12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 3008 Private Messages lichme

jamesclaflin

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jamesclaflin

Definitely considering this woot. Looking forward to reading your comments, theres always good info/advice

morriea

quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea

This one is PURE and SIMPLE. OUTSTANDING price on an OUTSTANDING tablet. NEW!

outer78

quality posts: 13 Private Messages outer78

wasn't best buy doing this for $430 with the dock a little while back?

edit - eh maybe not without a little price match trickery and it was for $400...

Definitely a deal worth applauding for...finally woot!

If anyone wants a tablet and this is in your price range, then GET IT NOW! will probably sell out around 2pm maybe sooner.

Wanna take bets?

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3645 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

This tablet has some fans (4.4 out of 5.0) over at bestbuy.com

njkatz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages njkatz

Great price on this. I've had one for about a month and like it very much. Very thin and light, beautiful screen, and very responsive. I also have the keyboard which makes it into a small notebook, which I can use for work. Memory card slot is also nice to have. Better than average camera for a tablet.
So, so sound. Battery life is not as good as on my Samsung Galaxy,but still decent.
Overall a nice tablet.

Nick

bmrbill

quality posts: 138 Private Messages bmrbill

Here's the Asus site.

I'm hoping this is the right one...

cobyn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cobyn

have had one since release, great tablet, even better rooted running Cleanrom.
-amazing battery life
-32gb is enough for everything
-hdmi mini port is great, exports 1080p
-camera is pretty good for a tablet
-bright screen and great pixel density for easy reading.

PM me for links to how to root and load custom roms

morriea

I hope everyone is ready for the people to post the TF101 price, the TF300T Price, the TF201 Price, etc. and complain about the deal not being good.

PLEASE everyone. This is the INFINITY, not the Prime, not the Pad300, etc. A better deal is highly unlikely.

jamesclaflin

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jamesclaflin

Im trying to do my best to not be a pest and research myself, but will someone help me? Is this the same thing?
http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-TF700T-B1-GR-10-1-Inch-Tablet-Gray/dp/B008F4NL04

tracker1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tracker1

Decent pricing.. I was thinking about what I paid for my N4 and N7.. but looking, the Nexus 10, direct from Google at the 32GB memory size is $499.. which makes this one a decent deal.

Would double check the roms out there, to make sure there's a clean jellybean 4.2.x rom available.

-- Michael J. Ryan - http://tracker1.info

ZedAvatar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ZedAvatar

I'm curious about the color of this tablet - the description says it's grey, but the pictures appear to be the "champagne gold" version of the Infinity.

cktrancer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cktrancer
ZedAvatar wrote:I'm curious about the color of this tablet - the description says it's grey, but the pictures appear to be the "champagne gold" version of the Infinity.

If the last two letters is CG then it's champagne, else if GR then it's grey

nah85

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nah85

Possibly for this to play dvd's with an external dvd player?

spun4621

quality posts: 3 Private Messages spun4621
nah85 wrote:Possibly for this to play dvd's with an external dvd player?

Nope, sorry.

iniquityx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iniquityx
jamesclaflin wrote:Im trying to do my best to not be a pest and research myself, but will someone help me? Is this the same thing?

Yup.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure because Woot descriptions says gray, but Woot listed model for champagne. Regardless, the internals are identical.

morriea

WOOT...could you confirm the color as I am looking for a matching keyboard dock for it?

martmann4

quality posts: 14 Private Messages martmann4

I've owned one of these (the 64GB version) for a while now.
It is very nice, excellent screen!

Asus is pretty quick with the updates too.

What I don't like:

The proprietary charge connector.

Not as responsive as my Nexus 7.

I love my Nexus 7 much more, but mostly because it's more portable, if my Nexus was gone, my Infinity would be with me all the time.

Learn how to post a link:
[url]THE WEB ADDRESS[/url]
11 extra keystrokes, that show you care.

http://www.woot.com/Forums/languages/en-US/docs/bbcode.aspx <Like that.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ZedAvatar wrote:I'm curious about the color of this tablet - the description says it's grey, but the pictures appear to be the "champagne gold" version of the Infinity.

We removed the color from the title. That way it can be any color you want.

FYI: The model number and photos are correct.

UPDATE: It's champagne.

PS: If you haven't done so yet, be sure to take a look at the Woot video on Tools. It's a doozy.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jarco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jarco

In for 1 (phew!) But I wanted the champagne. No color selection appeared when checking out minutes ago but my order details now shows gray is that default color? Did i miss the drop down selection? Maybe I fat fingered it. Either way keep a lookout when checking out.

Email sent to support so they can change checkout color selection and fix my order to champagne. (KB already purchased in champagne)...Fingers and toes crossed.

bobthegoat2001

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bobthegoat2001

I'd be all over this, but why are tablet manufacturers determined to keep using microSD card slots? Standard SD card slots would make more since for a tablet. This way people can use both an SD card or microSD cards with an adapter.

The only manufacturer that I know of that does this is Toshiba with their Thrive and Excite tablets (the Excite is what I own now, the 64 GB model).

SD cards are normally bigger (Lexar just released a 256 GB SD card, microSD is still at 64 GB) and I like being able to take my SD card from my camera and view them on my 10.1" tablet screen. Sadly my camera's SD card won't fit in a microSD card slot.

ThunderThighs

Staff

jarco wrote:In for 1 (phew!) But I wanted the champagne. No color selection appeared when checking out minutes ago but my order details now shows gray is that default color? Did i miss the drop down selection? Maybe I fat fingered it. Either way keep a lookout when checking out.

Email sent to support so they can change checkout color selection and fix my order to champagne. (KB already purchased in champagne)...Fingers and toes crossed.

There is no color selection. You're getting the color pictured. We forgot to remove 'Grey' in one spot. It's fixed now.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

BTBAM

quality posts: 2 Private Messages BTBAM

Err Nexus 10 anyone?

jarco

ThunderThighs wrote:There is no color selection. You're getting the color pictured. We forgot to remove 'Grey' in one spot. It's fixed now.

Thanks.. You guys rock!

jarco

BTBAM wrote:Err Nexus 10 anyone?

I was on the fence between the 2 but the camera quality, expandable msd slot and screen resolution of the Asus made me chose this bad boy.

Here's a decent review w/ benchmark comparisons and other great info.
http://www.engadget.com/2012/11/02/nexus-10-review/

efooter

quality posts: 18 Private Messages efooter

Owned one of these for a while now. It replaced the laptop in my backpack. Found that the video recording is superb. Wireless is a bit dodgy, antenna isn't as good as I'd hope it to be.

Never bought a dock for it because of the confusion between the TF201 label on the supposed TF700 dock. Not sure I regret that decision, the battery life is just fine.

outer78

quality posts: 13 Private Messages outer78
bobthegoat2001 wrote:I'd be all over this, but why are tablet manufacturers determined to keep using microSD card slots? Standard SD card slots would make more since for a tablet. This way people can use both an SD card or microSD cards with an adapter.

The only manufacturer that I know of that does this is Toshiba with their Thrive and Excite tablets (the Excite is what I own now, the 64 GB model).

SD cards are normally bigger (Lexar just released a 256 GB SD card, microSD is still at 64 GB) and I like being able to take my SD card from my camera and view them on my 10.1" tablet screen. Sadly my camera's SD card won't fit in a microSD card slot.

AH but a microSD card will fit into an SD adapter(will usually come with it if buying name brand).

as for the whole 64 vs 256? well I don't know what to tell ya.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Welcome back! Look what we've added!

Read all about it here!

Also, just to keep from repeating ourselves, we'll be answering all the questions in that thread rather than on every thread on every site.

If you're having problems ordering, don't hesitate to speak up, of course.

FORUM MODERATOR

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8
ThunderThighs wrote:Welcome back! Look what we've added!

Read all about it here!

Also, just to keep from repeating ourselves, we'll be answering all the questions in that thread rather than on every thread on every site.

If you're having problems ordering, don't hesitate to speak up, of course.

FINALLY!!

Seriously though, this is great, been hoping for this feature.

somarilnos

quality posts: 1 Private Messages somarilnos

This is the tablet I use. Absolutely stunning screen (1920x1200 is amazing resolution, even though the Google Nexus 10 is higher at this point. The screen also is well lit and has really good control over brightness). On top of that, it has a MicroSD slot, so on top of the 32 GB, you can expand this heavily.

The tablet credentials enough are worth it. But they call this a transformer for a reason. You can separately buy a dock for this that will give you a keyboard, extended battery life, and a full sized SD slot. All in all, between the slots on the dock and the tablet itself, you can buy your way up to another 192 GB of storage for this. And you can use it on digital media to watch on this beautiful screen. And it's a great price.

acraigl

quality posts: 45 Private Messages acraigl

I have this exact tablet and love it. The screen is amazing and enjoy the large storage (including the external SD slot).

A few things:
- The device is easily rooted for extra control (and this does not void warranty)
- The device is easily unlocked to install different ROMS (this DOES void warranty)
- Asus has been great with updates (now up to Android 4.2.x)

My is currently unlocked and running a custom ROM (Chromi-x) and doing very well

I paid about $100 more for this unit, new, so I would agree that this is a good deal. If anyone has specific questions on this tablet, I will be happy to address them.

mcogan1966

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mcogan1966

Bought this model for my wife last year. She absolutely loves it. I have been somewhat jealous of her having it for some time, but never found something I truly wanted at a price that I could justify. Leave it to Woot! to make me an offer I could not refuse.

Is Woot! the new Godfather?

mcogan1966

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mcogan1966
outer78 wrote:AH but a microSD card will fit into an SD adapter(will usually come with it if buying name brand).

Addendum. The microSD is the same that is used in most current smartphones. You could easily use the same card for both (if yo don't mind opening up your phone to transplant).

me4tj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages me4tj

Pick up the dock and you've got a great laptop alternative.

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Transformer-Infinity-TF700-Mobile/dp/B008FH1R0W/ref=pd_rhf_cr_s_cp_1_1B22

scott.hall

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scott.hall
jamesclaflin wrote:Im trying to do my best to not be a pest and research myself, but will someone help me? Is this the same thing?

Yes.

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090
nah85 wrote:Possibly for this to play dvd's with an external dvd player?

Rip the DVD and copy the file to the SD card. It's easy and free.
http://www.winxdvd.com/dvd-ripper/
Certain friends may be able to teach you how to download a copy of your DVD that is already in a file format. The thing to remember about Android is that with MX video app, there is not a format that it can't play- so you don't have to worry about transcoding it into a particular file type. Unlike our Apple friends, Android plays it all and best of all-> NO ITUNES.

mattatsiuc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mattatsiuc

Three thoughts:

- The awesomeness of this tablet is not in doubt. The Prime had a bit of a scandal (metal backplate and wifi/GPS issues) but the Infinity is much improved.

- As a very satisfied owner of the TF101, I'd REALLY recommend the keyboard dock. It's silly to skip it.

- While this is a great price, it's ACTUALLY only $63 less than Woot's sister site, Amazon (the same 32GB model is currently $438 w/Prime):

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-TF700T-B1-CG-10-1-Inch-Tablet-Champagne/dp/B008F4NL0O/

pmuscian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pmuscian

I was jonesing for the earlier model sold on Woot with the KB a few months back but couldn't pull the trigger. This was too good a deal to pass up--in for one! The hub will get my Sammy Galaxy, also bought on Woot.

Do we know what color the TF is? I plan to order a KB but would like it to match ;-).

phowe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phowe

Does this tablet have a sim card slot? It would be nice to add it to my ATT mobile share for $10/month?
Thanks
Porthouse

[MOD: No, it does not.]

PORTHOUSE