3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

amnewsboy

quality posts: 48 Private Messages amnewsboy

Guy Fieri and knives. So many things I want to say, all of them probably not wise on a public message board.

Uccello

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Uccello
amnewsboy wrote:Guy Fieri and knives. So many things I want to say, all of them probably not wise on a public message board.

agreed. hahaha....

BIRD BIRD BIRD

mrpockets19

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrpockets19

These knives are perfect for letting people know right away that you are not good at cooking.

chnsawalex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chnsawalex

I own one of the ergo chef knives (http://www.amazon.com/Ergo-Chef-ER8-Pro-Series-8-Inch/dp/B001I1M5G2). They are made in the states and is actually not bad. Holds an edge really well.

teddypimp21

quality posts: 7 Private Messages teddypimp21

I don't own these knives, I've never used these knives, but, I can't possibly suggest people use the bottom of the knive handle to smash things.

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76

There's an electric log splitter on the Tools and Garden site I'd sooner use to cut food than anything bearing the Guy Fieri brand.

thespiansmc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thespiansmc
mrpockets19 wrote:These knives are perfect for letting people know right away that you are not good at cooking.

you win today's internet.

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick

The knives are stamped with "knuckle sandwich." I strongly recommend against chopping your knuckles into a sandwich.

Also, if you use these knives, are you required to wear your sunglasses backwards on your head?

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3452 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Pretty good reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) on the midnight series 8" chef knife over at cooking.com

dmax801

quality posts: 8 Private Messages dmax801
mrpockets19 wrote:These knives are perfect for letting people know right away that you are not good at cooking.

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom
thumperchick wrote:The knives are stamped with "knuckle sandwich." I strongly recommend against chopping your knuckles into a sandwich.

Also, if you use these knives, are you required to wear your sunglasses backwards on your head?

Do you need to wear a lot of big rings for the handle to be comfortable?

countdown

quality posts: 14 Private Messages countdown

"Wow, Guy Fieri's name is on it; it must be good." Said no one ever.

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 36 Private Messages jiggersgreen
conanthelibrarian wrote:Pretty good reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) on the midnight series 8" chef knife over at cooking.com

Just caught fake microsoft ant-virus from your link.

[MOD: All was fine for me. Cooking.com is well known site. ]

changyi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages changyi

Hard to choose where to order - today at Woot $35+$5+tax or at Amazon $44 everyday?

LaurenR0x

quality posts: 3 Private Messages LaurenR0x
countdown wrote:"Wow, Guy Fieri's name is on it; it must be good." Said no one ever.

Except for the Guy sammich some dude ordered in front of me @ Chaps Pit Beef the other day (one of the dives featured on D3).

robmaeder

quality posts: 3 Private Messages robmaeder

So is "Guy Fieri" some code way of saying "not the sharpest knife in the drawer?"

phonedog365

quality posts: 6 Private Messages phonedog365

I think if it were three for $10 I just might try 'em. Maybe. Not sure if I could pop my collar long enough to actually use them or not.

TheTexasTwister

quality posts: 11 Private Messages TheTexasTwister

I almost bought these knives then when I glanced at the design on the handles and thought they were tied in with the Houston Texans football franchise. Imagine my disappointment when I read further and found out they were Guy Fieri knives.

Houston Texans' knives would have been so much better. In every way possible.

danman1202

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danman1202

you just burned guy fieri on his own shirt flames

bowser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bowser

I bet @dadboner will be snapping a set of these up in no time at all, bad boy style.

LaKASkill

quality posts: 17 Private Messages LaKASkill

Blah Blah Blah.. Now that the peanut gallery has had their chance, anyone own these or have any experience using them?

michaelvella

quality posts: 12 Private Messages michaelvella
countdown wrote:"Wow, Guy Fieri's name is on it; it must be good." Said no one ever.

LOL
We flipped over to food network earlier tonite and we saw Guy Fieri in a tank top. Double fail.

lete

quality posts: 23 Private Messages lete

The way the handle bends down makes it look like it wouldn't leave enough room between your hand and the counter.

RichardCarver

quality posts: 3 Private Messages RichardCarver

People, people, Fieri is so terminal owning one of these knives would be ever so deliciously ironic. Your hipster friends would spit take their Shariz into their hand made hummus ravioli you had just cut with your Midnight Series 8 Chef knife.

This knife is so ironic your friends little square glasses would fog over in envy. Indeed, you would become the arbiter of irony in your circle because you were the only one cool enough to pull off a Guy Fieri 5008 Knuckle Sandwich 8" Chef.

Go forth and cut your artisan bread as deeply as your irony cuts into the psyches of your stunned buddies.

zelmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zelmo

For the Lions, and Tigers, and Bears! Oh, my! nozzle that has everything.

conanthelibrarian

interesting video overview on the knuckle sandwich knife from guyfieriknives

conanthelibrarian

Check out Guy speaking about the knuckle sandwich line

sublimelime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sublimelime

You have no idea how long I've been searching for an 8" chef knife that goes with my Wrestle-mania themed kitchen. Thanks to the Knuckle Sandwich knife my home is complete!

lroller

quality posts: 15 Private Messages lroller

I represent Tevye, from "Fiddler on the Roof" fame. He thought he might know someone with a use for these.

patreezia

quality posts: 5 Private Messages patreezia

so I guess these in no way compare with Shuns, right?

lroller

"Lots of Wooters, Wooting". Do I hear someone in for our second purchase of the evening? If you buy the LED TV/log splitter these will be shipped free...pleeeze! I beg of you.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Y'all are cracking me up. Much nicer than the folks on Sport.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

chnsawalex wrote:I own one of the ergo chef knives (http://www.amazon.com/Ergo-Chef-ER8-Pro-Series-8-Inch/dp/B001I1M5G2). They are made in the states and is actually not bad. Holds an edge really well.

Good Point. These knives are made by ERGO CHEF. That is, Guy Fieri by Ergo Chef.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

lroller

ThunderThighs wrote:Y'all are cracking me up. Much nicer than the folks on Sport.

We drink more...they're healthier and meaner or is it "leaner".

conanthelibrarian

teddypimp21 wrote:I don't own these knives, I've never used these knives, but, I can't possibly suggest people use the bottom of the knive handle to smash things.

Couldn't agree more. With the way you would need to hold it, I can see a trip to the ER in my future.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

damn, a cleaver would be great for when I make chicken stock and want to break down a few chickens.

jsvend

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jsvend
LaKASkill wrote:Blah Blah Blah.. Now that the peanut gallery has had their chance, anyone own these or have any experience using them?

i have the midnight series chef knife and am pleased with its performance in the kitchen. the one i have is not full tang but the ones shown here are full tang so i would expect they're even more pleasurable to use. if i didn't have 204825 knives in the house, i'd order one of these from woot, no questions asked. cat cora's 8" chef knife for $40 at foodnetwork is also in my sights.

fmp031000

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fmp031000

I have the 5.5" santoku and 4" paring knife set. Uniquely titled the "Midnight Series Set." I got it off of the Macy's clearance rack for $19.99 and they might be worth that price. They are X50CrMoV15 (0.5% carbon stainless steel). The build is good and comfortable and it does function as a knife. I didn't notice the skull crusher on the back of the blade until I got on woot, but for those with big hands the rough back becomes a pinky rest. You will have to sharpen these very often, but they don't rust easily.