax = $320 . . . I don't follow your math.

How do you get $0 tax on woot? They charged me the last time I purchased....

dannnnnn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dannnnnn

I bought this TV new from Sam's Club, and my wife and I love it. We mounted it in the office so we could watch TV while at our computers, and it works great. The picture quality and sound are great - I have the DVR plugged in through one HDMI in and the side HDMI in connects to my computer.

We like watching netflix/etc. using the TV as well. The apps start up very slowly, however. Part of it, I'm guessing is the unnecessary shrinking of the current video input, I'd rather it not have to think about that and instead just overlay the picture with whatever I opened. It has frozen up a few times (needed to unplug/plug back in to get it to work). And there's only one HDMI input in the back, where it'd be nice to have two for the sake of cable management.

The apps all have worked fine once opened

I'd say it is definitely worth the money, but expect to use patience when opening apps.

sugarpearls

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sugarpearls
AVspec wrote:How do you get $0 tax on woot? They charged me the last time I purchased....

I forgot that tax (as of now) does not apply to online purchases being sent out of state. (Although I'm sure the government will catch up and find a way to get a piece of all this e-commerce soon, rather than asking people to volunteer their online purchase info on their taxes.)

dad2trips

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dad2trips

Anyone know if you can play movies (mpg or avi) from the USB port?

Too much junk to list...

Smeagol150

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Smeagol150
budd0413 wrote:Is there any way to "AirPlay" to these smart tv's with out any additional hardware

It doesn't have accessibility for that in the TV by itself.

The additional hardware you would need is an Apple TV & HDMI cable.

FlamingoNut

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FlamingoNut
supra7m wrote:As I haven't bought anything this high priced here before, is squaretrade kind of a necessity? Thanks!

Wouldn't hurt. I purchased one for my new 60", 3 year. SquareTrade frequently sends out 30% off deals, and just recently a 50%. My current 32" is on it's way out and I'm contemplating getting this one, and if I do, I will get a SquareTrade.

dad2trips wrote:Anyone know if you can play movies (mpg or avi) from the USB port?

We recently purchased a Vizio 60" e601 a few months ago. I just tested what formats would play. First off, your flash drive needs to be FAT32 format. You can find this out by opening up Windows Explorer, right click on the drive & click properties. I have a bunch of flash drives and the 2 I tested were both FAT32.
Movie formats played: mp4, avi, mpeg, mts, wmv.
Movie formats not played/not recognized: mkv, flv.

I downloaded a few YouTube videos and converted them to mp4's (using YTD Video Downloader). I was surprised that they looked just as good on 60" as they do while watching it on the computer, which is much 7x4-ish. Even when blowing out to full screen some videos are a bit distorted, including the one I tested.

I don't know if both models read the same formats though. I couldn't even find a comprehensive list about what my TV could view.

bluemaple

quality posts: 77 Private Messages bluemaple
ktlyn wrote:Anyone know if this model has a sleep timer? For me it would go in the bedroom and thats a necessity.

"Doctor, please help me understand why my dreams always seem to be about two brothers living together in a California beach condo..."

;-)

bluemaple

quality posts: 77 Private Messages bluemaple
supra7m wrote:I currently have a 1990 Sears model 27" dinosaur tv. Anything is better than that. As I haven't bought anything this high priced here before, is squaretrade kind of a necessity? Thanks!

The way I evaluate whether an extended warranty is loaded with extra markup: (requires some guessing and knowledge of equipment failures)

1) estimate how likely a failure is *during the extended portion* of the warranty.
2) estimate how expensive that failure is likely to be.
3) multiply those two results together and compare to the extended warranty price.

Example:
Guess likelihood of failure 50% (not saying this is a valid number here, just for simple math)

Guess repair cost: $200 (in this case, likely total replacement since not worth repairing)

50% x $200 = $100. If the cost of the warranty is significantly less than $100 then I'd at least consider it. Be careful though - this was a simple example - *not* necessarily the right numbers for this TV!

Edit: and always watch the fine print for fees/exclusions, etc...

berclark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages berclark
Wootelicious wrote:Terrance's words flow on the page like molasses over ice cubes.

You need to buy this TV, select the YouTube option and search for "Funny Cats".

Kudos! I have a degree in English from one of those Massachusetts colleges and I have never laughed so hard at a product review. Ranks with The Onion's deconstruction of a Mexican restaurunt's menu. This ensuing commentary is spot-on perfect!

bcarr123

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bcarr123

OK, I am in for one. Anyone know how to get Squaretrade now?

Figure I will use this one in the down stairs bedroom. Won't have to buy another Roku either.

[MOD: Looks like the SquareTrade widget isn't showing up on mobile devices. If you look on a PC, you'll see the widget to get the SqTr warranty. Sorry. ]

cerberusctd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cerberusctd

from what im reading, squaretrade is only available on new, non-refurbished items. am i missing something?

[MOD: Looks like the SquareTrade widget isn't showing up on mobile devices. If you look on a PC, you'll see the widget to get the SqTr warranty. Sorry. ]

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii
bcarr123 wrote:OK, I am in for one. Anyone know how to get Squaretrade now?

Figure I will use this one in the down stairs bedroom. Won't have to buy another Roku either.

Link for the SQT warranty is in the description. $37.99 for 1 year,just click the link.

obeymybrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages obeymybrain
sugarpearls wrote:I forgot that tax (as of now) does not apply to online purchases being sent out of state. (Although I'm sure the government will catch up and find a way to get a piece of all this e-commerce soon, rather than asking people to volunteer their online purchase info on their taxes.)

Presumably wherever Amazon charges tax, Woot also charges tax. Shipping to California has sales tax added.

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii

Amazon Prime members can get this TV NEW for $288 with free shipping using code primeten. If you buy this refurb from Woot and get the 1 year SQT warranty it is $252(if you're in a State where Woot/Amazon are not required to add tax).
Amazon also offers a 3 year SQT warranty on this TV for only $33.98. Scroll down the Amazon page listing this TV to see that offer.
http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-E320i-A0-32-inch-720p-Smart/dp/B0096YOQRY/ref=cm_rdp_product
With the 3 year warranty you'd pay Amazon $321.98 or $331.98 if you are not a Prime member.
EDIT
The SQT warranty starts from PURCHASE date so that 3 year warranty actually only adds 2 years to the original manufacturers 1 year warranty.

EricPost

quality posts: 3 Private Messages EricPost
sugarpearls wrote:I forgot that tax (as of now) does not apply to online purchases being sent out of state. (Although I'm sure the government will catch up and find a way to get a piece of all this e-commerce soon, rather than asking people to volunteer their online purchase info on their taxes.)

I need to point all all states have a use tax. What this means is, if you don't pay sales tax you are supposed to pay a use tax on the item.

Being the day before tax day, I thought I'd point this out. It's not tax free, you're suppose to pay tax.

Of course it's hard if not impossible, for them to catch you if you don't, but you are supposed to pay tax on it.

gg11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gg11

I will never buy another VIZIO product again...purchased a refurbished VIZIO TV which lasted 18 months before it stopped working. Called VIZIO, "We don't handle refurbished TVs." Gave me name of 2 service places. One was shut the other was a supplier of parts only. Lousy PR & products.

CharlesBurns

quality posts: 8 Private Messages CharlesBurns

Remember, folks: Vizio is the only company that makes their TVs in the United States.

I'd take a Vizio over a Samsung any day, especially after Samsung was caught using cheap, failure-prone components in their sets: http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=24065