naniiyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naniiyer

hmmm.. you confused the hell out of me .. I started ordering one at a time expecting free shipping coming up on the second order.. thats when I realized.. I still prefer the old way - I had more time to decide while I still enjoyed the $5 shipping..

cole103

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cole103

Goodbye multiple Woot-Off purchases, goodbye cross-platform impulse buys throughout the same day. You just crippled yourself, Woot.

cole103

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cole103
mick66 wrote:JFC! I can't stand all this whining about ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Then don't look.

confusedemmy

quality posts: 24 Private Messages confusedemmy
Woody1150 wrote:Have to agree with Frostbyte. The bag seems more "Wootish". Although, since it has been quite some time since the bag has made an appearance, maybe Woot is trying to make people forget about it.

Nah, I got a "bag of manure" as a promo listing for the new Tools Woot. Nice bag, the rest was crap, lol.

Anyway, wanted to throw my $0.02 in... I hit the button on a wine deal, saw the cart and didn't pay much attention (it's early). After clicking through and getting confirmation... I remembered something else I wanted. No "you've unlocked free shipping". No sale.

So, a direct loss of sale due to a bad roll-out. No real warning of the change. I bet I'm not getting the chance, but I'd love to see what effect this has on sales.

Woot used to be fun and exciting; you never knew what surprises you might find. Now, it's like going to Sam's Club (no, not Costco). You get lost in the aisles of crap.

bruce57

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bruce57
confusedemmy wrote: So, a direct loss of sale due to a bad roll-out. No real warning of the change. I bet I'm not getting the chance, but I'd love to see what effect this has on sales.

I was thinking this same thing yesterday...what a lot of the frustration comes down to is really due to a "bad rollout" on Woot's part of their new program. Consider: if they had introduced the cart ALONG WITH notification of the proposed changes, but gave buyers say, 3 to 7 days to get ready for it, I wonder how much grief Woot be getting right now...I mean, had they debuted the "cart" part while maintaining free shipping for the interim days — while continually having a pop-up window letting buyers know the changes that were coming — folks would have been prepared and more accepting of the change.

Unfortunately, bean-counters and corporate execs don't always understand the value of good marketing and PR. So rather than roll it out in stages — the way a good PR pro would have recommended — they just jammed it down everyone's throats...with the expected backlash.

Will folks get over it? Of course. Just look at today's sales maps. But that's not the point. there's a right way and a wrong way to do things. This was a textbook example of the "take it or leave it" wrong way.

oddsbeater1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages oddsbeater1

A great idea whose time has come..................years ago actually!

I think, therefore.."I-M".

birute

quality posts: 1 Private Messages birute

I didn't realize that this change was being implemented. Made a purchase and then when I went to make a second purchase, surprise another $5 shipping charge. This is a lousy way to make a change. Some advance warning should have been given. However, this change will save me money in the long run because I will be purchasing less.

TheCK

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheCK
birute wrote:I didn't realize that this change was being implemented. Made a purchase and then when I went to make a second purchase, surprise another $5 shipping charge. This is a lousy way to make a change. Some advance warning should have been given. However, this change will save me money in the long run because I will be purchasing less.

What part about WOOT DOES NOT CARE does no one realize? Yes they did this on purpose to get all the new 5$ shipping charges they could. No does a shady release like this - no one - not even Microsoft has pulled this type of scheme.

But again it is what it is - if woot sales drop due to this - I promise you'll get it back - if they don't I promise you'll only see the shipping charges get worse - this is a business after all - their goal is not to make friends it's to make money and that is fine.

--TheCK

TheCK

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheCK

By the way the best way for everyone to handle this is to make sure you visit Woot DAILY. Click on every woot plus and woot page you can. We want their traffic to be higher than ever - but do not buy anything - then sit back and watch. Again its important for their traffic on the site to be high but sales low. Don't want them to be able to think it's any other variable than crap shipping charges.

--TheCK

crshort

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crshort

The $5 shipping was a unique concept that made shopping at woot a unique experience. There were wrinkles, there were ways to play the game to get the most out of it. And now it's gone; it makes me sad.

vek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vek

I have to say this is a terrible change, I loved the 5$ dollar all you can ship for a day as I frequently ship to multiple addresses, all this is going to do is keep me from watching woot-offs and buying gifts for friends. It was nice knowing you woot!

hayesjc

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hayesjc

And we're done. Woot, as evidenced by it's continued "growth" and subservience to an e-commerce power player, wants to be part of the zeitgeist, not an indie player bucking the odds and the conventional wisdom.

E-commerce free thinkers, it's time to move on and find a new place on which to lavish our devotion and money.

crvogue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crvogue
burmeses wrote:I don't care if you have the shopping cart or not; I WANT THE $5 ALLDAY SHIPPING

Same here. I think this is pretty much the end of me buying tons of stuff. : (

baillard

quality posts: 6 Private Messages baillard

When the wise wooters have caused a drop in sales due to the loss of the unlocked free shipping, Woot consider this suggestion:

1st order: full $5 shipping charge

2nd-4 order: unlocked $2 shipping on additional orders

5+ orders: $0.50 shipping on additional orders

∞ orders (everything offered today on all woot sites): $0 shipping and 15% discount of of shopping cart total

the above suggestions should operate during a standard 24 hour woot day, or the full term of a wootoff.

Where did I put my my quill and inkpot?

crvogue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crvogue
birute wrote:I didn't realize that this change was being implemented. Made a purchase and then when I went to make a second purchase, surprise another $5 shipping charge. This is a lousy way to make a change. Some advance warning should have been given. However, this change will save me money in the long run because I will be purchasing less.

Same here. I bought the second item anyway, figuring it was a mistake. I won't be staying up until 1 am to check the new items. And I will stay away from woot offs, because shipping would cost a fortune.

jbelfiore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbelfiore

I don't buy as much or comment as much as some of you other wooters, but I need to let this be known.

I do not like the change to remove $5 all day shipping.

lauralee101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lauralee101

Like others have said before, I will miss unlocking free shipping. Though my real question is: "Woot, why, oh why, did you ever let me see the total of my purchases?" Woot is all about the impulse buys for me so I just can't wrap my head around this.

My days full of woots went something like: "That's a good deal!" *BUY* "Oh, I need that!" *BUY* "Another good deal!" *BUY* Last week that would have been the end of it. But now I see I'm about to spend over $100 and I'm looking to see what I can remove from my cart. Woot, all of this money could have been yours if I bought these things separately!

I know I should be better with my money but I can justify multiple tiny purchases to myself (not to mention my husband won't look twice at them on the statement) even if they do add up. But sorry, the lump sum can't get past my cheap brain. (Why else would QVC tell me "5 easy payments of $9.99"?) Yes, I could drop that much at the brick and mortar store but at least I would have the instant gratification of the items.

Woot was all about the speed! Now I have too much time to think about my purchases. Dangerous indeed!

me_want_Toys

quality posts: 1 Private Messages me_want_Toys

This change will make me feel better about ignoring Woot more than I had in the past. No reason to continue searching for other Woot sites or 'Plus' deals for free shipping after I had already ordered something.

Woot took the easy way out here and should have thought of the impact on it's customers psyche and purchase patterns more. Combining shipments can be a good thing, even if they are a bit delayed, but making me decide on all I want at one time to do so is asking too much.

Think outside the box Woot - you started off with a revolution in marketing and are moving toward merging with all the other sites out there.

I am sorry to see it happen.

P.S. I'm still waiting for a purple skin so the site can look back the way I remember it...

aractor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aractor
crvogue wrote:Same here. I think this is pretty much the end of me buying tons of stuff. : (

I think this sums up the majority of the comments here...I never missed not having a cart on Woot, and if losing $5 all day shipping is the cost of having a cart added then please take it away!

I, like so many Wooters, buy on impulse after I'd "unlocked" free shipping...Now, all orders will be thought out and Wootoffs will be my time to avoid Woot instead of cling to it.

And with the clicking, came the ticking, of the page that was no more.
Quoth the server, 404

limacamp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages limacamp

In the past years I have been a wooter, I have, on multiple occasions, purchased things from woot! because I had already unlocked free shipping.

I know you don't care, but it sucks. I can order from Amazon directly, with my student prime, get it in 2 days and shipped free. And return it if it is wrong.

298 purchases. Later woot. I can get shirts, but other stuff just isn't worth it.

Its been.

traquy

quality posts: 53 Private Messages traquy

My comments are even simpler. I'm very sad because they have sucked all the fun out of Woot. The woot-offs, the happy thoughts of getting 2 or 3 cheap fun items "just because I already have free shipping", the discussions and comments. It's all going to be gone. Woot was fun, it was not about the actual stuff it was about the unique experience that made it different than every other online shopping site. I even liked the "stupidly large button" and while I did complain a bit about the multiple boxes, it certainly isn't worth the trade off. I am honestly emotional about this change, it sucks and I feel like a little bit of joy has been sucked out of my day (my life even). It's like Firefly all over again..."sniff".

animalcracker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages animalcracker

Works for me, I like the one cart checkout.

My suggestion for the Woot Off issue would be to have a Free Ship coupon code pop up with each order made during the Woot Off. You'd pay shipping for item one and as long as you remembered to use it free shipping for any other items purchased that day. On the plus for your company most people forget to use coupons so you'd still make money on shipping from those folks while making a lot of the complainers (like myself) who are annoyed about paying extra shipping during Woot Offs happy!

If you don't Woot Offs are going to suck. Adding $5 to ever item ordered means I should have just bought it the first time around since it's usually not THAT much more off for most things .... If I wasn't willing to buy it before a few dollars cheaper but extra shipping won't make me want it anymore!

rainydz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rainydz

I've been a Wooter for a very long time. First the famous "Basket of Cairn Terrier #39;s" (that I never won) disappeared. Then more and more sites (that all sell the same things even though they have specialties), now we pay sales tax and multiple shipping fees on woot offs. I think this is the end of a long term relationship. More money in my pocket and free time I guess. I really miss the simple Woot days. Ciao.

Ignace

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ignace

"Goodbye multiple Woot-Off purchases, goodbye cross-platform impulse buys throughout the same day. You just crippled yourself, Woot!"

-- I Agree with this succinct summation, and also with so many other posts and points above.

I won't spend time shopping here to check out possible add-on deals.
And because I rarely buy the "new" shirts anymore . . .

. . . I am no longer enticed to shop here regularly, if at all.

idz21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idz21

Like most others, I am not happy about the new $5 per order shipping charge. I could care less that I had to click through the checkout process for each item I bought. It was not an inconvenience at all. I feel like woot was either losing money on shipping costs, or is looking to make more money, so they created something that they can say is an advantage to the consumer (the cart), buuuuuuut at the same time shipping is charged for each order. As far as I'm concerned Woot didn't solve any issues for me, but they did create a reason for me NOT to buy something due to the $5 shipping cost. Sometimes the only thing which makes a deal is the fact that you get free shipping.

beachhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages beachhead

It's already been said 1000's of times...but the ONLY advantage of a woot off was the free shipping all day. You use the same prices on woot offs you do regular woots (for the vast vast majority of items), so what's the point, other than "mmissing" the item, but these days it's extremely rare to see any sort of sell out of an item, so where's the point for you?

I know the mantra "change is good", but not every change is good for your customers. This is just another of a long line of changes that is bad for woot customers.

I'll still look, and still buy when I find something I want (rarely need anything from woot), but all you've done is make those purchases fewer and farther between.

Your biz, your choice though...

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
pseudogourmet98 wrote:Liked that I could get multiple deals for $5 shipping during woot-offs but will not be able to with the cart thing so this is disappointing. First the added sales tax, now $5 shipping per order, what's next??

Ditto. This pretty much killed woot-offs for me, especially when shopping for wines and other higher cost stuff. I will now be more cautious about hitting the I Want One button, and that will mean fewer things bought in that environment.

MrJazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrJazz
rainydz wrote:I've been a Wooter for a very long time. First the famous "Basket of Cairn Terrier #39;s" (that I never won) disappeared. Then more and more sites (that all sell the same things even though they have specialties), now we pay sales tax and multiple shipping fees on woot offs. I think this is the end of a long term relationship. More money in my pocket and free time I guess. I really miss the simple Woot days. Ciao.

Yup - same here. Actually, I've just been kidding myself since the Basket of Cairn Terrier went away... the party's over.
I would say farewell, WOOT! but WOOT! has left the building...

schulman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages schulman

Greedy!

For some reasons, companies make a lot of money byoffering a great service, then somebody convinces them that they can make more money if they get greedy.

I have been active with Woot! for a long time (over 180 purchases). I have introduced many others. I also love Amazon, so I wasn't concerned, but I guess I was wrong. This change is pure greed.

I have been checking Woot every day for years, but this has convinced me that it is a waste of time. All I can pray for is that somebody eventually gets fired over this.

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady

Since the "Big A" is now running the "little w" business, how about extending Prime's free 2-day ship to purchases here... eh?

tvk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tvk

So probably no more of these http://sellout.woot.com/plus/now-that-you-have-unlocked-free-shipping. Woot will need a few extra bucks for the write ups on the misc categories.

Oh, I was going to add this, too: The rollout could have been publicized a bit more. It's easy to not read the daily emails too closely, so a big banner across the top instead of Guy Fieri knives might have been good for such a major change.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
polkastria wrote:I can't tell you how many things I've bought in woot offs and other times thinking, "why not? I unlocked the free shipping... another few dollars won't kill me." But if that few dollars is now with more shipping costs. .. all that is gone.

THIS.

No, it literally happened during the Christmas woot-off. ;_;

Free shipping, I shall miss thee.

tfreeman451

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tfreeman451

Pretty disappointing. This really sways me away from the Woot Plus offers and Woot Offs.

But can't say I'm really shocked, seems like every few months the website changes for the worse.

SneezyKevinA

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SneezyKevinA

Woot used to be great and a lot of fun. Then it went the Amazon way... and became more of the same things offered (Amazon left overs I call it). Now the shipping change. I doubt it will affect me much but I don't like it. I have bought less since the Amazon take over.

It will suck for woot off's big time. I spend my money on wine and that was where I really saved.

An email notification would have been awesome.

mikeeyram

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mikeeyram
ThunderThighs wrote:Correct. The only midnight deadline now is the sale ending. Once the sale ends, you can no longer buy it, even if it's in your cart.

Important thing to remember is that the item is not reserved for you. It's only yours when we get our money - when you've completed the transaction.

As far as the woot-off, we know this is a change. The $5 all day shipping was always stated to be a temporary thing. We did that to make up for the fact that we didn't have a cart.

You could shop the Plus events first and have them in your cart while shopping the woot-off. Then buy when you find something you want. Just watch that the items in the Plus event don't go out of stock if you have your heart set on them.

The other advantage now is that you should see fewer boxes when ordering multiple items (if they'll fit in the same box and they're coming from the same warehouse).

Fewer boxes...right. A few weeks ago I ordered 2 items 3 of each. One order, 2/3 was shipped one day before the other 1/3. The second order, all three were shipped at the same time/place but in three different boxes. It didn't make sense but well ok.

cinoclav

quality posts: 220 Private Messages cinoclav

So now we spend more on shipping again, while AmaWoot saves money by being able to package more items into less boxes.

What I really want to say not only won't make it through the filter, but simply wouldn't be nice. My woot purchases have already dwindled since the sellout to Amazon, I now see them becoming even further and fewer between...

finzup

quality posts: 2 Private Messages finzup

ugh. this kind of blows. I love to buy multiple things, and I tend to by more once i unlock free shipping. Now, I will consider my purchases much more because I hate to spend money on shipping. I know I definitely spent more with the $5 all day shipping. I know I will spend (a lot) less now. I guess it's good for my wallet.

I've noticed that some people list all their woot purchases in their signature. Me? No way, no how. I don't even want to acknowledge to myself, much less anyone else, just how much $$ I've spent on woot crap since 2006.

bottomfeeder57

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bottomfeeder57
whatsamattaU wrote:Let me try one scenario. I buy stuff off of any of the woot plus sites or moofi that hasn't hit the deadline at midnight central, and the multiple items are in the cart. Midnight hits, I see one more new item I want to buy. I throw that in the cart, and I then submit the whole cart/order, and the shipping is $5, right???

This strategy leaves you at risk of losing popular items that sellout during the day.

bottomfeeder57

prttymf8 wrote:You'll just have to buy 3 of each item to offset the shipping costs. EVERYBODY WINS!!

Actually woot! (Amazon) wins.

bottomfeeder57

jmalone wrote:I have some ideas that could take the sting of this away for us frequent wooters. First, free shipping coupons! I used to get $5 coupons pretty frequently from woot!, but I haven't seen any since the redesign. A small act of goodwill would go a long way for those of us who feel as though we are being fastened by an inclined plane attached helically to a conical surface.

Second, maybe some sort of paid membership program for PRIMEary woot users who purchase frequently and would appreciate free or hastened shipping might be a good idea. I certainly purchase more than the, say ~16 orders a year, that would be needed to break even by avoiding a $5 shipping charge on each order. Maybe there is even some sort of online shopping monolith that Woot! could look to for inspiration, affiliation, or dare I say partnership in such a venture...

Are you thinking of Amazon since woot! is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon?