thumperchick

quality posts: 240 Private Messages thumperchick
Jessara wrote:mmm.. as I read it, they specifically DO ask people to speculate: 'Feel free to share your theories, semi-completed puzzles, and other ruminations right here on this comment thread'

codex wrote:Codswallop. Since every square in an American-style crossword puzzle is checked (ie crossed by another word), there will inevitably come a time when we'll have at least one word fully filled in on the grid without having yet seen the clue. Long before that, there will be spaces where only one word* can reasonably fit. Are we to refrain from "guessing" then?

Of course, if you do share a guess, and someone who sees your guess is quicker on the "send" button once the clue is posted, you've cheated yourself out of a BoC. Too bad for you. But you get to look smart on the forum, so there's that.

*Or phrase, or initialism, or whatever. "Word" in the loosest sense.

Point taken. Guess away?

laineyhigg

quality posts: 21 Private Messages laineyhigg

I'm hoping for a secret link at the end of the tunnel for those of us who are following all day and probably are not going to luck out :P

jon98gn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages jon98gn

Too slow on the trigger. Is it my corporate Great and powerful Oz monitoring my email before sending it happily on its way causing a delay? I pulled fast on the trigger but apparently not fast enough

\

darkmagician1184

quality posts: 8 Private Messages darkmagician1184
codex wrote:Codswallop. Since every square in an American-style crossword puzzle is checked (ie crossed by another word), there will inevitably come a time when we'll have at least one word fully filled in on the grid without having yet seen the clue. Long before that, there will be spaces where only one word* can reasonably fit. Are we to refrain from "guessing" then?

Of course, if you do share a guess, and someone who sees your guess is quicker on the "send" button once the clue is posted, you've cheated yourself out of a BoC. Too bad for you. But you get to look smart on the forum, so there's that.

*Or phrase, or initialism, or whatever. "Word" in the loosest sense.

looking at this puzzle, there is a way for them to submit every clue/answer w/o having 1 pre-filled in. only questionable area is 47-49 down, 47-61 across, but still very much possible if they do 47 down, then 58, and 61 across, then 48 and 49 down.

that said, soon enough there will be PLENTY of missing 1 letter words (like 7down, 1, 2, 3, and 4 down)

annwat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages annwat
laineyhigg wrote:I'm hoping for a secret link at the end of the tunnel for those of us who are following all day and probably are not going to luck out :P

yeah, i was thinking that maybe the long answers (ie. 17-Across) might wind up being a link to consolation bags.

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871
jon98gn wrote:Too slow on the trigger. Is it my corporate Great and powerful Oz monitoring my email before sending it happily on its way causing a delay? I pulled fast on the trigger but apparently not fast enough

Me too. When he posted it was in fact teens, I thought I had it for sure. I with I was home on my high speed internet and not my corperate slowness.

thomassonwe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thomassonwe

Wow, I must have been the other "TEENS" winner. This is my first BoC! I've been trying for a couple of years now.

I really like the puzzle-oriented BoCs in Woot Offs the best (and not just because I was able to get one). I had a lot of fun with this and with the treasure map Woot Off.

seanegay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seanegay
thomassonwe wrote:Wow, I must have been the other "TEENS" winner. This is my first BoC! I've been trying for a couple of years now.

I really like the puzzle-oriented BoCs in Woot Offs the best (and not just because I was able to get one). I had a lot of fun with this and with the treasure map Woot Off.

Congrats on your first Box of Crayons :D

mikebbass

quality posts: 21 Private Messages mikebbass
thomassonwe wrote:Wow, I must have been the other "TEENS" winner. This is my first BoC! I've been trying for a couple of years now.

Congrats fellow 'teen' winner and welcome to the BoC club. the first one is always the hardest.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
= 27
  • Bags Of Crap

1. The Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/2014
    2. Blackboard of Cleanliness 7/11/2014
    3. (Hand)Blackboard of Cleanliness 3/23/2014
    4. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
    5. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
    6. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12
    7. good-old-golden-crap-days 8/13/12
    8. we-eight-the-crap 7/12/12
    9. in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
    10. feliz-crapleanos 7/12/12
    11. who-smell-just-like-you 7/12/12
    12. not-exactly-a-goodie-bag 7/12/12
    13. Barrel of Crops 05/22/12
    14. Barrel of Crops 04/25/12
    15. Blackboard of Cleanliness 03/22/12
    16. Blackboard of Cleanliness 01/19/12
    17. Santa's Sack of Crap 12/25/11
    18. Blackboard of Cleanliness 12/06/11
    19. Blackboard of Cleanliness 11/09/11
    20. Blackboard of Cleanliness 07/12/11
    21. Blackboard of Cleanliness 06/15/11
    22. Random Crap 09/22/10
    23. Random Crap 08/20/10
    24. Random Crap 04/14/10
    25. Random Crap 01/28/10
    26. Random Crap 09/24/08
    27. Random Crap 04/01/08

annwat

congratulations, thomas!

ronin9911

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ronin9911

not related tot he game, i love how they have a 4- inch tv on techwoot for 250 dollars, and this 32 for 210.....we may be here for a while

GraVix202

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GraVix202

I just found a nice surprise waiting in my email! Got it on the word Bob. First BOC I've ever won!

Congratulations! You spent wayyyyyy too much of your day on this stupid crossword puzzle, and are being handsomely rewarded with the opportunity to purchase a bag of useless crap.

DO NOT SHARE THIS URL WITH ANYONE BEFORE YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR TRANSACTION. There is only one BOC at the end of this rainbow, and if you give it to somebody else we can't help you.

http://www.woot.com/offers/Yaddayaddayadda

Thanks for playing, and make sure to rub your victory in your fellow players' faces. That's sportsmanship.

At cross purposes,

Woot

seanegay

ronin9911 wrote:not related tot he game, i love how they have a 4- inch tv on techwoot for 250 dollars, and this 32 for 210.....we may be here for a while

Not so sure about that. This is a name brand with 802.11n and built in apps.

laineyhigg

quality posts: 21 Private Messages laineyhigg

Congrats! The treasure map sucked a big one... I spent soooo long on that (as did a bunch of people) only to have it sold out already because people figured out the link early on. Yes, Woot attempted to fix it (and I wasn't one of the lucky ones) but it was still a bummer.

ronin9911

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ronin9911
    seanegay wrote:Not so sure about that. This is a name brand with 802.11n and built in apps.

still refurb, and an ehh brand

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
    ronin9911 wrote:not related tot he game, i love how they have a 4- inch tv on techwoot for 250 dollars, and this 32 for 210.....we may be here for a while

The price is all because of the name. VIZIO 32" 720p SMART TV is a much more popular brand, therefore it'll be more expensive than a Hisense 40" 1080p.

And since people want a cheap tv for other things (like a 2nd or 3rd tv for a kid's playroom or an outdoor area where you can use it for other things than just TV), they'll spend $40 less on a smaller tv. They're almost half gone. Don't worry, we'll get the next clue within the half hour or so.

seanegay

ronin9911 wrote:still refurb, and an ehh brand

There's always this one, too.
    http://www.woot.com/offers/32-720p-led-hdtv-with-nettv-1

annwat

GraVix202 wrote:I just found a nice surprise waiting in my email! Got it on the word Bob. First BOC I've ever won!

Congratulations! You spent wayyyyyy too much of your day on this stupid crossword puzzle, and are being handsomely rewarded with the opportunity to purchase a bag of useless crap.

DO NOT SHARE THIS URL WITH ANYONE BEFORE YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR TRANSACTION. There is only one BOC at the end of this rainbow, and if you give it to somebody else we can't help you.

http://www.woot.com/offers/Yaddayaddayadda

Thanks for playing, and make sure to rub your victory in your fellow players' faces. That's sportsmanship.

At cross purposes,

Woot

congrats, gravix!

mossygreen

quality posts: 71 Private Messages mossygreen
    GraVix202 wrote:I just found a nice surprise waiting in my email! Got it on the word Bob. First BOC I've ever won!

Congrats! Seems like we're seeing a lot of first-timers, and that's super-nice.

Also, you and I are probably karmically linked forever now, since we're the 'bob' winners.

superman425

quality posts: 10 Private Messages superman425

Is it just me, or does Woots new BOC distribution techniques seem to favor the unemployed, or at least those with a lot of time on their hands.

mossygreen

superman425 wrote:Is it just me, or does Woots new BOC distribution techniques seem to favor the unemployed, or at least those with a lot of time on their hands.

I am merely underemployed, but you may have a point.

olcubmaster

quality posts: 30 Private Messages olcubmaster
    mossygreen wrote:I am merely underemployed, but you may have a point.

It favors them no more than back in the dark days when suffering from an F5 complex was common

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

draigun

quality posts: 22 Private Messages draigun
    superman425 wrote:Is it just me, or does Woots new BOC distribution techniques seem to favor the unemployed, or at least those with a lot of time on their hands.

How is this any different than those who have a lot of time on their hands to monitor the woot-off all day for when it randomly pops up and sells out in 30 seconds?

seanegay

The April Fools one was up and available for nearly 45 minutes.

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra

Yay! Congrats to you!

As for me though, I finally got a clue correct but I guess I didn't make the cut.

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
    O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

swirlz5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swirlz5

where'd everyone go. . .any idea when next clue will come out? These are too far and few between

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss
    swirlz5 wrote:where'd everyone go. . .any idea when next clue will come out? These are too far and few between

Still here. Waiting for the next clue. I hope a lot of people buy this picture frame fast!

draigun

quality posts: 22 Private Messages draigun
    swirlz5 wrote:where'd everyone go. . .any idea when next clue will come out? These are too far and few between

It has been about one clue per 2-3 Woot products, so I would guess either on the next (or the next) for the next clue.

zooshooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zooshooter
    draigun wrote:It has been about one clue per 2-3 Woot products, so I would guess either on the next (or the next) for the next clue.

Did they update the answer sheet yet? Mine still shows 45-down as having no winners despite what I see here in the forum.

agushgar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages agushgar

I'm guessing "Invisible jet not included" isn't a clue. Damn it woot, you're gonna get me fired from my job I'm checking this so much.

joshobra

zooshooter wrote:Did they update the answer sheet yet? Mine still shows 45-down as having no winners despite what I see here in the forum.

They haven't had the change to update it yet I guess.

I'm still here... just really tired of waiting and losing.

I think I'll head out to the gym for a couple hours right now. I'm getting really stressed out again.

Good luck everyone!

joshobra

agushgar wrote:I'm guessing "Invisible jet not included" isn't a clue. Damn it woot, you're gonna get me fired from my job I'm checking this so much.

I'm pretty sure that commentary was mean't for the WonderWoman USB drive, even though Domo ended up as the primary picture.

zooshooter

joshobra wrote:I'm still here... just really tired of waiting and losing.

I think I'll head out to the gym for a couple hours right now. I'm getting really stressed out again.

Good luck everyone!

Answer sheet is updated now. Seems a bit slow.

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1

So is the updated answer posted after the winners have been notified or just whenever woot feels like it?

Should I be awaiting to see if I was one of the first two after a answer is posted or have the winners been notified by the time the answer is posted?

-JMHSRV

bratib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bratib
    seanegay wrote:The April Fools one was up and available for nearly 45 minutes.

Yeah, and I had finally won one... until I got the email that the award was in fact an error and I did not actually get it!

zooshooter

dernst_ca1 wrote:So is the updated answer posted after the winners have been notified or just whenever woot feels like it?

Should I be awaiting to see if I was one of the first two after a answer is posted or have the winners been notified by the time the answer is posted?

From what I've seen in the forum vs what is posted on the answer sheet, the winners find out a long time before the answer sheet is updated.

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1
    zooshooter wrote:From what I've seen in the forum vs what is posted on the answer sheet, the winners find out a long time before the answer sheet is updated.

thank you zoo

-JMHSRV

mibutterflywingz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz

Can/would anyone be kind enough to help me? I'm stuck in the ICU with pneumonia (I really am!) and can't figure out a way to do the crossword on my smart phone or iPod touch. I've never been lucky enough to win a. BOC but I'm hoping this time will be mine! Even if its all total crap and worthless, I'd be over the moon to win one.

But alas, I'm 28 and stuck in ICU all alone with pneumonia and severe Crohn's and so much more. Sorry to sound like I'm throwing a pity party.

carl669

quality posts: 27 Private Messages carl669

34-Across: Madonna role

evita or peron?

Wife: Do you really need all this junk?
    Me: At least I don't ask you if it makes me look fat.
    --------------------------------------

mossygreen

So, Susan.