klezman


quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
pseudogourmet98 wrote:Mostly a wine Wooter. Liked that I could get multiple deals for $5 shipping during woot-offs but will not be able to with the cart thing so this is disappointing. First the added sales tax, now $5 shipping per order, what's next??



Question is whether the $5 will now go back to WD so that he can cut better deals with the wineries again. Otherwise mother-woot may be cutting off its nose to spite its face with our beloved wine.woot.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

jcolag


quality posts: 8 Private Messages jcolag

Incidentally, there's mention of...

...such stupid low prices in the Woot-Off...



Look, I buy stuff from Woot and am largely happy. I'll probably continue to do so even where you're very wrong about shipping policies.

However, are we sure about that? It seems to me that Woot-Off prices are pretty nigh invariably the same as...Woot-On(?) prices. Or, rather, now they're more expensive (again) by some fraction of a fiver, but you get the point.

It's been that way for the years I've been a customer, since long before the combined shipping, and I strongly doubt it would change when there are sales at the existing prices. That would be a stupid low price.

jaynelwells


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaynelwells

My first woot! experience w/o the "shopping cart" worried me since I thought I did something wrong or my connection was in error.
Once I completed ordering my 2nd item, I was all set and understood the woot! ordering process!

I liked the ability to order more items within 12/24 hours for only $5 shipping! Although, this process seemed to delay the actual booking of the order an extra day.
With the new "shopping cart" we still get $5 shipping on the whole cart, which is good!

I guess conforming to with a shopping cart for new woot! members would help to alleviate the 1st order confusion!

Best Wishes to my fellow wooters!!

Jayne L. Wells
Highland Lakes, NJ

tysfriends


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tysfriends

I'm pretty upset you didn't warn us sooner, I checked out twice not realizing and was charged and didn't even get everything I wanted. Sad day for this woot buyer, I was going to buy several of something and kept checking out to buy different versions. I'm kinda upset over it

TheCK


quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheCK
ThunderThighs wrote:

The other advantage now is that you should see fewer boxes when ordering multiple items (if they'll fit in the same box and they're coming from the same warehouse).



Wow are they paying you a bonus for pushing this as a good change? The cart is really not a feature - just looks like a way to get more money out of us for shipping. Fewer boxes....... Reallly?!?!? Like that was my concern with woot - I want to save boxes and get fewer of them. I use woot when I try to save money not to save boxes ......

I feel like this looks and smells of amazon trying to squeeze some money out of us and you are really stretching to find a "perk" for the buyers.

--TheCK

olcubmaster


quality posts: 31 Private Messages olcubmaster

We all got a bit spoiled by the "all you can ship for $5" but time to suck it up because it's gone.

For those upset about $5 per order during a woot-off, it's nothing more than going back to the way things were back in the day.

Now get off my lawn.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

TheCK


quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheCK
ajrod27 wrote:I'm being denied at checkout, which has never happened before. Possibly a bug?

Edit: Apparently my bank thought somebody was making fraudulent purchases with my account. It's resolved now and my order went through; not Woot's fault.



Of course your bank thought there were fraudulent charges - woot is charging people outrageous shipping prices now multiple times - they are going to get hit up as fraudulent all over the place

--TheCK

natedogg828


quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828
Woody1150 wrote:Well, I am old. In any case, I was referring to more traditional ones. Not the stupid having to check Twitter or FB or something stupid in the middle of the day.


it wasn't a social networking deal, it showed up as a plus sale

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

TheCK


quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheCK
bruce57 wrote:I'd think the prices need to be a LOT LOWER than Amazon-plus-$5 -- otherwise, you remove the "urgency" that is the cornerstone to Woot-Off purchases. If I know I can get the same product elsewhere for about the same price, I will probably put it off for another time. Let's face it: most of the products sold on Woot (and elsewhere) are not necessities.



We can say what we want - the truth is that if Woot sales drop - they'll change it back - if they don't drop they will swim in the extra profit - no sense in us making suggestions on what they are doing wrong - either they will fail doing it wrong or they will make more money - time will tell.

--TheCK

karadi


quality posts: 3 Private Messages karadi

I don't like this. It's very standard for me to buy a crap that I don't need, after I bought the crap that I "needed" just because there is free shipping rest of the day.

This is no fun. Woot if you are trying to like a "regular" site, then good luck with that.

wootabee


quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootabee

No.

Gatzby


quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
tysfriends wrote:I'm pretty upset you didn't warn us sooner, I checked out twice not realizing and was charged and didn't even get everything I wanted. Sad day for this woot buyer, I was going to buy several of something and kept checking out to buy different versions. I'm kinda upset over it



If you haven't yet, please get in touch with support@woot.com as soon as possible. They may be able to assist!

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

sweetkimy


quality posts: 1 Private Messages sweetkimy

Boo Woot!

I've been a die hard fan of woot offs, sitting in front of my computer for hours on end to buy as much as possible with my $5 daily shipping deal!

You just lost me. On those days I've happily spent hundreds of dollars on dozens of items, but I won't do it if you are forcing me to either risk losing the woot off deal or pay multiple shipping charges.

I do most of my shopping online. What I liked about this site is that you're different. With this stupid upgrade, you've just saved me tons of money by forcing me to more carefully evaluate whether I really want the stupid crap I was about to purchase.

Boo Woot!

CanyonRun


quality posts: 1 Private Messages CanyonRun
TomDavidson wrote:Yeah, this is pretty much the nail in the coffin of the Woot-Off, as every item has effectively become $5 more expensive.



YUP... thanks a lot amazon...

kwvw


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwvw

Woot is all about impulse buying regardless of Woot-offs. Over time, though, Woot has went from a few exceptional deals a day to many mediocre deals, and the margins have shrunk enough that $5 shipping makes all the difference. Now along with this "improvement", less and less distinguishes Woot from other vendors.

Now I have to do this little dance of deciding whether I need to pull the trigger on something right away or leave it in my cart to get a better overall deal on shipping? No thank you! I'm about to drop Woot altogether because it is getting easier everyday to just go buy elsewhere, and get the item in record time for about the same price. You don't even really get quality shipping for your $5 much of the time.

You want to do something truly revolutionary? How about free shipping, even if it still takes an extra couple days or makes the item cost an extra dollar or two? That would make Woot the awesome site it once was.

jmalone


quality posts: 3 Private Messages jmalone

I already complained for a couple of other reasons, but here's another few that are making me stew:

I sometimes order things from Woot! for work. I know, I know, "How could flying monkeys and roombas possibly benefit an IT department?" Well as much as I try and convince our CEO, he maintains that they don't. There are some things however, like AkroBins for storage, massive quantities of cheap batteries for keyboards/mice/cameras, and the odd refurb piece of tech that are legitimately decent deals on Woot!.

The problem is now if I want to make a purchase for work, pay for it with a company card and have it delivered to work, but also make personal purchases that I pay for and have delivered home, someone has to pay an extra $5.

The same issue exists when I buy wine and also non-booze. I always have wine delivered to work where I know there will be someone present (and purportedly sober) to receive it, but I don't want to lug whatever else I buy home because it was sent there. Plus, now I get to be judged for buying random crap by my co-workers.

Hey, while I'm at it, now I have to pay for everything the same way or lose $5. Pay cash from a debit card for a $10 flashlight but put a $400 tablet on a credit card? Your Woot! cart comrades say 'NIET!'

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 39 Private Messages fredrinaldi

woot should reconsider the woot off's, $5 all day shipping. I have gotten many things during woot off's (not wine) that I normaly wouldn't get becuase of the free shipping.

narquespamley


quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley

Did the person who wrote this statement:

"Real talk: we only ever had that $5 All You Can Ship in a Day promotion going because we didn't have a shopping cart. So now that we have a shopping cart, we're getting rid of it. Standard shipping is now $5 per order — just get all your stuff in one order, and it's basically the same thing."

Have his/her fingers crossed behind his/her back at the time of writing?

Because it resembles the sort of thing you find in cow pastures.

The reality is that you could have chosen to keep track of whether the $5 shipping fee had been paid previously on the same day at time of checkout and then either include it or not. But you chose not to, because, frankly, you want to increase your profitability.

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 39 Private Messages fredrinaldi
TheCK wrote:Wow are they paying you a bonus for pushing this as a good change? The cart is really not a feature - just looks like a way to get more money out of us for shipping. Fewer boxes....... Reallly?!?!? Like that was my concern with woot - I want to save boxes and get fewer of them. I use woot when I try to save money not to save boxes ......

I feel like this looks and smells of amazon trying to squeeze some money out of us and you are really stretching to find a "perk" for the buyers.



well said

I bought wine on woot plus yesterday, thought about it and went back 2 more times to buy more because of the free shipping.

Now that won't happen again

emmabean2000


quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000

Crap. Back idea Woot. Now I guess I will just go over to Amazon with my Prime membership....hey, wait a minute....

And I agree with Fred. No more random wine purchases due to free shipping...

CanyonRun


quality posts: 1 Private Messages CanyonRun

Oh myyyyy... can't we just call it like it is... it's been happening little-by-little since the acquisition... the amazoning of w00t! is just about complete... the good 'ol days of w00t-ville are virtually gone...

so... ENOUGH ALREADY... I'm a PRIME MEMBER... just give me my 2-day free shipping at w00t! & let's call it a day...!

jmalone


quality posts: 3 Private Messages jmalone

The first day in, and I'm out $5.

Bought the tablet this morning to make sure it didn't sell out, need a dehumidifier with a pump for the basement, dehumidifier comes up this afternoon.

Still got a good deal on the batch, but I'm feeling too butt-hurt about the $5 to just let it go without coming here to whine about it...


EDIT

CanyonRun wrote:Oh myyyyy... can't we just call it like it is... it's been happening little-by-little since the acquisition... the amazoning of w00t! is just about complete... the good 'ol days of w00t-ville are virtually gone...

so... ENOUGH ALREADY... I'm a PRIME MEMBER... just give me my 2-day free shipping at w00t! & let's call it a day...!



I know, the one thing that would make this a complete 180 for me is if my Prime membership gave me some sort of benefit here in the magical land of a million Woot! tabs.

CanyonRun


quality posts: 1 Private Messages CanyonRun
Etaria wrote:One thing I really liked about the old system was that I could lock in what I wanted to on impulse, then when my hubby came home from work, he could see if there was anything he wanted. I really do not like having to look at everything all at once and making a decision right then.

Speed has always been key. So before, I would quick click something to make sure I have it before it sells out, then I could take my time time browsing at all the other stuff.

Free shipping is a huge mental bright light! Whether you are only saving a couple of bucks, or even breaking even, it is a huge draw-in for me, personally.

And the Woot Offs, forget those anymore. Before, the whole house was on lock-down, even our college son knew when it was Woot Off Day!

It's almost like hey, we want you as our customer and to stay with us, we will ship to you for free.

I am really sad about this. I feel like it is Woot's funeral!



RIP w00t!

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 39 Private Messages fredrinaldi
BuffBillsFan wrote:.

Given the fact that Woot-Offs have been not-as-exciting as they have been in the past, combined with the replication of Woot-Plus items on Woot-Offs (at the same price), and now no free shipping, I'll be watching Woot-Offs a whole lot less intently unless things change. Darn shame.



Dude you just hit the nail on the head !!!!
We have all been complaining that the Wine woot off's were going down the tubes, Now that we have to pay for shipping on EVERY wootoff order, Like you I won't be rushing to my computer after meetings to c/o te new offer.

caliana30


quality posts: 1 Private Messages caliana30

I guess this is good because it will definitely curb my purchase desire and save me money! There are other sites that have the all day shipping that I'll shop.

dbiggs


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dbiggs

In my opinion, this will be a mild improvement on the day to day purchases, but as others have said will kill the woot-off, but maybe that is woot's intention? Woot, you have better have a woot-off soon so we can see what if any difference there is. Oh and that wootoff had better have multiple Basket of Cairn Terrier #39;s!

kadaan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kadaan
Yes, that means you'll pay for shipping more than once if you end up buying more than one item, but the truth is we sell stuff at such stupid low prices in the Woot-Off that you're still getting a good deal.



$5 shipping per item in a Woot-Off is insane. I love buying useless junk for <$10, but if I have to pay an additional $5 per woot, that's a 50%+ increase in what I'd pay otherwise.

Keep the cart for regular woots if you want (I don't really see any benefit to it) but PLEASE don't use it during a Woot-Off!

(Unless it's because you're losing money on shipping, in which case just come out and say that instead of trying to cover it up with a new "feature" that makes us pay more.)

mother


quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
Gatzby wrote:Just wanted to drop in and let you folks know we're reading your posts and really do appreciate the feedback.

We understand this is a big change for a lot of you, but hope you'll give it a shot and, most importantly, continue to talk with us about it.



Gatz,

I think you'll see a big falloff in Plus deal purchases. Probably 95% of all my Plus purchases were made 'because I already had free shipping'. Similar situation with Woot Off purchases as well...

I also think that since you now have a real shopping cart system, you have no leg to stand on, ethically speaking, in not honoring the Prime benefits that many of us pay you for. (Which would make the above moot)

CanyonRun


quality posts: 1 Private Messages CanyonRun
jmalone wrote:The first day in, and I'm out $5.

Bought the tablet this morning to make sure it didn't sell out, need a dehumidifier with a pump for the basement, dehumidifier comes up this afternoon.

Still got a good deal on the batch, but I'm feeling too butt-hurt about the $5 to just let it go without coming here to whine about it...


EDIT



I know, the one thing that would make this a complete 180 for me is if my Prime membership gave me some sort of benefit here in the magical land of a million Woot! tabs.



So... what do you say Gatzby & ThunderThighs...

Let's Pass-The-PRIME up the chain-of-command for approval & get this thing done!

Please bring w00t! back to the Promised Land (apologies to Bruce...).

daxe


quality posts: 0 Private Messages daxe

Nope, Nope, Nope.
Sorry woot, if you are switching to a cart system you can say goodbye to this buyer. So long and thanks for all the fish.

CanyonRun


quality posts: 1 Private Messages CanyonRun
mother wrote:Gatz,

I think you'll see a big falloff in Plus deal purchases. Probably 95% of all my Plus purchases were made 'because I already had free shipping'. Similar situation with Woot Off purchases as well...

I also think that since you now have a real shopping cart system, you have no leg to stand on, ethically speaking, in not honoring the Prime benefits that many of us pay you for. (Which would make the above moot)



BINGO!!

couldn't have said it better myself....

garzman80


quality posts: 0 Private Messages garzman80
mrfishwhiskers wrote:Proposed Solution: Simply don't ship my purchases until the following day. I'm perfectly fine waiting an extra day and woot getting the benefit of batching up all my orders for the day into as few of boxes as possible. If I need it faster, I'll choose an upgraded shipping option.



Sounds like a great solution to me...read it staffers, READ IT!!!!!!

bruce57


quality posts: 9 Private Messages bruce57
mother wrote:Gatz,

I think you'll see a big falloff in Plus deal purchases. Probably 95% of all my Plus purchases were made 'because I already had free shipping'. Similar situation with Woot Off purchases as well...



I'd love to agree with you, Mother...but look around. A couple-hundred diehard Wooters are complaining, but Woot has thousands of members. I'm sure the bean-counters -- much like insurance actuaries -- have already done the math, pointing out what possible percentage of disgruntled Wooters may either stop buying or cut back drastically, and comparing that to how many will just accept the change...and what it all means to the bottom line.

To its credit, Woot is letting folks respectfully vent their frustrations -- realizing it WILL blow over, they WILL get their $5 shipping per order, and things WILL go on. It's their sandbox.

natedogg828


quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828
mrfishwhiskers wrote:Proposed Solution: Simply don't ship my purchases until the following day. I'm perfectly fine waiting an extra day and woot getting the benefit of batching up all my orders for the day into as few of boxes as possible. If I need it faster, I'll choose an upgraded shipping option.


Great Idea

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

mother


quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
bruce57 wrote:I'd love to agree with you, Mother...but look around.



I'm not threatening or retaliating, I can just tell you that I won't buy nearly as much from Plus or from woot offs because that's how my mind works. They have to figure out how many sales made on the same day will now be at risk, and how much pricing power they lose because of it. Woot does so many things half assed, I really doubt they've developed unbiased models for this stuff.

BTW Look at my join date, I've survived many fractionally-assed changes ;)

Gatzby


quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
mother wrote:Gatz,

I think you'll see a big falloff in Plus deal purchases. Probably 95% of all my Plus purchases were made 'because I already had free shipping'. Similar situation with Woot Off purchases as well...

I also think that since you now have a real shopping cart system, you have no leg to stand on, ethically speaking, in not honoring the Prime benefits that many of us pay you for. (Which would make the above moot)



Thanks for sharing that. It's definitely something we'll be keeping an eye on.

We're still given freedom to experiment and try new things, this is definitely a new thing for us. =)

We have a lot of work to do before we can jump head first into something like Prime, but as a customer myself, I'd love to see that too.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

pattiq


quality posts: 1 Private Messages pattiq

Another thought...Make it free shipping on everything.

I am sure you figure the cost of shipping on the bigger and/or heavier items and add enough to the price to make money if the item is purchased. Why not just do it on everything but figure "free" shipping? Can you just see the headlines now

It is a pychological thing. We see FREE and pounce. We see $$$ and stop and think.

I do not recall voicing my opinion before but I like the cart. I am not a heavy hitter for purchasing but the $5 all day deal was a good draw. The length of time it was here made it seem more of a permanent thing instead of a temporary one.

I have wondered why Woot did not package items together in the past. I get it if it is not at the same location but it seems like orders would be organized then printed for the little warehouse monkeys to pack.

olcubmaster


quality posts: 31 Private Messages olcubmaster

I thought I would post a link for dear sweet ThunderThighs.

The way she's getting beat up in here she may need 3.

183 Piece First Aid Kit .

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

mick66


quality posts: 5 Private Messages mick66
ThunderThighs wrote:Correct. The only midnight deadline now is the sale ending. Once the sale ends, you can no longer buy it, even if it's in your cart.

Important thing to remember is that the item is not reserved for you. It's only yours when we get our money - when you've completed the transaction.

As far as the woot-off, we know this is a change. The $5 all day shipping was always stated to be a temporary thing. We did that to make up for the fact that we didn't have a cart.

You could shop the Plus events first and have them in your cart while shopping the woot-off. Then buy when you find something you want. Just watch that the items in the Plus event don't go out of stock if you have your heart set on them.

The other advantage now is that you should see fewer boxes when ordering multiple items (if they'll fit in the same box and they're coming from the same warehouse).


I think you misread the question.
S/he was specifically asking about keeping items in the cart past midnight (end of sale) and then quickly adding something from the next days sale before checking out and if that would qualify as a single $5 shipping charge.

mick66


quality posts: 5 Private Messages mick66
ju.ju wrote:Bye, Woot. I will miss you. My husband and I have placed 218 orders over the years. We will not take the time to go over all the deals and woot plus deals at ONE time in order to place it in the cart and check out once. You have lost a frequent shopper.



This makes very little sense. The $5 for all orders in a day thing has only been going on for a brief time. Before that you were perfectly happy to buy hundreds of items that all came with $5 shipping on each item. If it's not a woot off, why would you need to make multiple orders in a day? So how has anything really changed?