testudoaubreii

quality posts: 13 Private Messages testudoaubreii

Maybe you could put a sanding head on a dremel and buff away the Guy Fieri branding? I mean, it might leave you with scratched-up blades, but at least you wouldn't have that guy's name on what are apparently decent enough knives.

frogshavemorefun

quality posts: 3 Private Messages frogshavemorefun

Good reviews here at http://www.amazon.com/Guy-Fieri-ER34-Knuckle-Sandwich/dp/B005583HS4

Think I'll try the cleaver. Price is worth the risk.

kjc5050

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kjc5050

Ah, perfect. I'll be able to use my Guy Fieri knives while wearing my Snooki Slippers and sipping Donald Trump vodka. My life is now complete. Thanks, Woot!

Kevin J Connolly

hockeytown316

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hockeytown316

I have everyone of the knives in this collection. They are REAL professional grade knives. The cleaver is super as well as the other two. You won't be disappointed.

Daniel MacDonald

catcab2000

quality posts: 1 Private Messages catcab2000

These could be the greatest knives ever, but as anyone who has ever tasted his horrendous salsa can tell you, he'll put his name on anything.

And seriously, you're supposed to use the handle to smash things?! Great idea. Put a fork on the end of the blade while you're at it.

hockeytown316

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hockeytown316

Just to point out one knife if from the knuckel buster series and the other two are from the midnight series.

Daniel MacDonald

kmeltzer

quality posts: 32 Private Messages kmeltzer

Do I need to wear my glasses on the back of my head, dress like a clown and not know how to cook to qualify to use these?

kwkilcoyne

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kwkilcoyne

I've decided to Shun this deal.

eirekellt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eirekellt
amnewsboy wrote:Guy Fieri and knives. So many things I want to say, all of them probably not wise on a public message board.

Agreed. I can't take a man with hair like that seriously. Then there's his personality...

mikemtn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikemtn
conanthelibrarian wrote:Check out Guy speaking about the knuckle sandwich line

Maybe it's just me but I have a problem with anybody playing Mr. Cool by wearing sunglasses inside and being interviewed.

jaisaii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaisaii

does anyone know exactly when it was that GF decided to change how he pronounced his name from fee-air-ee to fee-ahd-dee? WHAT A D... !

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 95 Private Messages radi0j0hn
TheTexasTwister wrote:I almost bought these knives then when I glanced at the design on the handles and thought they were tied in with the Houston Texans football franchise. Imagine my disappointment when I read further and found out they were Guy Fieri knives.

Houston Texans' knives would have been so much better. In every way possible.

My reaction entirely, first-class brisket cutters for McBee's Barbecue south of San Antonio.

(Then, next, the New York Jets ones would be switchblades.)

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 95 Private Messages radi0j0hn
fmp031000 wrote:The build is good and comfortable and it does function as a knife.

Hmmmmm. A knife that does function as a knife.

I just checked my kitchen drawer and (I guess I'm lucky), but every single one of my knives does that!

I would like to see a knife that does not...perhaps one of those rubber ones they sell around Halloween that has the spring thing that you put on your head so it looks like it is sticking through?

I mean no offense, I'm just intrigued and speculating as yet another snow shower whips into Minnesota.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

BillThePoet

quality posts: 9 Private Messages BillThePoet

For those who missed the laughter and fun last fall, check out the NYTimes review of Guy's Times Square restaurant.

jbenfield

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbenfield

It's very telling that the product photos focus on the heel and blur out the blades. I guess that's meant to tell you that they're designed to be good hammers.

OverkillTASF

quality posts: 2 Private Messages OverkillTASF

Ha, also, on my Woot view, the next item is "DB Garden Tools". Guess you can't sell the Lions, and Tigers, and Bears! Oh, my! bag's kitchen tools without his garden tools.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
BillThePoet wrote:For those who missed the laughter and fun last fall, check out the NYTimes review of Guy's Times Square restaurant.

Make sure you also check out the not so real menu for it also.

http://guysamericankitchenandbar.com/

mm20

quality posts: 34 Private Messages mm20

62 comments thus far, and maybe 5 of them are useful.

Trolls, they be everywhere.

The 12 days of crap was just that- crap.

It's funny how when Woot! calls their stuff crap, it's ok, but when *YOU* call it crap, *poof* you get banned. Hypocrites.

omoomo

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omoomo
conanthelibrarian wrote:interesting video overview on the knuckle sandwich knife from guyfieriknives

A Guy Fieri video review from a grown ass man who still wears his hat backwards. You can't write this stuff.

Can we bundle these knives with some Rachel Ray merchandize for the "most douchiest Woot! evar"?

stebrad

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stebrad
conanthelibrarian wrote:interesting video overview on the knuckle sandwich knife from guyfieriknives

Oh my, I've never seen anyone suggest holding a knife like that.

The correct way to hold a knife: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsaQ01Qe_BE

CrystalSinger

quality posts: 7 Private Messages CrystalSinger
jiggersgreen wrote:Just caught fake microsoft ant-virus from your link.

[MOD: All was fine for me. Cooking.com is well known site. ]

I got the same warning from my anti-virus after something redirected my browser. There is something not right with that page.

T

CrystalSinger

quality posts: 7 Private Messages CrystalSinger
CrystalSinger wrote:I got the same warning from my anti-virus after something redirected my browser. There is something not right with that page.

Also, as an IT person, I can tell you that a well-known site might still be a problem if it allows 3rd party advertising - which most commercial sites seem to do these days - or if it has any vulnerable code that could be exploited by hackers.

T

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DaZoneRanger
jaisaii wrote:does anyone know exactly when it was that GF decided to change how he pronounced his name from fee-air-ee to fee-ahd-dee? WHAT A D... !

Not sure about that, but maybe it was around the time he actually changed his name from Ferry to Fieri. Yup, check it out on Wikipedia or elsewhere. His birth name is Guy Ferry. Guess he thought Fieri was more worthy of some chef cred.

Anyway, I like the looks of these knives, especially the star in that cleaver. Kinda want to buy it, but don't have any money. Ergo Chef knives get pretty good reviews and, anyway, it is my finding that even cheep knives cut well when kept sharp. I had bought a Shun from Woot a few years ago and I didn't like it as much as my $10 Accuto brand knife I bought from Homegoods. It didn't even cut better than the $10 knife. I kept the knife sharp, though. I sold the Shun and kept my red bladed and red handled knife.

davemays123

quality posts: 7 Private Messages davemays123

All Guy Fieri bashing aside, these things look to have terrible ergonomics. I can't figure out what good could come of slanting the handle downward like that. It would make for an awkward cutting angle and possibly cause you to hit your knuckles on the board when you chop.

bruce57

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bruce57
mm20 wrote:62 comments thus far, and maybe 5 of them are useful.

I guess you make 63.....without being Number 6...

andled

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andled
LaKASkill wrote:Blah Blah Blah.. Now that the peanut gallery has had their chance, anyone own these or have any experience using them?

I have the whole set and I have been really pleased with them. I cook a lot and they have really held up to a lot of use and have stayed sharp. No complaints from me!

dmax801

quality posts: 8 Private Messages dmax801
davemays123 wrote:All Guy Fieri bashing aside, these things look to have terrible ergonomics.

You are totally missing the point.

They have FLAMES on the handle!

snowkitten

quality posts: 1 Private Messages snowkitten

While I don't have any of these, my dad does and he likes them. He says they cut very well, although I seem go recall him saying the ergonomic handles were odd and took some getting used to.

For what it's worth my dad knows what he's doing in the kitchen and is super picky. He is just as likely to buy a $5 knife as a $200 knife if it works well. If something doesn't work as good as it should, it's quickly replaced. And whether or not you like Guy Fieri, I know these knives are still in my dad's kitchen after several years.

cmackin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmackin
amnewsboy wrote:Guy Fieri and knives. So many things I want to say, all of them probably not wise on a public message board.

Is there a better way to announce to the world, "I HAVE NO DIGNITY" than buying anything by Guy Fieri?

whejas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whejas

Does anyone know if all that Guy Fieri junk can be taken off the blade with a Dremel? If so, this would make a great gift for a Houston Texans fan.

jfratt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jfratt
chnsawalex wrote:I own one of the ergo chef knives (http://www.amazon.com/Ergo-Chef-ER8-Pro-Series-8-Inch/dp/B001I1M5G2). They are made in the states and is actually not bad. Holds an edge really well.

Agreed. They are definitely fun to make fun of but actually perform really well.

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom
jaisaii wrote:does anyone know exactly when it was that GF decided to change how he pronounced his name from fee-air-ee to fee-ahd-dee? WHAT A D... !

He's been pronouncing it that was since he was on Next Food Network Star.

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom
jbenfield wrote:It's very telling that the product photos focus on the heel and blur out the blades. I guess that's meant to tell you that they're designed to be good hammers.

That's just arty photography. Very short depth of field has been "in" for years, especially for food and related photos.

bluemaple

quality posts: 74 Private Messages bluemaple

Who is this Guy, Fieri anyway?

I thought they were by Evel Knievel.

gdm4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gdm4

That is for sure, I just want information, not what you think of him, are the knives any good, that would be a refreshing change.

airspoon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages airspoon
jsvend wrote:i have the midnight series chef knife and am pleased with its performance in the kitchen. the one i have is not full tang but the ones shown here are full tang so i would expect they're even more pleasurable to use. if i didn't have 204825 knives in the house, i'd order one of these from woot, no questions asked. cat cora's 8" chef knife for $40 at foodnetwork is also in my sights.

The tang has nothing do with how pleasurable a knife is to use (other than maybe weight, which can be compensated for), but rather the sturdiness and strength of the knife. With that said, I would never recommend a knife without a full tang. I didn't even realize that American-made knives are sold without a full tang.

LaKASkill

quality posts: 16 Private Messages LaKASkill
jsvend wrote:i have the midnight series chef knife and am pleased with its performance in the kitchen. the one i have is not full tang but the ones shown here are full tang so i would expect they're even more pleasurable to use. if i didn't have 204825 knives in the house, i'd order one of these from woot, no questions asked. cat cora's 8" chef knife for $40 at foodnetwork is also in my sights.

Thank You!!!!

anderdb

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anderdb

Pure garbage.

I was given one of the "Knuckle Sandwich" knives for free about a year ago. I put it to test against my Shun cutting up some random fruits and vegetables and the Shun destroyed it. Obviously, the Shun is much more expensive so I pulled out an old, rusty, mistreated, cheap piece of junk knife that's been sitting in a box for a few years. The junk knife likewise destroyed the Knuckle Sandwich by a wide margin.

There are cheaper and much better chef's knives on the market such as the highly rated Victorinox. Or, if you are a little more serious about cooking, you could spend a few extra bucks on a brand like Wusthof. These Guy Fieri knives are just worthless junk and have no reason for existing unless you want knives that look cool that you never actually use.

Mifune

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mifune
anderdb wrote:Pure garbage.

I was given one of the "Knuckle Sandwich" knives for free about a year ago. I put it to test against my Shun cutting up some random fruits and vegetables and the Shun destroyed it. Obviously, the Shun is much more expensive so I pulled out an old, rusty, mistreated, cheap piece of junk knife that's been sitting in a box for a few years. The junk knife likewise destroyed the Knuckle Sandwich by a wide margin.

There are cheaper and much better chef's knives on the market such as the highly rated Victorinox. Or, if you are a little more serious about cooking, you could spend a few extra bucks on a brand like Wusthof. These Guy Fieri knives are just worthless junk and have no reason for existing unless you want knives that look cool that you never actually use.

disraeli

quality posts: 7 Private Messages disraeli

Why would anyone with 20k+ knives own anything that isn't full tang?

Technically, the glass is always full.