WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

KEEN Shoes for Men and Women

K is for the footwear we are selling. Don't be mad how we can barely spell. E is for extra joy they'll bring you. The other E is for that thing as well. N is for N'joy them, we hope you do. Hey, whatever, that's jokes still all right. Put them all together you'll spell KEEN. And now here is the KEEN official site

Quality Posts

goodmayham

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goodmayham

Was fighting with myself over ordering the Puma Cell Gen's or waiting for the Keen A86s to maybe return. Imagine my delight to seen the Keen name on the woot! tab. Imagine my sadness to not see A86s.

Going to wipe away the tears now.

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871

I wish there was a good way to buy shoes online? My dainty heel lets me walk right out of most shoes

ceagee

quality posts: 65 Private Messages ceagee
johnt007871 wrote:I wish there was a good way to buy shoes online? My dainty heel lets me walk right out of most shoes

Have you tried using those heel slip strips you put in shoes ? They work pretty good for me.

Many places ( not here obviously) that sell shoes online have free ship and free return. so easier to switch around sizes if you need. Of course, you're not going to get this deal.
Maybe find someplace to try some Keen's on ?

meinmaine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages meinmaine
johnt007871 wrote:I wish there was a good way to buy shoes online? My dainty heel lets me walk right out of most shoes

Zappos, which is another Amazon company, has free ship and return, so you can definitely try shoes on there without expense.

meinmaine

I have the Keen Catalinas, and I like them a lot, but be forewarned that they're very moccasin-like and have almost no foot support or padding. You wouldn't want to wear them to walk on hard surfaces, at least not for long.

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871
ceagee wrote:Have you tried using those heal slip strips you put in shoes ? They work pretty good for me.

I have not heard of such magic. I will investigate. Thanks!

hardcandy189

quality posts: 6 Private Messages hardcandy189

Does anybody know if this brand runs narrow or wide? I have never heard of them and would need a wide with for the men's shoe.

kexline

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kexline
hardcandy189 wrote:Does anybody know if this brand runs narrow or wide? I have never heard of them and would need a wide with for the men's shoe.

Women's Keens run wide in the toe box, normal in the heel. Perfect for my feet. The product page for the Dillon suggests the men's are similar, if a little less extreme. http://www.keenfootwear.com/us/en/product/shoes/men/last%20chance/dillon%20slip-on/black%20olive

For the sake of example, I think my size 9 Keen sneaks are a little shorter and wider in the toe than size 41 Danskos, but they're narrow enough in the heel that they don't rattle around.

kexline

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kexline

Also wanted to mention, the Harvest MJ doesn't appear to be machine washable. I love me some Keens, but they should know better than to make non-washable canvas summer shoes. Gross.

ceagee

johnt007871 wrote:I have not heard of such magic. I will investigate. Thanks!

heel thingys

There are many brands and kinds. I just checked over at the mothership quick, so you could see what I was talking about.
You stick them around the inside of the heel and viola`!

ceagee

meinmaine wrote:Zappos, which is another Amazon company, has free ship and return, so you can definitely try shoes on there without expense.

I didn't know Zappos was Amazon too. Where have I been? I guess maybe I should just assume everything on the internet is Amazon and go from there !

I have ordered from them. They ship very fast and no hassle to return and/or exchange.

jimjenn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimjenn

May be a silly question but can you return these? Shoes are difficult to buy online and I would definitely scoop these up if I knew I could return them just in case.

NortonsArk

quality posts: 13 Private Messages NortonsArk
jimjenn wrote:May be a silly question but can you return these? Shoes are difficult to buy online and I would definitely scoop these up if I knew I could return them just in case.

I do not know Woot's return policy, but I suspect the answer is no. Keen, however, does have a return and exchange policy within 30 days when purchased directly. The shoe I am looking at is $49 on Woot, but $110 on Keen's site. At that price differential, Keen can afford a few returns. I'm gonna have to pass because my feet are notoriously hard to fit.

turtlegir1

quality posts: 34 Private Messages turtlegir1
meinmaine wrote:I have the Keen Catalinas, and I like them a lot, but be forewarned that they're very moccasin-like and have almost no foot support or padding. You wouldn't want to wear them to walk on hard surfaces, at least not for long.

Do you find that they run half a size to small, like the suggestion says? I typically wear 6.5-7 in most shoes, and for Keens I always order a 7. So I'm not sure if to interpret their warning as order a 7.5, or stick with my typical Keen size 7. Also, your warning about the support/padding has me wondering. They look so cute, but I don't have a boat to wear them on!

jdpman

quality posts: 16 Private Messages jdpman

I purchased the Keen A86 shoes when they came up a couple weeks back. Very comfortable and good quality. Keen makes a quality shoe. Woot said they ran 1/2 size small and they indeed did run 1/2 size small, so I'd say trust their suggestion in the description for each individual style.

The Newport and Dillon both look nice. I'm torn which I should get. Or maybe both? I have so many shoes because of woot, more than a lot of women I know...

snarkygal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal

Another good shoe site is shoebuy.com. Free shipping and returns also. I've used that site a few times and it is hassle free.

ceagee wrote:I didn't know Zappos was Amazon too. Where have I been? I guess maybe I should just assume everything on the internet is Amazon and go from there !

I have ordered from them. They ship very fast and no hassle to return and/or exchange.

meinmaine

turtlegir1 wrote:Do you find that they run half a size to small, like the suggestion says? I typically wear 6.5-7 in most shoes, and for Keens I always order a 7. So I'm not sure if to interpret their warning as order a 7.5, or stick with my typical Keen size 7. Also, your warning about the support/padding has me wondering. They look so cute, but I don't have a boat to wear them on!

I normally wear a 9.5 and that's what I have in the Catalina. I wouldn't say they run a half-size too small, but I would say that they are sized to fit more snugly because they are more like mocassins and I imagine they expect people to wear them either with no socks or very thin socks.

If you're familiar with Keens, you know that the toe box is usually pretty wide. That's not the case with these shoes. Makes sense, given the style. And for what it's worth, with Keens I wear a 9.5 in some styles and 9 in others. For this style, 9.5 works for me.

I don't have a boat either, but I wear these if I'm going to an outdoor gathering or someplace where I'm mostly going to be walking on grass or some other non-paved surface. And even then, I only want to wear these 3-4 hours at a time. So this is a limited-purpose shoe.

snowh8er

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snowh8er
NortonsArk wrote:I do not know Woot's return policy, but I suspect the answer is no. Keen, however, does have a return and exchange policy within 30 days when purchased directly. The shoe I am looking at is $49 on Woot, but $110 on Keen's site. At that price differential, Keen can afford a few returns. I'm gonna have to pass because my feet are notoriously hard to fit.

It appears that you CAN return them as long as to get an RMA (Return Material Authorization) before sending them back. Shipping on returns comes out of your pocket, however.

sparky9848

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparky9848

Got my pair of plaids today. They are comfy but not sure if they are exceptional. I wish they came in wide sizes. I ordered a half size larger to make up for the width and they were fine. They are really cute and got lots of compliments on them.

tinamcollins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tinamcollins

I'm a regular woot customer, but maybe not anymore - just discovered that the pair of shoes I just ordered are $10 cheaper on Amazon itself: http://www.amazon.com/Keen-Womens-Catalina-Slip-on-Shoe/dp/B005DECH7C/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

If this is the new model in the post-Amazon purchase era, I may stop buying directly from the site.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

tinamcollins wrote:I'm a regular woot customer, but maybe not anymore - just discovered that the pair of shoes I just ordered are $10 cheaper on Amazon itself: http://www.amazon.com/Keen-Womens-Catalina-Slip-on-Shoe/dp/B005DECH7C/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

If this is the new model in the post-Amazon purchase era, I may stop buying directly from the site.

You can find a variety of different price comps from all over the web. Depending on the color and in some instances sizing, prices can significantly change.
We don't exchange/share pricing with Amazon on any of our sales.

You're always welcome to write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and cancel your order.