retom7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages retom7

Sweet! This is the perfect size to turn my closet from a boring dark room into a personal IMAX!

Honestly though... 70" would be awesome. Not sure if I'm huge on $1300 refurbished items though. Not a big fan of rolling the dice. Looks pretty though.

amx69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amx69

Square trade says they do not cover refurbished unit - Woot are you selling a square trade warranty separately??

Square trade said to contact you - your page says to post here for an answer.

Thanks!

RichardCarver

quality posts: 3 Private Messages RichardCarver

I've had this set since January and have only good things to report. The picture is phenomenal and easy to adjust to your preferences. The speakers are the weakest link, very tinny. You'll need at least a sound bar.

The apps are fine. Someone said they might be redundant with X box etal but it's so easy to just hit the Amazon or Netflix button on the remote rather than firing up another device.

This is a huge TV, it is an immersive experience, you will be stunned.

I watched Django last night and didn't miss a single splash of blood and brain matter!

justinacton

quality posts: 4 Private Messages justinacton

I really think Vizios are made to break very quickly. Save your cash and buy a better brand, at costco, on your amex, for extended warranty purposes. Vizio has the worst customer service ever! Bought a 55" LED TV that crapped out 20 days past the year warranty. Vizio they'd do a goodwill fix. Then decided it was too expensive and offered a "discounted" refurb that cost the same as a new one! This was after dozens of calls and emails and paying for certified repair tecs to diagnose the problem. Mind you that this was when 55" LED's ran $2k+. THANK GOD FOR AM EX AND THEIR INSURANCE POLICY, it reimbursed me at the original purchase price. Just remeber, discounted crap is still crap, and for a little more you can sleep soundly knowing your protected by a warranty when purchased at Costco on your AMEX. And I bought an LG. Never again Vizio! Never again!

davidzeb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidzeb

[quote postid="5412684" user="Gabeni"] A four year warranty is 169.99

It looks like you got the 4 year warranty price from the SquareTrade site, which is for a NEW TV, not this refurb.

Does anyone know what the actual SquareTrade Warranty on this TV is?

The last Vizio refurb I bought on Woot only allowed me to get 1 year of coverage. I don't think you will be able to get the 4yr plan.

Coogles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Coogles
Woot Tang Clan wrote:This big TV will help compensate for my shortfalls in other departments.

It's not the size of the screen that matters, it's what you display on it.

Just kidding! It's the size of the screen.

JBrach820

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JBrach820

I don't even know where I would put a 70" TV. I want this twice as much as any TV half its size or price, even if that's what I actually need.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

antflies wrote:I got the 65" refurb earlier this month as well. a few bad pixels and randomly shuts off. Now I have to deal with either shipping back, or dealing with it myself.

Sorry about that. Please email support@woot.com and they'll give you some options. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kaczmajj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaczmajj

The TV may be massive, but I'm not sure how good a 70" TV will be with a refresh rate of 120Hz. Any sports you watch on this will be choppy.

owace

quality posts: 2 Private Messages owace

Refurb TVs are widely available for a couple of reasons. Either the picture quality didnt live up to expectations resulting in a return, or there was a quality control issue (aka dead pixels, powering off etc).

Looks as if this set of Vizio's falls into the second category based on some of the Wooter's comments here.

But for those who want to do more research, I point you once again to the E701 owners thread on AVSforums.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1440682/vizio-e701i-a3-owners-thread

insocova

quality posts: 0 Private Messages insocova
justinacton wrote:I really think Vizios are made to break very quickly. Save your cash and buy a better brand, at costco, on your amex, for extended warranty purposes. Vizio has the worst customer service ever! Bought a 55" LED TV that crapped out 20 days past the year warranty. Vizio they'd do a goodwill fix. Then decided it was too expensive and offered a "discounted" refurb that cost the same as a new one! This was after dozens of calls and emails and paying for certified repair tecs to diagnose the problem. Mind you that this was when 55" LED's ran $2k+. THANK GOD FOR AM EX AND THEIR INSURANCE POLICY, it reimbursed me at the original purchase price. Just remeber, discounted crap is still crap, and for a little more you can sleep soundly knowing your protected by a warranty when purchased at Costco on your AMEX. And I bought an LG. Never again Vizio! Never again!

i think Vizio's are made with LG components. At least mine is. Good luck with the LG/Vizio.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all. I noticed our SquareTrade widget wasn't working right so I called it in. It should show you a price quote now.

Just a reminder that SqTr no longer sells warranties on refurbished electronics directly to consumers. You have to go through an authorized reseller, like Woot.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

vperl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vperl
Woot Tang Clan wrote:This big TV will help compensate for my shortfalls in other departments.

thanks for sharing, stubby.

Lint-Licker

rharrismcse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rharrismcse

I saw this television at my local Sams club just last week and was mesmerized at the quality - I was literally freaked out for a while at how crisp, sharp, colorful, and clear the picture was, it looked like I could just peal the people off the screen (can you tell I'm still amazed!) Then as luck would have it my niece bought the 60" version and I got to play around we the web apps, youtube, still blown-away! So today during my daily "woot-check" BOOM, there is the 70" refurb, ARGGG! My wallet caught fire!
But, a refurb... I've bought refurbs before and was disappointed..
Alas, I want for it, and bought the 2 year SquareTrade warranty (which cost me $269 after using a promo code of 19rp98kq4wl.

The price of this TV on Amazon is $1700. I now have $1569 in this one only I get a 2 year no hassle, they come to my house and fix it warranty!

I saved just under $200, with free shipping, and no sales tax in Missouri. Now I have a 70" TV on it's way to me

mattkbryant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattkbryant
justinacton wrote:I really think Vizios are made to break very quickly. Save your cash and buy a better brand, at costco, on your amex, for extended warranty purposes. Vizio has the worst customer service ever! Bought a 55" LED TV that crapped out 20 days past the year warranty. Vizio they'd do a goodwill fix. Then decided it was too expensive and offered a "discounted" refurb that cost the same as a new one! This was after dozens of calls and emails and paying for certified repair tecs to diagnose the problem. Mind you that this was when 55" LED's ran $2k+. THANK GOD FOR AM EX AND THEIR INSURANCE POLICY, it reimbursed me at the original purchase price. Just remeber, discounted crap is still crap, and for a little more you can sleep soundly knowing your protected by a warranty when purchased at Costco on your AMEX. And I bought an LG. Never again Vizio! Never again!

I disagree wholeheartedly. My wife and I bought a Vizio TV when we first met and it's sitting in our 5 year old's room right now while she watches Netflix. No problems at all. It's just over 7 years old, and I have every intention of putting in my 1 year old's room when we decide to upgrade.

justinacton

quality posts: 4 Private Messages justinacton
insocova wrote:i think Vizio's are made with LG components. At least mine is. Good luck with the LG/Vizio.

The goal is to buy from a company that has support. These are all made cheaply as possible and have a possibility to break. My point is that Vizio has run-around service and stuck me with a diagnostic bill and a broken TV. Therefore, cannot recommend them as a brand as they were not true to their word regarding a goodwill fix for a 2k+ tv less then a month after warranty expired. Goodluck.

mingsty

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mingsty
justinacton wrote:The goal is to buy from a company that has support. These are all made cheaply as possible and have a possibility to break. My point is that Vizio has run-around service and stuck me with a diagnostic bill and a broken TV. Therefore, cannot recommend them as a brand as they were not true to their word regarding a goodwill fix for a 2k+ tv less then a month after warranty expired. Goodluck.

$199 for a 1 year warranty...scared me away.

I am nerdier than 98% of all people. Are you a nerd? Click here to take the Nerd Test, get geeky images and jokes, and write on the nerd forum!

Galaxie64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Galaxie64
falken wrote:
Shipping this defective item back to woot yourself would cost a fortune and be a PIA.

Nah, bash it into little pieces, fill a USPS flat rate box and voila.

danman1202

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danman1202

I don't get the Smart TV stuff. If you have an xbox or a roku (apps, netflix, etc), what's the point of a smart TV? You can find the roku 2 XD for like 50/60 on ebay...

I bought a 55" 1080p Toshiba from Best Buy for 450 with free shipping, the guys came right into my house and all I had to do was take it out of the box, put the stand on it, and place it on the tv stand.

So why 850 more for 15 inches? Apps?

dedicated12

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dedicated12
Gabeni wrote:Not a bad purchase at all if you get the extended warranty. For fours years of warranty which covers everything ie dead pixels, power supply burnout, broken buttons, etc and includes free shipping. A four year warranty is 169.99 plus 1299.00 for the TV you are basically getting a brand new TV that you wont have to worry about for four years. In four years there will be some technology that you will want to replace. Great buy!!!

Not exactly. Since this is a refurb, the warranty is more expensive and covers less time, at least through squaretrade. 1 year warranty is $199 and an extra year is another $90. If this were brand new, you would be correct.

dedicated12

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dedicated12
mattkbryant wrote:I disagree wholeheartedly. My wife and I bought a Vizio TV when we first met and it's sitting in our 5 year old's room right now while she watches Netflix. No problems at all. It's just over 7 years old, and I have every intention of putting in my 1 year old's room when we decide to upgrade.

I also have a 7 year old Vizio. No problems here.

rjclardy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rjclardy

I also have a 6 year old Vizio that still works great. It's actually outperforming my 2 year old LG.

On another topic: This is my first large purchase from Woot, when can I expect the shipping information to be added to my account?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

rjclardy wrote:I also have a 6 year old Vizio that still works great. It's actually outperforming my 2 year old LG.

On another topic: This is my first large purchase from Woot, when can I expect the shipping information to be added to my account?

Usually our shipping can take up 5 business days from the sale (in most cases it's far less than that). However, this can change/fluctuate depending on the vendor/dropship schedule.

If your shipping status doesn't update by Friday, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know.

markstaben

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markstaben

I was told by Woot support via email 28 hours ago that my order had already "drop shipped" and that they were acquiring tracking numbers. They didn't say when it shipped. I still haven't received a tracking # and I'm getting nervous about being able to be home to take delivery. Anyone else receive a tracking # yet?

rjclardy

markstaben wrote:I was told by Woot support via email 28 hours ago that my order had already "drop shipped" and that they were acquiring tracking numbers. They didn't say when it shipped. I still haven't received a tracking # and I'm getting nervous about being able to be home to take delivery. Anyone else receive a tracking # yet?

Well you're way ahead of me...

I haven't received a shipping notification yet, much less a tracking #

ThunderThighs

Staff

rjclardy wrote:Well you're way ahead of me...

I haven't received a shipping notification yet, much less a tracking #

Still early. This is only the 4th business day from the day of the sale. It could be that we are waiting on the tracking file from the shipper.

kimberlyton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimberlyton
ThunderThighs wrote:Still early. This is only the 4th business day from the day of the sale. It could be that we are waiting on the tracking file from the shipper.

I just got the shipment notification email but it will not track! Dead link. I now have NO IDEA how to track it. Help?

ROGETRAY

Staff

kimberlyton wrote:I just got the shipment notification email but it will not track! Dead link. I now have NO IDEA how to track it. Help?

The tracking URL might have been sent to you but not quite updated yet.

I would give it a little while to update.

Lemme ping some staff and find out what's up.

rjclardy

kimberlyton wrote:I just got the shipment notification email but it will not track! Dead link. I now have NO IDEA how to track it. Help?

Same here. Tried entering the number into FedEx and UPS and both said it was invalid.

markstaben

ROGETRAY wrote:The tracking URL might have been sent to you but not quite updated yet.

I would give it a little while to update.

Lemme ping some staff and find out what's up.

The tracking URLs are empty links. Basically an anchor to the current page.

Like this: < a href="https://account.woot.com/purchasehistory#" >[tracking#]< /a >

Frustrating.

ROGETRAY

Staff

Please check your PM's, as an updated tracking links has been sent to you.

ROGETRAY

Staff

rjclardy wrote:Same here. Tried entering the number into FedEx and UPS and both said it was invalid.

markstaben wrote:The tracking URLs are empty links. Basically an anchor to the current page.

Like this: < a href="https://account.woot.com/purchasehistory#" >[tracking#]< /a >

Frustrating.

I'm not certain why you guys are having issues tracking your orders.

I've pinged Woot Member Services to find a resolve.
Please wait shortly while I get an answer.

Thank you for your patience during this matter.

ROGETRAY

Staff

ROGETRAY wrote:I'm not certain why you guys are having issues tracking your orders.

I've pinged Woot Member Services to find a resolve.
Please wait shortly while I get an answer.

Thank you for your patience during this matter.

For those of your with shipping update issues:

Click the tracking link we provide you when you get the shipping confirmation, you'll just be redirected to the order information page.

If your tracking number starts with a "WT--------," then continue to this link:

http://harmony.myseko.com/track

Then, plug the number in and it should give you your order status.

markstaben

I went to packagetrackr.com and entered the number itself. Got back a message that said the tracking information was expired, that the company was "Parcelforce" and showed me a map of Nigeria.

Not confidence inspiring.

markstaben

OK. Thanks for the link, that worked.

ROGETRAY

Staff

markstaben wrote:I went to packagetrackr.com and entered the number itself. Got back a message that said the tracking information was expired, that the company was "Parcelforce" and showed me a map of Nigeria.

Not confidence inspiring.

Wrong site. Please go to the one I posted above ^^^^^^^^^^

rjclardy

ROGETRAY wrote:For those of your with shipping update issues:

Click the tracking link we provide you when you get the shipping confirmation, you'll just be redirected to the order information page.

If your tracking number starts with a "WT--------," then continue to this link:

http://harmony.myseko.com/track

Then, plug the number in and it should give you your order status.

This worked for me. Thanks

rjclardy

My tv arrived today and I got it setup. The tv seems to be working fine so far, but the remote and tv stand are both broken...

The remote has a pretty large crack right above the battery slots and won't work at all. I've tried with multiple sets of batteries that work in other devices - but no dice in the vizio remote.

The bottom-back of the stand was completely ripped off. It isn't visible since it's on the back of the stand, but it makes it difficult to move/reposition the tv because the metal part of the stand just slides out of the plastic casing.

Can I have replacements sent for the remote and/or tv stand without having to send back the entire tv?

ROGETRAY

Staff

rjclardy wrote:My tv arrived today and I got it setup. The tv seems to be working fine so far, but the remote and tv stand are both broken...

The remote has a pretty large crack right above the battery slots and won't work at all. I've tried with multiple sets of batteries that work in other devices - but no dice in the vizio remote.

The bottom-back of the stand was completely ripped off. It isn't visible since it's on the back of the stand, but it makes it difficult to move/reposition the tv because the metal part of the stand just slides out of the plastic casing.

Can I have replacements sent for the remote and/or tv stand without having to send back the entire tv?

I'm sorry to hear that you received a damaged stand and no remote. We recommend that you contact Vizio Support to see if they can remedy the issue.

If they're unable to send you the new parts, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know.

mrdelaney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrdelaney
rjclardy wrote:My tv arrived today and I got it setup. The tv seems to be working fine so far, but the remote and tv stand are both broken...

Ouch, sorry to hear that, rjclardy.
Mine arrives tomorrow - hoping I have a bit better luck.

I'll report back when I get mine - hopefully other buyers will do the same.