3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

irtax

quality posts: 1 Private Messages irtax

Isn't all cotton organic? What makes this cotton special?

turtlegir1

quality posts: 34 Private Messages turtlegir1
irtax wrote:Isn't all cotton organic? What makes this cotton special?

No, most cotton is sprayed with tons of chemicals to get rid of bugs and other competing plants (including pretty much every piece of clothing you buy). However, in the actual "specs" it says recycled cotton, not organic. And I assume they have no way of sourcing whether the "recycled" cotton is organic or not. I just want to know if it is really soft (like, t-shirt sheet soft), or not.

lichme

quality posts: 2846 Private Messages lichme

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3459 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Can someone break down thread count for me in simple terms? I'm still using my comfy jersey sheets so I have no clue ;)

witmanfade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages witmanfade

Does anyone have any sleeping experience with these and on how comfy these are?

purduegrad2004

quality posts: 0 Private Messages purduegrad2004
conanthelibrarian wrote:Can someone break down thread count for me in simple terms? I'm still using my comfy jersey sheets so I have no clue ;)

The number of threads in one square inch (number in one direction plus the number in the direction perpendicular to that).

lisam1072

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lisam1072

Is there any way to confirm whether it is organic (as stated in the title) or recycled (as stated in the specs) or is it both recycled & organic (does that combination even exist?)

bmrbill

quality posts: 138 Private Messages bmrbill

At these prices, you can throw two sheets to the wind.... (or something like that).

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lisam1072 wrote:Is there any way to confirm whether it is organic (as stated in the title) or recycled (as stated in the specs) or is it both recycled & organic (does that combination even exist?)

We goofed on the specs. It's Organic and the specs are updated now. Sorry for the confusion.

Now everyone wish Sarah sweet dreams as she tries to go back to sleep.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

labyrinthia

quality posts: 14 Private Messages labyrinthia

All cotton is organic (as is all food, and all biological material). What they mean is only used organic pesticides and fertilizers, instead of synthetic.

Annoys the heck out of me that things are labeled organic... organic refers to the molecular structure of a substance.

talonkarrde88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages talonkarrde88

Guys, I love you, but the writeup makes me sad and not want to buy these sheets.

brows141

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brows141

This item does not ship to APO. Thanks Woot/Amazon for supporting US troops serving overseas. Keep up the good work!

kanakis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kanakis

Is it me, or does it list only 1 pillowcase per set? That seems unlikely, but can we confirm?

Nate650

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Nate650
labyrinthia wrote:All cotton is organic (as is all food, and all biological material). What they mean is only used organic pesticides and fertilizers, instead of synthetic.

Annoys the heck out of me that things are labeled organic... organic refers to the molecular structure of a substance.

Yea, organically grown is more like it.

prinzesa1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prinzesa1

No, cotton is sprayed with pesticides hence when it is organic it is not.

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick
brows141 wrote:This item does not ship to APO. Thanks Woot/Amazon for supporting US troops serving overseas. Keep up the good work!

It's the shipping services that have issues with shipping to APO. Not woot. But hey, rabble rabble?

labyrinthia wrote:All cotton is organic (as is all food, and all biological material). What they mean is only used organic pesticides and fertilizers, instead of synthetic.

The "Organic" label is a lot shorter than, "We didn't douse our plants in chemicals, or splice their genes, or use artificial nutrient sources; also, we didn't do any of that to our animals..."
What would you prefer? (I really am curious)

And now - to the subject!

How soft and/or durable are these sheets?

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom

You think that's annoying? Check out the "Cerified Carbon Free" sugar.

Uriel238

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Uriel238
talonkarrde88 wrote:Guys, I love you, but the writeup makes me sad and not want to buy these sheets.

Yeah. I now am paranoid that I'm going to get the 296 thread-count sheets. Or the ones where they skipped a few stitches, or whatever other defects that their "incentivized" quality control is omitting.

I'll wait until you guys get sheets from the factory in which Lloyd listens to Darren.

thecorb

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thecorb

Whew! Only organic pesticides are used on this cotton. It makes me feel safe knowing that my sheets are impregnated with pyrethrum and organophosphates instead of cyfluthrin and dieldrin.

Darn those synthetic pesticides!

blipper67

quality posts: 7 Private Messages blipper67
ThunderThighs wrote:We goofed on the specs. It's Organic and the specs are updated now. Sorry for the confusion.

Now everyone wish Sarah sweet dreams as she tries to go back to sleep.

Ya'll got any sheet sets that are "un-natural" and non "organic"?

Sweet dreams......

zuce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zuce
turtlegir1 wrote:No, most cotton is sprayed with tons of chemicals to get rid of bugs and other competing plants (including pretty much every piece of clothing you buy). However, in the actual "specs" it says recycled cotton, not organic. And I assume they have no way of sourcing whether the "recycled" cotton is organic or not. I just want to know if it is really soft (like, t-shirt sheet soft), or not.

Jackie Believe it is threads per square inch.. the more thread count the softer,I have a 600 count and they are soft. I have to have cal king, so the price of these is the best I have found.

tigger2000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tigger2000

"It's the shipping services that have issues with shipping to APO. Not woot. But hey, rabble rabble?”

Sorry; the United States Postal Service and Fed Ex is available to send exportable items everywhere in the world. Perhaps a different shipping charge would need to be added, but to exclude Alaska, Hawaii, APO and FPO is a simple cop out because apparently no one wants to go to the trouble to calculate shipping charges through anyone but UPS. Lithium batteries tend to explode at high altitudes, that I understand, but I think sheets are pretty stable, even at 10,000 ft.

maggiecain

quality posts: 9 Private Messages maggiecain

So we have someone who wants to swim against the tide of natural language evolution, someone who thinks the concept if organic pesticides is silly, and a pissed off military person (sucks, really, you have my sympathies. If you want, I will order your sheets and mail them to you free if charge. PM me, seriously). Has anyone ever used these sheets? I will only buy if they are really soft.

pixelator99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pixelator99

300 thread count is a bit rough. Like the cheapo sheets you buy at Target. 600 or higher thread count is good and soft.

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090

300 thread count is good if you are going to use these to wet sand your car. Organic cotton...really

jimbo-nally

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jimbo-nally
talonkarrde88 wrote:Guys, I love you, but the writeup makes me sad and not want to buy these sheets.

+1 for that. Very depressing un-incentivizing writeup.

kgcosper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kgcosper

Does anyone know if these are "sateen" or "percale" weave? Sateen tend to be higher thread count and softer while percale can still be quality at a thread count of 300 but are crisp... If percale, I am in for a set!!!

gal from NM

cameronpurdy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cameronpurdy
zuce wrote:Jackie Believe it is threads per square inch.. the more thread count the softer,I have a 600 count and they are soft. I have to have cal king, so the price of these is the best I have found.

It's also the "ply". These do not state that they are single ply, so the thread count may actually be significantly lower than 300. For example, if they twist two yarns together and put 150 of those yarns per inch, they can sell it as "300 thread count", even though it's 150 scratchy buggers per inch.

cdahlkvist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cdahlkvist

300 Thread Count? What is this peasantry?

It would be more comfortable to sleep on sheets made from 12 grit sandpaper.

Does Woot think we are poor people?

Too much to list - Bye bye retirement - Thanks Woot!

djarvie1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djarvie1

To Woot---

Why don't you guys offer additional pillowcases packages when you offer sheet sets? I have queen sized bed with both king and standard pillowcases. Being able to purchase the additional pillowcases would increase the likelihood of my purchasing a sheet set. I can't be the only person who's thought of this.

Mooklyn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Mooklyn
cdahlkvist wrote:300 Thread Count? What is this peasantry?

It would be more comfortable to sleep on sheets made from 12 grit sandpaper.

Does Woot think we are poor people?

No no no, I, a sheet snob, bought many at-the-time-high-thread-count sheets that were 200TC before Y2K, and they were lovely. These days manufacturers exaggerate the thread count in many innovative ways, see the link to "explaining thread count" in someone's post, above. Last time Woot had single-ply 400TC sheets I bought and am amazed at the quality - thick, soft, exactly what I wanted. But today's Woot sheets do not call to me.

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090

In response to the write-up:

Lloyd Lloyd all null and void

JKirkmd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JKirkmd

Anyone have experience with U.S.-size sheets on European-size mattresses? Specifically, queen size: in U.S., it's 60" wide, but the European is 160cm (63") wide. Probably depends on how high the European mattress is, on whether the fitted queen-size sheet would work.

beckf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beckf

My thoughts exactly

TwinCreeks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TwinCreeks

I find it odd that they will take "organic" cotton and then dye it with man-made chemical dyes. Kinda negates the idea of "organic."

Does that make sense to you? It doesn't make sense to me.

pandora831

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pandora831

No - all cotton is not organic. Organic cotton comes from non genetically modified plants and does not use fertilizers or pesticides. Organic is also about where/how the crops are planted and rotating them to keep the soil healthy.

labyrinthia

quality posts: 14 Private Messages labyrinthia
thumperchick wrote:The "Organic" label is a lot shorter than, "We didn't douse our plants in chemicals, or splice their genes, or use artificial nutrient sources; also, we didn't do any of that to our animals..."
What would you prefer? (I really am curious)

And now - to the subject!

How soft and/or durable are these sheets?

Any word that didn't already have a clearly defined, scientific meaning.

blzben

quality posts: 4 Private Messages blzben

No thanks, I prefer my cotton sheets to be inorganic.

rollick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rollick

If the write up makes you sad, try searching for information about cotton farmers in India. I want to know if this product is somehow contributing to the welfare of real people, or causing misery.