Ras1112

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ras1112
sugarpearls wrote:$209(refurb)+$0 tax +$5 shipping = $214 versus $300(new) + $20 tax = $320 . . . I don't follow your math.

First of all in my case I';; pay taxes from woot so it's 210+20+5=$235
And second, I can buy it from Amazon today (third party seller) and pay $294 total.
So you do the math :D

wootpay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootpay

Question: Under the specs it lists Wi-Fi as wireless-N. I live in the dinosaur age and run my Roku off of my out-dated wireless-G router. Will this TV support wireless-G?

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii
wootpay wrote:Question: Under the specs it lists Wi-Fi as wireless-N. I live in the dinosaur age and run my Roku off of my out-dated wireless-G router. Will this TV support wireless-G?

Yes it is backwards compatible and also has an ethernet port for a wired connection.

sugarpearls

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sugarpearls
EricPost wrote:I need to point all all states have a use tax. What this means is, if you don't pay sales tax you are supposed to pay a use tax on the item.

Being the day before tax day, I thought I'd point this out. It's not tax free, you're suppose to pay tax.

Of course it's hard if not impossible, for them to catch you if you don't, but you are supposed to pay tax on it.

I did mention that the government expects you to volunteer information on your online purchases so you can pay tax on them.

bcarr123

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bcarr123

I had to go to the Squaretrade website to get extended coverage. I searched for a coupon code, which led me to Facebook. Liking them on FB got me a mystery code for 30% off, so I paid $38 and change for a 4 year warranty. The link on the Woot page ate end of the description only takes you to Matt's description of who Squaretrade is.

gg11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gg11

"Vizio is the only company that makes their TVs in the United States.
I'd take a Vizio over a Samsung any day, especially after Samsung was caught using cheap, failure-prone components in their sets."

I think you are wrong.
Where did you get the info that VIZIO TVs are manufactured in the US ?????????????]

There is a warehouse distributor in CA no manufacturing plant.

Why are there so many "refurbished" VIZIO sets on sale and no SAMSUNG?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 503 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bcarr123 wrote:I had to go to the Squaretrade website to get extended coverage. I searched for a coupon code, which led me to Facebook. Liking them on FB got me a mystery code for 30% off, so I paid $38 and change for a 4 year warranty. The link on the Woot page ate end of the description only takes you to Matt's description of who Squaretrade is.

Looks like the SquareTrade widget isn't showing up on mobile devices that don't support Flash. If you look on a PC, you'll see the widget to get the SqTr warranty. Sorry.

Also, check your SqTr warranty that you just bought. SqTr only covers refurbished items if you purchased them through authorized retailers now - not direct to consumers.

dliidlii

bcarr123 wrote:I had to go to the Squaretrade website to get extended coverage. I searched for a coupon code, which led me to Facebook. Liking them on FB got me a mystery code for 30% off, so I paid $38 and change for a 4 year warranty. The link on the Woot page ate end of the description only takes you to Matt's description of who Squaretrade is.

The link has a link (buy now) in it which will take you to the SQT $38 1 year warranty page for this TV.

bluemaple

quality posts: 64 Private Messages bluemaple
ThunderThighs wrote:Looks like the SquareTrade widget isn't showing up on mobile devices that don't support Flash. If you look on a PC, you'll see the widget to get the SqTr warranty. Sorry.

Also, check your SqTr warranty that you just bought. SqTr only covers refurbished items if you purchased them through authorized retailers now - not direct to consumers.

Umm... That would be all new mobile devices - flash is no longer supported on mobile devices - by Adobe. And most people won't mess with the work around solutions.

But thanks for letting us know - I wondered why folks were pointing to a generic ST page with no prices.

msujp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages msujp

Every store out there is putting these tv and last years models on clearance.

You'll be able to get this tv new at below 200 dollar levels if you hold off about another week or 2

seanmesky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seanmesky

Bought a refurb Vizio TV once from woot,it died within the month, woot couldn't do anything and the refurb company was just as helpful, so I was S.O.L.

lethargicmass

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lethargicmass
bluemaple wrote:Umm... That would be all new mobile devices - flash is no longer supported on mobile devices - by Adobe.

Umm... Not exactly. Although Adobe has indeed discontinued development on mobile Flash, individual device manufacturers are free to continue supporting/developing their own Flash plugins for their own browsers. You said "all new mobile devices," but the newest phone I remember hearing about, the BlackBerry Z10, which has been available in the US for only a few weeks now, supports Flash.

I love bacon!

bluemaple

quality posts: 64 Private Messages bluemaple
lethargicmass wrote:Umm... Not exactly. Although Adobe has indeed discontinued development on mobile Flash, individual device manufacturers are free to continue supporting/developing their own Flash plugins for their own browsers. You said "all new mobile devices," but the newest phone I remember hearing about, the BlackBerry Z10, which has been available in the US for only a few weeks now, supports Flash.

And what has happened to Blackberry market share?

As a practical matter Flash is dead on mobile. Sorry for the "all" phrasing. Should have said almost all. I doubt it would be smart for woot to build a site just for Blackberry devices.

gerend

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gerend
budd0413 wrote:Is there any way to "AirPlay" to these smart tv's without any additional hardware

grtgrfx wrote:Sure, if you get an Apple TV ($99).

Maybe my reading comprehension isn't up to snuff, but I would think that a $99 external device by a different manufacturer would probably qualify as "additional hardware."

jkirkc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jkirkc
msujp wrote:Every store out there is putting these tv and last years models on clearance.

You'll be able to get this tv new at below 200 dollar levels if you hold off about another week or 2

SO when would you buy anything if you think that about every woot?

Oh, wait, you have never bought anything on woot. Nevermind.

krbrunson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krbrunson
msujp wrote:Every store out there is putting these tv and last years models on clearance.

Nostradamus in the house.

dliidlii

SOLD OUT! But if you buy a refurbished Roku and this Samsung LED TV you'll have a comparable deal.
Refurb Samsung 32" 720p LED LCD HDTV for $182 + free shipping
Best Buy offers the refurbished Samsung 32" 720p LED-Backlit LCD HD Television, model no. UN32EH4003FXZA, for $181.99 with free shipping. That's tied with our mention of a refurb two weeks ago and the second lowest price we've seen for any Samsung 32" LCD TV. It's also $96 under the lowest total price we could find for a new one. The TV features a 1366x768 (720p) native resolution, LED backlight, USB connectivity, and two HDMI inputs.
A 90-day warranty applies, although it is unclear who supports it.

lethargicmass

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lethargicmass
bluemaple wrote:And what has happened to Blackberry market share?

Not that that question has anything to do with Flash, but the answer is that BB is currently third in market share, having passed Microsoft in the few weeks that the new phone has been out. When the physical-keyboard model comes out over the next weeks/months, that should boost their position even further.

bluemaple wrote:As a practical matter Flash is dead on mobile. Sorry for the "all" phrasing. Should have said almost all. I doubt it would be smart for woot to build a site just for Blackberry devices.

Fair enough -- although a Flash-dependent page would not be specific only to BB devices, but to, well, all platforms (desktop/laptop/some mobile) that continue to support Flash. Should woot (and all others) recognize that in order to keep mobile users' business, they should stop relying on Flash? Absolutely.

I love bacon!

ldent1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ldent1

Ok, got the set, looks nice. What's up with the base? Does not seem to align with the TV bottom. Am I failing the shapes test again?

PemberDucky

quality posts: 39 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

ldent1 wrote:Ok, got the set, looks nice. What's up with the base? Does not seem to align with the TV bottom. Am I failing the shapes test again?

i'm also haunted by those memories.
i'm not sure what the problem could be. i'd contact the manufacturer & see if they can offer some assistance. hopefully it's not defunct or the incorrect one, but if it is, they'll be able to address that.

as always, you can email Support@Woot.com if you run into any difficulty along the way.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

azzuranotte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azzuranotte

I just received mine and amazon prime isn't working. The button is on the remote but nothing is coming up and it's not in the vizio menu.

PemberDucky

Staff

azzuranotte wrote:I just received mine and amazon prime isn't working. The button is on the remote but nothing is coming up and it's not in the vizio menu.

you may want to contact vizio for assistance. that sounds like something that might be beyond our technical knowledge of the product. (especially mine.)
perhaps one of our savvy community members can offer some insight?

feel free to email Support@Woot.com if you have any difficulty getting some help.

pack66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pack66

My wife purchased this tv. TV arrived with an inch slash in the plastic of the screen. The slash goes completely through the plastic. I've purchased a few things with woot without any issues. I'm very disappointed that this went out, as the slash is obvious. Anyone have any dealings with defective returns?

PemberDucky

Staff

pack66 wrote:My wife purchased this tv. TV arrived with an inch slash in the plastic of the screen. The slash goes completely through the plastic. I've purchased a few things with woot without any issues. I'm very disappointed that this went out, as the slash is obvious. Anyone have any dealings with defective returns?

i'm sorry to hear about that. if you haven't emailed Support@Woot.com and let them know you received a defective item. we'll make sure you're taken care of.

again, apologies for the hassle. i know that's disappointing.

pack66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pack66
PemberDucky wrote:i'm sorry to hear about that. if you haven't emailed Support@Woot.com and let them know you received a defective item. we'll make sure you're taken care of.

again, apologies for the hassle. i know that's disappointing.

Thanks, I'll have her do that. I appreciate the help.

tom19511

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tom19511

I turn it on and Store Demo starts up.Stuck in demo mode.Remote does nothing..Wind! Tornado! Hide!.. anyone have a fix?

BillThePoet

quality posts: 9 Private Messages BillThePoet
azzuranotte wrote:I just received mine and amazon prime isn't working. The button is on the remote but nothing is coming up and it's not in the vizio menu.

Same thing on mine out of the box.

Then I connected it to the wifi, fiddled with it for a while, turned it off and walked away.

Just now I turned it back on, and it ran a firmware update. Shazaam! Amazon Prime is now on my menu bar.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 503 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

BillThePoet wrote:Same thing on mine out of the box.

Then I connected it to the wifi, fiddled with it for a while, turned it off and walked away.

Just now I turned it back on, and it ran a firmware update. Shazaam! Amazon Prime is now on my menu bar.

Thanks for sharing that info. I sent it to CS in case some write in.

nsomniak6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nsomniak6

Mine worked beautifully for less than a day. Picture went black and hasn't come back on. I am so sad because I was very excited about this tv. Sending back today...

eggmansky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eggmansky

On the 92nd day of a 90 day warrantee...guess what? Yup. My artist friend painted a picture on the screen and it has become ART! Live & learn...don't buy refurbished TV's...unless they have at least a 1 year warrantee.

Time wounds all heels.