WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Are you excited that Record Store Day is this weekend?
  • 2.7% - Yeah, I am! I go every year! 47
  • 1.4% - Yes, very! It’ll be my first time! 24
  • 0.8% - Mmm hmm. It’ll probably be fun to see the bands. 14
  • 3.8% - Eh. I don’t really want anything. I might go out. 66
  • 5.5% - Nope. Don’t care about it any more. 95
  • 15.5% - This is the first I’ve heard of it. Now I might go! 266
  • 70.2% - This is the first I’ve heard of it. Still don’t care. 1208
1720 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

mdkopper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdkopper

Are you excited that Record Store Day is this weekend?

Ok, And this dose what?

gwpriester

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gwpriester

Records?

olcubmaster

quality posts: 30 Private Messages olcubmaster

Managed to pick up and the one and only copy the local shop had of Coheed & Cambria's The Afterman Ascension: Big Beige Demos during the Black Friday Record Store Event. But, beyond that the two shops listed had little I wanted. Actually one of the two stores wondered what I was talking about.

Now if only I could find a retailer who knew anything about phono cartidges these days.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

hosesplus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hosesplus

What's a record?

FIGHTING CRIME AND INDIFFERENCE SINCE 8:32 THIS MORNING

CatCK

quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK

One of my favorite record stores closed recently. Booooo.

mlutz3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlutz3

For anybody who wants to know, who doesn't already: Record Store Day is an internationally celebrated day observed the third Saturday of April each year. Its purpose, as conceived by independent record store employee Chris Brown, is to celebrate the art of music. April 20th will be the third Saturday this year.

ravynwolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ravynwolf

The appropriate response option was missing. "Nope, and I've never cared"

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom

I can't go because our one good record store closed.

davidmcgill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidmcgill
mlutz3 wrote:For anybody who wants to know, who doesn't already: Record Store Day is an internationally celebrated day observed the third Saturday of April each year. Its purpose, as conceived by independent record store employee Chris Brown, is to celebrate the art of music. April 20th will be the third Saturday this year.

For those in the DFW area, Recycled Books and Records in Denton is doing a 15% sale. I'm headed up there this weekend to get some good jazz vinyl for my newly purchased Audio-Technica turntable. Back to the good ol' days of music how it was meant to be played.