electricfx

quality posts: 4 Private Messages electricfx

Just bought this last week. Works Awesome. Neighbors were happy I finally cut up my Christmas tree

suned

quality posts: 16 Private Messages suned
morpheus282 wrote:My experience with electric chainsaws is that they're very underpowered and it takes quite a bit of time to get through a branch more than an inch in diameter. In the video it looks like they're cutting through dogwood at one point, the last electric chainsaw I had took the better part of a minute to trim an 1.5" dogwood branch. My gas powered saw goes through them in a couple of seconds.

This saw will cut through a limb 1.5" like butter. It will cut up to 4" in diameter and make pretty quick work out of limbing, pruning, or clean up. As soon as I locate a video, I will post it.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 93 Private Messages radi0j0hn
hehthuryo wrote:I thought this was one of those things to grab stuff from the top shelf if you can't reach it.

"Grandpa thanks you for the new grabber, but every time he reaches for a can of hash, it rips it to shreds."

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jdean wrote:Be careful if they ship this FedEx. I ordered something and now it is in FedEx limbo (should have had it the 18th now the tracking says N/A for est. arrival). FedEx sucks.

If you ordered from us, be sure to email support@woot.com so they can look into it.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rocque

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rocque
giolee88 wrote:Would it be wrong to trim all the overgrown bushes in my neighborhood covering the sidewalks?

It made Edward Scissorhands popular for a little while but then we all know how that ended. Beware the angry mob neighbors.

beck12

quality posts: 41 Private Messages beck12

For those that have said the B&D Alligator is "better", does that telescope? All I am seeing is that is a handheld tool, but maybe I am looking at the wrong item. I was looking to do a pole saw for Dh for Father's day & it needs to be a pole saw, so I am thinking this might fit the bill. We have a lot of trees but are in town, so an extension cord is possible, although rarely ideal with a bunch of boys running around, so I am torn on that feature. :/

spending my kid's college funds one woot off at a time

suned

beck12 wrote:For those that have said the B&D Alligator is "better", does that telescope? All I am seeing is that is a handheld tool, but maybe I am looking at the wrong item. I was looking to do a pole saw for Dh for Father's day & it needs to be a pole saw, so I am thinking this might fit the bill. We have a lot of trees but are in town, so an extension cord is possible, although rarely ideal with a bunch of boys running around, so I am torn on that feature. :/

Compared to the Lopper, when making cuts on the ground, this is a 1-handed operation. For the extention, it is 2-handed. With the extention it is heavier but the teeth allow it to rest on the limb which helps stabilize while cutting.

CaptainCowPie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CaptainCowPie

I just got the cordless model WG320 last week, and it works great on branches on the ground. We still have a lot left over from a recent storm. Just place the "jaws" over the branch and push down. Quick and efficient. The only drawback to the cordless is that the battery only last about 20 minutes.

I haven't tried it on trees yet so I can't say how it will work while holding in the air.

One reason I chose this over the competition was that it automatically oiled the blade each time you cut. Saves me from having to remember to do it.

adilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adilla
kcostell wrote:Note: If you have children who love playing with those "robotic arm" plastic claw toys, you might want to keep this away from them.

Man, and I was going to let them have at the backyard with this badboy.

kildowb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kildowb
Nate650 wrote:I own one of these puppies so don't feel the need to own a similar item, though I do tend to be a tool freak.

Thank a lot. I thought your link was to a cute German Shepherd pup...

drgnlvrs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drgnlvrs

I bought one of these for small work in the yard, little did I know that my wife would be the primary user. She loves the ease and power of this tool. It is especially great for breaking down large branches that have been brought down and chopping it into smaller chunks. Very quick and easy to use. No regrets.

firesleuth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firesleuth
CaptainCowPie wrote:I just got the cordless model WG320 last week, and it works great on branches on the ground. We still have a lot left over from a recent storm. Just place the "jaws" over the branch and push down. Quick and efficient. The only drawback to the cordless is that the battery only last about 20 minutes.

I haven't tried it on trees yet so I can't say how it will work while holding in the air.

One reason I chose this over the competition was that it automatically oiled the blade each time you cut. Saves me from having to remember to do it.

WARNING-WARNING-WARNING! Woot's product description is misleading. It is either because they were fooled by the manufacturer's promise or it is deliberate. The specs state "Includes a 12-Foot extension pole" NOT SO! The Mfgr. advertising says that you can cut branches up to 12 foot high. You automatically think that it has a 12-foot extension to do that. NOT SO! It has a 5-foot extension pole. You can cut up to 12 feet high based on the assumption that the user is 6 feet tall with full arm extention. THEN you might cut a branch 12 feet high. Woot's spec that it comes with a 12 foot pole is wrong. I knew enough to check for this because last season I ordered an electric chain saw from Sears that promised that I could cut branches 12-15 feet high. I ASSUMED that it came with a pole that long. Nope, a 6-foot pole with me standing on tip-toes, I could reach 10-12 feet high. Check the video and product description on Amazon for the JAW SAW before you buy. They are more careful about the description and never claim there is a 12 foot pole included. The video clearly states that it is a 5-foot pole.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

firesleuth wrote:WARNING-WARNING-WARNING! Woot's product description is misleading. It is either because they were fooled by the manufacturer's promise or it is deliberate. The specs state "Includes a 12-Foot extension pole" NOT SO! The Mfgr. advertising says that you can cut branches up to 12 foot high. You automatically think that it has a 12-foot extension to do that. NOT SO! It has a 5-foot extension pole. You can cut up to 12 feet high based on the assumption that the user is 6 feet tall with full arm extention. THEN you might cut a branch 12 feet high. Woot's spec that it comes with a 12 foot pole is wrong. I knew enough to check for this because last season I ordered an electric chain saw from Sears that promised that I could cut branches 12-15 feet high. I ASSUMED that it came with a pole that long. Nope, a 6-foot pole with me standing on tip-toes, I could reach 10-12 feet high. Check the video and product description on Amazon for the JAW SAW before you buy. They are more careful about the description and never claim there is a 12 foot pole included. The video clearly states that it is a 5-foot pole.

Yes, we were a bit unclear on that. It was a 12' reach. We've reworded that info to make it more clear. Thanks for pointing that out.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

suned

firesleuth wrote:WARNING-WARNING-WARNING! Woot's product description is misleading. It is either because they were fooled by the manufacturer's promise or it is deliberate. The specs state "Includes a 12-Foot extension pole" NOT SO! The Mfgr. advertising says that you can cut branches up to 12 foot high. You automatically think that it has a 12-foot extension to do that. NOT SO! It has a 5-foot extension pole. You can cut up to 12 feet high based on the assumption that the user is 6 feet tall with full arm extention. THEN you might cut a branch 12 feet high. Woot's spec that it comes with a 12 foot pole is wrong. I knew enough to check for this because last season I ordered an electric chain saw from Sears that promised that I could cut branches 12-15 feet high. I ASSUMED that it came with a pole that long. Nope, a 6-foot pole with me standing on tip-toes, I could reach 10-12 feet high. Check the video and product description on Amazon for the JAW SAW before you buy. They are more careful about the description and never claim there is a 12 foot pole included. The video clearly states that it is a 5-foot pole.

You are correct. The pole/extension is actually 61" (little over 5 feet). The pole/extension connected to the JawSaw is about 77" (little over 6 feet)which means with the length of an arm (mine being 24") and my height 5'6". 77" + 24" + 66" = about a 13 foot reach so Worx states up to 12' reach.

MITCHELLWOOT

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MITCHELLWOOT

Have one, love it. Safe and quick.
Just don,t make cuts on the ground where the chainsaw may dig into the ground and dull itself.
Cleared a yard of saplings very quickly, only con was cutting through a couple of extension cords because I got cut crazy....

chipgreen

quality posts: 178 Private Messages chipgreen
prttymf8 wrote:The most important lesson I've learned from using a pole pruner:

If it doesn't reach the branch you're trying to get to while holding the pruner at an angle, do not stand directly under the branch and stare at it while cutting it.

I use my pole pruner to fend off the branch on its descent towards my face.
It helps if you're expecting it.

klhagood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klhagood

This thing works great. It cuts right thru anything you can fit in the jaws. Only thing to make sure of is that the blade is on top when you cut, or it may grab if it is a big limb. I love mine

drgnlvrs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drgnlvrs

Agreed. But I had researched those issues and was prepared for how long the extension really was. It has been a great product for my family. Frankly, if the extension were a 12' pole, it would be completely unwieldy.

bmxjimp

quality posts: 38 Private Messages bmxjimp
thumperchick wrote:Anyone else see this and get a mental image of this:

The first thing I thought of was a weapon that belongs in Unreal Tournament. I haven't gamed much lately.

My username didn't change to jimp for my birthday, but I understand. Thanks, we're good!

Mescalero

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mescalero
kcostell wrote:Note: If you have children who love playing with those "robotic arm" plastic claw toys, you might want to keep this away from them.

hmmmm yeah, I would think you'd want to keep this away from your kids. Along with butcher knives, rat poison, razor blades. The list just goes on and on.

mrsn42608

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrsn42608

We bought one of these at BJ's a few months ago and it works great. Very easy to use and good for getting those higher branches easily. Definitely a good purchase and good price.

SonovaVondruke

quality posts: 11 Private Messages SonovaVondruke
prttymf8 wrote:The most important lesson I've learned from using a pole pruner:

If it doesn't reach the branch you're trying to get to while holding the pruner at an angle, do not stand directly under the branch and stare at it while cutting it.

It's also a good idea not to sit on a tree branch when you cut it down.

mcwdes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcwdes
BrakX wrote:How will this hold up in the zombie apocalypse?

Excellent! Just go for the Zombies with 4 inch necks or smaller! Oh... Also need a really long extension cord!

zollars23

quality posts: 15 Private Messages zollars23

I have no real use for this, but I still want one.

(V) (;,,;) (V) <---Zoidberg

{img]https://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/712b9375-5487-4897-baf4-2212baf8dbca.png[/img]

morpheus282

quality posts: 6 Private Messages morpheus282
suned wrote:This saw will cut through a limb 1.5" like butter. It will cut up to 4" in diameter and make pretty quick work out of limbing, pruning, or clean up. As soon as I locate a video, I will post it.

If this thing could cut through one of the 4" dogwood branches in my yard in half the time of my gas powered saw I'd probably fall over dead of shock. Not saying this isn't a useful tool, just that it's probably not all that and a bag of chips.

suned

morpheus282 wrote:If this thing could cut through one of the 4" dogwood branches in my yard in half the time of my gas powered saw I'd probably fall over dead of shock. Not saying this isn't a useful tool, just that it's probably not all that and a bag of chips.

It's pretty darn powerful and I have gone to town on a few dogwoods in my yard with it. It won't run out of gas in the middle of cutting the dogwood either.

carolgrant

quality posts: 1 Private Messages carolgrant

Based on the pics, it's so simple even a woman or old guy can use one. Woo.

parrotice

quality posts: 6 Private Messages parrotice
zollars23 wrote:I have no real use for this, but I still want one.

Seriously... I live in a Condo, and I want one of these. How will this work on cutting wooden dowels or those coated-wire shelves?

carolgrant wrote:Based on the pics, it's so simple even a woman or old guy can use one. Woo.

I'm trying to decide if I should be offended at this... Meh... I'm an old woman, so I guess not.

Where's the crap?

exlaxer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages exlaxer

Anybody else wondering why this isn't categorized under the new Tools & Garden Woot? I hope only a very few wooters would choose to use this indoors...

I hope you can sleep at night knowing that you just made me buy 3.

ginawoot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages ginawoot
jeleavitt wrote:Gonna take a looong electric cord!

Maybe they're going to run it off their car's battery, parked alongside?

isnoop

quality posts: 9 Private Messages isnoop
blueconversechucks wrote:YouTube commercial for it. Looks pretty cool.

I like this video primarily because they put the music on the right channel and the announcer on the left. If you cut the balance all the way to the left, it's a good object lesson in modern deep-voice voiceover work.

ginawoot

chipgreen wrote:I use my pole pruner to fend off the branch on its descent towards my face.
It helps if you're expecting it.

I hope you people are posting vids to America's Funniest Home Videos! :-)

ginawoot

isnoop wrote:I like this video primarily because they put the music on the right channel and the announcer on the left. If you cut the balance all the way to the left, it's a good object lesson in modern deep-voice voiceover work.

Huh. To think that I had the sound turned off when I watched this. (I just figured most infomercials are self-explanatory w/o the "But wait! There's more" voice-over.)

richiers

quality posts: 3 Private Messages richiers

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

richiers wrote:

(i edited your post to embed the video. apologies for my meddling ways. hopefully you don't mind!)

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

RaisinROM

quality posts: 10 Private Messages RaisinROM
carolgrant wrote:Based on the pics, it's so simple even a woman or old guy can use one. Woo.

Sexist AND ageist !

Dazzle DVD, Tornado USB, No Crank Hose Reel, SCREAMING Monkey, Woot Off Lights, Solar Panel, Ion USB Turntable, Power Squid, Sansa, Slacker, Ed Hardy RC Plane, EzyFlare, iPod, hammer, tv, A N D . . . my FIRST Bag of Coal !!!!!!!!!!! After that: Little Giant ladder, large button remotes for dad, Dremel Multi-Max tool, Vornado Fan, Emerson Timer, Oliso Iron, EZY Flares, LED Safety Triangle, Dyson DC21, Screaming Monkeys, Mini CamCorder

RaisinROM

quality posts: 10 Private Messages RaisinROM
parrotice wrote:I'm trying to decide if I should be offended at this... Meh... I'm an old woman, so I guess not.

but you are still a woman, and Yes, you should be offended, I was, and I commented :-) Interestingly, it looks like the original "author" is a woman !

Dazzle DVD, Tornado USB, No Crank Hose Reel, SCREAMING Monkey, Woot Off Lights, Solar Panel, Ion USB Turntable, Power Squid, Sansa, Slacker, Ed Hardy RC Plane, EzyFlare, iPod, hammer, tv, A N D . . . my FIRST Bag of Coal !!!!!!!!!!! After that: Little Giant ladder, large button remotes for dad, Dremel Multi-Max tool, Vornado Fan, Emerson Timer, Oliso Iron, EZY Flares, LED Safety Triangle, Dyson DC21, Screaming Monkeys, Mini CamCorder

jemrkr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jemrkr
RaisinROM wrote:but you are still a woman, and Yes, you should be offended, I was, and I commented :-) Interestingly, it looks like the original "author" is a woman !

I think she meant that facetiously.

cannedpoo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cannedpoo

Will it work on my neighbor's outdoor spotlight?
How about tires?
Just askin'

bluemaple

quality posts: 66 Private Messages bluemaple
RaisinROM wrote:
but you are still a woman, and Yes, you should be offended, I was, and I commented :-) Interestingly, it looks like the original "author" is a woman !

jemrkr wrote:I think she meant that facetiously.

Hey @jemrkr, what yer trying to do use'n them thar fanci wurds, konfuse us? ;-)...