thumperchick

quality posts: 245 Private Messages thumperchick

I understand that the $5 all day shipping was an awesome incentive. I agree - I purchased more because of it.

But woot didn't "sneak" anything. The BIG logo in the upper right hand corner changed, they announced it on their social media pages, posted a blog about it - AND the order checkout pages all have shipping information.

If you paid for a shipping charge twice, without being aware of it, you did that by not reading your checkout screen, or looking at the website, or any of that.

While I understand that the change BACK to $5/order (with the added benefit of a cart) might make you less likely to participate in a woot-off, woot did not Sneak, Lie, Cheat, or Steal this by you.

Even if it didn't "feel temporary," it *said* it was temporary.

WunTen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages WunTen

Just another casual shopper that got nailed by multiple shipping charges in the woot-off. And to think I even mentioned it in Twitter.

mnikolai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mnikolai

Old thread, I know. But Woot just lost a $60 order I was about to make, because of this.

I finalized a first-order-of-the-day about an hour ago, because I didn't want to lose out on the item I really wanted. Thought I would have time to go through all of the tens of Woot Plus pages at my leisure, with shipping unlocked for the day. After all, the cart monkey is screaming at me to "Check out before the Woot mob grabs it all!"

Sure enough, I find some stuff on kids.woot that my daughters would like. But I noticed the $5 shipping charge on my second order before checking out, fortunately. Pay another $5 shipping? No, thank you.

More incentive to buy locally, which is what I really should be doing anyway. Maybe I'll even cancel my Amazon Prime membership.

From now on, a deal here will have to be extremely compelling, and for something I'm actually looking for anyway. No more impulse buying, which almost all my purchases have been here. Deleting Woot apps off of my phone, iPod, and tablet.

r3zalize

quality posts: 0 Private Messages r3zalize

This really sucks because the shopping cart isn't really like unlocking free shipping. Since you don't actually RESERVE the item when you add it to the cart, it can easily be sold out by the time you finish browsing and check out your entire cart.... for this reason I think they should stick with the $5 unlocked shipping, or modify their shopping cart system to actually reserve the item you added, so it can't be sold out when you actually go to check out...

If woot doesn't modify this policy I will seriously consider leaving as a customer and just shopping on other online sites since the prices are comparable (and even less for some items).

At the very least Woot could have made a banner to better notify everyone of the change, or a pop-up during check out.

thumperchick wrote:Hi, looks like you missed the announcement. Woot has a cart now. When they put in the cart, they changed it to $5 shipping per order. So, you put all of the stuff you want in your cart, and check out once - with one shipping charge. But if you buy something else separately, you will incur another shipping charge.

From the blog post:

If you would like to read up on the other changes, you will find the blog post HERE.

Sorry you paid twice, but hey! Shopping cart!

kfloydj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kfloydj
r3zalize wrote:
At the very least Woot could have made a banner to better notify everyone of the change, or a pop-up during check out.

^^This

Support team, if you see my email asking about unlocked shipping and 2 separate orders there is no need to reply, I have my answer

But I don't like it :-|

unvme331

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unvme331

WOW I can't believe this change. I noticed it the other day when I bought two items separate, and today's woot-off I bought 3 items and noticed the shipping charges. I guess Woot won't be getting anymore then one order from me on woot-off days. I spent 100s of $$ cause the free shipping. $5 may seem small but when most items are only $5 or so then the extra $5 makes that items now $10 and I can go to a brick and mortar store and get it for less. Bad change, and a lot of lost orders from me. Guess my woot days are over besides large purchases or huge one day deals, I have no reason to even check woot-offs now. way to ruin a good thing and piss off customers.

my two cents.

kfloydj wrote:^^This

Support team, if you see my email asking about unlocked shipping and 2 separate orders there is no need to reply, I have my answer

But I don't like it :-|

adenicolo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adenicolo

I have been Wooting for a long time. The unlocked shipping deal is what made the Woot Off worth while. To all people that think this is fine, then go ahead and pay it. I for one think it stinks. There was no indication that this had "gone away". I feel slighted and I AM NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT. I will be spending my money else where. I stopped buying the shirts because they are junk now. Guess I will stop buying the other stuff as well.
Later Woot.

thepadgetts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thepadgetts

We just lost the main reason I woot off and buy lots of stuff.

I will definitely buy less now.

I use to tell people about the $5 shipping for all items bought in a single day. Matter of fact that was my big selling point when I was trying to get them to Woot. I will no longer try to get people to woot!

Wish Woot would have never sold out. Now woot is in the "Can I Trust" category.

Whats next, no more stupid write ups?

wrentfrow

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wrentfrow
thepadgetts wrote:
I will definitely buy less now.

I haven't bought anything since they switched it. I was a relative new-comer to Woot but I did buy a bunch of stuff on prior woot-off because of the free shipping.

Now there's no point - Woot isn't really different than any of a multitude of sites that offer a discounted item until time runs out and/or it sells out.

X4

stipo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stipo

I got burned by this too, I agree they ought to have the unlock for wootoffs.

I'm not gonna totally drop woot but I'll be way more cautious now.

Hmm

Slackwood314159

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Slackwood314159

disappointed!

skallen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages skallen
flyingmole wrote:The cart is a great idea for non wootoff days. They really should go back to the $5.00 all day shipping for woot offs. This new cart policy discourages me from making those quick decision woot purchases, cause with the 5 dollar shipping per order I can't justify it.

The cart is a terrible idea for any day. It's not the way most of us shop woot. I don't have the time to wade through all of woot in one sitting on a workday. I pop in when I need a break here and there. And if you find a good deal that is still in stock, chances are it won't be there by the end of the day.

I paid my "learning fee" once and cancelled the third item when I saw free shipping wasn't unlocked. One less item purchased!

The good news is that now I can relax during woot-offs. Once I bought my first item, I'd be checking on my phone and even staying up all hours, just to see if I could find that last deal.

Now I can sleep contentedly.

OlPossum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OlPossum
tireseus wrote: I
Guess my crap buying days are over and will just keep an eye on the big game items.

No kidding. I just realized I got charged twice for orders today. Woot offs just got a lot less interesting.

Uranus633

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Uranus633

Not happy!

torena

quality posts: 0 Private Messages torena

I really liked using woot for the holidays. It was a place I could find items for the whole family. Around this time of year I start keeping an eye out for woot-offs and use the wootalyzer program to alert me. I was so excited this morning until.. what? $5 on my second order? That's when I did some digging and found out that yeah, you get a flat $5 shipping on everything in your cart. What about woot-offs? I'm about to uninstall wootalyzer. It just isn't worth it.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 588 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

torena wrote:I really liked using woot for the holidays. It was a place I could find items for the whole family. Around this time of year I start keeping an eye out for woot-offs and use the wootalyzer program to alert me. I was so excited this morning until.. what? $5 on my second order? That's when I did some digging and found out that yeah, you get a flat $5 shipping on everything in your cart. What about woot-offs? I'm about to uninstall wootalyzer. It just isn't worth it.

Woot-off are the same. I know it sucks but it's kinda like the old way we used to do it but improved. We used to charge $5 for every order. Now you can fill your cart for $5. To help you out, we've added a TON of sales in the Plus events that you can load up on.

There's a list of all Plus sales. You'll find a link to this list in my signature.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

nicole12920

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nicole12920

sad sad day... there needs to be a promo code for woot off days!
I usually don't buy more than one thing a day other than during woot-offs... so I didn't even notice : ( Woot-offs just got less fun, and being the holiday season woot will probably feel the pinch?!

czwick78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages czwick78

I agree with everyone saying that there needs to be $5 shipping all day on Woot-off days. Usually if I buy 1 thing on a Woot-off I would add in other smaller things because I already paid for shipping on that day. Now I have to weight if every item is worth it with the extra $5 added on. Woot has probably lost out on $50 from me so far today.

Not saying I won't buy anything on Woot anymore, but now I have to think about every purchase with an extra $5 for shipping.

It might even work to send out a free shipping coupon code to users on Woot-off days that can only be used once and expires at the end of the day.

stillglade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stillglade

I think analytics will show that Woot will lose purchases with this change. I have only ever done a few woots because of shipping charges. How about adding a $1 shipping option that allows an item to be held at woot for up to 30 days. Then anytime during that period you can go to your account page to view the holdings and have them all shipped once with a single $5 shipped cart. Basically a way to pay $1 to have an item reserved for up to 30 days in your cart.

babylonfive

quality posts: 2 Private Messages babylonfive

I must be stupid because I JUST caught on to this change.

I am not among the 'woot is sneaky' crowd, but I definitely will use woot differently and almost certainly a lot less. I didn't get the feel that the $5 all day was temporary in any way... not well communicated. Perhaps a message generated by the wootbot when anyone generates two distinct orders in same day?

Sad.

junk12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages junk12

Hadn't ordered in a while, as, since the team left, the deals have just been dropping off. $5 unlock used to influence purchases for small dumb things. No need to bother anymore. Sad.

gls15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gls15

Just bought some stuff off sellout woot and was hoping that my purchase would unlock the free shipping for the rest of the day... unfortunately woot SUCKS when it comes to woot-offs now and the $5 shipping per item is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS! Some things aren't even $5 to begin with so everything on the woot-offs aren't worth anything. Thanks woot.... I won't be buying anything from you again....

bsmith1

quality posts: 105 Private Messages bsmith1
gls15 wrote:Just bought some stuff off sellout woot and was hoping that my purchase would unlock the free shipping for the rest of the day... unfortunately woot SUCKS when it comes to woot-offs now and the $5 shipping per item is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS! Some things aren't even $5 to begin with so everything on the woot-offs aren't worth anything. Thanks woot.... I won't be buying anything from you again....

Back in the day, it was $5 per item. Just be thankful you have the cart.

malcolmd83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages malcolmd83

I, too, am disappointed by the change back to $5 per item. Once I determined that yesterday, I lost interest in the WootOff. Too bad...

bsmith1

malcolmd83 wrote:I, too, am disappointed by the change back to $5 per item. Once I determined that yesterday, I lost interest in the WootOff. Too bad...

It's $5 per cart (order) now not item.

wuapinmon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wuapinmon

I just realized that woot-offs are not $5 shipping all day long. I searched the forums and found this thread. I really dislike it when a company gives you a perk and then takes it away. $5 is affordable, but when I can get the same price on an item at Amazon with Prime, the need to obsessively watch woot-offs has ended. What's the point now?

bsmith1

wuapinmon wrote:I just realized that woot-offs are not $5 shipping all day long. I searched the forums and found this thread.

You might also be interested in this thread about the Cart feature. $5 all day shipping was really a stop gap fix after the site redesign and before they had the cart ready to go.

wuapinmon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wuapinmon
bsmith1 wrote:You might also be interested in this thread about the Cart feature. $5 all day shipping was really a stop gap fix after the site redesign and before they had the cart ready to go.

Much like government entitlements, once you give a group a benefit, and then take it away, there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

chrisfarker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrisfarker
wuapinmon wrote:Much like government entitlements, once you give a group a benefit, and then take it away, there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

I hadn't used woot in the $5 item days but when I saw they did$5 shipping for 24 hours my first thought was.... Finally - 'a company is not trying to screw you since they are going to ship everything in the same box anyway... '

Months after the change and my decline in purchases are a result of the shipping cost.

Items expire in my cart all the time as I wait for something to make the shipping cost 'worth it'.

bsmith1

chrisfarker wrote:I hadn't used woot in the $5 item days but when I saw they did$5 shipping for 24 hours my first thought was.... Finally - 'a company is not trying to screw you since they are going to ship everything in the same box anyway... '

Months after the change and my decline in purchases are a result of the shipping cost.

Items expire in my cart all the time as I wait for something to make the shipping cost 'worth it'.

Most of the time, woot items won't ship in the same box anyway.

NikkiGoodson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NikkiGoodson

NOOOOOOO! Wow, I can't believe it took me over a year to realize this "$5 shipping all day" changed back.

The reason I noticed today? I just started making more money. So I was about to blow it all on the woot-offs today. I still might spend some more, but I'll be a little more cautious...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 588 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

NikkiGoodson wrote:NOOOOOOO! Wow, I can't believe it took me over a year to realize this "$5 shipping all day" changed back.

The reason I noticed today? I just started making more money. So I was about to blow it all on the woot-offs today. I still might spend some more, but I'll be a little more cautious...

Yep, it ended when we unveiled the shopping cart in April 2013. Fill your cart for $5.

Read here

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jlarson328

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jlarson328
golncor wrote:wow, all these whiners..

it's only $5 per order, jeez!!!

lets see. to mail or ship something flat rate in a box, 4x6x1.5 inches is $5.80..
Most things shipped from woot are many times larger...
I think $5 is very reasonable..

you people are just whining to whine..

+1

tjhoulihan wrote:Says the guys who posts >10x for every purchase he makes... I bet you will start whining when Woot starts charging a (lurker) message board fee to everyone who has a post to purchase ratio of greater than 2x.

wut?

posts have nothing to do with purchases...

First Birthday of Celebrations 7/11/14, First Shirt Birthday of Celebrations 7/11/14, Birthday Puzzle Mysterious Letter 7/22/14, wife of "MM"

jlarson328

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jlarson328

I have found, in my internet shopping years, that if $5 makes THAT much of a difference, maybe you don't actually need the item after all...

Thank you Woot for helping me control my impulse buys ;)

First Birthday of Celebrations 7/11/14, First Shirt Birthday of Celebrations 7/11/14, Birthday Puzzle Mysterious Letter 7/22/14, wife of "MM"