sdilullo


quality posts: 36 Private Messages sdilullo
cf wrote:I'm glad I'm not the only one. : ) Congrats!



Grazie!

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 249
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

spartan112


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spartan112

Made my first cart order, 4 items but counted as one "Woot!". Now I'll never get to the black box

garzman80


quality posts: 0 Private Messages garzman80
spartan112 wrote:Made my first cart order, 4 items but counted as one "Woot!". Now I'll never get to the black box



Well that stinks. Another negative thing about this whole horrible situation. How did the woot-off go staffers? Are you guys rolling in the dough now?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

spartan112 wrote:Made my first cart order, 4 items but counted as one "Woot!". Now I'll never get to the black box



Were they 4 of the same thing or 4 different things? Four of the same thing have always counted as one woot.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

o2c


quality posts: 0 Private Messages o2c
ThunderThighs wrote:It will depend on where the items are coming from. I'm guessing you managed to somehow get a drop ship item and items from two different FBA warehouses. GOOD JOB!


I ordered four things in one cart and got four tracking numbers, two FedEx packages and two USPS packages. Anyone know if the first number matches the first item in the order? I skimmed some pages but didn't see an answer.

okitsme


quality posts: 0 Private Messages okitsme

Just adding my $.02. I just bought an item from tech woot, then found something else i wanted and discovered this great "improvement" of the cart vs $5 for all orders in one day. I think Woot as it morphs into the Amazon borg has forgotten who its customers are. I'll buy a lot less from Woot from here out, it used to be a fun impulse buy, but as you try and introduce these "subtle" changes designed to wring more profit out of us the fun ends......

No more purchases until they bring back the $5 all day shipping, Vote with your wallet!

andreaserben


quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

I wonder if we will find some people changing their LinkedIn profiles soon, and adding lines to their resume applying for new jobs:
"Successfully created and implemented transitioning from single-item order system to shopping cart"
"Saved employer XYZ in monthly shipping cost"

what the person the fails to mention are lines like this:
"was responsible for 50% reduction in item purchases with a price of $20 or less"
"slowed growth of revenue before shipping cost by 60%"

spartan112


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spartan112
ThunderThighs wrote:Were they 4 of the same thing or 4 different things? Four of the same thing have always counted as one woot.




Different items from different woot sites. All show up in 1 box in the "stuff you've bought". Obviously this doesn't really matter, just thought I'd mention it.

troytucky


quality posts: 0 Private Messages troytucky
mamajamerson wrote:This change will definitely be convenient, most of the time. It will, however, keep me from playing the Woot-Off game. With all of the free shipping offers available at other sites, I can only justify paying $5 by spreading it over more than one item.

So, yeah, thanks for preventing all of those future impulse purchases I would've made.



I AGREE, NOW THE 2ND PURCHASE I WANTED TO MAKE TODAY IS MUCH LESS AFFORDABLE AND ENCOURAGES ME TO LOOK ELSEWHERE.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

spartan112 wrote:Different items from different woot sites. All show up in 1 box in the "stuff you've bought". Obviously this doesn't really matter, just thought I'd mention it.


Hmmmm, interesting. Very interesting. I've passed it on to development to see what they say.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kreine60


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kreine60
jmalone wrote:Agreed, most of my buys here woot-off or not are impulse buys, and this will almost certainly cost me more or result in me buying less. I often jump on something I see early in the morning that I think will likely sell out, then return later in the day when i have time to check out Woot! Plus sales only because I have unlocked free shipping.

While Woot! considers their Woot!-Off prices 'crazy-low' enough to still be a deal, which I feel is debatable, I can't even count the number of times I have seen loyal Wooters use the "Sure Woot! is only $2 cheaper than someone else on the internet, but I already unlocked free shipping" to justify a purchase at more post-mothership takover (less classic Woot! crazy low) high prices.



I agree with all y'all. This change sucks. The worst is I don't monitor the blogs so only after getting dinged extra did I find out about this.
From changing the ladies shirts blanks (yes, I'm still pissed about that) to the new shipping rate policy I'm very hesitant to use woot sporadically. If you aren't constantly trolling you miss key information and end up getting burned.
Oh well, back to using dod and other sites ;-)

lactoholic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lactoholic
ThunderThighs wrote:No change for shirts.

Still free in the US for standard shipping.

International shipping is $5 per shirt. (PS: I'm double checking this, just to be sure.)



Hi,

It used to be $5 per shirt regardless of quantity. So you could order 2 XLs,
an S and whatnot and still be charged $5.

Now it's $5 per single shirt. This kinda bites. I had hoped the cart would bring in some sort of monetary saving on shipping. Now it has gone up in price if I ever want more than 1 of something.

Is this intentional or a bug?

If it's all intentional then much sadness has occured. :/

Lacto.

Alex52686


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alex52686

Way to piss off all your loyal patrons!

Customer from 2005 to 2013 RIP Woot

iguana71


quality posts: 4 Private Messages iguana71
romwil wrote:Hey gang.. Talking to Woot here.

Woot- I knew you back in the day. See my account? Joined in 2006. Been here ever since.

I'm one of those crazy people that have a full monkey collection.

I've been here through the cat picture days, the crazy April fools gags, the woot offs that literally ran for days...

I'd buy items on the fly- a quick impulse buy and then recheck during the woot off or the day because I 'got free shipping'.

No longer.

You lost your edge guys.

Look, I'm trying to help here... Remember what makes you different and stick to it. Remember...


Yeah, remember back in the day when you had your edge and charged $5 shipping for each order. Not like today where you...wait...?

Slarti59


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59
mutts wrote:Thank the folks at Amazon. This is a page from their playbook. They have watered down Prime by "add on items" and monthly "subscibe and save".



I don't mind the add-on items. I have Prime because I buy a lot of stuff on Amazon. The add-on item will still be there a few days later when I find something else I want to buy (and chances are I didn't need the add-on *now*). I can't "save" woot-off items to combine shipping later.

missdatabase


quality posts: 0 Private Messages missdatabase

Of course your new cart system is going to save us 37 years! Because the new cart HAS to save us something, right?

cj48197


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cj48197

I've been shopping on woot for a few years, due to an email address/password issue had to make a new account... Anyway, this past weekend bought three items and was charged $5 per item, which I thought was a glitch. I shop on an iPhone woot app exclusively, so I was unaware of the "cart situation". I emailed woot requesting a refund, and heard back... Hey! Welcome to our awesome new Shopping Cart System!!!! As someone who has spent thousands per year, I suppose I should be grateful my shopping habits have been curbed... So long woot-offs... Oh the times we have had ; ;

denniseaton


quality posts: 0 Private Messages denniseaton

Boooo! No more shopping throughout the day! Many things were great deals due to the all day shipping fee. Take away the cart and I will buy more.

jeepinmark


quality posts: 3 Private Messages jeepinmark

No word if they are going to change the policy for Woot! Offs?

efiore


quality posts: 1 Private Messages efiore

No more woot-off purchases for me thanks to the new 'shipping charges.' Often I would keep my eyes peeled for other purchases ... now at $5 a pop, the "savings" isn't all that great, especially with the often-exaggerated "MSRP" listings. The shopping cart isn't all that more convenient from the shoppers' perspective, though I'm sure it is better for business with fewer boxes leaving the virtual warehouse. Woot used to be cool. So sad.

kfloydj


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kfloydj

Learned about this today, the hard way.

It sucks and will definitely decrease impulse buys.+

mjonczak


quality posts: 2 Private Messages mjonczak

I joined WooT the day before the 4th of July, 2007. I was so impressed that they only charged $5 shipping for a washer & dryer shipped from Texas, when a local furniture company charged me $70 to deliver a sofa three blocks from my home.
The Woot-offs were my favorite WooT purchases, especially when you could buy all-day for only $5 shipping. Several weeks ago when they had their Woot-off, I purchased nothing. I hope that maybe with the next Woot-off I'll get back in the buying mood; but I doubt it. I'll still check all of the daily WooT offerings, but impulse buying has been curtailed.
Well, there's always the memories.

"When I die, I want to go             
as my grandfather did:                
quietly, peacefully, in his sleep. 
Not like his passengers." 

jdb6172


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jdb6172

The newer shopping cart and lack of $5 all day shipping, has just hurt your business. I bought an item earlier this morning that I thought may get bought out prior to me being able to purchase it later. Then I found out from my wife we should buy 2 additional for presents. To my surprise they were still available, but now with shipping going to cost an additional $5 (for a total of $10 for the day) since I didn't add to cart all at once, I will not place the order. A $95.00 order has now been reduced to $35. I love Amazon, but I find myself coming to Woot less and less as they make all these changes based on a corporate mandate. Simply said, I miss the old Woot.

barbboy


quality posts: 3 Private Messages barbboy

Good like getting rid of ANYTHING that is $20 or less.

Why not bring back the "unlock shipping" feature for Woot-offs only??

italianemperor


quality posts: 2 Private Messages italianemperor

Really shocked that you did not bring back unlimited for the woot-off.

At bare minimum, since you are using Amazon logistics Prime members should have free shipping. I would sign up for Prime if it extended to Woot.

jandwill


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jandwill

this site is such crap now. no true deal hunters pay $5 per item for shipping.

mdrcoast


quality posts: 11 Private Messages mdrcoast

Yeah, but I guess people are still buying. I would have had half my Christmas Shopping done by now but instead, saved a couple hundred bucks. Woot is correct that this is saving us time. (and me Money!)

Amazon Prime plus Amazon Chase Credit card makes Amazon much more attractive. That even might be the goal around here. I can't think of any other reason for the silliness of this during a woot-off.

cmcobra66


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmcobra66

I will not buy multiple things during woot off.Not with five dollar shipping per order. Good bye good ole days.

coriwhite


quality posts: 5 Private Messages coriwhite

I wonder if there is a significant difference in how long it takes items to sell out during Woot-Offs now compared to how long it took them to sell out during $5 all day shipping.

It sure seems slower.

takethemeatbridge


quality posts: 10 Private Messages takethemeatbridge
coriwhite wrote:I wonder if there is a significant difference in how long it takes items to sell out during Woot-Offs now compared to how long it took them to sell out during $5 all day shipping.

It sure seems slower.



Sometimes the items don't sell out. There is a timer on each item, and after a while you will see the % bar start to decrease.

You won't see this as much with the more expensive items, because the clock is proportional to the price, but a lot of the <$20 listings will disappear quickly if they aren't selling.

cwipperman


quality posts: 2 Private Messages cwipperman

Just realized I have been getting charged $5 for every order. On my fifth wootoff item (yeah, I'm stupid and never checked the total before hitting ”buy it). Thought there was a glitch and sent support an email, only to learn of the new policy. As someone who probably qualifies as a ”super-wooter”, this will drastically change my wooting habits. Every item just got $5 more expensive. This is a stoopid idea. Let me know when you go back to $5/day shipping.

I have come to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum!

rdgeorge


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdgeorge

YES!!! Take away the new shopping cart. Immediately!

Who needs it? Certainly not me nor most of the others visiting Woot.

With over 250 Woot purchases, I speak as a steady, loyal, long time customer.

As such, I say bring back the $5 total shipping charge for everything purchased within one day.

These new extra shipping charges on each purchase are insulting!

They're just an excuse to make a lot more money from all of us and make it look like we're being offered something "special".

Sorry, new "Corporate Woot"! Your announcement is nothing at all "special" to potential multiple purchase buyers.

Many Wooters have commented that recent Woot-Offs have proven to be less exciting than previous ones -- before Woot was acquired and changed its totally fun and unique business model.

The new, so-called "very special" additional $5 shipping charges on each Woot-Off purchase (just so we can have a shopping cart we don't want?) is one more clear reason not to participate any longer.

Look what happened to J.C. Penney when they lost sight of and ignored their customer base. Their CEO thought he personally knew better what his customers wanted or would tolerate.

The current score: Temporary Woot Profit Increase, 100; Woot Buyer Satisfaction, 0.

Prediction for continuing future purchases by current Woot customers: Other online sites, 100%, Woot, 0%.

Do I see myself continuing to be a loyal Wooter in the future? No. Not now.

Count me out if you continue with these ridiculous, insulting types of "special" buyer incentives like cumulative shipping charges.

It's your loss, Woot!

You can't say I didn't warn you.

rdgeorge

(A Wooter since January, 2008)



natedogg828 wrote:As one who was not asking for a cart, I will really miss the $5 all day shipping this could reduce my impulse buys, especially during woot offs



rdgeorge


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdgeorge

I neglected to point out that after my first purchase during the last Woot-Off, I began to purchase another item. I discovered I was being charged an additional $5 for shipping.

I tried additional purchases with the same result.

The result? Instead of making many more purchases during the day, I simply "walked away" from the Woot-Off. Uncharacteristically, I didn't buy any additional items.

Like most others who have commented, I assumed this was a mistake. I sent a message to Woot Customer Service, notifying them of the "error".

I received an email today notifying me that there was no error. Instead Woot claims it's a wonderful new policy! (Sure to bring joy to all Wooters everywhere!) Thanks to the subterfuge of introducing a delightful new "shopping cart", each additional purchase will now be dinged for an additional $5 shipping charge.

Taking away the "$5 all day shipping charge" may make sense to the Amazon and Woot corporate honchos, but not at all to their previously loyal customer base.

There are way too many other "daily sale" shopping sites, with special low prices and free shipping, for most of us to have to deal with this type of condescending treatment.

What's that old saying? "Put lipstick on a 'wonderful new convenient shopping cart' and it's still really only 'multiple shipping charges for multiple purchases'!"


rdgeorge wrote:YES!!! Take away the new shopping cart. Immediately!

Who needs it? Certainly not me nor most of the others visiting Woot.

With over 250 Woot purchases, I speak as a steady, loyal, long time customer.

As such, I say bring back the $5 total shipping charge for everything purchased within one day.

These new extra shipping charges on each purchase are insulting!

They're just an excuse to make a lot more money from all of us and make it look like we're being offered something "special".

Sorry, new "Corporate Woot"! Your announcement is nothing at all "special" to potential multiple purchase buyers.

Many Wooters have commented that recent Woot-Offs have proven to be less exciting than previous ones -- before Woot was acquired and changed its totally fun and unique business model.

The new, so-called "very special" additional $5 shipping charges on each Woot-Off purchase (just so we can have a shopping cart we don't want?) is one more clear reason not to participate any longer.

Look what happened to J.C. Penney when they lost sight of and ignored their customer base. Their CEO thought he personally knew better what his customers wanted or would tolerate.

The current score: Temporary Woot Profit Increase, 100; Woot Buyer Satisfaction, 0.

Prediction for continuing future purchases by current Woot customers: Other online sites, 100%, Woot, 0%.

Do I see myself continuing to be a loyal Wooter in the future? No. Not now.

Count me out if you continue with these ridiculous, insulting types of "special" buyer incentives like cumulative shipping charges.

It's your loss, Woot!

You can't say I didn't warn you.

rdgeorge

(A Wooter since January, 2008)



Moueska


quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
barbboy wrote:Good like getting rid of ANYTHING that is $20 or less.

Why not bring back the "unlock shipping" feature for Woot-offs only??



I'm down with that.

I do have ONE impulse buy sitting in my cart, though. GIVE ME A REASON, WOOT. ONE REASON.

tiggercae


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiggercae

Okay, Woot. I love you guys. At least I used to. I HATE that I lose 24-hour $5 shipping during woot-offs. Makes me mad.

tiggercae


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiggercae

I have not been happy with the "new" woot, either, since they were bought out. I have recently discovered nomorerack.com, and I have a line on some other good shopping sites. Sadly, I think I will be saying "Goodbye, Woot."

rdgeorge wrote:I neglected to point out that after my first purchase during the last Woot-Off, I began to purchase another item. I discovered I was being charged an additional $5 for shipping.

I tried additional purchases with the same result.

The result? Instead of making many more purchases during the day, I simply "walked away" from the Woot-Off. Uncharacteristically, I didn't buy any additional items.

Like most others who have commented, I assumed this was a mistake. I sent a message to Woot Customer Service, notifying them of the "error".

I received an email today notifying me that there was no error. Instead Woot claims it's a wonderful new policy! (Sure to bring joy to all Wooters everywhere!) Thanks to the subterfuge of introducing a delightful new "shopping cart", each additional purchase will now be dinged for an additional $5 shipping charge.

Taking away the "$5 all day shipping charge" may make sense to the Amazon and Woot corporate honchos, but not at all to their previously loyal customer base.

There are way too many other "daily sale" shopping sites, with special low prices and free shipping, for most of us to have to deal with this type of condescending treatment.

What's that old saying? "Put lipstick on a 'wonderful new convenient shopping cart' and it's still really only 'multiple shipping charges for multiple purchases'!"



p1800nut


quality posts: 1 Private Messages p1800nut

I call BS to this being any other than a way to enhance Woot! profit. So who asked for a shopping cart? I'm betting very few people buy multiple items at one time anyway, so what's the advantage? And it certainly sticks a fork in Woot-Offs.

The strange thing is that Woot! is doing this amidst increasing complaints that Woot-Offs are boring. Seems like a desperation move that is only going to turn off even more of us who once enjoyed Woot! for the fun.

p1800nut


quality posts: 1 Private Messages p1800nut
mshuisherself wrote:If Woot does want to be more efficient with their shipping (which admittedly I have laughed at before - getting 2 different style water bottles in 2 different packages!) - then do like someone suggested much earlier - wait until midnight, then treat all of a user's purchases from that day as a single order, and ship accordingly.



Amen!!

rdgeorge


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdgeorge
Skorcz41 wrote:Anybody else have tips for sites to replace Woot?




I've posted very little on these Woot discussions. (I've been primarily a silent and satisfied buyer -- with over 250 Woot orders so far.)

However, I'm happy to answer your question about alternative sites.

In addition to my Woot purchases, I have purchased from the following online stores, which all have excellent daily deal bargains.

Sites with free shipping on all items: 1SaleADay, DailySteals, IceMonkey, BensOutlet.

Sites on which many items are shipped for free: Tanga, GraveyardMall, NothingButSoftware.

I've been a Woot customer since January 2008, but my patronage has now screeched to a halt with the new shipping charges.

While I totally love the monkeys and the funny item descriptions, I hate Woot's sudden "in your face" multiple shipping charges (ostensibly required to provide us with a "wonderful new shopping cart")!

Unless there's a change very soon at Woot (both in policy and attitude), I won't be back.

Additionally, an apology to all previously loyal Wooters sure wouldn't hurt.

Over the past year JCPenney customers became dissatisfied, just like multitudes at Woot who have voiced their opinions.

JCPenney customers spoke up by shopping elsewhere. I certainly understand why. When a company unwisely disregards and disrespects its customers, it should fully expect to experience the dire consequences of its actions.

gregrdx


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregrdx
pseudogourmet98 wrote:Mostly a wine Wooter. Liked that I could get multiple deals for $5 shipping during woot-offs but will not be able to with the cart thing so this is disappointing. First the added sales tax, now $5 shipping per order, what's next??



Agree 100%