dschumann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dschumann

Minneapolis is a great airport, if you're a marathon runner! To get from one terminal to the next takes forever. It's a middle sized city with an airport bigger than O'Scare.

Autobahn42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Autobahn42

It's a toss up for me. Newark (EWR) and Phili (PHL) are both miserable airports. I would take a flight into Cleveland and then a commuter to Allentown just to avoid eitehr Phili or Newark. Sadly the closest I have ever gotten to a Basket of Cairn Terrier is Boca Raton.

indyphantom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages indyphantom

Atlanta!!

sibleydc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sibleydc

LGA. Oh my goodness, what a dump.

natedogg828

quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828

Newark

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

Ken D

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ken D

Atlanta is awful. Do not like flying through there EVER!

dangallo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dangallo

The only time I ever traveled through LAX the airline couldn't figure out how to hand my luggage to the connecting flight so we had to pick up our bags and re-check them which wouldn't have been so bad if any of the baggage check carousels had signs indicating where you luggage might be and wasn't a 1/2 mile walk. Then we had to walk like 4 terminals (about a mile) with 100 pounds of luggage. Awesome. There was a mountain of construction zero signs zero competence.

Any flight out of Newark EWR after 3 pm on a weekday is virtually guaranteed to be delayed. The closer you get to the end of the day the longer the delay 2+ hours typically.

mrsque

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mrsque

Charlotte...I've missed connecting flights and have had them calling me over the intercom because I was too busy SHOPPING. pitiful.

*I* have FIVE Quality Posts! no, seriously...how did that happen?!

tmfrizzell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tmfrizzell

ATL

prorer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prorer

PHL, Philly

philosopherott

quality posts: 3 Private Messages philosopherott

I am don't like Newark that much but Atlanta has to be the worst.

tlcpony69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tlcpony69

Detroit hands down!

hobiekopek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hobiekopek
danhendrickson wrote:I second that. EWR is the worst. And to add insult to injury, just being in New Jersey leaves me with an all over dirty feeling.

EWR is an awful airport, though I disagree with the rest.

klyde99

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klyde99

Newark

"You stay classy!"

ToadiesLB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ToadiesLB
clairedeluna wrote:Atlanta-Hartsfield. I will happily fly through O'Hare (which is really bad) if I can avoid Atlanta.

I second that! ATL airport is truly hell on earth.

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

They all suck. But Atlanta sucks even more.

atknsn04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atknsn04

I have been through Atlanta and O'Hare numerous times, and will deal with them every time over Philadelphia. Philly is incredibly slow and sketchy. Also...right before Christmas when everyone is traveling, they had 3 security gates open. 3. It took 2 hours to get through the line, and I almost missed my flight.

thelocker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thelocker

LaGuardia sucks for its cramped and aged setup and SFO sucks for the in/out security to hit a connecting flight... oh yeah, can you also take off all your clothes and do a handstand in this magic scanner I just invented.

dchochrek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dchochrek

Newark!

captfillet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captfillet

Philadelphia.... yuck!

tempus49

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tempus49

Atlanta is the worst...

workinpoor

quality posts: 15 Private Messages workinpoor
merd919 wrote:It's Houston for me.

YES! Houston is terrible.

connorbush

quality posts: 2 Private Messages connorbush

O'Hare is a dream compared to LAX. LA native.

sparklecoogs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sparklecoogs

I agree Atlanta is terrible, especially during a first visit.

I will defend BWI (Baltimore) as one of the easiest airports to deal with, despite a few comments to the contrary. And it probably doesn't get much easier the MKE (Milwaukee), although it's not a common destination for most.

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

In terms of actual problems with flights for me personally.... Las Vegas. Flying in, out, and through....multiple times each. I've slept in their terminal more than I care to think about.

PapaMidnight

quality posts: 4 Private Messages PapaMidnight

Say what you want about LAX, chances are more likely than not that you'll get out of there on time unless something is going on with your destination airport.

O'Hare is so bad, the very first Google Suggestion is "O'Hare Delays".

6 years bag-of-crapless and counting...

jorred

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jorred

Newark... the pits!

firegate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firegate

Salt Lake City. Anyone who's ever flown through there will agree, it's a disaster.

melmat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melmat

Seatac and Denver are my most fav. airports to go thru..... Denver is my all time fav. 6 hour + layover, no prob. hope on over to one of their many smoking bars, smoke it up, drink it up!

debnot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages debnot

Atlanta, hands down.

debnot

rlight98

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rlight98

Definitely, Atlanta!

BigDirty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BigDirty

LaGaurdia is the WORST, and Seth Meyers confirmed it a year or so ago.

Newark is absolutely delightful, as it has Porter service to Billy Bishop (YTZ) 13x Daily!

Burgandy Olfactory Center - Christmas '07, Christmas '11

meanolthing

quality posts: 1 Private Messages meanolthing

Totally agree with the BWI disdain, I much prefer DCA. I've always had pleasant experiences in Milwaukee and Denver. Apparently the new Detroit airport is supposed to be well thought-out.

ktappe

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ktappe

I disagree with all those saying Philly. It's my home airport and is not that bad compared to others. For example, at least it has seats, which is more than I can say for JFK. We had a layover there and there were literally no seats at our gates so imagine 100 people all either standing or sitting on the floor. Also in Philly at least you don't need to take a train to your plane as you do in Atlanta, Houston, or Denver.

deedee75oh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deedee75oh

Denver hands down. Hate it.

nikela85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nikela85

Salt lake city, Utah- Worst. Airport. Ever. Not only is this the most bland, colorless airport I've ever been stuck in, it had almost no good food choices to make my stranded trip any better. I was stuck there 3 days, everytime I tried to get some shut eye and attendant would come over and ask if the plane that was getting ready to leave was mine. Or a cleaning person would come over and vacuum by me. It was the worst experience ever. Now if I had been in a more entertaining airport like say sky harbor or ever detroit's really beautiful airport (odd for detroit, I know, I expected to be mugged or murdered). All in all I try to avoid that airport at all costs.

nikela85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nikela85
firegate wrote:Salt Lake City. Anyone who's ever flown through there will agree, it's a disaster.

Agreed!

baierjj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baierjj

LaGuardia, especially the "new" Delta concourse. Who ever thought replacing the seating in an already over-crowded gate area with booths and counters was a good idea. It probably reduces seating capacity by about half. It's almost impossible to find a place to sit in the waiting area. People end up standing around the gate long before their flight is called.

joshmonkey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages joshmonkey

I haven't lived there for a few years, but I used to fly back and forth between LGA and STL a lot, and LGA (while not new or shiny) was much easier to get around, and generally faster than STL. I feel like everything takes forEVER in STL.

I LOVE SeaTac. I have little kids (2 and 4), and they have a special lane so families can skip the line at security and go right to the ID checkpoint immediately before the scanners. So awesome.

My least favorite airport anywhere is Heath Row. Every time I've been there, everyone who works there has been rude and unfriendly, and it was hard to find my way around.

spittmanjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spittmanjr
flobob wrote:I hate flying thru Atlanta!!!!!

Came to say the same. The 7th circle of hell doesn't hold a handle to ATL - Hartsfield.