alanhwoot

quality posts: 40 Private Messages alanhwoot

Re: charging. Like most tablets, it really requires more power than a standard USB outlet can provide (usually 500mA at 5v, or 2.5 watts).

Some notes I've found say that it will charge slowly if turned off.

The proprietary charger provides 1200mA at 15v, or 18 watts.

So unless you're very patient, use the ASUS charger.

toddhatkins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toddhatkins

I have the TF-701 with keyboard and my wife has the TF-300. The TF-300 is slightly thicker than the TF-700 so it won't dock to my keyboard. To keep the story straight, we are only talking tablets... No personal problems here Mister! ;-)

Todd H. Atkins

mattatsiuc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mattatsiuc
HgTstr wrote:The price for the gray model is now $399 at Amazon.

Thanks! I hadn't even thought of checking the price on the gray model. I still think saving $63 is a good (but not great) deal -- of course, if you compute it as a percent it's OUTSTANDING! -- but given that the gray is available for $25 more I'd say this offer is starting to look just a little bit more like a "clear out older inventory" type of sale. (Let me put it this way -- I'm betting we see the TF700T at $350 in the next woot-off, which should be any day now.)

Forgive my cynicism. I'm one of the MANY wooters who jumped on the Viewsonic Gtab when it first got liquidated on woot.

Either way this is probably an all-time low price on the Infinity and if it's only 10% better than my TF101 it's a superb device.

morriea

quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea
mattatsiuc wrote:Thanks! I hadn't even thought of checking the price on the gray model. I still think saving $63 is a good (but not great) deal -- of course, if you compute it as a percent it's OUTSTANDING! -- but given that the gray is available for $25 more I'd say this offer is starting to look just a little bit more like a "clear out older inventory" type of sale. (Let me put it this way -- I'm betting we see the TF700T at $350 in the next woot-off, which should be any day now.)

Forgive my cynicism. I'm one of the MANY wooters who jumped on the Viewsonic Gtab when it first got liquidated on woot.

Either way this is probably an all-time low price on the Infinity and if it's only 10% better than my TF101 it's a superb device.

Let me see if I have this right...$63 savings is good, not great, yet $13 more off is a deal?

I will get my $13 worth of use having it, and using it, before the price goes lower. Heck, if I wait a couple years, it will be less than $200.

KidKobun

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KidKobun

Great deal on a solid tablet! I got one for Christmas and love it! The start up time seems a bit slow, but that could be some of the widgets I have loaded. Screen is absolutely beautiful though! The only think I don't like about this one is the color. The one I have is a metallic blueish-purple.
But if you're on the fence with this one, jump on over to the other side and pull the trigger.

ddulie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ddulie
dvagnoni wrote:Anyone know if the dock for the Transformer Prime will fit this thing? I have the prime (unfortunately) and I have HAD IT with the Wifi issues. If I can pick something up that shares the same dock, I'll consider it. Otherwise it's off to Samsung.

I have a 32G TF700T Infinity with a TF201 keyboard and it works nicely, no issues. I went with the TF201 due to it's larger battery. Got the kb for $99 back in November @office depot.

ddulie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ddulie

As an added bonus an HDMI cable can be connected thus allowing you to send your movies etc, to a big screen. Asus calls it a micro HDMI port. I chose a 10-15 ft cable so it reaches from the chair.
"Micro HDMI to HDMI Male to Male Cable"

Whatever is on the tablet is on the screen.
*If you get a cable watch out not to get a mini HDMI cable, it is different and will not work.

kiranhegde

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiranhegde

I had a question on shipping. It says 3-5 days. Will you be shipping it after 3-5 days. can you give more details on the type of shipping, 2 day, 5-7 day shipping, usps, ups, fedx, etc

ManiacDan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ManiacDan
ddulie wrote:Asus calls it a micro HDMI port.

So does everyone else. My last 3 cell phones have also had a micro HDMI port. It's a standard port type. The difference between micro and mini is the same as the difference between micro and mini SD. This tablet uses micro everything.

qwerty82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qwerty82

Everyone seems to really love this tablet. I just picked up the TF300 that Woot had on Sellout's Woot Plus section the other day (I haven't gotten it yet). And I took a quick glance through the specs for both of them and it looks to me that they are basically the same except I traded 16GB for a keyboard dock (and the 300 is a refurb). Can anyone confirm my thoughts?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kiranhegde wrote:I had a question on shipping. It says 3-5 days. Will you be shipping it after 3-5 days. can you give more details on the type of shipping, 2 day, 5-7 day shipping, usps, ups, fedx, etc

I'll try to help. It ships in 3 to 5 days. It's drop shipped directly from the vendor so I'm not sure how exactly it's shipped but it is FedEx most often.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

bunodosoma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bunodosoma

We have the TF300 with the keyboard dock. It greatly enhances the utility and battery life of the tablet. I ran across a refurb (not new) Infinity with keyboard for $389 at Newegg.

bunodosoma

momrox1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages momrox1

What, no sellout?

morriea

bunodosoma wrote:We have the TF300 with the keyboard dock. It greatly enhances the utility and battery life of the tablet. I ran across a refurb (not new) Infinity with keyboard for $389 at Newegg.

Display (pixel density and IPS) and faster CPU are the main differences along with a flash for the camera, higher quality front camera and a bit thinner and lighter

Your tablet is top notch, especially with the Dock.

rocketmjgee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rocketmjgee

Been waiting for awhile for a qual tab,, with all the good/great reviews I think i'm in for one.... Thnx wooters

stevenator1957

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevenator1957
rocketmjgee wrote:Been waiting for awhile for a qual tab,, with all the good/great reviews I think i'm in for one.... Thnx wooters

Yes I'm pulling the trigger also. Thanks also for wooter posts as I was waiting last minute. I don't know how long I will be purchasing here from now on with all the changes in shipping and whatnot. Bought a lot of stuff here and with Amazon, both been top notch. The world is forever changing, adapt and learn, keep moving. Think I'll grab a few bottles of Geyser Peak on way out.
CYA

lostone233

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lostone233

I went for it also.
Unless there are a lot of Asus shills, here, it seems to win mostly highly positive responses.

Been wanting to get a good tablet with GPS.

We'll see if this one fits the bill.

Thanx for all the info!

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii
outer78 wrote:wasn't best buy doing this for $430 with the dock a little while back?

edit - eh maybe not without a little price match trickery and it was for $400...

Definitely a deal worth applauding for...finally woot!

If anyone wants a tablet and this is in your price range, then GET IT NOW! will probably sell out around 2pm maybe sooner.

Wanna take bets?

You lose.

yajeec163

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yajeec163

Hate to bust all the good reviews out, but this tablet sucks. I have one of the first to come out, so maybe I got a bad one. Every update makes this thing run slower, especially Netflix. Forget about getting a good signal upstairs- WiFi is still an issue. Should have listened to my son and got an iPad. Trying to dump this junk off on someone else so I can get a real tablet.

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii
morriea wrote:I hope everyone is ready for the people to post the TF101 price, the TF300T Price, the TF201 Price, etc. and complain about the deal not being good.

PLEASE everyone. This is the INFINITY, not the Prime, not the Pad300, etc. A better deal is highly unlikely.

Wrong.

Refurb ASUS Infinity 10" 32GB Android Tablet, Dock for $349 + free shipping
newegg offers the refurbished 1.3-lb. ASUS Transformer Infinity 10.1" 32GB LED-Backlit Google Android Tablet in Gray, model no. TF700T-B1-GR, bundled with the ASUS Docking Station in Gray, model no. TF500-DOCK-GR, for $349 with free shipping. That's $40 under yesterday's mention and $143 under the lowest total price we could find for these items new elsewhere. The tablet features an NVIDIA Tegra 3 1.6GHz quad-core processor, 1GB RAM, 10.1" 1920x1200 LED-backlit LCD, 32GB internal flash storage, NVIDIA ULP GeForce graphics, 8-megapixel back-facing camera, 2-megapixel front-facing camera, rear LED flash, 802.11n wireless, microSD card slot, HDMI output, gyroscope, GPS, Google Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), and more. The keyboard dock features a touchpad, USB port, SD card reader, and more.

morriea

dliidlii wrote:Wrong.

Refurb ASUS Infinity 10" 32GB Android Tablet, Dock for $349 + free shipping
newegg offers the refurbished 1.3-lb. ASUS Transformer Infinity 10.1" 32GB LED-Backlit Google Android Tablet in Gray, model no. TF700T-B1-GR, bundled with the ASUS Docking Station in Gray, model no. TF500-DOCK-GR, for $349 with free shipping. That's $40 under yesterday's mention and $143 under the lowest total price we could find for these items new elsewhere. The tablet features an NVIDIA Tegra 3 1.6GHz quad-core processor, 1GB RAM, 10.1" 1920x1200 LED-backlit LCD, 32GB internal flash storage, NVIDIA ULP GeForce graphics, 8-megapixel back-facing camera, 2-megapixel front-facing camera, rear LED flash, 802.11n wireless, microSD card slot, HDMI output, gyroscope, GPS, Google Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), and more. The keyboard dock features a touchpad, USB port, SD card reader, and more.

...and not a single one is NEW.

surveyah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages surveyah

Anyone get theirs shipped yet? I am still waiting....

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

surveyah wrote:Anyone get theirs shipped yet? I am still waiting....

it can take about five business days (usually fewer) to process your order & ship it out. as mentioned above, since this is drop-shipped from our vendor, we'll be waiting for them to notify us when they get it shipped out, and then we'll send you that information. since this sale was on the 19th, it might be a little early to get too antsy.

if you're concerned about the status of your order, however, you can always email Support@Woot.com.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

surveyah

Well this is the 4th day since i ordered it...even though 2 were "non-business" days, it would seem to me that it should have been taken care of in that amount of time...

PemberDucky wrote:it can take about five business days (usually fewer) to process your order & ship it out. as mentioned above, since this is drop-shipped from our vendor, we'll be waiting for them to notify us when they get it shipped out, and then we'll send you that information. since this sale was on the 19th, it might be a little early to get too antsy.

if you're concerned about the status of your order, however, you can always email Support@Woot.com.

sameerkulkarni

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sameerkulkarni
surveyah wrote:Anyone get theirs shipped yet? I am still waiting....

Same here ... waiting .....

surveyah

Come on Woot......lets get those tablets shipped out!!

surveyah

Woot email:

"Thanks for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your concerns as well as your business.

Your order can take up to 5 business days to ship, not including the actual purchased date. You will be provided tracking information once it becomes available.

Woot Member Services"

and how long after it "ships" can i expect to "receive" it.......ridiculous amount of time to wait.....

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

surveyah wrote:Woot email:

"Thanks for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your concerns as well as your business.

Your order can take up to 5 business days to ship, not including the actual purchased date. You will be provided tracking information once it becomes available.

Woot Member Services"

and how long after it "ships" can i expect to "receive" it.......ridiculous amount of time to wait.....

I know it seems like a long time but you ordered it on Friday and today is Monday. So we're on the first business day.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

sameerkulkarni

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sameerkulkarni

While we are waiting for the tablet to arrive, can folks post the accessories and their reviews? Definitely the new owners will have to buy a protective case/sleeve/jacket. Anything else? microSD Card?

feralparakeet

quality posts: 8 Private Messages feralparakeet

My dock showed up this morning, which is making me extra antsy. It seems that shipping times are a little longer than they used to be, which makes me sad.

Argh, hurry up already!

wrgben

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wrgben
sameerkulkarni wrote:While we are waiting for the tablet to arrive, can folks post the accessories and their reviews? Definitely the new owners will have to buy a protective case/sleeve/jacket. Anything else? microSD Card?

I've got three covers sitting in my Amazon cart while I debate the finer points of each of them:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008XBMY7U/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2IHZFOHOQ0WG8

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008OHFT5W/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1GC47N5J8F7IJ

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008KYNG40/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2VT4H683M5NNA

I'm leaning towards the Acase one even though it's slightly more expensive, but I'd be interested to hear woot (har har) others have to say.

It seems the Asus-made Transleeve is hard to find, if not downright impossible.

surveyah

I have this cover in my Amazon Wish List....only because I am considering the keyboard as well.

http://www.amazon.com/KaysCase-Keyboard-Docking-Transformer-Infinity/dp/B008GFMM4S/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2I2Q2ZF8V6YHS&coliid=IOZSEVEM3NH1D

Does anyone know of any other keyboards for this (besides bluetooth).....I couldn't seem to come up with anything cept the Asus one

(STILL waiting for it to be shipped - sighsssss)

morriea

wrgben wrote:I've got three covers sitting in my Amazon cart while I debate the finer points of each of them:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008XBMY7U/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2IHZFOHOQ0WG8

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008OHFT5W/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1GC47N5J8F7IJ

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008KYNG40/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2VT4H683M5NNA

I'm leaning towards the Acase one even though it's slightly more expensive, but I'd be interested to hear woot (har har) others have to say.

It seems the Asus-made Transleeve is hard to find, if not downright impossible.

The Acase looks like it has slots for the speakers. I bought it.

morriea

Hey morriea,

Good news! Your Woot order #44491531 from Friday, April 19, 2013 is now on its way.

Some orders come complete in one shipment. Others are divided into multiple shipments. If you have more packages on the way to complete this order, we'll email you the tracking info for those as they are shipped.

BUT, more importantly..."04/23/2013 2:54 A.M. Out For Delivery"

Looks like it shipped...THEN the shipping was updated in the system - for everyone that has been complaining.

Since ASUS (or "the vendor") did the shipping, it only a matter of the info getting WOOT! and it being input.

wrgben

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wrgben
surveyah wrote:
(STILL waiting for it to be shipped - sighsssss)

Mine just shipped! W00t!

Or rather it shipped on Friday and will be delivered tomorrow. W00t^2.

morriea

Oops, correction. Mine is here (1st to WOOT! has its benefits). Plugged in and charging.

surveyah

congrats to all you early wooters....i am still waiting on mine to ship out...

jchkao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jchkao

Still waiting for mine to ship as well.

jchkao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jchkao
feralparakeet wrote:My dock showed up this morning, which is making me extra antsy. It seems that shipping times are a little longer than they used to be, which makes me sad.

Argh, hurry up already!

Did this come with a dock? I don't recall this deal including a dock for the tablet.

morriea

For everyone. If you plan to root and unlock the bootloader, do NVFlash first and root before updating. The tablet will start to download the 1st update as soon as you connect to WiFi. Do not install it if you want the NVFlash (makes it unbrickable). There are decent instructions at XDA and a good video on YouTube.

This is updating automatically through the Asus OTA to 4.2.1 which is a recent Jelly Bean build.