+ Add a Comment

anndor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anndor

I tried Agog for impatient/anxious rather than going for tired.

skemmis

quality posts: 19 Private Messages skemmis

Staff

SColburn wrote:Have all the winners' emails been sent out at this point? Just want to know if I can put my email away and get back to work. lol

Yes they have. (Except 53-down, which continues to elude)

Jertyrael

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Jertyrael
SColburn wrote:Have all the winners' emails been sent out at this point? Just want to know if I can put my email away and get back to work. lol

I imagine so. It shows winners for every clue so far except 53-down.

Unless there's a delay from marking on the spreadsheet that there's a winner and emailing said winners.

"Woot and all our various sites will continue to be an independently operated company full of horrible, useless products and an untalented jerkface writing staff, same as it ever was." -- Matt Rutledge

zangetsu1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zangetsu1

face it, it's a woot-off...nobody's going to get any real work done today...

everwondering

quality posts: 0 Private Messages everwondering

I went with "idle" for 53-down.

Dissonance

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Dissonance
skemmis wrote:Yes they have. (Except 53-down, which continues to elude)

Time to reset and let us all guess again!

lichme

quality posts: 3191 Private Messages lichme

From the original post, it says that the clues will only be on woot.com, and no other sites (I would think that would mean kids, home etc), however that appears to be incorrect. Please confirm.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

Jertyrael

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Jertyrael
skemmis wrote:Yes they have. (Except 53-down, which continues to elude)

Arghhh!! You obliterated the last shred of hope I had.

"Woot and all our various sites will continue to be an independently operated company full of horrible, useless products and an untalented jerkface writing staff, same as it ever was." -- Matt Rutledge

annwat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages annwat
thatdamnweasel wrote:But "drunk" doesn't fit...?

"drunk" might fight if you slur your words.

aramis4life

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aramis4life
Jertyrael wrote:Arghhh!! You obliterated the last shred of hope I had.

I feel the same Arghhh!

skemmis

Staff

lichme wrote:From the original post, it says that the clues will only be on woot.com, and no other sites (I would think that would mean kids, home etc), however that appears to be incorrect. Please confirm.

That is correct. Where you seeing other clues? Do we have a ROGUE CROSSWORD?

lichme

skemmis wrote:That is correct. Where you seeing other clues? Do we have a ROGUE CROSSWORD?

They have been frequently posted on non woot.com items.

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

drewman11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewman11

Many of you right now, probably

Did anyone try- home?

skemmis

Staff

lichme wrote:They have been frequently posted on non woot.com items.

Are you trolling me, Lichme? :P Can you give me an example?

trekmiss

quality posts: 8 Private Messages trekmiss

Awake and back to trying again. This is the most I've paid attention to Woot in a long time, and I'm really enjoying it. Good idea, Woot!

larsonyo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages larsonyo

My answer for 53-down got rejected by Woot's e-mail server..

cfalgas

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cfalgas
skemmis wrote:Are you trolling me, Lichme? :P Can you give me an example?

I checked Home and Kids and found no clues. Lichme must be either trolling or confused.

larsonyo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages larsonyo
larsonyo wrote:My answer for 53-down got rejected by Woot's e-mail server..

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

crapword@woot.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain woot.com by corpmail.woot.com. [209.12.104.157].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 5.7.1 Message Rejected Due to Content

My answer:
N*DE

lichme

skemmis wrote:Are you trolling me, Lichme? :P Can you give me an example?

Trying to find examples, but the page I found them on (the I want one page) isn't showing for expired deals. It was on them though (I specifically saw one on sport early on). It was under the "wootbot says" section of the I want one page. I'll let you know if I find any more, but there was 3-4 at least.

justkissmybass

quality posts: 3 Private Messages justkissmybass

For those who haven't tried answering 53-down yet, I've thought of "Gone", but put in "Worn". Not sure if anyone wants to try that since I haven't seen it suggested yet.

annwat

i've exceeded my guess limit for "53-Down: Many of you right now, probably" but just to throw it out there, did anyone trie "ired"?

cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller

I just emailed in "WORK".. worth a shot.

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

yesimbrandon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yesimbrandon

How do you guys know if you've actually found a clue in the items? This is the first time I've tried looking, didn't know if it was obvious or just guessing.

jsh139

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jsh139

I tried 'Numb' for 53-down. It's a crappy answer, but I at least wanted to get a guess in. There's a million 4-letter words that could describe people browsing woot.com.

Insert signature here.

THDMfencer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages THDMfencer

I think I just wasted my attempt on 53-down with ABED, has anyone tried LOST?

dirtyearskwal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dirtyearskwal

Also, are people getting negative replies or any indication they were wrong...?

trekmiss

quality posts: 8 Private Messages trekmiss

I just tried "sots" for 53

draigun

quality posts: 29 Private Messages draigun
yesimbrandon wrote:How do you guys know if you've actually found a clue in the items? This is the first time I've tried looking, didn't know if it was obvious or just guessing.

It's pretty obvious. If you're on the front page for a product (before you get to the details page), there's usually a box with a description of the product in it. Currently, it's something along the lines of "The LED or 'Lunchroom Explosive Device'.." The clue will be here.

annwat

yesimbrandon wrote:How do you guys know if you've actually found a clue in the items? This is the first time I've tried looking, didn't know if it was obvious or just guessing.

on the woot.com page, right above the "it's woot-off time" is the short description box for the item. if a clue is being delivered during that particular item, you will see something like "14-Across: Sports src".

when you see that, you should send an email to crapword@woot.com with the clue as the subject (ie. "14-Across: Sports src") and your answer in the body of your email.

parrotice

quality posts: 6 Private Messages parrotice

it's in the Wootbot Says box in the item description screen.

Question: 53 down is posted on the crapword blog page, but I didnt see it on the item yet. Can you still guess, or do you have to wait 'till it appears on the items page?

Where's the crap?

cycokiller

dirtyearskwal wrote:Also, are people getting negative replies or any indication they were wrong...?

"You will only get a response if you are one of the winners."

annwat

dirtyearskwal wrote:Also, are people getting negative replies or any indication they were wrong...?

i got a reply last nite that indicated that while my answer was correct, it was not one of the first two winners. but i have a feeling that things are too hectic now as regards being able to reply to each and every person.

aramis4life

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aramis4life
THDMfencer wrote:I think I just wasted my attempt on 53-down with ABED, has anyone tried LOST?

I did and I guess it was wrong.

cycokiller

parrotice wrote:it's in the Wootbot Says box in the item description screen.

Question: 53 down is posted on the crapword blog page, but I didnt see it on the item yet. Can you still guess, or do you have to wait 'till it appears on the items page?

"Not every product has a clue. (There are 76 clues total)"

cycokiller

Holy crap people.. read the freakin' instructions page.

http://www.woot.com/blog/post/crapword

The answers to 90% of the questions showing up in here are right on the page.

annwat

parrotice wrote:it's in the Wootbot Says box in the item description screen.

i would hazard a guess that if you see the clue on the crapword page and there is no answer for it then no one has submitted the correct answer yet and it's still up for grabs.

Zarabear

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Zarabear

Anyone else that has won so far tickled with your 'individudal' BOC page? I've never gotten to see my name on the stats area as first (and last!) wooter to woot. xD

I'm taking a screenshot to save it. Hahaha

Too many to list... Woot on, Wayne.

sirgeb27

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sirgeb27

As a heads up- you don't have to use the email associated with your woot account to enter (and win).

maccally

quality posts: 1 Private Messages maccally

For 53 I guessed "work," because that's where I am, but I doubt it

hih934

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hih934
cycokiller wrote:Holy crap people.. read the freakin' instructions page.

http://www.woot.com/blog/post/crapword

The answers to 90% of the questions showing up in here are right on the page.

Are you talking about the sheet with the answers to clues that have already been solved...or was there a bug that showed all of them?