WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Oregon Scientific Gaiam Heart Rate Monitors

Love is hard to quantify, but a heart rate monitor is as close as you can come, right? And if not, you can at least use it when you're jogging and then pretend you were thinking about her/him the whole time.

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975

yeah not quite the $99 list price for the pedometer.
around $13 on amazon with prime shipping.

about $12 through third party on there.

the heart rate monitor watch is a deal on here, but didnt get the best reviews.

[MOD: We fixed that list price. Thanks for noting it.]

I always did like yardsales.

lamcjunk

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lamcjunk

I bought the Zone 3.0 ($13) the last time it was on woot. Been using it for a month or so now. LOVE it. It has perform correctly everytime. I use the 'lock screen' to keep the display on either HR or time-counter, depending on my mood.

omfgitsashley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omfgitsashley

I bought this watch last go-round on Woot, and my only regret is not getting the blue band instead of the pink. It's a little complicated at first, but it works extremely well and is very comfortable to wear. My biggest problem is I have very long hair, and sometimes when I run my hand through my hair, it gets painfully stuck (and has ripped out more hair than I care to mention)

tfreeman451

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tfreeman451

I bought the 2.0 last time around and must say I'm highly disappointed. I was hoping not having the chest strap would make it easier and more convenient. I wanted to use it for when I go running in the early mornings. Unfortunately if your thumb is either cold or sweaty, it won't give you a reading. At least not until you've warmed up or stopped sweating and by that time your heart rate has dropped considerably. A Wooter had warned of this after my purchase and I grabbed the 3.0 just in case, but haven't tried it out yet. Hoping for better results when I do.

jinow00f

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jinow00f

Bought the 2.0 last time it was around, and it's fairly decent.
It's super sensitive, though, and the readings aren't always accurate.

lorenzodemedici

quality posts: 36 Private Messages lorenzodemedici

As a physician I want to say that a heart rate monitor is a really good idea for many people. I think it's essential for someone starting out on a fitness program. Elite world class athletes don't need them, but most of us aren't in that category. This little gadget might save your life one day.

kandysnyper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kandysnyper

I have the purple 2.0 watch sold here for $21 and so far it works great except, like the earlier commenter said, you are sweaty in the middle of a workout. I bought it two weeks ago from Amazon with free shipping from the vendor for $22.

kburl88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kburl88
luke975 wrote:yeah not quite the $99 list price for the pedometer.
around $13 on amazon with prime shipping.

You do realize that Woot is owned by Amazon?

NoIAmTheCheese

quality posts: 3 Private Messages NoIAmTheCheese

Anyone know how large the chest strap is? Been Googling but haven't been able to find it...

lorenzodemedici

quality posts: 36 Private Messages lorenzodemedici
NoIAmTheCheese wrote:Anyone know how large the chest strap is? Been Googling but haven't been able to find it...

Usually they are stretchy and adjustable enough for almost anyone.

lnjelinek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lnjelinek
lorenzodemedici wrote:As a physician I want to say that a heart rate monitor is a really good idea for many people. I think it's essential for someone starting out on a fitness program. Elite world class athletes don't need them, but most of us aren't in that category. This little gadget might save your life one day.

I ride my bike often. One time I was feeling great and was pushing hard. Looked at my monitor and I was way out of my range (pushing >180). At that point I slowed myself down as beyond that put me in a dangerous zone.

That said, HR monitors are great to keep you in a certain zone (fat burning, cardio etc). They're great for intervals too. In for two. One for me and one for a friend getting a bike. Great price. Hoping I love it and am as satisfied with the new one as I am with my current one.

Anybody know if they are set up so there is no interference from being around another with the same HR monitor?

jemandler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jemandler

Thoughts on the differences between the 2.0 and 3.0?

I'm really interested in grabbing one of these, but so far, after some searching, I can't really tell the difference between the two.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

lnjelinek and Jemandler, I'll see about getting some answers.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.