gmertl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gmertl

Just got it; user's manual states to download and install Adobe Flash Player from Android Market - how do I do that - I tried browsing for it in Chrome and found Adobe Reader but not Adobe flash for android..

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

gmertl wrote:Just got it; user's manual states to download and install Adobe Flash Player from Android Market - how do I do that - I tried browsing for it in Chrome and found Adobe Reader but not Adobe flash for android..

this isn't my wheelhouse, but
this link to archived versions of Adobe Flash may help.
otherwise, you might want to contact Asus for support.

or maybe one of our awesome community members might be able to shed some light on this!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

morriea

quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea
gmertl wrote:Just got it; user's manual states to download and install Adobe Flash Player from Android Market - how do I do that - I tried browsing for it in Chrome and found Adobe Reader but not Adobe flash for android..

The User's Manual is for the device as shipped (Android Ice Cream Sandwich). Once you update the OS through ASUS, Flash will no longer be supported through Google Play. If you want to add it you will need to side load it onto the device or download it from another location. The above link is a great place to start. Go there on your tablet. Click a link. You cannot hurt it by trying to download the wrong one.

spinkieboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spinkieboy

Got mine and it's a bit dented at the bottom near the power-plug. Their's also a gap near the bottom, shows sign of being pry'd open.

I really want a new one.. is their a way I can exchange this with Woot? Or do I have to contact Asus for a replacement.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

spinkieboy wrote:Got mine and it's a bit dented at the bottom near the power-plug. Their's also a gap near the bottom, shows sign of being pry'd open.

I really want a new one.. is their a way I can exchange this with Woot? Or do I have to contact Asus for a replacement.

Sorry about the damage.

I'd get in touch with Asus directly about a replacement, but you can also send an email to Support@Woot.com and we'll be happy to assist with the process.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

gmertl

Anyone know how to load "contacts" from yahoo account to this tablet - I just go off with ASUS Chat and they stated :

"You will not be able to import contacts from your yahoo account

It can be done but you will need a third party application to do that. This third party application does not come with the transformer

By third party application, this means that its not asus related therefore i am not able to provide that assistance."

Any help from you techie gurus would be greatly appreciated!

johnnytraveler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnytraveler
gmertl wrote:Anyone know how to load "contacts" from yahoo account to this tablet - I just go off with ASUS Chat and they stated :

"You will not be able to import contacts from your yahoo account

It can be done but you will need a third party application to do that. This third party application does not come with th

By third party application, this means that its not asus related therefore i am not able to provide that assistance."

Any help from you techie gurus would be greatly appreciated!

If you download the yahoo mail app from the play store you can do the following.
1. After you have logged in, open the app. The left hand column will show your inbox, sent, spam et al. Scroll down that left panel until the bottom where you will see settings.
2. In settings open 'account settings' than 'other'
3. Click the top choice 'sync yahoo! contacts.'
btw, I get my t700t today, so I'll have better answers if you have any problems. This information is from the yahoo app on my older samsung tablet.

johnnytraveler

morriea wrote:The User's Manual is for the device as shipped (Android Ice Cream Sandwich). Once you update the OS through ASUS, Flash will no longer be supported through Google Play. If you want to add it you will need to side load it onto the device or download it from another location. The above link is a great place to start. Go there on your tablet. Click a link. You cannot hurt it by trying to download the wrong one.

You can also use the stock browser (blue planet like icon), opera or boat browser. You can not use dolphin, firefox or chrome as they don't support flash.

gmertl

johnnytraveler wrote:If you download the yahoo mail app from the play store you can do the following.
1. After you have logged in, open the app. The left hand column will show your inbox, sent, spam et al. Scroll down that left panel until the bottom where you will see settings.
2. In settings open 'account settings' than 'other'
3. Click the top choice 'sync yahoo! contacts.'
btw, I get my t700t today, so I'll have better answers if you have any problems. This information is from the yahoo app on my older samsung tablet.

THANK YOU SO MUCH IT WORKED!!@@@!

gmertl

johnnytraveler wrote:You can also use the stock browser (blue planet like icon), opera or boat browser. You can not use dolphin, firefox or chrome as they don't support flash.

Hello, the ASUS Chat on line recommended dolphin browser - so I am using it-- haven't done much browsing yet so I'm still on the fence.

pbcooprider

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pbcooprider

Got both yesterday. Finally got UPS tracking info from PayPal, shipped from IL. In sealed boxes...both work great. Sticker on dock box says "Model: TF700/TF201 Mobile Docking" & "TF700T-DOCK-CG"

Typing this on my new TF700 with dock now. So far love both tablet and dock!

johnnytraveler wrote:Let us know if the keyboards ship, are new and working. Great price!

pbcooprider wrote:I ordered 2 TF700 Dock Champagne from this site....

http://www.aaotots.com/TF700-Dock-Champagne-p/tf700tdockcg.htm

$105.77 and free shipping. Couldn't find a whole lot about this vendor but they do have an ebay store. So far it shows shipped. We'll see. They still show them in stock.

Oh....my 2 finally show shipped today with a delivery day of 4/29 to Idaho.

johnnytraveler

gmertl wrote:Hello, the ASUS Chat on line recommended dolphin browser - so I am using it-- haven't done much browsing yet so I'm still on the fence.

Dolphin is great. It is what I use. Lots of great features and fast. However, it doesn't support flash. IMO, no big deal as I don't come across too many sites requiring flash.

gmertl

Anyone know how I can get "dial up" internet connection via the phone line on this tablet/dock - sometimes I am at a place with no wi-fi but there is a phone line: is there a USB connector of some sort?

morriea

quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea
gmertl wrote:Anyone know how I can get "dial up" internet connection via the phone line on this tablet/dock - sometimes I am at a place with no wi-fi but there is a phone line: is there a USB connector of some sort?

I know of no tablets that will do that. You must have some form of WiFi connection. If you have a smartphone, look into an App to turn it into a WiFi Hotspot. Your carrier will probably do it for a monthly fee or maybe FoxFi or the like.

gmertl

morriea wrote:I know of no tablets that will do that. You must have some form of WiFi connection. If you have a smartphone, look into an App to turn it into a WiFi Hotspot. Your carrier will probably do it for a monthly fee or maybe FoxFi or the like.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE!

wwang8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wwang8

I just got mine delivered today. After playing around with it, I feel it is not as responsive as some of the comments said it is. It lags a lot. Should I be worried?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 167 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

wwang8 wrote:I just got mine delivered today. After playing around with it, I feel it is not as responsive as some of the comments said it is. It lags a lot. Should I be worried?

Sorry for the late reply.
If you keep experiencing issues with your purchase, I would recommend that you contact ASUS Customer Support. They're usually very helpful with resolving particular problems. You could shoot them an email.

luthergaylord

quality posts: 0 Private Messages luthergaylord

I bought this tablet in April 2013. I'm pleased (enough) with it. Compared to my iPad, it does feel very laggy. Is that the nature of Android OS, or are there specific problems with this tablet?

I've read that ASUS used cheap NAND flash memory in this tablet, causing I/O bottlenecks and poor performance. http://youtu.be/S6Q0Qv3m36Q

Anyway, if you're still in search of the keyboard dock...

TF700T-DOCK-CG
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121134673733

luthergaylord

quality posts: 0 Private Messages luthergaylord

Best Buy Deal of the Day (10 July 2013)

TF700T-DOCK-CG $89.99

minmax2k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages minmax2k

A word to the wise for anyone considering purchase of a current ASUS product: I purchased my Transformer Pad Infinity on April 19th of 2013. On April 22nd of 2014 (3 days ago) it died. No indication of a problem prior to the moment it simply refused to execute the power up sequence beyond the initial logo screen. Hard resets have made absolutely no difference. Can't access any of my data, can't access the settings, NADA. Coincidence? Or simply very ironic, since the limited warranty is for one year, so it expired exactly 3 days before the table went belly up. Also, ASUS has a horrible support website. Just an FYI.

JKRAM

csimps11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages csimps11

Hey Woot what gives!

I bought this tablet last week and received the tablet and no keyboard on Monday, I logged a support ticket 2 days ago and no one has responded, where's the keyboard that's included in the order?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 167 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

csimps11 wrote:Hey Woot what gives!

I bought this tablet last week and received the tablet and no keyboard on Monday, I logged a support ticket 2 days ago and no one has responded, where's the keyboard that's included in the order?

Sorry to hear that you haven't heard back from Woot Member Services.

I've gone ahead and pinged Woot Staff to inquire about your email and investigate the issue.

Thanks for your continued patience during this matter.