WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Razer Gaming Accessories

If you want good gear with names that make you feel like you're in a Tom Clancy novel, Razer's the company for you. If you want gaming tools that are both dark AND glowing at the same time, Razer's for you. If you're bored with the peripherals that came with your computer, Razer. Is. For. You.

Quality Posts

thecamerone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thecamerone

Once again, the Deathadder is sold out before I even wake up -.-

alose

quality posts: 3 Private Messages alose

I have Black Widow Ultimate Stealth 2013. The mechanical feel is excellent. I understand the non-Stealth is much the same but makes clicking noises when you type.

draigun

quality posts: 23 Private Messages draigun

Just a note that those receiving an Oculus VR Development Kit soon might want to take interest in the Razer Hydra. There is already some minor support for combining the two (including what I believe is support for the Hydra in the example project Oculus is sending out), and that support should only grow once more receive their kits.

The price here at Woot is the same that Oculus/Razer offered with their coupon code a while back.

Decent (not great; 3.5 star) reviews at Amazon.

nbrikha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nbrikha

Is the Chimaera compatible with PC applications? I want one but I have no desire to use it for my xBox

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

nbrikha wrote:Is the Chimaera compatible with PC applications? I want one but I have no desire to use it for my xBox

Sounds like it is, if you have the appropriate cable.
If you look under the "Features" tab, it says: "RCA to 3.5mm cable required for PC use (not included)."

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

nbrikha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nbrikha
PemberDucky wrote:Sounds like it is, if you have the appropriate cable.
If you look under the "Features" tab, it says: "RCA to 3.5mm cable required for PC use (not included)."

so all I need is an RCA to 3.5mm cable? it looks like in the picture it comes with a fiber optic cable. I have a fiber optic input on my sound card. If it comes with one, anybody know if I can use it that way?

zxinfinity

quality posts: 18 Private Messages zxinfinity
thecamerone wrote:Once again, the Deathadder is sold out before I even wake up -.-

I think I've got one somewhere that I don't have a need for. That I'd be willing to sell off. Not sure if it's the 3500 dpi or the 1800 dpi one.

Shinespark

quality posts: 33 Private Messages Shinespark
thecamerone wrote:Once again, the Deathadder is sold out before I even wake up -.-

Considering they crap out like clockwork, they have to be replaced by many. Personally, I've given up on them.

syninthecity

quality posts: 10 Private Messages syninthecity

i feel bad for those who got stuck with the tron mouse. i went through three in 6 months, buttons just fail one after another.

turbobeta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages turbobeta

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Expert Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
http://www.woot.com/offers/blackwidow-ultimate-2013-keyboard-1

^^^^^ 1. Is this keyboard backlit?
^^^^^ 2. If so, what color?

evilcheerio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evilcheerio

I have the version before the 2013 and they are both blue backlit

turbobeta wrote:Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Expert Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

draigun

quality posts: 23 Private Messages draigun
turbobeta wrote:Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Expert Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

If it's the same as this one, then yes. Individually backlit keys, with a green color.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 167 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Feature added to sale (updated):

- Never miss a key in the dark with green backlit keys that give you the tactical edge, allowing you to launch assaults and flank your foes even under low light conditions

raney2

quality posts: 3 Private Messages raney2

Well, I've stopped by the last couple of times to note that I love my BlackWidow Ultimate... and I do, still, BUT:

The Synapse cloud-based driver really is as bad as everyone says it is. I upgraded to Windows 8, which took away my ability to use the old v1 drivers - and I wasn't able to ctl+alt+del to unlock my computer with Synapse installed.

So I started the process of tech support; I was passed through four "escalation techs" after the initial phone call was fruitless, and each one pasted me the same "please uninstall and reinstall" script in an email.

I eventually gave up, and the hardware is still functional (which is something) - but what this all means is that I can't use the macro keys or programmability.

I'd say save your money for a company that does business in a better way.

ROGETRAY

Staff

raney2 wrote:Well, I've stopped by the last couple of times to note that I love my BlackWidow Ultimate... and I do, still, BUT:

The Synapse cloud-based driver really is as bad as everyone says it is. I upgraded to Windows 8, which took away my ability to use the old v1 drivers - and I wasn't able to ctl+alt+del to unlock my computer with Synapse installed.

So I started the process of tech support; I was passed through four "escalation techs" after the initial phone call was fruitless, and each one pasted me the same "please uninstall and reinstall" script in an email.

I eventually gave up, and the hardware is still functional (which is something) - but what this all means is that I can't use the macro keys or programmability.

I'd say save your money for a company that does business in a better way.

Sorry to hear that you experienced issues with contacting Razer.

Please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know, I'm sure they'll be able to answer any questions or concerns you may have about your purchase.

mjrazor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjrazor

I bought the Razer Hydra PC Gaming Motion Sensing Controllers last time they were available and was very disappointed. It is not compatible with the Windows 8 os. I contacted woot and asked if I was doing something wrong and didn't hear a hoot. Money wasted.

ROGETRAY

Staff

mjrazor wrote:I bought the Razer Hydra PC Gaming Motion Sensing Controllers last time they were available and was very disappointed. It is not compatible with the Windows 8 os. I contacted woot and asked if I was doing something wrong and didn't hear a hoot. Money wasted.

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't receive a response from Woot Member Services.

I've pinged them to see if they have received/responded to your inquiry.

I also recommend that you check your email provider's spam folder, as sometimes their responses can get filtered there.

UPDATE: Heard back from CS. As they mentioned before, contact them if you have troubles with Razer and they'd help you out. So email support@woot.com. Be sure to check your spam folder for a response.

dwoods12

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dwoods12

Picked up a refurb of this keyboard on woot a few weeks ago. Very nice, though there are a few things. Media and volume controls are on a touch sensitive panel, kind of gimmicky, but very usable. Keys are responsive and I never feel like I have to hit twice. Backlighting is dim, but I hate the blinding blue LED lights, so it's perfect for me.

ewhac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ewhac
mjrazor wrote:I bought the Razer Hydra PC Gaming Motion Sensing Controllers last time they were available and was very disappointed. It is not compatible with the Windows 8 os. I contacted woot and asked if I was doing something wrong and didn't hear a hoot. Money wasted.

I don't have Windoze 8 (running XP here), so I don't know if this will work. But you may care to try visiting Sixense's Web site and downloading their quasi-driver. It isn't as flashy, but it seems to work relatively well, and is generally regarded as more up-to-date than Razer's software.

RobinBobcat

quality posts: 41 Private Messages RobinBobcat

I still hold that the TRON mouse is worth it just for the packaging. Seriously, you guys, it's that nifty.

Meow

Go Squarryls!

ihopethisnameisavailable

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ihopethisnameisavailable
nbrikha wrote:Is the Chimaera compatible with PC applications? I want one but I have no desire to use it for my xBox

I got the Chimaera 5.1 for my computer the last time woot had it up and it works great. I did have to fish out an old 3.5 mm jack to plug the base into the "microphone in" on the computer. I don't use the RCA cables at all, just 2 3.5 jacks for the mic and sound. It does have the fiber optic plugs but I don't have that on my PC so I can't attest to how it works.

jhklomanii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhklomanii
Shinespark wrote:Considering they crap out like clockwork, they have to be replaced by many. Personally, I've given up on them.

I couldn't agree more. After years of reading how awesome Razer equipment is, I took the plunge. I discovered the reason that Woot and the market place have an abundance of "refurbished" Razer keyboards and mice--they stink, they require ridiculous internet access (some models) to update buggy software, and I had to waste a lot of time troubleshooting odd happenings on my PC after install. Returned to Razer and at least got a full refund. I won't be purchasing Razer gear, new, used, refurbished again.

ShyGuy91284

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ShyGuy91284

Yes they do. I've been using them with Windows 8 64 bit for a couple games now no problems and I love them. Razer drivers worked like crap, but I got some jumpy motion out of them. Sixense drivers work like butter.

hmoffatt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmoffatt

Heads up...Razer customer service is an absolute nightmare.

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

The RAZER Orochi 2013 wired USB / wireless Bluetooth mouse is on sale at Newegg. $59.99 with promo code posted on the product page.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153115&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL042313&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL042313-_-EMC-042313-Index-_-Mice-_-26153115-L017D

Seeing as how the mice here are sold out.

victorkruger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages victorkruger

Does anyone know if the hydra has the portal 2 dlc included?

mrklaw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrklaw

I'm really tempted by the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate keyboards. Cherry MX Blues, backlit keys 10-key rollover and macro keys for less than $100. I paid about the same price for my Ducky Zero and it doesn't have backlit keys or macro keys.

trogdor0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trogdor0
victorkruger wrote:Does anyone know if the hydra has the portal 2 dlc included?

It is not included. I bought one a couple months ago from Woot expecting that there was just a code inside so I could download an add-on for my copy of Portal 2. No dice. Not even an option to purchase directly from Steam. You have to buy the bundle to get it.

raney2

quality posts: 3 Private Messages raney2

del

ranger135

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ranger135
trogdor0 wrote:It is not included. I bought one a couple months ago from Woot expecting that there was just a code inside so I could download an add-on for my copy of Portal 2. No dice. Not even an option to purchase directly from Steam. You have to buy the bundle to get it.

Actually you can email them and get the DLC

"Did you buy a standalone Hydra and you already own Portal 2? We'll give you our MotionPack DLC for FREE! Email your request with the SERIAL NUMBER from the bottom of the base to p2motionpack@sixense.com"

borderline769

quality posts: 0 Private Messages borderline769

Warning, my Onza's triggers broke after only a few month of light use.

onielliwaki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages onielliwaki

Would have bought some stuff but many of these deals are only for americans. Won't be buying anything from here now or in the future.

r00t76

quality posts: 1 Private Messages r00t76

is this different from that's being sold at amazon? $5 cheaper at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Blackwidow-Mechanical-Keyboard-RZ03-00391500-R3U1/dp/B008U5ZM6E

[Edit] and amazon one is new, this one is refurb?

Rustyh3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Rustyh3

Gaming Keypad is now one of the more used accessories on my desk.

Programmable buttons make this a valuable tool for increasing productivity with this stupid computer.

The thing works so well I actually have one at every desk I use.

R

wayneadam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wayneadam

Im sure this is a quite stupid question, but if i plug it into my A/V reciever, can I listen to my TV on it? I want this for my Xbox, but also for my sportsing as my wife finds the sound of a crack of a bat (or QB's neck)annoying. Thanks!

kmorgida

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmorgida

I don't know if anyone else was uncertain about it, but in a moment of excitement I panic-bought (it's a thing) the Onza and then went "oh Yellow Brick Road is it PC compatible?!" Looked it up, and yes it is. We'll see how well it actually works, but I'm excited to play all kinds of stuff on Steam.

ejmayo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ejmayo

Buyer beware. I have two Razer mechanical keyboards (one for home and one for work) and both of them have problems with repeating keys. Google blackwidow repeating keys. I also have the Naga Epic mouse which is the wireless version and it constantly gets disconnected or looses its connection and it's less than a foot away from the charging dock. Also google "why does this mouse need to connect to the internet" for a nice review of the BS you have to go through to load drivers. Razer products, I've come to learn, are over priced crap and their tech support is MIA too.

tehloner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tehloner

I ordered a Hydra yesterday, got one day shipping and woot said it'll arrive today. But the tracking number hasn't even changed from ready for UPS. Is it safe to say that I'm not getting it today? I'd be mad if I paid for one day and gotten it later than that.

ROGETRAY

Staff

tehloner wrote:I ordered a Hydra yesterday, got one day shipping and woot said it'll arrive today. But the tracking number hasn't even changed from ready for UPS. Is it safe to say that I'm not getting it today? I'd be mad if I paid for one day and gotten it later than that.

By all accounts it should arrive today.

If you're concerned with your order, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they can assist you.