quality posts: 0
Denver. Sorry, but I just HATE those trains!
First WOOT 23 April 2007
129 WOOTs as of 17 Feb 2013
quality posts: 4
Cloud wrote:Any airport with TSA! I hated ATL, ORD, and DEN until 9/11, but they're all bad to get through now. Only thing worse is a layover in any Amtrak station!
Agreed! I'm old enough to remember when flying on an airline used to be fun. Ruined by:
1) Totally Stupid A**holes (TSA)
Okay, sometimes they're decent, and sometimes they're competent. Sometimes.
2) Shrinking seats and seat space.
3) Pricing games and frustrating frequent flyer programs.
4) Bogus rules designed to make flying miserable. Example 1: attendants tell you not to walk around, so you're not supposed to stretch unless going to the bacterial swamp they call a bathroom. DVT, anyone? Example 2: no camera use during take-offs and landings. Bogus reason: your camera might interfere with the avionics. Real reason: in the event of a crash (which is most likely during take-off and landing), a camera (or cell phone, etc.) could become a missile, hitting the person in front of you in the back of their head. Easy solution: require users to use secure wrist straps. Draconian airline solution: give bu**sh*t to passengers and ban all use.
5) Etc! Flying has become something to be endured, not enjoyed.
Oh, right. This is supposed to be about airports. If you want a lesson in how to screw up a nice, small airport, look at Santa Barbara. They spent millions to make things easier for the TSA and cra*pier for passengers.
When rich or powerful people propose a change, it is designed to make them richer or more powerful.