WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

JeanRichard Watches

Yes, this is my JeanRichard watch. I call it my Little Richard. We're good pals. I put it on my wrist, and it gives me the time. It's everything I could want in a relationship. Except it'd be nice if now and then it'd play Tutti Frutti for me. Seriously, what's a watch owner gotta do.
JeanRichard official site

f00l

quality posts: 1 Private Messages f00l

My budget for a watch is $10. Hmmmm. Which one to get?

deadeye37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deadeye37

Hmmmm......to buy one of these watches, or to buy a beater car that I can use to drive to work with.....I'll take the Silver one with the cool dials!

lbdamned

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lbdamned

Wind! Tornado! Hide!??? If someone was gonna spend that kind of money on a watch, there is no way they would do it on an internet deal site.

selvanaidu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages selvanaidu

The idea of spending thousands on an unknown watch brand like "Jean Richard" is hilarious.

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman
selvanaidu wrote:The idea of spending thousands on an unknown watch brand like "Jean Richard" is hilarious.

Sometimes it's better to be silent and let people assume you're ignorant about a subject rather than speak out and remove all doubt.

Jean Richard is not an "unknown" brand, and these watches are not a joke. Mechanical watch aficionados would most likely not put Jean Richard in the "top tier" along with the likes of Rolex, IWC, Jaeger-Le Coultre, or Piaget, but in general terms they would probably rank many of the Jean Richard watches ahead of lower tier brands such as Longines, Rado, Movado, Tutima & Sinn -- and maybe ahead of Oris, Hamilton and Mido -- depending on the complexity of the watch.

Timex is good enough for most people. Some people want (and can afford) more.

crandis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crandis

These are actually a pretty good deal. 20% better than at "The Watchery".com
http://www.thewatchery.com/detail.asp?bo_products_variance_id=157183

These are mid-level quality swiss watches

Chad Randis

iyahfyah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iyahfyah

I believe the 80% off speaks enough on how well this brand is known... I ask you, have you ever seen a Mercedes on a big discount? A John Deere tractor, Louis Vuitton clothing, Rolex watch, Hermes handbag or an Orvis fly-rod on sale? Nope. How about a big sale at Kia? A twofer on Zebco's at walmart or a Seiko watch? Yep...

mdnorman wrote:Sometimes it's better to be silent and let people assume you're ignorant about a subject rather than speak out and remove all doubt.

Jean Richard is not an "unknown" brand, and these watches are not a joke. Mechanical watch aficionados would most likely not put Jean Richard in the "top tier" along with the likes of Rolex, IWC, Jaeger-Le Coultre, or Piaget, but in general terms they would probably rank many of the Jean Richard watches ahead of lower tier brands such as Longines, Rado, Movado, Tutima & Sinn -- and maybe ahead of Oris, Hamilton and Mido -- depending on the complexity of the watch.

MastaHanky

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MastaHanky

I was going to get three of them, but I couldn't find any other items on the site today that interested me enough to lump in with the $5 shipping charge.

conhopper

quality posts: 19 Private Messages conhopper
mdnorman wrote:Sometimes it's better to be silent and let people assume you're ignorant about a subject rather than speak out and remove all doubt.

Sorry, but JeanRichard is by every standard an unknown brand. I'll point to one bit of evidence: literally all but two threads (meaning 16 out of 18 threads) on WatchUSeek (probably one of the more well-known watch sites) are ad posts by the owner of the site on behalf of JeanRichard, and of the two threads which aren't blatant advertisements, one of which talks about how JeanRichard hired Cpt. Sully from the downed jet in the Hudson as a spokesperson.

The brand is trying to get off the ground in the worst way possible: by inflating their MSRP to try and seem more expensive. Invicta has been doing this for a while, and eventually they slipped as a brand to bottom tier.

The Breitlings and Edoxes posted weeks ago were better deals, and I still had to google Edox. Edox is at least a little bit well known.

derp

msgitlin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msgitlin
deadeye37 wrote:Hmmmm......to buy one of these watches, or to buy a beater car that I can use to drive to work with.....I'll take the Silver one with the cool dials!

Beater car? Those are about the same price as the most expensive car I've purchased...

MastaHanky wrote:I was going to get three of them, but I couldn't find any other items on the site today that interested me enough to lump in with the $5 shipping charge.

Man, I wish there was a Like/+1 button.

dleuschke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dleuschke

False. $3000 for a watch is a joke.

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman
dleuschke wrote:False. $3000 for a watch is a joke.

This one should really crack you up:

http://www.watchbuys.com/store/pc/Jochen-Benzinger-Regulator-17p1610.htm

Or a used watch, at half the price of a new one:

http://www.watchseller.com/omdebigdalie.html

auncreative

quality posts: 0 Private Messages auncreative
mdnorman wrote:This one should really crack you up:

Or a used watch, at half the price of a new one:

http://www.watchseller.com/omdebigdalie.html

I would pay that much for that watch if I had it. It's a work of art.

ap210

quality posts: 48 Private Messages ap210

Yeah, I can't afford any of these watches.

1. 11/6Rmba
  2. 11/13Scba
  3. 11/16LtchWlssSystm
  4. 11/16Gmbrdg
  5. 11/16SnDskPlyr
  6. 11/16UFO
  7. 11/16LtchWlssHdphns"lbl fll ff"
  8. 11/17LtchXbxhdst
  9. 11/173xLkFrg
  10. 11/25iPdShfflClck
  11. 12/62xBpMntrs
  12. 12/133xNxs25XM

hehthuryo

quality posts: 37 Private Messages hehthuryo

Are these as good as Invictas??? If so, I'm in for 1.

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle

I've heard of Jean Richard before and have a friend that has a few. It's a well made, Swiss watch.
What concerns me is the description does not match their photos on the one I want to purchase, i.e. a rose gold bezel when it appears stainless. So until I find out, I'm hanging onto my 3k and sticking with my Movados whicb my family owns too many of. Thankful for Movado outles all over the US.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

Kerig

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Kerig

Hmmm, such a tough decision...my mortgage payment for 2 months and food...OR...an unnecessary wristwatch that keeps time (kinda) close to a chinese, battery-powered quartz watch???
Dang you all to heck Woot!!!

Kerig

mdnorman wrote:This one should really crack you up:

For that price I would expect it slow time down and allow you live twice as long!

bruce57

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bruce57
dleuschke wrote:False. $3000 for a watch is a joke.

You really shouldn't gauge the economics of others by your own. Don't worry, though, Woot also has a watch for you:

http://sellout.woot.com/plus/so-so-happy-watches#

jeffcoonen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffcoonen
bruce57 wrote:You really shouldn't gauge the economics of others by your own. Don't worry, though, Woot also has a watch for you:

http://sellout.woot.com/plus/so-so-happy-watches#

Wait those are actually incredibly cool. I wish I hadn't missed them

takethemeatbridge

quality posts: 10 Private Messages takethemeatbridge

I wonder if you can get a discount if you get one with a two year AT&T or Verizon Wireless contract.

Can anyone comment on the call quality? I also didn't see resolution or screen sizes listed in the specs. GPS capable? Wifi tethering? NFC? 4gLTE?

In fact, from reading the descriptions, it would appear that these only have one app, which is a basic analog clock app. But that can't possibly be true. They wouldn't sacrifice all other features just to fit it into a wristwatch form factor.

Also, interested to know real world battery life findings.

eduardfigueroa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eduardfigueroa
MastaHanky wrote:I was going to get three of them, but I couldn't find any other items on the site today that interested me enough to lump in with the $5 shipping charge.

Haha! Good one! That happens to me everyday.

Jayrookie

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jayrookie

If you buy one of these watches, do they hold value? Say I buy 1 of these $3000 watches, wear it LIGHTLY for a month and sell it. What would something like that sell for? I know some watches hold their value MUCH better than others but not sure of this company.
And I understand these watches are very expensive, but it doesn't mean its a stupid purchase. People spend money on other things that can be considered "dumber" than these watches. A smoker can pay for a watch in 2 years of non smoking, even some drinkers if they took off drinking. It all depends on how you look at it.

Not picking a fight with ANYONE here, just voicing my opinion. That is all. To each his own, this is mine.

kiwikish

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kiwikish
auncreative wrote:I would pay that much for that watch if I had it. It's a work of art.

Even better: http://www.amazon.com/Zenith-Tourbillion-Quantieme-Perpetuel-65-1260-4033-77-C611/dp/B001N07JYG/ref=sr_1_1?s=watches&ie=UTF8&qid=1366162670&sr=1-1&keywords=zenith+watch

Kerig

kiwikish wrote:Even better: http://www.amazon.com/Zenith-Tourbillion-Quantieme-Perpetuel-65-1260-4033-77-C611/dp/B001N07JYG/ref=sr_1_1?s=watches&ie=UTF8&qid=1366162670&sr=1-1&keywords=zenith+watch

Only 4 of 5 stars....but, much like this watch, the reviews are priceless.
Oh, and shipping is FREE!

balisane

quality posts: 16 Private Messages balisane

Oh, finally, some nice non-twee women's watches!

... and ...

Aww.

YOU SUCH A JOLLY MR. SNOWMAN
DANCE