crvogue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crvogue

I bought the coffee pot today and paid shipping. Then I bought pillows on home plus and paid again. I don't see the box at the top right corner of my screen that used to say you've unlocked free shipping. Did Woot do away with this?

Quality Posts

thumperchick

quality posts: 239 Private Messages thumperchick

Hi, looks like you missed the announcement. Woot has a cart now. When they put in the cart, they changed it to $5 shipping per order. So, you put all of the stuff you want in your cart, and check out once - with one shipping charge. But if you buy something else separately, you will incur another shipping charge.

From the blog post:

Real talk: we only ever had that $5 All You Can Ship in a Day promotion going because we didn't have a shopping cart. So now that we have a shopping cart, we're getting rid of it. Standard shipping is now $5 per order — just get all your stuff in one order, and it's basically the same thing.

If you would like to read up on the other changes, you will find the blog post HERE.

Sorry you paid twice, but hey! Shopping cart!

crvogue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crvogue
thumperchick wrote:Hi, looks like you missed the announcement. Woot has a cart now. When they put in the cart, they changed it to $5 shipping per order. So, you put all of the stuff you want in your cart, and check out once - with one shipping charge. But if you buy something else separately, you will incur another shipping charge.

From the blog post:

If you would like to read up on the other changes, you will find the blog post HERE.

Sorry you paid twice, but hey! Shopping cart!

Thank you!

tireseus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tireseus

I understand it except for woot offs. I mean some items aren't even 5 dollars to begin with.

Guess my crap buying days are over and will just keep an eye on the big game items.

enkrypt0r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enkrypt0r

Well, I guess this is the last Woot-Off that'll ever claim any of my money, then.

jrunri

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jrunri

Agreed, pretty slimy policy change IMO.

symbiotic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages symbiotic
jrunri wrote:Agreed, pretty slimy policy change IMO.

No more woot for me -- too sneaky.

hackman2007

quality posts: 14 Private Messages hackman2007

The $5 all day shipping was temporary, not a permanent change. Long ago Woot used to charge $5/order. They are just returning to what they had previously.

NascarDad

quality posts: 21 Private Messages NascarDad

Guess I won't be participating in this wootoff like I thought I would be. Unless there is something just extraordinary for which I have already been shopping. Bummer, really liked the "unlocked free shipping" thing.

For example the Lincoln Logs at 24.99 make no sense with 5 dollar shipping when I can get them free shipping at Amazon for 29.99 - 2 days.

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
hackman2007 wrote:The $5 all day shipping was temporary, not a permanent change. Long ago Woot used to charge $5/order. They are just returning to what they had previously.

No need to defend that. It was not perceived like 'temporary' by newer customers. And people who do not dig through the forums would never find out that it was supposedly supposed to be temporary.
Someone who is a casual buyer, or just jumps on when they see a woot-off will be surprised by it.

wootntdare

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootntdare

An opportunity to use the old saying; "Fool me once, a house landed on you" (no house, just shame, cute edit Woot...). With a Woot-off in progress, you have a nag screen that pushes you to check out now before the item sells out. Done. Then on to other deals and wait, hey, another $5 for shipping.

Nice job keeping this on the DL until you rake in everyone's $5 "learning fee". Hundreds or more transactions time $5, pretty good haul.

garzman80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garzman80
hackman2007 wrote:The $5 all day shipping was temporary, not a permanent change. Long ago Woot used to charge $5/order. They are just returning to what they had previously.

To bad they aren't also going back to when they had great deals. I just hope people stick to their word and don't buy additional items, because they won't change anything right away and will try to ride it out for a while to see if people forget about it and move on. 5 of their sites have woot-offs today so the shopping cart is pretty much useless anyways.
I've moved on to slickdeals.com mostly anyways. Majority of the deals they find have free shipping too.

wootntdare

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootntdare
garzman80 wrote:To bad they aren't also going back to when they had great deals. I just hope people stick to their word and don't buy additional items, because they won't change anything right away and will try to ride it out for a while to see if people forget about it and move on. 5 of their sites have woot-offs today so the shopping cart is pretty much useless anyways.
I've moved on to slickdeals.com mostly anyways. Majority of the deals they find have free shipping too.

Most of the purchases I made were in batches. Once I had the $5 paid, it made sense to add several other items. That will certainly change. Yes, I know, keep things in this wondrous new cart and check them all out at once. Yup, the Woot-offs will drop from my radar.

wrentfrow

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wrentfrow

At least half the stuff I bought on Woot was because of the free shipping, ESPECIALLY during Woot-offs.

I don't mind paying shipping if the item is something I actually really need or want - but to date only one thing I have bought falls into that category.

More or less this kills the entire appeal of Woot to me.

umbreon13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages umbreon13

Here I was all excited about the woot-off today and purchased a couple items that weren't woot-off items thinking I'd have free shipping the rest of the day. Guess the jokes on me and I won't be buying anything else today.

flyingmole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flyingmole

The cart is a great idea for non wootoff days. They really should go back to the $5.00 all day shipping for woot offs. This new cart policy discourages me from making those quick decision woot purchases, cause with the 5 dollar shipping per order I can't justify it.

sbronco68

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sbronco68
symbiotic wrote:No more woot for me -- too sneaky.

X2, ordered one item thought I had unlocked free shipping. Feel very taken. No more Woot for me.

Jeviala

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jeviala

Ah, wish I had seen this before I did my purchase. Same thing, thought I had unlocked free shipping for the day, but it wanted to charge me another $5.00 for a second purchase. As others have said, I won't be back to make multiple purchases (or maybe any) on woot-offs if they are sticking by this new policy.

Jeviala

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jeviala

So just got an email response and Woot has no plans to change the $5 shipping PER ORDER for Woot-offs. So from now on, you have to add $5 to every single woot-off you want to purchase.

All I can say is that it made Woot a less attractive purchase site.

Jeviala wrote:Ah, wish I had seen this before I did my purchase. Same thing, thought I had unlocked free shipping for the day, but it wanted to charge me another $5.00 for a second purchase. As others have said, I won't be back to make multiple purchases (or maybe any) on woot-offs if they are sticking by this new policy.

NascarDad

wootntdare wrote:An opportunity to use the old saying; "Fool me once, a house landed on you" (no house, just shame, cute edit Woot...). With a Woot-off in progress, you have a nag screen that pushes you to check out now before the item sells out. Done. Then on to other deals and wait, hey, another $5 for shipping.

Nice job keeping this on the DL until you rake in everyone's $5 "learning fee". Hundreds or more transactions time $5, pretty good haul.

Yup, also a great way to lose a lot of customers over 5 bucks. Might be the last 5 bucks woot sees from many of those customers.

buffyisadog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buffyisadog

No more Woot for me! This is a very sad day. It's simply not worth it without the "all you can ship," especially on woot off days. Woot lost out on a huge order from me because I already placed an order, then went back through and found more things I wanted, placed them in the cart, and didn't want to pay another $5 for shipping another order. Goodbye, Woot!

symbiotic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages symbiotic
sbronco68 wrote:X2, ordered one item thought I had unlocked free shipping. Feel very taken. No more Woot for me.

I don't exactly know why but I was livid, almost like a friend had taken something from me -- and it's not just the 5 bucks. It's the fact that they could have easily put up a notice that the shipping policy had changed. Of course users rely on their past experience to inform their future ones, without some explicit notice, that's reasonable.

sammygfunx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sammygfunx

Since the "unlocked free shipping" has been going consistently for quite some time, it would have been honorable for woot! to have at least informed the casual buyer about this by posting temporarily on their actual pages.

Or, better yet, to have a pop-up window notifying the buyer of this change, before processing the payment.

I foresee that woot! will lose some loyal customers from this move. Of course, there will always be new customers, but also honesty will always determine credibility.

It is nice that woot! encourages and supports messages and open, public feedback. That is a big plus for companies.

Anyway, ramble ramble ramble. Woot, I love you but please don't pull any more sneaky-fives on us footers (woot fans).

cheers,

sammygfunx

sammygfunx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sammygfunx

p.s. It would also be honorable to refund the first $5 to everyone that fell into the trap

I mean, think about the thousands of wooters that are now carefully planning their cart instead of throwing caution to the wind!

...ramble ramble... there I go again

NascarDad

sammygfunx wrote:Since the "unlocked free shipping" has been going consistently for quite some time, it would have been honorable for woot! to have at least informed the casual buyer about this by posting temporarily on their actual pages.

Heck, they didn't even update their FAQ. I wasn't sure if the $5 All day shipping as still in place so I went looking. Silly me, I went to the official site FAQ and not the forum. I did finally find it in the forum, but I almost got taken, too.

Trakman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Trakman

It's too bad but like the rest of my loyal wooters. I will be cutting way way back on my woot purchases. Its amazing how companies take an idea that promotes people to go crazy and buy stuff they will never use and then being the brain surgeons they are eliminate it so to cause people to buy less. Brilliant move guys.

longdongsilver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages longdongsilver
sammygfunx wrote:Since the "unlocked free shipping" has been going consistently for quite some time, it would have been honorable for woot! to have at least informed the casual buyer about this by posting temporarily on their actual pages.

Amazon? Honorable? LOL! Funny story.

Customer service's "SO SORRY WE CAN'T HELP YOU BUT HEY GO BUY MORE STUFF FROM US" response is laughable at best. An affront to my sensibility as a consumer at worst.

Shady business practices from a shady company.

I wonder how many customers this has cost Woot. I'm personally aware of one person that will never spend another dime on this website.

waudie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waudie

I agree. I am very disappointed and am typically excited for woot offs. I too bought a lot of extra stuff because of the one day shipping charge but won't any longer.

rooster40two

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rooster40two
flyingmole wrote:The cart is a great idea for non wootoff days. They really should go back to the $5.00 all day shipping for woot offs. This new cart policy discourages me from making those quick decision woot purchases, cause with the 5 dollar shipping per order I can't justify it.

I agree, I placed my order cause it said I could miss out on my item with it selling out while in my cart. I used this site for the $5 shipping. Guess all good things do come to an end 😟

llarson7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llarson7

Gotta agree. $5 to unlock free shipping on Woot-off days tipped the balance in favor of two other items I purchased during a woot-off - products that I would not have bought if I had to pay $5 apiece shipping. Seems like this happens every time, but it won't any more.

If you can't give us free shipping on Woot-off days, maybe charge something nominal -- say $1 extra -- for each item ordered during a woot-off after the first. Tell us they have to all be shipped in one package to one place to get it.

Please ... make Woot-offs great values and fun again!

No quality posts, but plenty of quality purchases.

a9jw19

quality posts: 0 Private Messages a9jw19

Do you have the ex-CEO from JCP working for you now! Whoever came up with the brilliant idea of doing away with Unlocking of Free Shipping just cost you a lot of sales. I just decided not to get 2 additional items for my Kiddle fire on the woot off because of it. You are really penalizing high volume woot off buyers. RETHINK this ONE!

copytekk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages copytekk

Wow are you people serious? First, it said right next to $5 All You Can Ship that it was temporary. Second, have you ever seen another company that only charges $5 for shipping no matter what the item is? I bought a 47" LG LED TV and not only was the shipping only $5 but it shipped from Indiana (or Illinois, somewhere up there) to Florida in 3 days! Who else does that??

At least they gave us a cart. Even eBay has a cart now! This ain't the end of the world.

[stepping off soapbox...]

Aaron

garzman80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garzman80
copytekk wrote:Wow are you people serious? First, it said right next to $5 All You Can Ship that it was temporary. Second, have you ever seen another company that only charges $5 for shipping no matter what the item is? I bought a 47" LG LED TV and not only was the shipping only $5 but it shipped from Indiana (or Illinois, somewhere up there) to Florida in 3 days! Who else does that??

At least they gave us a cart. Even eBay has a cart now! This ain't the end of the world.

[stepping off soapbox...]

I just bought a 55" Samsung TV from Dell and shipping was free...so I guess your point is still valid since it wasn't $5 but $0. I got it two days after I bought it.

gpartain

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gpartain
NascarDad wrote:Guess I won't be participating in this wootoff like I thought I would be. Unless there is something just extraordinary for which I have already been shopping. Bummer, really liked the "unlocked free shipping" thing.

For example the Lincoln Logs at 24.99 make no sense with 5 dollar shipping when I can get them free shipping at Amazon for 29.99 - 2 days.

Well put. I only now noticed that my second purchase today incurred the $5 charge. I should have payed closer attention - I wouldn't have bothered starting up the ol' Wootalyzer. The unlocked shipping was really what influenced me to make multiple purchases on Woot-off days.

jeepinmark

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jeepinmark

No more Woot Off's for me, thank you very much. really not a deal any more with the $5 charge for each item. I bought more then I would normally buy because of the $5 a day shipping, without it buying during a Woot Off has lost it's luster. Plus, I find a lot of the items sold during the Woot Off can be found cheaper at other sites once you figure in the shipping cost. Another thing that ticked me off was when you point this out in the forum for the item being sold your comment will get deleted by the admin. S H A M E on you Woot! (edit because of the not so cute Woot edit).

Jfrench0954

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jfrench0954

Just wasted a whole day to get another item as I thought I unlocked free shipping. The FIRST item wasn't even that great, but knowing I had the next one gratis--especially so early in the day--I knew I could leverage it.

No email. Just a "Here's a new cart thingy" announcement when I checked out the site a few days ago.

Woot, I've been buying crap for a long time from you. No more. Very weak.

golncor

quality posts: 2 Private Messages golncor

wow, all these whiners..

it's only $5 per order, jeez!!!

lets see. to mail or ship something flat rate in a box, 4x6x1.5 inches is $5.80..
Most things shipped from woot are many times larger...
I think $5 is very reasonable..

you people are just whining to whine..

tjhoulihan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjhoulihan
golncor wrote:wow, all these whiners..

it's only $5 per order, jeez!!!"

...blah blah blah blah....

"you people are just whining to whine..

Says the guys who posts >10x for every purchase he makes... I bet you will start whining when Woot starts charging a (lurker) message board fee to everyone who has a post to purchase ratio of greater than 2x.

mdrcoast

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mdrcoast
golncor wrote:wow, all these whiners..

it's only $5 per order, jeez!!!

lets see. to mail or ship something flat rate in a box, 4x6x1.5 inches is $5.80..
Most things shipped from woot are many times larger...

you people are just whining to whine..

Whining about people whining just to whine? that would be wine.woot!

collynbear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages collynbear

I used to buy a lot more stuff because it was free shipping after the first order. I have skipped 3 woots today so far because I am not paying the $5 over and over. Bummer Woot! You should bring it back for woot-offs at the very least.