julieliu129

quality posts: 0 Private Messages julieliu129

Sorry but this is really DUMB. The $5 all day shipping was much much much much better. Because it now means as with before I would keep buying in the day, I wouldn't anymore because I would have to pay for extra shipping and let's be honest... if I have to pay $5 shipping on a $20 bluetooth speaker, I wouldn't buy it anymore. You have stuff that's under $10 as well and those are also out the window in purchases. That's just too bad. Before I could shop in peace and buy one at a time but end up with 5-10 things a day (like I do on zulily) but now, it's plan carefully. If it's not something that I HAVE TO HAVE, no more impulse purchases. I can always wait another day to see if something else I like and if so, then maybe I'll go back to the old thing I liked and add it to cart. If not, oh well. I guess it saves me money by not BUYING at all! But bad for woot right??? You're supposed to be about impulse purchases!

golncor

quality posts: 2 Private Messages golncor

would be better during wootoff, if customer selected put in cart, than you can pay for each item as it is added so you win/get what you want without shipping and then when done with purchases/wootoff, customer can open cart and go through the shipping function and then it would be possible to just have a single $5 shipping charge..

namzaps

quality posts: 6 Private Messages namzaps

Maybe late better than never but I want to chime in my disappointment at losing the $5 all day / woot-off shipping.

-JCH

guffone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guffone

Disappointing now that you have to pay shipping on all orders during a Woot Off. I myself would have bought more but not now that it will cost every time I purchase in a 24hr period.

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
guffone wrote:Disappointing now that you have to pay shipping on all orders during a Woot Off. I myself would have bought more but not now that it will cost every time I purchase in a 24hr period.

The problem is Woot might sell an item for $20 and only make $5 on the sale due to their low, low prices. If you get all day free shipping then they make no money on the transaction cuz they have to pay to ship the item. (not to mention the salary of all employees listing the item, packing it, shipping and so forth) They might lose money on a transaction! And we're not even talking about the 60" tvs they ship for $5.
I don't think they really considered woot-offs when they announced the all-day $5 promotion. I know SOME people really exploited it buying all the $0.99 items after unlocking free shipping just to make woot go broke.
The shopping cart and all the plus sales ("carty favors") are a good compromise. Load your cart with the side sale stuff you want and wait for a good woot-off item.

Edit: again I think people forget how, for years and years, it used to be $5 shipping for every single item. The cart option, compared to that, is awesome.