Want to turn your crossword skills into a coveted (for some reason) Bag o' Crap? Then welcome, intrepid cross-linguist, to Crapword Puzzle central! Here you can download the puzzle, follow along with the game, and voice your Huzzays of ecstasy and Dangits of defeat. We'll update it as we go, so check back often for the latest Crapword action highlights.
If you haven't already, click on the image over there (or right here) to download the full PDF. We enjoy printing it out and completing it the old fashioned way, but you can also fill it out on your computer.
Make sure you format your emails per the guidelines listed in the PDF. We're using filters and rules and whatnot, so if you don't do it right, your email will vanish into the ether.
A quick note: clues will be showing up throughout the Woot-Off, but we like to sleep sometimes. So we might not get back to the winners RIGHT AWAY during the wee hours. Worry not -- we'll make sure everybody gets the crap they deserve.
Feel free to share your theories, semi-completed puzzles, and other ruminations right here on this comment thread. We'll keep you updated when prizes have been awarded and all that.
So sit back, have fun, and start pressing F5. It's the Crapword Puzzle!
- Follow along with the Woot-Off on Woot.com and look for clues in the product descriptions.
- When you have an answer, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org in the following format:
- SUBJECT: 2-down: Kentucky’s capital
- BODY: Frankfort
- The ﬁrst two users to correctly answer the question receive a private link to a page where they can purchase a Bag o' Crap. These links will be unique to each winner.
- You get one guess per question, so make it a good'un.
- Answers are only eligible once the question has been posted. No early birds.
- As always with the BOC, individuals are limited to one BOC per week. So, Crapworders: if you get one, you're done.
Holy CRAP, we've already had 2 clues and 4 winners. We're going to keep the answers secret for now, but what do you think? Do you want to know what the winners answered, or keep guessing? We've never done one of these before. Does this help?:
Some answers to some already Frequently-Demanded Questions:
- You will only get a response if you are one of the winners.
- Capitalization doesn't matter
- Clues are only on Woot.com, not any of the other sites
- Not every product has a clue. (There are 76 clues total)
- Your email signature won't mess anything up
YAWN. It's time for the Crapword Puzzle moderation to take a much-needed snooze. The game goes on, but emails to the winners will wait until morning, as will updates to this post. Keep the guesses coming, ye brave night-owls.
4/23 10:01 am
We're back! Thanks for the patience, ya'll. Emails going out to winners as we speak.
4/23 10:41 am
All caught up.
4/23 11:24 am
Uploaded a new PDF with editable text fields. Printerless Wooters rejoice!
Sorry for the delay on 53-down. We had some mail issues that we wanted to make sure were smoothed out before we emailed the winners.
The game marches into Day Two, but Crapword managment is hitting the hay. Keep the guesses coming -- emails will go out to the winners in the morning. HINT: 100-across is definitely ZZZZzzzzzzZZZZzzzz
And we're back!
4/24 10:40 pm
All 50 emails have been sent. Check your spam filters (turns out some don't like so much "crap"), congratulate yourself if you won, and weep bitter, crappy tears if you didn't. AND REMEMBER TO BUY YOUR CRAP PRONTO. IT WILL DISAPPEAR TOMORROW AT MIDNIGHT. joshobra, I'm looking at you.
Thank you so much for everyone who played. Ya'll have been an awesome crew. I had a blast and I hope you did too.