Brown030803

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Brown030803

Why not use a micro SD card with adapter for your camera, then put the micro into the tablet slot?

gak0090

quality posts: 75 Private Messages gak0090

This is my favorite Android tablet. Despite the fact that the Nexus 10 display is higher resolution, I think that the sweet spot resolution for a 10 inch tablet is 1920 x 1200. Plenty of resolution for HD while not wasting resources driving pixels that don't have content supporting it. The dock for the transformer series is also first rate, offering another battery and, USB port. these are nice and have great build quality. The Nexus 10 is also nice, but doesn't feel quite as upscale.

jpeg543

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jpeg543

I've been looking to pick up this model of the Transformer Infinity for a LONG time now, but couldn't bring myself to spend $500 on it. Thank you Woot for finally selling the TF700T model, and NEW at that!

techknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages techknight

There was a Manufacturer Refurb model with same configuration on sale for $329 with free shipping! Saw it 2 days back from BuyDig via Ebay.

gak0090

bobthegoat2001 wrote:I'd be all over this, but why are tablet manufacturers determined to keep using microSD card slots? Standard SD card slots would make more since for a tablet. This way people can use both an SD card or microSD cards with an adapter.

The only manufacturer that I know of that does this is Toshiba with their Thrive and Excite tablets (the Excite is what I own now, the 64 GB model).

SD cards are normally bigger (Lexar just released a 256 GB SD card, microSD is still at 64 GB) and I like being able to take my SD card from my camera and view them on my 10.1" tablet screen. Sadly my camera's SD card won't fit in a microSD card slot.

This may not be the most elegant solution, but you have a lot of options. This will give you a full size usb port that you could hook a card reader, HD or whatever up to. It's only $15.

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-External-Adapter-Transformer-Series-Tablets/dp/B005PAINXQ

ManiacDan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ManiacDan

I've had this tablet for a few months now, and I love it.

Pros:
Battery life (14+ hours of use with the keyboard dock)
HDMI Out
Keyboard dock
3 storage locations (internal, microSD, SD) PLUS a USB port
Bright, clear screen
Bluetooth
Fast processor
Quick, frequent updated

Cons:
Not as responsive as I'd like, probably due to the small amount of RAM
Proprietary charging port AND ELECTRICITY REQUIREMENTS make charging and using this thing a pain.

Bottom line is, if you buy this, spring $160 for the keyboard and another charger, otherwise you'll just be ticked off. You CANNOT use a standard charger for this. You cannot use a wall wart you got with your phone, you cannot use the one that works on iPads, you cannot use the ones woot sells on tech.woot, you can ONLY use the one Asus sells.

*Edit:* After discussion below, I plugged the tablet's USB cable into a powered USB hub and waited. It will charge (albeit slowly) from a powered USB hub, but I still haven't found any wall chargers other than the official one to charge it, even "tablet" chargers which promise to work with the iPad and N10. */Edit*

Otherwise, it's a fantastic little computing device, I use it all day at work and it's practically replaced my 17" laptop for meetings, presentations, note taking, editing ms office docs, etc.

garbyrator

quality posts: 3 Private Messages garbyrator

I've had this one since release and I love it. I loved it even more once I got the keyboard . . . doubled the battery life and nothing like having a full keyboard. I stopped taking my laptop from work home anymore since I can do it all from my Tablet, running Citrix receiver app.

I've also used the keyboard's full sized USB slot while vacationing in Disney to charge my phone and let the kids stream videos on Netflix on their WiFi.

Runs a Tegra 3 processor, very quick on applications built for it, awesome graphics.

Biggest improvement over the TF101 is the little plastic strip across the top of the back, that's where the WiFi radios are located which corrected the terrible connection that the Prime was plagued.

As others posted, Asus is awesome at updating, and getting us on the newest version and there isn't very much bloatware that is built into their Android, since they don't mod it much. Buy it!!

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, but you always Woot.

dvagnoni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dvagnoni

Anyone know if the dock for the Transformer Prime will fit this thing? I have the prime (unfortunately) and I have HAD IT with the Wifi issues. If I can pick something up that shares the same dock, I'll consider it. Otherwise it's off to Samsung.

smcspad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smcspad
ManiacDan wrote:I've had this tablet for a few months now, and I love it.

Pros:
Battery life (14+ hours of use with the keyboard dock)
HDMI Out
Keyboard dock
3 storage locations (internal, microSD, SD) PLUS a USB port
Bright, clear screen
Bluetooth
Fast processor
Quick, frequent updated

Cons:
Not as responsive as I'd like, probably due to the small amount of RAM
Proprietary charging port AND ELECTRICITY REQUIREMENTS make charging and using this thing a pain.

Bottom line is, if you buy this, spring $160 for the keyboard and another charger, otherwise you'll just be ticked off. You CANNOT use a standard charger for this. You cannot use a wall wart you got with your phone, you cannot use the one that works on iPads, you cannot use the ones woot sells on tech.woot, you can ONLY use the one Asus sells.

Otherwise, it's a fantastic little computing device, I use it all day at work and it's practically replaced my 17" laptop for meetings, presentations, note taking, editing ms office docs, etc.

However, you CAN unplug the standard U.S two-prong plug from the end of the "proprietary" charging cable. This will give you a standard USB plug on one end and the proprietary charging plug on the other. Plug this it into any powered USB hub or directly into a USB port on your computer to charge the tablet.

When you plug the charging cable into a USB port on your computer you can also easily transfer files between the two devices. The Asus Micro-SD and internal storage show up on the PC as two additional hard drives. Another neat feature: You can purchase an inexpensive USB-to-RJ45 adapter that will provide reliable, high-speed, wired Ethernet access on this tablet. Using this instead of (or in addition to) the tablet's built-in wireless gives you much faster response for file transfers and Internet browsing.

vcholman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vcholman
bobthegoat2001 wrote:I'd be all over this, but why are tablet manufacturers determined to keep using microSD card slots? Standard SD card slots would make more since for a tablet. This way people can use both an SD card or microSD cards with an adapter.

The only manufacturer that I know of that does this is Toshiba with their Thrive and Excite tablets (the Excite is what I own now, the 64 GB model).

SD cards are normally bigger (Lexar just released a 256 GB SD card, microSD is still at 64 GB) and I like being able to take my SD card from my camera and view them on my 10.1" tablet screen. Sadly my camera's SD card won't fit in a microSD card slot.

I know it is an added expense, but the keyboard dock has an SD card reader. I have a 300 with dock and love the USB port and SD card reader on it. I can use a mouse or external hard drive. Very cool added functionality.

lacksfocus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lacksfocus

At Christmas my brother gave me a refurbished 10" Asus tablet that he bought on Woot. I'm not sure if it's exactly the same one... looks the same except it's black on the back.

I have been absolutely in LOVE with it... until it died suddenly yesterday. No kidding, just last night.

It was fully charged, and I was playing Candy Crush. I set it down to answer the phone, and when I picked it up, it had shut itself off and won't turn back on.

I have no idea what happened or what to do. Any suggestions?

I'M SO SAD

hennesy80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hennesy80
jamesclaflin wrote:Im trying to do my best to not be a pest and research myself, but will someone help me? Is this the same thing?
http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-TF700T-B1-GR-10-1-Inch-Tablet-Gray/dp/B008F4NL04

GR = Amethyst Gray in the model number. CG= Champagne

pukeboy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pukeboy

Be careful when attempting to use those huge-capacity cards, that the device has SDXC (as opposed to just SDHC) support.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Inappropriate and gross post. Deleted multiple times for a reason. 48h

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 48 hours and then try posting again.

mrfishwhiskers

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mrfishwhiskers

@Woot Staff - What happened to free shipping on everything for a given day? I ordered something today using kids.woot, cleared out my cart. Now I want to order something else and its charging the $5 shipping.

Seems like its cart load based and not all purchases for the day. I hope this isn't the new way cause things sell out and you need to pounce on them.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 539 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mrfishwhiskers wrote:@Woot Staff - What happened to free shipping on everything for a given day? I ordered something today using kids.woot, cleared out my cart. Now I want to order something else and its charging the $5 shipping.

Seems like its cart load based and not all purchases for the day. I hope this isn't the new way cause things sell out and you need to pounce on them.

The $5 per day shipping promotion has ended. We now have a cart where you pay $5 per order, no matter how many items are in the cart.

Read more about it here

To keep from repeating ourselves, we'll only be answering questions over there. It'd be nice for comments to be one one place as well.

◄••• Click • • • Or Click here •••► How to Play

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 539 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ThunderThighs wrote:Welcome back! Look what we've added!

Read all about it here!

Also, just to keep from repeating ourselves, we'll be answering all the questions in that thread rather than on every thread on every site.

If you're having problems ordering, don't hesitate to speak up, of course.

◄••• Click • • • Or Click here •••► How to Play

bencoate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bencoate

We own this tablet. Asus has 3 Transformers on the market right now (original, Prime and Infinity). This is the most recent to market, and has the best balance of features (my opinion).
We bought a transformer BECAUSE of the optional docking keyboard.
Lots of tables have optional keyboards, but the transformers put a second battery in the keyboard dock, nearly doubling your battery life. It also gives you USB (with real usb connector - mice, flash drives, etc). It has a touchpad for mouse if you want it to act like a laptop.
The tablet has a micro SD, and the dock has a regular SD. I can take my card from my camera and transfer photos directly to my tablet.
I can save movies micro SD cards and have a movie player for the kids on trips. Changing Cards = more movies.
Some tablets have marginally higher performance specifications, but this tablet had the best all around features of all.
Strongly recommend. Best Android tablet on the market.

morriea

quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea
mattatsiuc wrote:- While this is a great price, it's ACTUALLY only $63 less than Woot's sister site, Amazon (the same 32GB model is currently $438 w/Prime):

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-TF700T-B1-CG-10-1-Inch-Tablet-Champagne/dp/B008F4NL0O/

Do you know how much added memory for this you can get for $63? Or a nice case? Or screen protector? etc.?

A $63 savings at this price is the definition of a deal.

ManiacDan

smcspad wrote:However, you CAN unplug the standard U.S two-prong plug from the end of the "proprietary" charging cable. This will give you a standard USB plug on one end and the proprietary charging plug on the other. Plug this it into any powered USB hub or directly into a USB port on your computer to charge the tablet.

I just tried. It's sitting here in my lap. I plugged it into my 5v, 2.1A "tablet recharging battery" I bought off woot. Nothing. When plugged into my powered hub on my monitor caused the tablet's screen to indicate a cable was attached, but the charging light did not light up. Same with the iPad charger, laptop USB port, and powered docking station port.

The manual says that the tablet MAY charge while plugged into a computer, but only if the tablet is off, and charging could take more than 8 hours. At that point, I feel comfortable saying it simply doesn't charge that way. It certainly never charges for me.

---

I actually waited 10 minutes to finish posting this. In the last 10 minutes it's been on and sitting here on my desk with the battery meter open. It's been plugged in to my monitor the whole time. In that time, it's gained 1% of battery life on the keyboard dock.

It seems that you can charge from a computer's USB port, but only if it pumps out enough power, and even then very very slowly. Externally purchased wall warts and dongles definitely will NOT work, though.

bytheshore

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bytheshore

Does anyone have the ASUS MeMO Pad 7" (ME172V) that they can compare to this one? (besides the size). I noticed that HSN has the 7" on sale as it's "Today's Special" today, choice of either 16BG or 32GB.

ManiacDan

lacksfocus wrote:At Christmas my brother gave me a refurbished 10" Asus tablet that he bought on Woot. I'm not sure if it's exactly the same one... looks the same except it's black on the back.

I have been absolutely in LOVE with it... until it died suddenly yesterday. No kidding, just last night.

It was fully charged, and I was playing Candy Crush. I set it down to answer the phone, and when I picked it up, it had shut itself off and won't turn back on.

I'M SO SAD

Plug it into the wall and hold the power button for 10 seconds. Release and repeat.

charliekwalker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages charliekwalker
pmuscian wrote:I was jonesing for the earlier model sold on Woot with the KB a few months back but couldn't pull the trigger. This was too good a deal to pass up--in for one! The hub will get my Sammy Galaxy, also bought on Woot.

Do we know what color the TF is? I plan to order a KB but would like it to match ;-).

This model is the Champagne Gold color.

jlunski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlunski

Thanks Woot, I just got my Nexus 10 two days ago and then you do THIS to me. If it wasn't for the restock fee at the Play store and having to pay return shipping I might have considered returning my N10 to get this Asus.

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady
ThunderThighs wrote:UPDATE: It's champagne.

Ewwwwwww....

Well... I suppose that will work for a Mother's Day gift. Now if Woot would just offer her the matching shoes....

morriea

quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea
bytheshore wrote:Does anyone have the ASUS MeMO Pad 7" (ME172V) that they can compare to this one? (besides the size). I noticed that HSN has the 7" on sale as it's "Today's Special" today, choice of either 16BG or 32GB.

I have a 7" MeMo Pad. I bought it to have a GOOD bargain tablet with microSD card slot. It is easily one of the BEST bargain tablets. The optimal word being BARGAIN. There is absolutely no comparison to this tablet. The MSRP for the MeMo is $150 (which is what I paid, how much is the HSN asking?) and well worth it. Comparing these two tablets is very much apples to oranges.

ManiacDan

smcspad wrote:
When you plug the charging cable into a USB port on your computer you can also easily transfer files between the two devices. The Asus Micro-SD and internal storage show up on the PC as two additional hard drives. Another neat feature: You can purchase an inexpensive USB-to-RJ45 adapter that will provide reliable, high-speed, wired Ethernet access on this tablet. Using this instead of (or in addition to) the tablet's built-in wireless gives you much faster response for file transfers and Internet browsing.

Also, the file transfers only work with Asus drivers. It doesn't show up as a real USB device, it shows up as a special ASUS thing. It doesn't work on linux (unless you google around and write your own scripts for mounting/unmounting it), and I haven't even tried it on Mac. I've found it much easier to just take the SD cards out and plug them directly into a real card reader. Using the table is stupidly slow on windows and doesn't work in my primary OS

wickedme91

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wickedme91

I picked a open box for $270 from microcenter two weeks ago. Came complete with 11 months warranty except no box. Was way better deal than Nexus 7 - bigger, better display, camera, storage, micro sd etc while other specs are comparable.

I'm not a fan of the stock software though - below average keyboard and too much crapware.

Anybody planning to get a 2nd charger be careful - this requires 1.2A @ 12V chargers. They are relatively expensive and uncommon (but not rare). So is the custom port to USB OTG cable.

Also, I don't think it can be rooted unless on 4.0. So be careful about updating it to 4.1.

wickedme91

ManiacDan wrote:I just tried. It's sitting here in my lap. I plugged it into my 5v, 2.1A "tablet recharging battery" I bought off woot. Nothing. When plugged into my powered hub on my monitor caused the tablet's screen to indicate a cable was attached, but the charging light did not light up. Same with the iPad charger, laptop USB port, and powered docking station port.

The manual says that the tablet MAY charge while plugged into a computer, but only if the tablet is off, and charging could take more than 8 hours. At that point, I feel comfortable saying it simply doesn't charge that way. It certainly never charges for me.

---

I actually waited 10 minutes to finish posting this. In the last 10 minutes it's been on and sitting here on my desk with the battery meter open. It's been plugged in to my monitor the whole time. In that time, it's gained 1% of battery life on the keyboard dock.

It seems that you can charge from a computer's USB port, but only if it pumps out enough power, and even then very very slowly. Externally purchased wall warts and dongles definitely will NOT work, though.

This requires 1.2A @ 12V charger. This is the only device I know of that uses this spec. Available on Amazon for $13 and up.

wickedme91

lacksfocus wrote:At Christmas my brother gave me a refurbished 10" Asus tablet that he bought on Woot. I'm not sure if it's exactly the same one... looks the same except it's black on the back.

I'M SO SAD

Try a hard reset

pmuscian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pmuscian

Sorry if I'm being dense here. The "color pictured" looks like grey to me, but everyone seems to be saying we're getting the champagne colored one based on the 2 letters at the end of the model number in the product description. Can someone please clarify the actual color for the benefit of my addled brain? Many thanks.

ThunderThighs wrote:There is no color selection. You're getting the color pictured. We forgot to remove 'Grey' in one spot. It's fixed now.

ewnabommer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ewnabommer

I've had this tablet for about 6 months.

The good:
Beautiful, on or off.

Good cameras.

Generally snappy performance.

The bad:
Netflix is AWFUL on it. Buggy, crashes, blech. Want to punch it.

Speaker is terrible. Quiet, badly placed, tinny. Use headphones.

Battery life is so-so. It's bad enough to make buying the keyboard dock more than just a mere convenience. You'll be glad to have the extra power.

The bottom line is that for the price, it's a good tablet if you want a 10-inch Android and don't intend to be away from power for more than a day.

gak0090

ewnabommer wrote:I've had this tablet for about 6 months.

The bad:
Netflix is AWFUL on it. Buggy, crashes, blech. Want to punch it.

Turn on "force gpu rendering" in developer settings, that fixes the Netflix issues.

linton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages linton
ZedAvatar wrote:I'm curious about the color of this tablet - the description says it's grey, but the pictures appear to be the "champagne gold" version of the Infinity.

Read the features it says that it is champagne!

ManiacDan

wickedme91 wrote:This requires 1.2A @ 12V charger. This is the only device I know of that uses this spec. Available on Amazon for $13 and up.

I bought a 3.1A, 15w, 5V charger. Damn. I'll keep this in mind.

Edit: Where are you finding these? I looked at 20 wall chargers and none go higher than 5v.

feralparakeet

quality posts: 8 Private Messages feralparakeet

How is it that Woot always pops up with the perfect deal within a day or two of my previous laptop dying?

In for one, and I hopped over to Amazon to pick up the keyboard dock, too.

So much for buying myself a kegerator for my birthday...

ocelotito

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ocelotito

I am so tempted. My Samsung Galaxy just started giving me screen problems. Is this new or refurbished?

HgTstr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HgTstr

The price for the gray model is now $399 at Amazon.

mattatsiuc wrote:
- While this is a great price, it's ACTUALLY only $63 less than Woot's sister site, Amazon (the same 32GB model is currently $438 w/Prime):

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-TF700T-B1-CG-10-1-Inch-Tablet-Champagne/dp/B008F4NL0O/

fuzzysapiens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fuzzysapiens
nah85 wrote:Possibly for this to play dvd's with an external dvd player?

Yes. There is one external DVD player that will work. I've had the Samsung SE-218BB/RSBS sitting in my Amazon cart for months, because if you mount it in AV mode, you can use it with the Infinity pad. I don't NEED to do this, so I haven't bought it, because at this point I'd just be spending $40 to play around.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008AJLPYS

mcogan1966

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mcogan1966
ocelotito wrote:I am so tempted. My Samsung Galaxy just started giving me screen problems. Is this new or refurbished?

The password is "NEW".

gak0090

fuzzysapiens wrote:Yes. There is one external DVD player that will work. I've had the Samsung SE-218BB/RSBS sitting in my Amazon cart for months, because if you mount it in AV mode, you can use it with the Infinity pad. I don't NEED to do this, so I haven't bought it, because at this point I'd just be spending $40 to play around.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008AJLPYS

you're right. Here is some more information on setting it up:

(1) Install mxvideo player on your tablet.

(2) Plug your dvd writer SE-218 into your tablet via usb.

(3) Press the eject button to eject the tray.

(4) While the tray is open, press and hold the eject button until the green light on the tray stays lit. Then release. This brings your dvd drive into av mode.

(5) Close the tray.

(6) Now, eject and open the tray and put in a dvd.

(7) Your tablet will now recognize your dvd as a usb device. Your tablet will appear to be frozen for about 10 seconds. Don't panic! It's just reading the dvd disc. Just leave it alone until it's read it.

(8) Using a file manager, navigate into the usb device and find a vob file that is big, like a couple gigs or so. Play it with your mxplayer.

VOILA! You can now play dvd's on-the-go. Please spread the word. Amazon is only selling this puppy for 34 bucks. Well worth it!

Edit.

I forgot to mention. You will have to eject the tray and long press the button for 3 seconds after every time you plug in the usb. The default mode is pc drive. In order for it to work with android, it will have to be in av mode.

Oh gosh, I can already foresee all the whiners whining about how long pressing the button for 3 seconds after each time they plug the usb cord in is too much trouble. Good god, you people should go get the ipad so that you won't have to worry about playing dvd on your tablet at all.
Feeling overwhelmed by all these instructions meant for smarties? Well, you're in luck because I've made a Viewsonic G-Tablet For Dummies where all the instructions are dumbed down for dummies.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=32777889