12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 3127 Private Messages lichme

darkinc

quality posts: 31 Private Messages darkinc

Paging everyone who has always begged for a 70inch smart tv...

mfeferman

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mfeferman

Looks good...like at Costco...

"To understand recursion, you must first understand recursion."

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

darkinc wrote:Paging everyone who has always begged for a 70inch smart tv...

For when 65" just wasn't big enough.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mfeferman

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mfeferman
mfeferman wrote:Looks good...like at Costco...

to buy or not to buy for my bedroom...that is the question...

Go Woot!!!

"To understand recursion, you must first understand recursion."

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3812 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

"Good" review (3.5 out of 5.0) over at pcmag.com

jthebird1977

quality posts: 35 Private Messages jthebird1977

very happy with our very older 47inch vizio led. the wifi is very stable. would not hesitate on this deal if i were in the market for a new one. (it's sad that this is the same price as the retail of mine when it was new just a couple years ago.)

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

Woot Tang Clan

quality posts: 28 Private Messages Woot Tang Clan

This big TV will help compensate for my shortfalls in other departments.

dreamdoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreamdoc
Woot Tang Clan wrote:This big TV will help compensate for my shortfalls in other departments.

LOL!

Dang! I just bought a tiny 60" yesterday!!!

~Jools

darkinc

quality posts: 31 Private Messages darkinc
Woot Tang Clan wrote:This big TV will help compensate for my shortfalls in other departments.

Sorry I think you need a bigger tv

fitfloyd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fitfloyd

Any warranty come with refurbished tv's like this?

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1077 Private Messages whatsamattaU
fitfloyd wrote:Any warranty come with refurbished tv's like this?

On the product description page:
"Warranty: 90 Day Woot Limited Warranty
Authorized for SquareTrade Extended Warranty"

starryeyedsky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages starryeyedsky

There any benefit to having a smart TV if I already have an Xbox 360 & PS3?

emailwiley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emailwiley

Are these manufacturer refurbished or some kind of third party seller refurbished?

probob

quality posts: 12 Private Messages probob

Does it come with an app to browse the internet?

shock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shock

hi dollar tv's and condoms are 2 items that I FIRE! refurbished

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1077 Private Messages whatsamattaU
shock wrote:hi dollar tv's and condoms are 2 items that I FIRE! refurbished

I probably won't buy a TV over the internet or refurbished, so I agree with you there. Some people can take that risk, though, so for them:
$1299.99 refurb tonight vs.$1699.99 new at the product webpage
http://store.vizio.com/e701ia3.html

including user manual
http://store.vizio.com/documents/downloads/hdtv/E701iA3/UM_E701iA3.pdf

falken

quality posts: 1 Private Messages falken

90 day woot warranty:
If your product is covered under a Woot warranty, a Woot Member Services Representative will issue you an RMA number to return the product to Woot; you are responsible for shipping the product to Woot at your expense.

Shipping this defective item back to woot yourself would cost a fortune and be a PIA. Sqaretrade warranty for refurbs this expensive is also really expensive. Probably better off buying it on sale new somewhere with a real warranty.

Cagny

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Cagny
starryeyedsky wrote:There any benefit to having a smart TV if I already have an Xbox 360 & PS3?

Not really - there may be some apps that the consoles do not have but you probably won't use them. All the console versions of the apps are much better than the Smart TV ones, I've seen. Just look at Netflix on the 360 for example and compare it to a TV app.. it feels like there is 1-2 years of development difference (also probably due to memory difference).

Denimbear

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Denimbear
starryeyedsky wrote:There any benefit to having a smart TV if I already have an Xbox 360 & PS3?

not Really I wouldnt think. I mean I get netflix, You tube and a few other apps on my Smart tv. Like flikr , Yahoo finance and apps . and stuff like that . They keep saying that MGo is coming soon. Some of the stuff you have to pay for like Hulu and Netflix. But the I heart radio and Pandora Free rocks. So it is up to you. Oh Mine does 3d too. with my Wonderful 3d blueray player that I gotten off Woot here .
Btw Tt 3D movies ROCK !!! I love them . Thanks for the Wonderful 3d Blue ray player yall had a few months back

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

Denimbear

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Denimbear
probob wrote:Does it come with an app to browse the internet?

No not installed . But it does have Skype and Yahoo stuff like weather finance ane web videos ,and amazon instant video if you have amazon prime. Has Twitter and Skype. but No browser for web surfing . I hope this helps. Now you maybe able to find a browser in the Yahoo app store which is on there . I have a Vizio Smart 47 inch tv here .

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

yeahbuddy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yeahbuddy

I have only two things to say about this woot:

1. It's a Vizio.

2. It's a refurb.

Don't need to say anything else.

mrh182

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrh182

I just bought this 2 days ago and it's got a bad 'flash lighting' issue from the edge lit technology, going to attempt to exchange

almostdread

quality posts: 1 Private Messages almostdread

Regarding the apps...I bought the 60" version of this tv back in the fall with the intention of using the Skype app. It wasn't out at the time but Vizio said it was coming to this tv line (we use it to Skype with my in-laws so they can see their new grandchild, our baby). Sure we can use a computer but we had bought the Vizio camera for their tv and it works well and is simple.

Anyway 6 months later, still no skype. Just wanted to mention it in case that was an app you were planning on. Other than that it's a great tv. Good picture, non-reflective screen (so it is good in rooms with windows....no glare), and thin bezel. Do some searches online for this or the 60" version and you'll find some good picture settings people have recommended for calibration and best picture. Still this is 2x what I paid for a new 60" on black Friday and it is refurbished so I don't know how great a deal it is.

almostdread

quality posts: 1 Private Messages almostdread
Denimbear wrote:No not installed . But it does have Skype and Yahoo stuff like weather finance ane web videos ,and amazon instant video if you have amazon prime. Has Twitter and Skype. but No browser for web surfing . I hope this helps. Now you maybe able to find a browser in the Yahoo app store which is on there . I have a Vizio Smart 47 inch tv here .

This tv does not support Skype. Nthey haven't ported it this new line of screens yet. Been waiting since the fall....they say they are doing it and it is coming, but not yet.

guraqt12

quality posts: 1 Private Messages guraqt12

Put your 47" on your bedroom wall, and get this 70" for your family room. Yeah, that's what we're going to do!

gladwort

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gladwort

I've lived in apartments smaller than that television.

rfuller783

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rfuller783

Careful....I had this same TV, loved it, then it started to power off randomly. Called Vizio and their answer was to send out a tech to replace parts....and this was after having for for 2 weeks! I did their troubleshooting and did a reset...TV worked fine for two week then was shutting off every 25 min or so, and there is no heater or anything blowing on it to make it hot or anything. Called Vizio again, and they wanted to send tech out to replace board and sometHing else...I told them NO, this is a brand new TV I want a new TV. I looked at receipt of where I bought it, best buy, and it was day 30, last day I could return! When I brought it in the store manager, I could see him mouth to another employee "great, another one". I asked if they have had a lot of returns and he said yes, powering off issues, same thing I had. Just a word of warning is all. I ended up spending a bit more and going with a Sharp 70 that had better/deeper colors. Not saying this TV isn't a good deal, but it sounds and looks like Vizio has a manufacturer defect they haven't resolved yet. Good luck...

ssports

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ssports
ThunderThighs wrote:For when 65" just wasn't big enough.

Well TT, thought I was going to have to beg to get the 65" I purchased early this month....just got a call yesterday from the truck line with a "gas company like" delivery window of 4 hours 8-12, so I had to stay home to take delivery and lost 4 hours of pay $200, so now my Visio 65" refurb is over $1200, no warranty, and took 15 days to get here. Apparently they can't count at the trucking company as the service came up on tracking as 3-5 day. That was after Woot first requested my phone # for the delivery company, then provided me with a tracking number that didn't track anything, eventually I got both a valid tracking number and finally just yesterday the TV. Hope it works! I would have been better off by far to get the TV new locally, that will be the first and last large anything I get from Woot.

antflies

quality posts: 1 Private Messages antflies
ssports wrote:Well TT, thought I was going to have to beg to get the 65" I purchased early this month....just got a call yesterday from the truck line with a "gas company like" delivery window of 4 hours 8-12, so I had to stay home to take delivery and lost 4 hours of pay $200, so now my Visio 65" refurb is over $1200, no warranty, and took 15 days to get here. Apparently they can't count at the trucking company as the service came up on tracking as 3-5 day. That was after Woot first requested my phone # for the delivery company, then provided me with a tracking number that didn't track anything, eventually I got both a valid tracking number and finally just yesterday the TV. Hope it works! I would have been better off by far to get the TV new locally, that will be the first and last large anything I get from Woot.

I got the 65" refurb earlier this month as well. a few bad pixels and randomly shuts off. Now I have to deal with either shipping back, or dealing with it myself.

ehejl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ehejl

Depends on if there's any benefit to a lower electric bill and if you like having one less cooling fan running.

RICH531

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RICH531

Vizio? Refurb?!? NAAAAA!!

Can you take a hint? Catch a clue folks!

VIZIO = REFURB = LEMON!!

# 1 REFURB AWARD HANDS DOWN

MikeRaphone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MikeRaphone
rfuller783 wrote:Careful....I had this same TV, loved it, then it started to power off randomly. Called Vizio and their answer was to send out a tech to replace parts....

You WONT be able to call Vizio with this refurb, it ONLY has a Woot warranty.

TCayer

quality posts: 10 Private Messages TCayer
falken wrote:90 day woot warranty:
If your product is covered under a Woot warranty, a Woot Member Services Representative will issue you an RMA number to return the product to Woot; you are responsible for shipping the product to Woot at your expense.

Shipping this defective item back to woot yourself would cost a fortune and be a PIA. Sqaretrade warranty for refurbs this expensive is also really expensive. Probably better off buying it on sale new somewhere with a real warranty.

Even new with a 'real' warranty, you would probably be responsible for shipping one-way. But for just a few hundred, I would probably go for new. I paid over 3 grand for my Sharp 65" in 2008.

TCayer

quality posts: 10 Private Messages TCayer
ThunderThighs wrote:For when 65" just wasn't big enough.

It's 5 bigger!

todaresq

quality posts: 76 Private Messages todaresq

The first flat screen TV I bought was also 1299. It was a JVC LT-26X575 bought in 2005... so a 26" with only component, coax, and S-video inputs. Was still an analog TV... was not even HD tuning ready. If only I had waited 8 years, and kept my old CRT just a bit longer, I would not have wasted my money and could have obtained this beauty.

PS: I don't have that 26" anymore either... I do thankfully have an HDTV now.

chickenwarrior

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chickenwarrior
antflies wrote:I got the 65" refurb earlier this month as well. a few bad pixels and randomly shuts off. Now I have to deal with either shipping back, or dealing with it myself.

I too bought the 65" version of this TV about 3 weeks ago. Took 14 days to arrive and it arrived with the top of the casing cracked. Now it's got to go back as well. 90 days is just not worth the risk especially if you have to pay for shipping back. This thing is in a refridgerator size box on it's side folx, just not as deep, but still over 100lbs, Believe me that hassle of a friends truck and a trip to costco far outweighs the shipping issues and waiting for deilvery window on this feller...

Gabeni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gabeni

Not a bad purchase at all if you get the extended warranty. For fours years of warranty which covers everything ie dead pixels, power supply burnout, broken buttons, etc and includes free shipping. A four year warranty is 169.99 plus 1299.00 for the TV you are basically getting a brand new TV that you wont have to worry about for four years. In four years there will be some technology that you will want to replace. Great buy!!!

bluemaple

quality posts: 77 Private Messages bluemaple

Here's a creative, whilst admittedly risky transparency challenge for Woot:

Publish the return history for each of your > $100 products. (Number and more importantly % of sold) Even better, include the reasons or summary of them.

- Rambunctious like much of what Woot says and does.

- Shows confidence in products Woot sells. (Why sell it if it ticks off customers?)

- Is more open and transparent than anybody else, also a good match for Woot's DNA.

(Yah, I know, the Legal & Finance folks won't like it, but had to ask.)