WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Hey, Woot has a shopping cart! Welcome to 20th Century retail! Mortimer is a little hurt that his suggestions were not incorporated.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

That's OK, Mortimer. I know what you meant. My four-year-old would appreciate it.

jcolag

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jcolag

So...You're suggesting that nobody even scoped out the javascrapt thing, then?

scotsmarc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scotsmarc

Woot presents itself as a hip ethical company, however; with the advent of the shopping cart they no longer provide $5 shipping for 24 hours. They fail to clearly inform the consumer of this and are double charging for shipping now.
I informed customer service of this, and they referred me back to their new policy.
I've been a customer of Woot for a long time but this is too much.
Fortunately there a lot of other retailers who ARE ethical and will be glad to have my business.
Amazon Prime still offers a clear, cost-effective shipping policy,fortunately I'm still a member.

Mancho

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mancho
scotsmarc wrote:Woot presents itself as a hip ethical company, however; with the advent of the shopping cart they no longer provide $5 shipping for 24 hours. They fail to clearly inform the consumer of this and are double charging for shipping now.

Fail to clearly inform? says the person posting to the discussion of a video with talking monkey toys that discuss that woot is now using a shopping cart. The video of which is posted on the main site right next to a blog post which goes into detail how the cart works and what is happening with shipping charges, which is below a large graphic which advertises the change to a shopping cart and links directly to said blog post? Right...

scotsmarc wrote:I informed customer service of this, and they referred me back to their new policy.

Woot? Customer service? Haha right...

scotsmarc wrote:
I've been a customer of Woot for a long time but this is too much.

A long time? More like barely more than a year. Try again.

scotsmarc wrote:
Fortunately there a lot of other retailers who ARE ethical and will be glad to have my business.
Amazon Prime still offers a clear, cost-effective shipping policy,fortunately I'm still a member.

So you're not going to shop at Woot, but you will at Amazon? HAHAHAHA!

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt

Don't worry, I'm sure Woot Prime will be here before we all know it.

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman

Came across this explanation:

"Real talk: we only ever had that $5 All You Can Ship in a Day promotion going because we didn't have a shopping cart. So now that we have a shopping cart, we're getting rid of it. Standard shipping is now $5 per order — just get all your stuff in one order, and it's basically the same thing. How does this affect Woot-Offs? Well, you'll have to stay on your toes. Stuff is going to sell out and sell out quickly, so you'll want to check out as soon as you can. Yes, that means you'll pay for shipping more than once if you end up buying more than one item, but the truth is we sell stuff at such stupid low prices in the Woot-Off that you're still getting a good deal."

I'm outa here...

TheCK

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheCK
Mancho wrote:So you're not going to shop at Woot, but you will at Amazon? HAHAHAHA!

Wow Mancho you managed to take a semi-valid post and reply to it with no valid points at all. It was quite the bait and switch that Amazon err Woot pulled with their shipping change. They should have at the very least had huge red or yellow siren lights saying - hey are you sure your order is complete - it's 5$ shipping per a cart now - not all day but they didn't - Woot was more than aware of what they were doing when they did this and that they did not do justice with a proper notice - to have the notice hidden behind a picture with the information that needed to be read isn't right and I for one am waiting for the correct lawyer to file on them for it - as they well should.

I don't believe anyone should make threats of not using woot anymore - just don't do it - they'll get the point - but I will tell you that if I had fallen for the shipping scheme and been charged twice before I happen see all the other complaints - I promise you they'd be refunding my 5$ before I was done.

--TheCK

TheCK

wisenekt wrote:Don't worry, I'm sure Woot Prime will be here before we all know it.

Seems redundant - the whole statement "WOOT" is .... used to be synonymous with "PRIME" as it meant awesomeness - now it's connotation is not so much after this whole fiasco.

If woot wants to charge ungodly shipping that is fine (and yes I understand other place charge more, the fact that they charge less doesn't make their charges reasonable just means they are taking less advantage of the shipping profit markup) - but they at least should release this knowledge in a proper way - pulling the stunt they did and charging people double before anyone knew what hit them isn't right tho.

--TheCK

Mancho

TheCK wrote:Wow Mancho you managed to take a semi-valid post and reply to it with no valid points at all. It was quite the bait and switch that Amazon err Woot pulled with their shipping change. They should have at the very least had huge red or yellow siren lights saying - hey are you sure your order is complete - it's 5$ shipping per a cart now - not all day but they didn't - Woot was more than aware of what they were doing when they did this and that they did not do justice with a proper notice - to have the notice hidden behind a picture with the information that needed to be read isn't right and I for one am waiting for the correct lawyer to file on them for it - as they well should.

I don't believe anyone should make threats of not using woot anymore - just don't do it - they'll get the point - but I will tell you that if I had fallen for the shipping scheme and been charged twice before I happen see all the other complaints - I promise you they'd be refunding my 5$ before I was done.

No valid points? So the fact that I pointed out several ways in which Woot notified people of the change wasn't valid? And as far as bait and switch goes, it was pretty clear from the beginning that the $5 all day thing was for a limited time. If the information "hidden" behind a picture was too difficult to notice or bother reading, maybe you should think about avoiding e-commerce altogether. And if you can find a lawyer dumb enough to take that case, you've just hit rock bottom.

Don't get me wrong, I think the change is total BS, but such is life.

TheCK

Mancho wrote:No valid points? So the fact that I pointed out several ways in which Woot notified people of the change wasn't valid? And as far as bait and switch goes, it was pretty clear from the beginning that the $5 all day thing was for a limited time. If the information "hidden" behind a picture was too difficult to notice or bother reading, maybe you should think about avoiding e-commerce altogether. And if you can find a lawyer dumb enough to take that case, you've just hit rock bottom.

Don't get me wrong, I think the change is total BS, but such is life.

Once again managed to talk like my wife - lotta words and no valid points - it's like you've got hidden talent

You and I both know that hiding it behind a big picture is of no interest - woot knows their market and the majority of their users jump on make a quick purchase to beat out a sell out and go about their day - no one but you apparently reads every post they make with every link on the page - if they did - you'd have more disciples and yet your the lonely dove?

I don't like the 5$ shipping thing but it doesn't bother me as a moral issue - their roll out on the other hand of not properly posting it when someone went to click their stupidly large yellow button - that bothers me - it just wasn't the right thing to do and should have been handled better - they should refund peoples money for the first week who were not properly informed - thats how good business men work.

--TheCK

Mancho

TheCK wrote:Once again managed to talk like my wife - lotta words and no valid points - it's like you've got hidden talent

You and I both know that hiding it behind a big picture is of no interest - woot knows their market and the majority of their users jump on make a quick purchase to beat out a sell out and go about their day - no one but you apparently reads every post they make with every link on the page - if they did - you'd have more disciples and yet your the lonely dove?

I don't like the 5$ shipping thing but it doesn't bother me as a moral issue - their roll out on the other hand of not properly posting it when someone went to click their stupidly large yellow button - that bothers me - it just wasn't the right thing to do and should have been handled better - they should refund peoples money for the first week who were not properly informed - thats how good business men work.

Hey, if I've got a talent, I might as well show it off. I could totally get on board with them refunding to people who complain within the first few days/week of the change, especially since it looks like that image is gone so soon (during a woot-off, no less. That's messed up!)

chuckoben

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chuckoben

I buy a ton of stuff from Woot because they are usually well priced and I could order throughout the day knowing I was looking at one $5 shipping charge. This morning is when I first noticed that the $5 one time charge was gone (sadly) and I quickly emptied my adorable new shopping cart. Good try on Woot's part trying to paint this pig. I won't stop buying from Woot, I'll just be buying less with the new shipping policy. It cracks me up that the reason being used to eliminate the one day $5 charge is because we now get our very own shopping cart!

lici15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lici15

I am sad about the end of $5 in 24 hour shipping... That is all woot! that is all...

I still bought a crap load of junk for my husband and me (yes me not I), uh I mean my kids to play with!

You very rarely make me sad woot! Let's face it, you have made me sad before and I have forgiven you. I only forgive you because you often have tons of awesome junk that I find myself needing.... ok, wanting!

It's late where I am woot! so I'll say good night. still sad I had to pay more then $5 in shipping in less then 24 hours.

mrkryton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrkryton

Hate the new shopping cart i now have to pay $5 dollar shipping for everything and the cart is worthless!

xmasangel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xmasangel

I actually like the cart. I think it's great that we can do a checkout all at once, but the best would be to also continue the one time $5 shipping which can easily be implemented. This especially would be beneficial to customers when there is a woot off. Knowing that I've unlocked free shipping, I often look for what else I can buy which I can now add together to a cart, but when it comes to woot offs, I find myself checking less frequently that when the shipping applied the entire day. Just my thoughts and suggestion...

lucyfoss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lucyfoss

I DID make the dumb mistake of not reading the *fine* print. I DID get royally pissed that I got a second shipping charge. I DID complain to customer service. They DID remove the charge as a "one time courtesy." FYI

Aroostook Lucy

David85712

quality posts: 0 Private Messages David85712

Five dollars per cart is not a customer friendly move. Let's negotiate.

How about $5 shipping all-day during WootOffs? That would be a friendly solution and increase impulse purchases of sub-20.00 WootOff items.

My personal solution is to avoid Woot-offs and retain more of my disposable income.

tjhoulihan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjhoulihan

The best way to get WOOTS! attention is to put a bunch of Woot-off stuff in you shopping cart and just let it expire without a purchase.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

I'm pretty sure that Woot's $5 shipping used to be lauded as something really great. Particularly when it came to shipping large items like TVs. I don't know what the percentage is (nobody told me there'd be math), but I think it would be pretty small as to how long they had $5 for 24 hours compared to $5 per item.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Mancho

pooflady wrote:I'm pretty sure that Woot's $5 shipping used to be lauded as something really great. Particularly when it came to shipping large items like TVs. I don't know what the percentage is (nobody told me there'd be math), but I think it would be pretty small as to how long they had $5 for 24 hours compared to $5 per item.

If I remember right, it was introduced October of last year. That's a pretty short time.

Edit: a quick search shows it started the end of August of last year. Still a short time

2nd Edit: Maybe the end of May? That's longer than I would have thought.

cyfie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyfie
Mancho wrote:If I remember right, it was introduced October of last year. That's a pretty short time.

Edit: a quick search shows it started the end of August of last year. Still a short time

2nd Edit: Maybe the end of May? That's longer than I would have thought.

Wow, I really am not paying attention!! I have made a few WOOT purchases since the change to a shopping cart, which I vaguely remember (CRS syndrome from old age), but I didn't notice getting bit for two shipping fees till June 14th! I think I remember them chiding me that I should finalize my purchase when I put something in the shopping cart or else someone else might buy them all, but what the heck! I agree with the others that there should still be notice of a shipping fee for every transaction for those of us with shopping dementia, like myself. Ehh...What was I saying?